Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shortprsn
Apr 21, 2008
Guess what the men in these photos have in common.

They are all veterans of the American Revolutionary War

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Charles Manson is 77 years old.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

This is one of the FPÖ's main demands as well - direct democracy Switzerland-style. I wonder why...

Here're some more FPÖ posters. They're all closeted poets, you see?

Probably the most infamous poster in recent memory - "Home, not Islam. WE for YOU" (the "daham" is Viennese dialect)

"This is supposed to be our future? Austrians say: No! At the referendum: Austria, stay free!"

e: Haha, I just realised that the burqa was in EU colours.

"Vienna mustn't become Istanbul. He says what Vienna thinks."

"More courage for our Viennese blood. Too much of the foreign is good for nobody."

"My plan for Innsbruck: patriotism, not Moroccan thieves"

In conclusion:

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 11, 2012

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

midnightclimax posted:

Contemporary racist propaganda? Switzerland to the rescue!

You forgot one:

Switzerland is the closest we have to direct democracy. It is a shining example of how a system of direct democracy can work. It just happens to have a core of inbred xenophobes up in the oberland region who exercise their democratic right to poo poo on minorities.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Racist campaigning? Have some german examples courtesy of the NPD:

"Have a nice journey home"

"Stop the polish invasion"

This requires a little more explanation: The one on the left is the original poster, the text says "speed up!", but literally translated the expression is "give gas". Note that Udo Voigt (at that time leader of the NPD) has been known to deny the holocaust, so tasteless doesn't even begin to cover it.
So after that happened, the satirical party "Die Partei" went ahead and exchanged the posters with copies featuring Jörg Haider, the former leader of the FPÖ (see System Metternich's post) who died in a drunk driving accident :laugh:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

The rent is too drat high.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Hawaii is most impressive of all, given that a week has only 168 hours.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

explanation: http://www.floatingsheep.org/2012/11/mapping-racist-tweets-in-response-to.html

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Nevermind, can't read.

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 11, 2012

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

A french catholic* group is manifesting against the upcoming law modifying the civil marriage law to allow homosexual to marry and adopt. Admire the fantastic choreography of their hilarious artistic rendition of the plight of the catholic homophobes in a secular country (where religious marriages don't even have any legal value!):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OnUMKAqDGc
"One dad, one mom! Don't lie to the children". I guess if you only have one parent, you are living a lie.

They started to do their little dance in several town in France until two perfectly straight girls in Lyon spontaneously decided to counter-protest their stupid dance with some tongue-on-tongue action:

They stopped the "One dad, one mon!" birdman thing shortly after that because more people started to show up to share kisses.

*i mean a "totally secular group with the goal to protect traditional catholic family values founded by an uber-catholic politician who publicly attacked homosexual on tv citing Leviticus at the end of the 90s when the left created the PACS."

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 11, 2012

Longhouse
Nov 8, 2010

Chill out, dog
On the topic of racism, here's Jimmie Åkesson in regional loving garb at the opening of parliament:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

System Metternich posted:

This is one of the FPÖ's main demands as well - direct democracy Switzerland-style. I wonder why...

Here're some more FPÖ posters. They're all closeted poets, you see?

Probably the most infamous poster in recent memory - "Home, not Islam. WE for YOU" (the "daham" is Viennese dialect)

"This is supposed to be our future? Austrians say: No! At the referendum: Austria, stay free!"

e: Haha, I just realised that the burqa was in EU colours.

"Vienna mustn't become Istanbul. He says what Vienna thinks."

"More courage for our Viennese blood. Too much of the foreign is good for nobody."

"My plan for Innsbruck: patriotism, not Moroccan thieves"

In conclusion:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

My brother sent me this pic, so figured I'd just park it here:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Yeah, that company puts out a lot of folksy stuff of that nature.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

That's loving amazing. Did you make that? If so can I use it as an avatar?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fuck them
Jan 21, 2011

and their bullshit
:yotj:

I think they might be on to something.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

front wing flexing posted:

That's loving amazing. Did you make that? If so can I use it as an avatar?

Nah, it's one of T-Paine's old Obamatars. As for using it, go ahead, I don't care. I have another one, but given it involves a certain tattoo I don't think posting it here would be wise. :v: So have this instead:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

"...and then I'm like, 'That's what I call a Trail of Tears!'"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I like to think that they're all laughing at some massive burn Obama has just delivered to Jackson, something to the tune of "sup you genocidal slave-owning rear end in a top hat, guess who your party nominated and the American people elected, twice now?"

I like to think that.

I've no illusions about Jefferson's record/personal behavior with regards to slavery/race but he had some decent ideas in other realms ok?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Rand alPaul posted:

"...and then I'm like, 'That's what I call a Trail of Tears!'"

They're fleeing a giant owl! :stare:

:psyduck: It all makes sense!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I like to think that.

Reminded me of The Shawshank Redemption.

"I'd like to think that the last thing that went through Romney's head, other than that bullet, was to wonder how the hell Barack Obama ever got the best of him."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Crasscrab posted:

:psyduck: It all makes sense!

See:

Content!

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Apparently at the o2 arena in south east London they have need for an LRAD

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The wiki of John Schnatter is hilarious right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Schnatter

A Look into the mind of a petty rich douche posted:

Schnatter asserted in 2012 that provisions of the Affordable Care Act mandating large businesses provide employees with health insurance coverage would raise his cost of business dramatically, estimating 11 to 14 cents per pizza or 15 to 20 cents per order.[10] Schnatter has suggested that the company would reduce employees' hours in response to the increased costs of health insurance coverage. Schnatter criticized the government role in health care, but said he was ambivalent on the law itself.[11]

Followed immediately of an image of this dickhead's mansion.

And that's with the page lock on to prevent Wiki vandalising.

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Apparently at the o2 arena in south east London they have need for an LRAD

loving Christ is that thing set up to be activated remotely? That's terrifying.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

I like this one because of how it looks when you extended the bar out:

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Lyapunov Unstable posted:

loving Christ is that thing set up to be activated remotely? That's terrifying.
What's more terrifying is that they charged several hundreds of thousands for that thing, which looks like it's made from components from Radio Shack.

(CU on 4/20)

NathanScottPhillips fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 5, 2012

poopy pee pee
Feb 13, 2012

I'm a nice guy, hoping to have some fun on these forums, Lol

NathanScottPhillips posted:

What's more terrifying is that they charged several hundreds of thousands for that thing, which looks like it's made from components from Radio Shack.

(CU on 4/20)

Oh god, imagine what 4/20/13 will look like :aaa:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

brozozo
Apr 27, 2007

Conclusion: Dinosaurs.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Somebody was asking for this picture in another thread, can't remember which, so I'm gonna post it here.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
Here's some goodies, some oldies that have been posted or were posted by other people in recent memory, etc. -- whatever, it's all for posterity:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Apparently, they have firefighters in Tiananmen Square to put out self-immolating protesters.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders posted:

Here's some goodies, some oldies that have been posted or were posted by other people in recent memory, etc. -- whatever, it's all for posterity:

Oh cool, I actually saw this one in person. It was from the Indignado protests in Brussels from last year.

Here's a picture of mine from the biggest protest:

_MG_6664 by Fragrag, on Flickr

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

tastethehappy
Sep 11, 2008

What part of highly classified do you not understand?

2 down, 48 to go :350:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

First image I skipped to in this delightful video.

• Locked thread