Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I have a 50 Flakker, 50 Badaboom, and Terra mods for Gunzerker and Siren that I can dupe for people. Looking for a 50 Bee and basically any head. I'll be on tomorrow and Wednesday during the day/afternoon. 360 GT: MY BROS HOT DAD feel free to add me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

spamhead80 posted:

I sent you a friend request. If for some reason I'm playing Halo 4, just send me a message when you are online and I'll hop over to Borderlands.

ended up stuck at work. think you logged off xbox when I got home. blah. I'm usually online late night west coast time (11pm to 2am-ish)

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Marogareh posted:

Good loving luck. I've been at it for about 300 kills now and nothing but at least I've gotten to the point where I can just use the geyser to launch my rear end right next to where Doc Mercy spawns and not have to deal with all the skags, rakks and bandits on the way. I'll add you so I can toss all the legendaries I've gotten from the treasure room to save you some grief.
I found an Infinity while glitching through the treasure room last night. It was such a good feeling knowing I wasn't going to have to try to farm it from Doc Mercy.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Pretty sure I'm retarded, but can someone explain the farming process to me? Do you have to go through the entire area + boss every time or can you get through the area, and somehow save to do the boss over and over?

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Crunkjuice posted:

Pretty sure I'm retarded, but can someone explain the farming process to me? Do you have to go through the entire area + boss every time or can you get through the area, and somehow save to do the boss over and over?

Go to zone -> find & kill boss -> if drop doesn't appear, quit and start game again, repeat

Example -- when I'd start my game I'd appear at the Catch-A-Ride in Arid Nexus Boneyard, take a car, drive to Hellquist and kill him. When The Bee didn't drop I just quit and jump back into the game. It would start me back at the Catch-A-Ride and do it again.

Got The Bee and the legendary grenade drop from Bewm yesterday and the Badaboom from King Mong today by doing that and working on Knuckledragger for the Hornet currently. Just repetition until you get it.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Crunkjuice posted:

also, to add on that, a lot of the bosses to farm are near a zoneline or fast travel, which is where you spawn when you load a game. So like BNK3R farming, you can run through Thousand Cuts in normal mode, zone into the fight place for the boss, save and quit. Reload the game in TVHM and you'll be in the BNK3R fight area (in TVHM), kill him, pick up drops, save, quit, and reload. Repeat until you get wanted drops or go insane.

The other farming (chest farming) people talk about is from the Pirate DLC.

A goon made this video to explain that.

http://www.millerstv.com/lp/BL2TRoomGlitchFINAL.html

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
What does it mean to "cheese" a boss in this game?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

huh posted:

What does it mean to "cheese" a boss in this game?

Cheesing pretty much means killing in a way that removes challenge from the fight, like standing somewhere where you can shoot the boss but they can't shoot you.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Oh no. I cheese a boss whenever I get the chance.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Some at least seem to be in areas where there is nowhere really to hide. Or if there is it's probably a very boring fight.

Which is kind of nice. I like this games boss fights, they stand out from the other fights in their own little ways. If I'm farming for something I admit to using the Bee but I like the individual flavours of the long boss fights overall.

Argali
Jun 24, 2004

I will be there to receive the new mind

Broose posted:

I've never seen that wall street journal review until now. Man that guy is an idiot.

I never noticed that review until now - and it's baffling. I know Adam. To be honest, for a guy of his long experience and ability, reviewing video games is kinda silly.

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.
You don't have to save and quit to farm BNK3R or Terramorphous, just walk out of their zones and re-enter to fight them again.

Thelonious Monk
Apr 2, 2008

Life and music: all about style.
This game is pretty awesome, just picked it up, started with zero and switched to maya because the invisibility just wasn't cutting it for me. Maya is pretty ridiculous with the phaselock, makes single targets like goliaths and badasses trivial even if they surprise you.
Is it possible to remove the lovely scopes from the revolvers? God drat they are annoying as hell.

Thelonious Monk fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Nov 13, 2012

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.

Poala Bear posted:

ended up stuck at work. think you logged off xbox when I got home. blah. I'm usually online late night west coast time (11pm to 2am-ish)

No problem, we can try for this evening. I had a morning appt today, so I had to get off a bit earlier than I normally do. I'm around until 1am EST a lot of evenings, so we can probably arrange a quick exchange tonight.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
On PS3 you can just not accept the sidequests in TVHM and then accept them when you killed The Warrior and they are all lvl50 quests with lvl50 rewards.

You also don't need to quit the game to the PS3 dashboard to have The Warrior respawn. Just quit to main menu and loading your save is enough to start over next to the fast travel station.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Sioux posted:

On PS3 you can just not accept the sidequests in TVHM and then accept them when you killed The Warrior and they are all lvl50 quests with lvl50 rewards.

You also don't need to quit the game to the PS3 dashboard to have The Warrior respawn. Just quit to main menu and loading your save is enough to start over next to the fast travel station.

You don't need to dashboard on the 360 either. Just quitting to the menu works for any of the bosses.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

PC got a patch today http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22126761-pc-update-information

The Bee is nerfed and Flesh stick leveling fixed.

Get your power leveling in while you can, I imagine a similar patch is working its way through microsoft certification.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arrath posted:

PC got a patch today http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22126761-pc-update-information

The Bee is nerfed and Flesh stick leveling fixed.

Get your power leveling in while you can, I imagine a similar patch is working its way through microsoft certification.

Well, I better boost my last character to 50 then. And then I think I'll sit back and wait for all the crying to come out of that Bee nerf. Wow. I think I'll go to the Sham now.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Pretty harsh Bee nerfs. Reduced shield regen/increased delay were kind of expected, but reduced amp and amp split between projectiles in a multiple shot burst is rough. Adding massively to the tedium of endgame farming isn't likely to keep me playing longer.

Edit: so what non-Bee options are worth a look? I have The Impaler, Sham, a few rares stashed. Never looked at the stats on Hide of Terramorphus, may be worth farming ASAP.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 13, 2012

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Sweet, a semi fix for badass ranks! As soon as this patch drops I'll be back in business! :dance:

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
So this Friday myself and 8 other people are taking part in our second annual 48 hour games marathon for charity.

This year we're playing Borderlands 2.

We'll be live streaming the whole thing.

If you've got nothing better to do this weekend then please consider spending it with us!

https://www.facebook.com/Horde4Charity

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

So i'm home sick and i decided to farm the warrior for 3 hours straight. 0 legendaries in over a dozen kills. Gaaaaaah. Anyone willing to dupe me literally any legendaries on 360? Name is Crunkjuice108

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

BGrifter posted:

Pretty harsh Bee nerfs. Reduced shield regen/increased delay were kind of expected, but reduced amp and amp split between projectiles in a multiple shot burst is rough. Adding massively to the tedium of endgame farming isn't likely to keep me playing longer.

Edit: so what non-Bee options are worth a look? I have The Impaler, Sham, a few rares stashed. Never looked at the stats on Hide of Terramorphus, may be worth farming ASAP.

yes I can see how the bee might mess up future plans but its tedious as gently caress to farm bosses as is and now its going to be worse. I wish there was some kind of repeatable quest with a random orange level item guaranteed.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Wish they would have gone in further detail about the Flesh-Stick fix; I'd like to know what to expect when the patch hits consoles.

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

ShadowedFlames posted:

Wish they would have gone in further detail about the Flesh-Stick fix; I'd like to know what to expect when the patch hits consoles.

Maybe they make it so you don't get XP for his death until you shock him for good.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

ClemenSalad posted:

Maybe they make it so you don't get XP for his death until you shock him for good.

That makes an absurd amount of sense, now that you've said it.

stormrider
Sep 18, 2003

Absolut Awful
Gah, anyone able to power level me from 47 to 50 tonight? Maybe 8pm Pacific? GT: Stormrider

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000

Fixed bug causing Tediore reloads to get Amplify shield damage bonuses for each round remaining in the clip.

Why is this the first I am hearing about this!?

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
That doesn't sound like a bug at all. That sounds just like the intended effect that is mentioned in the loading screens. I guess the baby maker is just way too broken (it is)

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

stormrider posted:

Gah, anyone able to power level me from 47 to 50 tonight? Maybe 8pm Pacific? GT: Stormrider

I would, but that's 11 pm Eastern and I'd likely be in bed or close to it due to having to be up at 5 am Eastern. Bloody work. If you get on earlier, I might be able to help even if only for a bit.

That said, if anyone wants some boosting tonight in light of the eventual 360 patch, I'll be around from about 6 pm Eastern to about 11 pm. I might initially be on my alternate character, but if you let me know you're a goon I'll switch to my Siren and we'll get down to business.

GT is same as my username.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Xidus posted:

Fixed bug causing Tediore reloads to get Amplify shield damage bonuses for each round remaining in the clip.

Why is this the first I am hearing about this!?

You didn't notice that thrown, nearly full tediore guns can hit in excess of a million damage?

Its amazing, but a little OP.

JoansRawhide
Nov 13, 2012

Crunkjuice posted:

So i'm home sick and i decided to farm the warrior for 3 hours straight. 0 legendaries in over a dozen kills. Gaaaaaah. Anyone willing to dupe me literally any legendaries on 360? Name is Crunkjuice108

You should have farmed the moonshot! The chance of getting a legendary is like way higher when you moonshot his face.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

So mechromancer pack isn't part of the season pass?

Nevermind. I'm just an idiot who can't read. :smith:

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 14, 2012

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

JoansRawhide posted:

You should have farmed the moonshot! The chance of getting a legendary is like way higher when you moonshot his face.

I had no idea. Motherfucker. I did just get the bee from farming hunter hellquist, so i guess that'll make farming the warrior a bit better.

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.

Smokey posted:

Anyone have a 50 bee shield what protects again corrosion? i have lots of orange poo poo to dupe in return if so thanks

I have an alkaline (corrosive protection) Bee that I can dupe for you before they nerf it. If you have an Impaler or a Sham that would be fantastic, but if you don't that's also cool. Gamertag is Ethel Merman.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
Ugh... the flesh stick nerf is super lame. What's the point in nerfing power leveling? Who does it hurt? I played through the full game twice already, if I'd rather play through new content with a different character using my nice level 50 items, why crack down on me having fun in the way I choose? Where's the loving margin in it? I don't get it.

I really don't understand why they didn't just keep the Borderlands exp progression system where under-leveled characters would catch up very quickly as you killed high level creatures. The current system punishes people for playing more/less than the rest of the group, it's one of the reasons I cooped with my family a lot more in the original than I have in this game. I'm actually angry about videogames right now irl, because I just don't understand why they feel the need to make you play 20ish hours on each character to get them to lvl 50.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

smallmouth posted:

So mechromancer pack isn't part of the season pass?

Nevermind. I'm just an idiot who can't read. :smith:

Not part of the pass, but totally worth ten bucks.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I'm getting burnt out it. I just want a goddamn Conference Call so I can get pissed off when I use that and die against Hyperius for the two dozenth time.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

First time killing the warrior with the bee? Flakker. The best part?

Motherfucker is under the warrior with NO way to get at it. I know you can get at some of them from above, but this one is way under. I can't believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

Crunkjuice posted:

First time killing the warrior with the bee? Flakker. The best part?

Motherfucker is under the warrior with NO way to get at it. I know you can get at some of them from above, but this one is way under. I can't believe it.

Leave the zone, run through Hero's Pass again and reenter. The body will be gone and you can get your loot.

• Locked thread