Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Walliard posted:

22*7-1=153

Dec. 11 -30 days
Jan. 11 -31 days
Feb. 11 -31 days
Mar. 11 -29 days
Apr. 11 -31 days =152 days

So either it's April 12, or Hussie forgot about the leap year. :v:

(e: it sure is convenient that Jack's view of Skaia rising and setting conveniently corresponds to Earth days)

I don't know how I made that mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Bongo Bill posted:

Jack's been in prison for a day less than 22 weeks. Somebody double-check my math on this - if they started on November 11, 2011, that means the current date is March 5, 2012, right?

You're about a month and 7 days off.

Anyone else figure it out yet? :haw:

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

JT Jag posted:

Most of us thought that LOMAX was Land of Mausoleums and Krypton, but otherwise yeah

Definitely seemed like the most obvious choice, but the noble gases were spot on.

Also, Jake's Tomb Raider outfit combined with what looked like the golden PP7s from Goldeneye had me cracking up pretty hard there.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

We've know it was going to be Mounds since this update, though :

VRISKA: We've explored ancient crypts, networks of 8urial mounds, dusty old tom8s, giant pyramids, you name it. Hints a8out the endgame are hidden all over the place.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Ooh, that's neat. I presume we're going not going to go back over what we missed (continually zooming out, remember? Probably no more crafting sessions for us.), but I suspect we'll get some chat conversations that imply what we've missed, similiar to the intermission's missing-year conversations.

But, yeah, the B1 kids should be showing up any time. :D

Bongo Bill posted:

I find it interesting than Jane's planet, the planet of the Maid of Life, does not have any skele-monsters on it.

It's probably like Final Fantasy, where healing items damage the undead. Phoenix Downs (the forte of a Life player) are usually insta-kills!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

This isn't the first time we've had a flash-forward fakeout involving a planet introduction, of course. Though they all have to be resolved uniquely differently.

Burning questions include: sprite status? Robot status? Clown sightings? (Dave sightings?) Cherub status?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Plom Bar posted:

You're about a month and 7 days off.

Anyone else figure it out yet? :haw:

...huh. They'll all arrive in the session just in time for it to be John's birthday. Again.

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman
LOTAK looks badass. I didn't notice any tombs, though.

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Also, wasn't LOTAK supposed to be Dirk's planet and LOPAN supposed to be Roxy's? I mean, it makes more sense this way, but I thought it was supposed to be the other way around.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The big buildings are the tombs. LOTAK is indeed Dirk's planet, as Yaldaboath (or at least a big statue thereof) is there, and Dirk was the first one shown adventuring on it.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Huh.

Jane has a dual-weapon (fork/spoon) with a Skaia-tipped handle. Lord English has a dual-weapon (pimpcane / assault-rifle) with a Green-Sun-tipped handle. It is golden, just like Jake's guns.

Odds of the Alpha kids being tricked into contributing to Caliborn becoming Lord English? Increasing.

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

The big buildings are the tombs. LOTAK is indeed Dirk's planet, as Yaldaboath (or at least a big statue thereof) is there, and Dirk was the first one shown adventuring on it.

Yeah, I got that, but I thought it was already determined somewhere that LOTAK was supposed to be Roxy's planet.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Doug Rattman posted:

Yeah, I got that, but I thought it was already determined somewhere that LOTAK was supposed to be Roxy's planet.

That's not what you asked, though.

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Doug Rattman posted:

Also, wasn't LOTAK supposed to be Dirk's planet and LOPAN supposed to be Roxy's? I mean, it makes more sense this way, but I thought it was supposed to be the other way around.

Yeah it was.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

In one you're asking if LOTAK should be Roxy's and in the other you're asking if LOPAN should be Roxy's, those are different.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Jake, we need to have words about your booty shorts.

Not the tattoo though, that can stay.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

dumb brunette posted:

Jake, we need to have words about your booty shorts.

They are obviously comfy and easy to wear.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Noticed on the rewatch that Roxy's Portal Gun is BC-themed (probably from the Appearifyer she used to make it?) and Dirk has shoes that look like his robot's (Longfall or superjump shoes?). Jane's giant fork looks very Trident-y, which is interesting with the batterwitch connections, but it also looks like maybe she used the White King's scepter? Hints that they've been interacting with the Prospit inhabitants.

I'm sure there's more I missed.

edit: The unfortunate realization that Jane would have had to go back to Derse to get her shirt off her own corpse to be able to wear it again / use it for alchemy into a new shirt.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Nov 12, 2012

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
I wonder what DD's up to. Is derse just scattered rubble at this point?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

They have no sprites, or at least no sprites were depicted, indicating that the kernelsprites have either gone unprototyped (unlikely) or were tampered with.

Performing alchemy with game constructs like the scepter strikes me as a very clever and dangerous thing to do, like prototyping your future self or finding a way to escape a Scratch.

No sign of the Draconian Dignitary or the Empress interfering with the session, which I think is more likely to mean it just didn't make it into the flash, like many critical details about the setup for LOHAC back in the day.

If this really is genuinely the end of the act, then my guess is that the next intermission will deal with the arrival of the meteor and the battleship, and we'll follow along with the B1 kids as they receive (from whatever source) the story of how the session has proceeded over the last several months.

snucks posted:

I wonder what DD's up to. Is derse just scattered rubble at this point?

Derse is still present on the map at the beginning, but not in the zoom-out panel at the end. Prospit is in both.

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Nov 12, 2012

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

Performing alchemy with game constructs like the scepter strikes me as a very clever and dangerous thing to do, like prototyping your future self or finding a way to escape a Scratch.

The White King's staff is what summons the meteors. This may be important, given that at least one meteor (the B2 Frog Temple) needs to be sent back in time.

But, yeah, good thing the Batterwitch doesn't want to summon the meteors (shortening her rule), because otherwise making copies of the Scepter would be a terrible, terrible idea.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Bobulus posted:

edit: The unfortunate realization that Jane would have had to go back to Derse to get her shirt off her own corpse to be able to wear it again / use it for alchemy into a new shirt.

Could've just raided her house, I'm sure she has more than one.

Although they probably needed to anyway for that machine that breaks poo poo down into grist. Unless Lil' Hal recorded the captcha code or something.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Bongo Bill posted:

They have no sprites, or at least no sprites were depicted, indicating that the kernelsprites have either gone unprototyped (unlikely) or were tampered with.

I thought it was explicitly said that this is the case. That's the whole reason theirs is a void session.

e: I wonder why Slick tallies in sevens.

TheRagamuffin fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Nov 12, 2012

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

TheRagamuffin posted:

I thought it was explicitly said that this is the case. That's the whole reason theirs is a void session.

There were no pre-entry prototypings. Post-entry prototypings don't make the session any less void.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

Bobulus posted:

Noticed on the rewatch that Roxy's Portal Gun is BC-themed (probably from the Appearifyer she used to make it?) and Dirk has shoes that look like his robot's (Longfall or superjump shoes?). Jane's giant fork looks very Trident-y, which is interesting with the batterwitch connections, but it also looks like maybe she used the White King's scepter? Hints that they've been interacting with the Prospit inhabitants.

I'm sure there's more I missed.

Dirk has a Batman-like utility belt that he probably somehow made from Jake's multitude of comic books. The gas masks are obviously made from the skulltop (Jake) and the rocketboard (Dirk).

Roxy's dress is amazing but I have no idea what she could have possibly made it from. Her Derse clothes, her typical outfit and something else?

Bongo Bill posted:

I just think the lack of sprites is meant to indicate that they aren't really important to the B2 session overall. If they were prototyped, it probably wasn't with anything of significance. If they were tampered with, it wasn't in a way that was catastrophic ala Tavrisprite. It might be that the kids never bothered, but it could be that they just chucked whatever they felt like in there and followed basic vague sprite instructions and have since moved past needing them, since it's been five months.

It could also be that we've yet to see the sprites and we will once the B1 kids arrive.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Jake is cosplaying as Lara Croft.

Doug Rattman posted:

Roxy's planet was always going to be LOPAN, because neon => nightlife => bars => alcohol.

Jake's planet was always going to be LOMAX, because c'm'on, Bernie Lomax.

Jane's planet was always going to be LOCAH, because well we've known about the planet names after this one was introduced.

By elimination, Dirk's planet was only ever going to be LOTAK, because that's the one left.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Okay, what the gently caress, I checked tumblr and there are already cosplays of the new B2 kid outfits.

I shouldn't let this get to me. People like to Cosplay.

But who the gently caress managed to acquire a green Marty-McFly jacket in just an hour???!?

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

Jane's fork is six/2x3-pronged, that's a little foreboding.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

dumb brunette posted:

Dirk has a Batman-like utility belt that he probably somehow made from Jake's multitude of comic books. The gas masks are obviously made from the skulltop (Jake) and the rocketboard (Dirk).

Roxy's dress is amazing but I have no idea what she could have possibly made it from. Her Derse clothes, her typical outfit and something else?

Yarn, maybe? Rose's scarf?

Bobulus posted:

Okay, what the gently caress, I checked tumblr and there are already cosplays of the new B2 kid outfits.

I shouldn't let this get to me. People like to Cosplay.

But who the gently caress managed to acquire a green Marty-McFly jacket in just an hour???!?

It's kind of inspiring tbh

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

dumb brunette posted:

Jane's fork is 2x3 pronged, that's a little foreboding.

Also not new: she's had that kind of weapon since her introduction.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

Jake is cosplaying as Lara Croft.

Roxy's planet was always going to be LOPAN, because neon => nightlife => bars => alcohol.

Jake's planet was always going to be LOMAX, because c'm'on, Bernie Lomax.

Jane's planet was always going to be LOCAH, because well we've known about the planet names after this one was introduced.

By elimination, Dirk's planet was only ever going to be LOTAK, because that's the one left.

To be clear, people were speculating on Roxy-in-LOTAK and Dirk-in-LOPAN before the "enter" order became actually clear; the original plan got royally hosed sideways about the time the Red Miles showed up, and the switched order is why the kids got the lands they did.

King of Solomon posted:

Also not new: she's had that kind of weapon since her introduction.

It was just three-pronged before!

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
I really hope there's more to this act... Where's all the alchemy shenanigans?!

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Desfore posted:

I really hope there's more to this act... Where's all the alchemy shenanigans?!

The Hussie that Stole Gristmas

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
This was the best act I could have ever hoped for.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

what have we done

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Cleretic posted:

Also, Jack's tallying in base 7. Make of that what you will. (EDIT: Is that normal anywhere? Like, is that a typical way to count weeks somewhere?)

Actually, tally marks (or counting on your fingers) is always in base-1, since there's only one possible value for a digit to take, and you add a new place for every digit you add.

As far as separating them 5/7, you can separate them however you want such that it makes sense to count quickly. We usually go with fives because they're easy to add, but if you're counting weeks, it would make sense to use 7s so at a glance you could look and say 'yep, 6 weeks.'

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Luminous Obscurity posted:

what have we done

Oh. My. God. :aaa:

Today is the coolest. This update was the coolest! :allears:

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
I want to see the update but I'm stuck on my phone all day, and it can't play the [s]. Is there a youtube repository or something for flashes?

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Roger Explosion posted:

Holy hell, that was two minutes of some of the best looking everything I've seen in Homestuck in a while. I actually can't wait to see the cosplays.

Yeah, that was one of the most visually appealing animations yet. Probably because we're seeing all this stuff for the first time, whereas in most of the others it only introduces one planet or one set piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Oh jeez, just noted something. Jake having two golden guns is a reference to Lord English, sure. But it's ALSO a reference to Face Off; them being Castor Troy's weapon of choice in the start of the film.

IT'S NIC CAGES ALL THE WAY DOWN!!!