Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Samovar posted:

Oh jeez, just noted something. Jake having two golden guns is a reference to Lord English, sure. But it's ALSO a reference to Face Off; them being Castor Troy's weapon of choice in the start of the film.

IT'S NIC CAGES ALL THE WAY DOWN!!!

If he's gonna start making Face/Off jokes then I think we finally know why Sollux is still (sort of) alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Admiral Goodenough posted:

I want to see the update but I'm stuck on my phone all day, and it can't play the [s]. Is there a youtube repository or something for flashes?

I'm sure some stalwart fan will have it on Youtube within a few hours, give them some time to wake up.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Huh. I wonder if it means something that we never see Dirk's face.

I don't actually think this is true, but I just thought of something hosed up: We've seen mind-control headgear is a thing. AR could hypothetically be moving Dirk's body around like a Weekend at Bernie's puppet and no one would be the wiser.

Or, if you want to go less sinister, AR could control the body during the seven hours a day Dirk is sleeping, for optimum leveling.

War Requiem
Apr 22, 2008

MY BUTTOCKS SHALL DEFEAT YOU!

dumb brunette posted:

Jane's fork is six/2x3-pronged, that's a little foreboding.

Actually it's 7 pronged when she's flying upward from the window :reject:

(but six pronged before that, yes)

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Arthur Crackpot posted:

Dirk's gas mask makes him look like a Space Marine.

All the tumblers are comparing it to Tahu from Bionicle. All three look like each other though, so unintentional I guess?

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Despite the innumerable fuckups it took to get here/are still implicit in being here, this flash seems the closest to suggesting what a "normal" Sburb session would be like. It's got the "friends hanging out and having adventures over several months" angle, and while it's unclear if romance shenanigans are still going on, the kids at least aren't being set back by the Trolls' melodrama of romance + bloodfeuds.

Also I wonder where Serenity went off to?

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Got to borrow a class mate's computer, but she had me explaining all that was happening as we were watching. Not the easiest :)

Dirk doesn't appear to have prototyped any weapons, that's still the unbreakable katana right?

Jake is the worst fashionista, it's hilarious how overboard he went with his outfits. Imagine all that leg hair, jesus christ.

Jane's mustache was the best thing in the whole flash. Here's hoping it'll turn out to be a small computer.

^^^ It's sort of weird to see the kids helping each other out, when the beta kids never really got to do that all that much. Actual face to face interaction, in my Homestuck :aaa:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Jake is the worst fashionista, it's hilarious how overboard he went with his outfits. Imagine all that leg hair, jesus christ.
Hot pants. Jesus Christ.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Of course Dirk has Batman's utility belt. Why wouldn't he?

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!
The one thing I like about Hussie's writing style is that after the whole intermission, we don't come back to the alpha kids talking about the "omg Jake kissed Dirk's decapitated head!" scene. We move on and see new sights because it's interesting and exciting. Plowing through every single plot detail isn't necessary. Plus it lets him come back and expand on the story whenever he feels like it.

Also, it's awesome seeing the kids working together in the new session. :D

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Triskelli posted:

All the tumblers are comparing it to Tahu from Bionicle. All three look like each other though, so unintentional I guess?

I saw somebody on Tumblr make this observation:

:ohdear:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
LOPAN looks so kickass with those neon pyramids.

tsundair
Nov 4, 2012
I personally hope that we get some sort of recap as to how the kids interacted. Overall, though, I'm pleased with this update. There's not much more Hussie could have elaborated on - the session is void. What can they build towards?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I love how I'm all ready to get back to the alpha kids, and then this update happens, and I'm still alright with it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Triskelli posted:

Glad i'm not the only one who saw that. :allears: loving Bionicle, man. My childhood right there.

Also, i'm still holding onto my theory that the cherub lands will involve Argon and Radon. :colbert:

Anyway, while the flash was loving badass, i hope we get a fakeout and receive at least SOME backstory on what happened. I want to know if Gamzee went all Frankenstein on all the other sprites. I want to know how Jake got his Sweet Bro tattoo. (A hint that he's dating Dirk now? Wait, does that count as shipping. Am i a shipper now.) Maybe some more alchemy mayhem, because that is always great. Hussie, you're cutting out all the fun stuff. :sigh:

vvv: Haha, i get it.

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Nov 12, 2012

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
Why couldn't it have been the Land of Tombs and Xenon is the real question here :colbert:

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

I think it is based on a British public school uniform but with Lara Croft accents. When you're a sexy gentleman archaeologist you can make any outfit work.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Technique posted:

I want to know if Gamzee went all Frankenstein on all the other sprites.

If we had a fake-out ending and it went back and all it showed was this, I'd be just fine with that. :allears:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Color Printer posted:

I love how I'm all ready to get back to the alpha kids, and then this update happens, and I'm still alright with it.

Something I love about Homestuck is that I never find myself saying "gently caress, I guess its back to these guys again." Every character is a loving blast to read.

Technique posted:

I want to know how Jake got his Sweet Bro tattoo. (A hint that he's dating Dirk now? Wait, does that count as shipping. Am i a shipper now.)

Matching tatoos is like a universal sign for "2gether4ever." :swoon:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Technique posted:

Anyway, while the flash was loving badass, i hope we get a fakeout and receive at least SOME backstory on what happened.

The fakeout is probably gonna be that Act 6 Intermission 4 is just gonna be the Prospit ship and the meteor bursting in, then THAT immediately ends and we get Act 6 Act 5, which is, like normal Act 5, a huge piece'a'poo poo.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Is Robodirk a thing?

Because the first shot of Dirk, where he has the Batman utility belt, he totally has robot legs. Does AR have a body now?

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Didn't UU say that most of the session was gonna be blacked out? That's the real reason why this is such a short Act.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Cavatica posted:

Didn't UU say that most of the session was gonna be blacked out? That's the real reason why this is such a short Act.

Haha, that would actually be a totally Hussie thing to do and it would even make sense.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Does the skipped time have anything to do with the pages Caliborn ripped out?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

YggiDee posted:

Does the skipped time have anything to do with the pages Caliborn ripped out?
THESE PAGES. ARE MEANINGLESS FILLER. IT'S NO FuN. IF ALL THEY ARE KILLING. IS THE uNDEAD.

But in all seriousness, if their session was mostly voided, those pages...wouldn't have even been in the book to begin with!

Also uh what did happen to AR. :tinfoil:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I was about to say that i was pretty sure that Aimless Renegade got decapitated pretty severely but then i realized people were talking about Auto-Responder and uuuugh why do things gotta have the same acronyms.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Sockser posted:

Is Robodirk a thing?

Because the first shot of Dirk, where he has the Batman utility belt, he totally has robot legs. Does AR have a body now?

The upper half of them look like Chell's long-fall boots, so I assumed they were some sort of a alchemized super-jump or take-no-fall-damage shoes he made using his rap robot's legs.

...which is weird, since he already had rocketboard, and why would he need either of those abilities when he could just use what he had or make pshoes?

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I am loving Roxy's new outfit. She looks like she's ready to hit the nightclubs in LOPAN (well, if all the planets weren't dead). I suppose she could still get her rave on out in the desert with the pyramid neons. Hussie go back! We need to know more. :allears:

edit: Also, someone mentioned there were already cosplays from this up?! How do they work so fast, and where do I find them?

uranium grass fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 12, 2012

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I want Roxy and Rose to have a dialoguelog so bad.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Grrl Anachronism posted:

edit: Also, someone mentioned there were already cosplays from this up?! How do they work so fast, and where do I find them?

I found a couple on the upd8 tag on tumblr. It's a fun tag to watch people freak the gently caress out.

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.
Roxy's planet being LOPAN delights me in so many ways. Favorite kid's planet is a reference to my favorite movie. Also, I couldn't find any good shots on GIS (maybe I'll get some myself), but Lo Pan's whole throne room area towards the end of the movie is legit FILLED with neon lights all over the dang place:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Awesomonster posted:

Roxy's planet being LOPAN delights me in so many ways. Favorite kid's planet is a reference to my favorite movie. Also, I couldn't find any good shots on GIS (maybe I'll get some myself), but Lo Pan's whole throne room area towards the end of the movie is legit FILLED with neon lights all over the dang place:

Good thing Roxy doesn't have green eyes. There might be trouble when Jade arrives, though. :ohdear:

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder... Roxy :swoon:.

Sadly, I don't think we're going to get to see what happened immediately after they entered. Unless it involves Gamzee showing up and hucking more dead bodies into kernelsprites (please make this happen please make this happen).

I don't really know what to make of that giant X going across Jake's planet. I get it that X = Xenon.. but very weird landscaping.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If anyone here hasn't had the pleasure of seeing Big Trouble in Little China, do yourselves a favor and do so ASAP. It's one of the best worst movies ever made.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I'm actually really glad Hussie decided to do the new kids' session in brief, because it's actually a lot of fun imagining what's going on in these gaps, and I'm pretty sure if it got a detailed look, it would ruin some of the adventure. Not to mention that all these dead worlds are fantastically creepy.

Without sprites, they have no reliable source of information on their side besides Dirk and his time as a sleeper (hah) agent. So they've been pretty much alone/isolated with nothing but each other in a phantom world of the dead. Spooky.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
This update, more than any other, makes me wish that Sburb was a game I could actually play. Short of the whole Armageddon thing, I mean.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Hells yeah, I would love to play a Homestuck game about a group of kids playing SBURB. Better if we got to create our own kids/character and choose our player titles.

Bobulus posted:

Okay, what the gently caress, I checked tumblr and there are already cosplays of the new B2 kid outfits.

I shouldn't let this get to me. People like to Cosplay.

But who the gently caress managed to acquire a green Marty-McFly jacket in just an hour???!?

If you think thats bad, theres already a foursome fanfic up on Archive of our own. :I

VVV Mostly its because they got a ton of shortcuts in the way of the Trolls and Davesprite giving them sweet loot they shouldn't have access to and telling them what to do and stuff. Plus reaching God Tier really fast.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 12, 2012

KoB
May 1, 2009
Its always weird to think about how the Trolls and Jane&co. played for literally months, whereas the original kids played for less than one day and are 4 of the strongest players.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

KoB posted:

Its always weird to think about how the Trolls and Jane&co. played for literally months, whereas the original kids played for less than one day and are 4 of the strongest players.
You can basically break the sessions down like this:

Alpha Trolls - Casual players, didn't really focus on winning the game.
Beta Trolls - Hardcore gamers, ignored all the lore and quest-text and just killed everything.
Beta Kids - Speedrun, blitzed the whole loving thing and skipped straight to the end.
Alpha Kids - From the looks of it they're the first group to actually play it properly. They're just kind of hosed by the whole void session thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gizmotinker
Oct 31, 2011

WILL COACH 4 RARES

Great at giving unsolicited bad advice in the Dota2 thread without having a public profile! You see, it's his shitty teammates that hold him back; he wouldn't want you thinking it's him.

His posts make it sound like he's playing a different game. Seriously.
Hmm, two men wielding a katana and dual pistols wearing masks.

Did I miss it or did no one bring it up?