Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Beeez posted:

Ah, so the other stuff from TAH isn't worth listening to? I just started listening to Beyond Belief but haven't listened to any other TAH stuff except one episode of Sparks Nevada.

Echoing what everyone else said, it's all good. That's just a personal favorite of mine, along with Jumbo! the Elephant's public service announcement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Hitting the jackpot sound effect after the guy confessed to his dad gut-punching him validated Call Chelsea for me.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

I didn't see it listed, but Whisky Brothers Podcast is hilarious.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/whiskey-brothers-comedy-podcast/id419752337

They talk about personal stories (getting pulled over and falling out of the car you are so drunk and being let go) news stories, and have a few improv type games they'll play. They typically update twice a week, I highly suggest checking them out.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
You can so skip this new Dead Authors Podcast. I'm sure Laraine Newman was great on SNL, in her day, but she doesn't seem to know how to be funny in an improv setting.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Maybe that episode stunk, but she's a founding member of The Groundlings so I'm pretty sure she knows how to be funny in an improv setting.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
No doubt. I like other, younger comedians/comedic actors/improvvers who were Groundlings. Maybe it's a generational thing, or she lost her touch, or she was a tired old person that day.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I disagree, that episode wasn't bad at all. It had some good moments (the suicide trend, the poetry bash, Percy/Byron). Nowhere near the best, but it is still worth a listen.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Hey Bros. Heads up, just listened to a podcast with this broad from Groundlings who was a founding member of SNL. She wasn't funny to me, so clearly she doesn't know how to improv. Either that or she's old.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Hey Bros. Heads up, just listened to a podcast with this broad from Groundlings who was a founding member of SNL. She wasn't funny to me, so clearly she doesn't know how to improv. Either that or she's old.

"Gilda Radner sucked and I'm glad she's dead"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I saw Mommy 2: Mommy's Day and who's this Del Close guy? Some unfunny nobody.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

New The Champs with Chelsea Peretti and Riff Raff. Can't wait to listen.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
It was a decent episode cause of the Chelsea half but I hate guests like Riff Raff and JB who come in and can't say one actual thing for the entire show. I guess it's funny at first, but that's not why I love the podcast.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

This isn't a podcast, but I figured people here would appreciate it more than TVIV: Paul F. Tompkins does a webshow on MadeMan.com called Speakeasy. If you like PFT, you won't be disappointed. If you watched it earlier this year when the original batch of episodes came out, there are 4 new episodes.

I dunno if people already know about it or not, but I've never seen anyone talk about it. It's kind of weird he has never mentioned it (to my knowledge) on his show or CBB. I didn't know about it myself until a month or so ago when I randomly found it on Youtube.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

indigi posted:

It was a decent episode cause of the Chelsea half but I hate guests like Riff Raff and JB who come in and can't say one actual thing for the entire show. I guess it's funny at first, but that's not why I love the podcast.

Yeah it became kind of a mess. Which was a shame because Chelsea actually let her guard down for once when talking with Moshe about creepy fans. I'm sure most people unaware of Riff Raff hate him after that episode, but you could tell he was playing it up after hearing Moshe and Neal (mostly Neal) ask him condescending questions. The part where Neal wanted him to finish his lyrics as a game was cringe-worthy.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

When Chelsea was at Helium in Philly I was hanging around after the show cause, for some reason, Craig Robinson was hanging out at the bar. I wanted to say hi and talk to him about some stuff from his episode The Champs (which I'd just heard). I was there for like 20 minutes after the show emptied out just bullshitting, then Chelsea came out and I wanted to tell her what a big fan I was but from the look she gave me she must have assumed I was hanging around to stalk her, so I just left (after I asked her to take a picture of me and Craig) without saying anything really. Kind of a bummer.

Although, I've heard she could be cold/awkward from other fans and comedians, too, so maybe she's just a weirdo. idk. Funny as gently caress, though.

edited a bit cause I forgot who reads this forum :argh:

indigi fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 9, 2012

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Conduit for Sale! posted:

This isn't a podcast, but I figured people here would appreciate it more than TVIV: Paul F. Tompkins does a webshow on MadeMan.com called Speakeasy. If you like PFT, you won't be disappointed. If you watched it earlier this year when the original batch of episodes came out, there are 4 new episodes.

I dunno if people already know about it or not, but I've never seen anyone talk about it. It's kind of weird he has never mentioned it (to my knowledge) on his show or CBB. I didn't know about it myself until a month or so ago when I randomly found it on Youtube.

It's a great little series, and it serves as a good reminder to go Youtube diving for people you like once in a while. PFT has some live standup on there that isn't recorded anywhere else too.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

indigi posted:

edited a bit cause I forgot who reads this forum :argh:

Who?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Well I'm not gonna out anyone, but it's not Chelsea (obviously)

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Mr. Mysterious! fwiw I don't recognize what's different in your post from what I first read it this morning, so :1

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Lol you got scared cause someone looked at you. You can, you know, just not be creepy and be nice instead of slinking away.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

Mr. Mysterious! fwiw I don't recognize what's different in your post from what I first read it this morning, so :1

It was unnecessarily harsh and personal in a disingenuous way. I changed it to include less judgement!

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I gave it a try for 1.5 eps and Chelsea Peretti is really not very funny. I tried listening to an ep from some other podcast with her and Adam Scott and it wasn't very amusing either. Just not for me I guess.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

I tried listening to an ep from some other podcast with her and Adam Scott and it wasn't very amusing either. Just not for me I guess.

You wouldn't be talking about farts and procreation would you?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

I gave it a try for 1.5 eps and Chelsea Peretti is really not very funny. I tried listening to an ep from some other podcast with her and Adam Scott and it wasn't very amusing either. Just not for me I guess.

Yeah I don't think comedy is for you either.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
If she's not talking poo poo to Pete "AAAHHH" Holmes then I'm not interested.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.

Someone has a different opinion on comics than me! Quick, think of something lovely to say!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Nah, her podcast is pretty bad. It's still new though to give full judgement but I feel like a podcast relying on callers (who are just short of being universally awful) isn't such a good idea!

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

-Atom- posted:

Nah, her podcast is pretty bad. It's still new though to give full judgement but I feel like a podcast relying on callers (who are just short of being universally awful) isn't such a good idea!

The best "podcast" in the world is a call in show....

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

soru posted:

Someone has a different opinion on comics than me! Quick, think of something lovely to say!

If the podcast with Peretti and Adam Scott that he was talking about was "Farts and Procreation" then Conduit for Sale! is 100% correct. Not only is comedy not for them, they don't have a soul or probably ears even.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I heard about it in this thread so probably. It's a bit odd because I'm an avid Parks&Rec watcher. Peretti just sounds like she's trying way too hard to be all zany and random and poo poo.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Throatwarbler posted:

I heard about it in this thread so probably. It's a bit odd because I'm an avid Parks&Rec watcher. Peretti just sounds like she's trying way too hard to be all zany and random and poo poo.

Might I suggest something more your speed like Red Bar Radio or Nobody Likes Onions?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I seem to vaguely recall trying out red bar radio years ago and not liking it, but I might be confusing it with another show. I'll give both of those a try now.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Groucho Marxist posted:

The best "podcast" in the world is a call in show....

nobody calls in to any of Ricky Gervais' podcasts

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

Barf. Ricky Gervais is a hack. The best podcast in the world is The Best Show on WFMU which I think is what he is referring to.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Just posted a new episode all about Crystal Meth.

http://loureads.com/2012/11/12/lou-reads-more-crystal-meth-tips-from-drugs-forum/

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Past Tense Ragu posted:

Ricky Gervais is a hack.

Do you know what a hack is or do you just know that people call some bad comedians hacks and so you think that word just means "unfunny"

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

indigi posted:

Do you know what a hack is or do you just know that people call some bad comedians hacks and so you think that word just means "unfunny"

Everyone knows that a hack is a cab driver and cab drivers are never funny.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Gervais isn't even the comedic hurricane that powers his own podcast.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Holy poo poo, you're a goon? Sorry, I'm new to the podcast thing, and you came highly recommended from one of my non goon friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

JackRabbitStorm posted:

Holy poo poo, you're a goon? Sorry, I'm new to the podcast thing, and you came highly recommended from one of my non goon friends.

Yup. I started doing Weekend Web stuff and loved Smorky's Best of Weekend Web stuff that I started double dipping. I've also done a bunch of readings from SA & mention it from time to time.

SA Tales of Soul Crushing Moments

SA Stoner Moments

SA Tales of Terrible Xmas Gifts

My next episode is going to be #100! Crazy.

If you don't mind me asking, where did your friend hear about my podcast?

• Locked thread