Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So the reboot of Littlest Petshop premiered. It's not as weird and offcourse as the Carebears rapping. But the show is still pretty out there.

The adult characetrs seem incredibly forced, however they seem like they're just going to be supporting characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Vaerai Archon posted:

So the reboot of Littlest Petshop premiered. It's not as weird and offcourse as the Carebears rapping. But the show is still pretty out there.

The adult characetrs seem incredibly forced, however they seem like they're just going to be supporting characters.

It was surprisingly watchable. I'll give it a few more episodes to see where it goes.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

So, Ben 10 Omniverse is actually pretty enjoyable so far. They've done a minor reset on his personality, and might actually address how much of an rear end in a top hat he is and that it's going to get him killed if he doesn't shut the gently caress up about saving the world 2 or so times.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Ok, what's this I hear about Elmo's puppeteer apparently having a sexual relationship with a teenage boy?!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Magnus Condomus posted:

So, Ben 10 Omniverse is actually pretty enjoyable so far. They've done a minor reset on his personality, and might actually address how much of an rear end in a top hat he is and that it's going to get him killed if he doesn't shut the gently caress up about saving the world 2 or so times.

Huh... That's actually a really good idea for a story arc.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

readingatwork posted:

Huh... That's actually a really good idea for a story arc.

I'm really hoping that's where the second half of this two parter is heading. Ben has needed to be taken down a notch ever since Alien Force.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

ConanThe3rd posted:

Ok, what's this I hear about Elmo's puppeteer apparently having a sexual relationship with a teenage boy?!

Elmo's puppeteer is a gay man who had a relationship some years ago with, who he says, was a man of legal age. However, the accuser says he was 16 at the time of the relationship. Sesame Street looked into it, and they found no evidence of an under-age relationship ever occurring. The only thing they found was that he was using company computers to send e-mails, wrote him up for misconduct use of the Internet, and then allowed him to take his own personal short leave. They didn't fire him or anything like that, just allowed to take some time off before people tried to drag his name through the mud.

Long short story: Sesame Street ruled he did nothing wrong and that it was false accusations.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Wait, that guy's gay? Neat. It was never mentioned in Being Elmo, that I saw but I guess there was no need for it to be.

edit: Oh, he was closeted until the stuff came out that would explain it. Guess it was a bit of a shock to his wife.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

El Tortuga posted:

Long short story: Sesame Street ruled he did nothing wrong and that it was false accusations.

Ehhhhhhh. Banging a 17 year old when you're in your late 40s is creepy as poo poo even if you don't have to go to prison for it.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
GBS has already instated a moratorium on debating the merits of age of consent, maybe we could all learn from them.

Pendleton Ward has a new show coming out, I'm kind of disappointed that he's pulling a Seth MacFarlane and launching spinoffs with identical animation styles rather than trying something new. That and a lot of why I like Adventure Time is the surrealism, remaking Star Trek TNG only with kids looks like a step down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpDOscUDQ_0

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Nobody is debating age of consent? :confused:

How did Ward find time to do another show anyway, they put out like 500 billion episodes of Adventure Time per year.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Well, his new one is actually internet-only on Frederator's YouTube channel and is even shorter than AT, so I'd imagine that's how.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
What does everyone think of Beware the Batman? Personally, I'm fine with this whole Alfred having guns-thing, as long as it turns out he was the true villian and Joker was Batman's uncle all along.

But yeah, I'd definitely give it a chance. Especially considering how great TMNT and Green Lantern looks, I have faith in the CGI stuff.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

IRQ posted:

Nobody is debating age of consent? :confused:

How did Ward find time to do another show anyway, they put out like 500 billion episodes of Adventure Time per year.

Rebecca Sugar is handling most of AT now. I'm sure Pen still does stuff for it, but definitely less.
We'll have to pay attention to the credits of the next season, I guess.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

horriblePencilist posted:

Rebecca Sugar is handling most of AT now. I'm sure Pen still does stuff for it, but definitely less.
We'll have to pay attention to the credits of the next season, I guess.

I thought Sugar was also getting her own show, though.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Roland Jones posted:

I thought Sugar was also getting her own show, though.

"Wait a minute. If you're working on Steven Universe, and I'm working on Bravest Warriors, then who is..."
*in unison* "UH-OOOOOOH!!!"

But yeah, Rebecca quit the show, but not before writing pretty much all of Season 4. Maybe Pen still finds time for the show? I dunno.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

"Wait a minute. If you're working on Steven Universe, and I'm working on Bravest Warriors, then who is..."
*in unison* "UH-OOOOOOH!!!"

But yeah, Rebecca quit the show, but not before writing pretty much all of Season 4. Maybe Pen still finds time for the show? I dunno.
I think Adam Muto is overseeing a lot of the production now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What does everyone think of Beware the Batman? Personally, I'm fine with this whole Alfred having guns-thing, as long as it turns out he was the true villian and Joker was Batman's uncle all along.

But yeah, I'd definitely give it a chance. Especially considering how great TMNT and Green Lantern looks, I have faith in the CGI stuff.

They're supposed to be taking out Alfred's guns. Although it would be fun if they decided to make Beware the Batman an adaptation of the "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader" story where Bruce became Batman as a way to cope. But then there weren't actually any supervillains so Alfred gets a bunch of his old actor friends together and they basically become Batman's rogues gallery with Alfred saving the archvillain for himself.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I'm pretty sure I remember reading Pen isn't actually working on Bravest Warriors and just came up with the concept and designs so they put his name on it.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
^ I think I heard something about someone else actually writing the show and stuff, but they list him all the way on the top as the creator. Guess they wen't for the starpower.

muscles like this? posted:

They're supposed to be taking out Alfred's guns. Although it would be fun if they decided to make Beware the Batman an adaptation of the "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader" story where Bruce became Batman as a way to cope. But then there weren't actually any supervillains so Alfred gets a bunch of his old actor friends together and they basically become Batman's rogues gallery with Alfred saving the archvillain for himself.

Wow, that sounds pretty crazy. I've heard theories of Batman having Hero syndrome, speak he has a compulsion to always seem like a hero, which is why he sends all villains to Arkham, where everyone breaks out, so he can play hero again. But this sounds like a really good and believable story. I don't think they'd do that though, at least not as a major storyline.
In an interview, the show's creators Mitch Watson and Glen Murakami mentioned they put so much focus on Alfred that they had to tone him down, so it'd still be a Batman show. They also said they'd reinterpret more recent storylines, so I wonder if they're gonna touch stuff like Hush or Batman Inc.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

^ I think I heard something about someone else actually writing the show and stuff, but they list him all the way on the top as the creator. Guess they wen't for the starpower.

Well, it's also based off another one of his old shorts, like Adventure Time was. (Listen for some familiar voices!)

But yeah, if you check the credits in the Youtube description (of the new series), he didn't really do anything beyond the original concept, at least not in this episode.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Nov 13, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So was Earth's Mightiest Heroes as good as Spectacular Spider-Man? Because I heard the finale was disappointing, whereas the finale of SSM was loving great and the only problem was that it was the series finale instead of the season finale because of Disney fuckery.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

So was Earth's Mightiest Heroes as good as Spectacular Spider-Man? Because I heard the finale was disappointing, whereas the finale of SSM was loving great and the only problem was that it was the series finale instead of the season finale because of Disney fuckery.

EMH should have ended with a two parter but instead ends with Galactus being dealt with in 20 minutes after being built up the entire season. My guess is they(Disney/Marvel) just wanted the show done so they could start on the Avengers.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

God the reason Jeph gave to cancel that show was so stupid. Though I keep forgetting what the reason was anyway.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Did that new Ultimate Spiderman get a renewal?

I'm kind of hoping it doesn't.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It is a loud obnoxious fuckbeast of a cartoon.

What do you think Disney would do with it?

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Vaerai Archon posted:

In the year of our Mouse King of the year Twenty of Twelve. The Magic Kingdom hereby recognizes the past and future efforts of The Gargoyles and by decree will show their ventures upon magical video computer box screens.

http://video.disney.com/shows/gargoyles-4ba34a5545c1259e961b9666

Everything Gargoyles is up on the Disney site EVERYTHING! I dunno when this happened, but it's even including the episodes that were not released on DVD.

It still looks like Season Two is missing a bunch of episodes towards the end. :argh:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Farbtoner posted:

GBS has already instated a moratorium on debating the merits of age of consent, maybe we could all learn from them.

Pendleton Ward has a new show coming out, I'm kind of disappointed that he's pulling a Seth MacFarlane and launching spinoffs with identical animation styles rather than trying something new. That and a lot of why I like Adventure Time is the surrealism, remaking Star Trek TNG only with kids looks like a step down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpDOscUDQ_0

Wow, that really is basically Space Adventure Time. If I saw that not knowing what it was I'd think it was a weird episode of Adventure Time with none of the regular characers, like the Silverhawks to AT's Thundercats, or the Danny Phantom to its Fairly Oddparents.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

ConanThe3rd posted:

It is a loud obnoxious fuckbeast of a cartoon.

What do you think Disney would do with it?

Show a new episode every single week while not giving us a new Gravity Falls until maybe December.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

El Tortuga posted:

Show a new episode every single week while not giving us a new Gravity Falls until maybe December.

Hey, at least we get 11 minutes of Phineas and Ferb every seventh Friday or so.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

achillesforever6 posted:

God the reason Jeph gave to cancel that show was so stupid. Though I keep forgetting what the reason was anyway.

That kids don't like/can't understand serialized storylines, which is evidenced by Avatar, Ben 10 and Justice League/JLU being utter flops.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Andrew_1985 posted:

Did that new Ultimate Spiderman get a renewal?

I'm kind of hoping it doesn't.

I imagine it's gonna get at least one more season because they talked about how it shares the same continuity as the upcoming new Avengers series.

And if that does happen, a full season order will mean it will be twice as long as Spectacular Spider-man. A depressing thought indeed.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Srice posted:

I imagine it's gonna get at least one more season because they talked about how it shares the same continuity as the upcoming new Avengers series.

Oh good. We get spider-man acting as a colossal jackass who thinks in family guy cuts for a crossover opportunity instead of more (amongst other things) Sora (Digimon)-voiced Wasp

This new avengers cartoon sounds better every day.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
How would US-canon work with EMH-canon? We've clearly seen Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Spiderman in EMH already, and they can't possibly be connected. Guess they'd have to retcon it.

I recently found about this new cartoon Disney greenlighted called Shezow. It's about a boy who finds a magic ring that gives him superpowers and a costume. Only thing is that the ring was only meant to be worn by girls, so the costume turns him into one. The concept is definitely interesting, to say the very least, but I'm curious about the execution, which is definitely going to make or break the show hard. Have you guys heard of it already? There isn't really a whole lot about the show on the internet, just some discussion, creepy fanart and the IMDb site. The only thing certain is that I am staying the gently caress away from bronies and tumblr when discussing the show.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I was bemoaning the fact that instead of the awesome thing, we now have to look forward to a crossover with slightly crooked versions of the EMH cast alongside Spider-Jackass.

And Yikes does that Shezow show sound like a disaster just looking for a place to happen.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Nov 14, 2012

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

ConanThe3rd posted:

I was bemoaning the fact that instead of the awesome thing, we now have to look foreward to a crossover with slighlty crooked versions of the EMH cast alongside Spider-Jackass.

And Yikes does that Shezow show sound like a disaster just looking for a place to happen.

An Australian Network ordered 52 11-minute episodes. They must be really into this premise.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

How would US-canon work with EMH-canon? We've clearly seen Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Spiderman in EMH already, and they can't possibly be connected. Guess they'd have to retcon it.

Well, nothing about Spider-Man's appearance contradicts since he had the same voice and didn't, like, say he had a job instead of school. Really Fist and Cage are the big problems and I suppose they can just be quietly ignored with the fact that everybody's voice and art is different.

quote:

I recently found about this new cartoon Disney greenlighted called Shezow. It's about a boy who finds a magic ring that gives him superpowers and a costume. Only thing is that the ring was only meant to be worn by girls, so the costume turns him into one. The concept is definitely interesting, to say the very least, but I'm curious about the execution, which is definitely going to make or break the show hard. Have you guys heard of it already? There isn't really a whole lot about the show on the internet, just some discussion, creepy fanart and the IMDb site. The only thing certain is that I am staying the gently caress away from bronies and tumblr when discussing the show.

Whoa, never heard of it, but yeah that sounds like an absolute nightmare. It doesn't sound like a necessarily bad premise, except I can only think of like 4 or 5 jokes for episodes and then the concept kind of runs out of gas. I'll just feel bad if some poor kid actually likes it then tries to google fan art of it because this is definitely gonna be DeviantArt's new favorite show ever.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

TwoPair posted:

Whoa, never heard of it, but yeah that sounds like an absolute nightmare. It doesn't sound like a necessarily bad premise, except I can only think of like 4 or 5 jokes for episodes and then the concept kind of runs out of gas. I'll just feel bad if some poor kid actually likes it then tries to google fan art of it because this is definitely gonna be DeviantArt's new favorite show ever.

I dunno, I thought Danny Phantom got some good mileage out of that whole thing. In Ultimate Marvel comics, Spiderman and his female clone always works that angle pretty well too.

But yeah, the internet shall surely defile this thing to the utmost. The horror...

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Sanguinia posted:

I dunno, I thought Danny Phantom got some good mileage out of that whole thing. In Ultimate Marvel comics, Spiderman and his female clone always works that angle pretty well too.

But yeah, the internet shall surely defile this thing to the utmost. The horror...

This'll be so creepy, it'll make bronies look like NPR listeners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

TwoPair posted:

Well, nothing about Spider-Man's appearance contradicts since he had the same voice and didn't, like, say he had a job instead of school. Really Fist and Cage are the big problems and I suppose they can just be quietly ignored with the fact that everybody's voice and art is different.

But the thing is that both in US and EMH, Spidey meets the Avengers for the first time.

Also, about that Shezow horror thing, you guys are too late. Let's just say Shadbase was so motivated he made an animation