Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

I hope there's more to it than just a few standard arena fights as the ones in the main game were way too easy and not that interesting at all.
Well, there's a new island. That counts, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Sleeping Dogs: Square Enix Character Pack - $1.99
Sleeping Dogs: Dragon Master Pack - $7.99

Bald Wei? :psyboom:

Ravana
Jan 20, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Drunken Master style? They really are trying to turn this into the perfect game.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
So I played this game for a couple of hours at release and was very, very meh about it. Then I plugged a gamepad in around 12 hours ago, and I just finished playing. Now all the DLC I assumed was just a bunch of random poo poo is... Well, it's still a bunch of random poo poo, but I want all of it :allears:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Ravana posted:

Drunken Master style? They really are trying to turn this into the perfect game.

I am really hoping there is some way to modify the game so that I can wear other outfits but still use Drunken Master style. Primarily so I can wear the Ghost Pig mask and nothing else while getting trashed and busting thug heads.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sadly, so far a lot of the bonus powers are tied into the outfits, which arent customizable. Even putting a hat on a hatless outfit is enough to break it.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Holy poo poo, I can't stop laughing at Bald Wei.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
His face looks a little too small for his head somehow there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God, they're doing an Enter The Dragon DLC?

Day one loving purchase!

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God
So I just restarted the game, and I'm trying to get all of the outfits, bonuses, and other things I used previously as early as possible. I'm having trouble finding one of my favorite clothing items, however; the Bruno James Formal suit with a white jacket and black shirt. It isn't for sale anywhere, and it isn't listed as the contents of a lockbox or anything like that. It was accompanied by the text "The bold contrast hints at the film industry or organized crime." Somebody on another website was similarly confused, and managed to take a screenshot. Can anyone tell me how to unlock it again?

EDIT: Also, is anyone having trouble with the DLC assault rifle spawning? I only managed to see it twice, the first after removing the on-screen legends sword from the apartment and coming back after around half an hour later, and they both spawned, and the second after I accidentally stumbled into the boat apartment while searching for lock boxes, where it was on the table. While it's not a huge deal, it was half the reason I bought that DLC in the first place.

The Easy Rider fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Nov 20, 2012

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
I wrote a review of this game:
Pros:
Compelling story, gorgeous graphics, immersive world, better-than-expected writing, decent plot, fun combat
Cons:
Crashes to desktop every time I start the final mission, corrupting my save

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

The Easy Rider posted:

So I just restarted the game, and I'm trying to get all of the outfits, bonuses, and other things I used previously as early as possible. I'm having trouble finding one of my favorite clothing items, however; the Bruno James Formal suit with a white jacket and black shirt. It isn't for sale anywhere, and it isn't listed as the contents of a lockbox or anything like that. It was accompanied by the text "The bold contrast hints at the film industry or organized crime." Somebody on another website was similarly confused, and managed to take a screenshot. Can anyone tell me how to unlock it again?

That's the one you get as part of the wedding sequence, isn't it?

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

LibrarianCroaker posted:

That's the one you get as part of the wedding sequence, isn't it?
Nope. That one's covered in blood.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Looks like this DLC: http://store.steampowered.com/app/215252/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
How much does the GSP and Police Proptection DLCs add to the game? I'm trying to decide whether I should buy it from Amazon now or wait for the limited edition to go on special again from GMG whenever that may be.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Ragingsheep posted:

How much does the GSP and Police Proptection DLCs add to the game? I'm trying to decide whether I should buy it from Amazon now or wait for the limited edition to go on special again from GMG whenever that may be.
The GSP pack just adds a superman punch and an outfit set that increases grappling/throwing damage, while to my knowledge the Police Protection pack adds a mission where you wear a SWAT outfit and go to town on with an assault rifle from a police cruiser, but those are only available in that one mission, so Tactical Soldier would be the one to use for an "open world" tactical outfit and assault rifle.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
Bought the game on steam during the sale, had lots of fun with it. Now it crashed for the first time and crashes before the splash screen every time I try to launch it. Not too bothered considering I got more than my money's worth of open world fun and I couldn't give a toss about the storyline, but it would be nice to finish the main quests before Far Cry 3 releases because I know I'll promptly forget this game exists after I start playing something else.

Playism
Nov 27, 2012
Bald Wei = Epic Wei haha

How many new moves and counters you get with the drunken fist DLC? I saw a trailer, looked kind of meager to me.. even tough its only 2 dollars..

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://store.steampowered.com/app/215259/

Temporary tattoo set. :v:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RandallODim posted:

I make it a point to use the tackle-clobber on grapplers just as a satisfying 'gently caress you!' to their grapple immunity. Can't counter getting your face pounded into the pavement, can you?

The first thing I did when I got face level 9 was find a Grappler and shove his face into a table saw.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Segmentation Fault posted:

Nope. That one's covered in blood.

That's the only suit jacket I have and it definitely has that description.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"

Playism posted:

How many new moves and counters you get with the drunken fist DLC? I saw a trailer, looked kind of meager to me.. even tough its only 2 dollars..

From what I counted, you get at least 4 new counters with one of them being somewhat rare, ground kick changes into a flip dive and your normal combo is only 3 hits, but the sweep has an additional butterfly kick followup. The "attack, attack, hold attack" combo and jumpkick both ground you, which allows you to use the otherwise rarely seen rising attack more.

One thing that's interesting is that the actual drunken stance seems to last noticeably longer than it takes for the Face bar to drain, although I'm not sure if doing moves and counter that make Wei chug some more booze extend the time or if it's just an aesthetic effect.

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God

LibrarianCroaker posted:

That's the only suit jacket I have and it definitely has that description.

Thanks for the help. This was really bugging me.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Just picked this up during last week's sale and I'm having a blast. I'm a huge idiot so my favorite thing to do is drive around with the handbrake on at all times. Just tearing rear end through densely populated areas, bumbling around while being trailed by the cops and clouds of tire smoke.

The ram button still works during all of this and often launches pedestrians a hilarious distance.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Just picked this up during last week's sale and I'm having a blast. I'm a huge idiot so my favorite thing to do is drive around with the handbrake on at all times. Just tearing rear end through densely populated areas, bumbling around while being trailed by the cops and clouds of tire smoke.

The ram button still works during all of this and often launches pedestrians a hilarious distance.

Ramming in this game is one of the best driving mechanics ever. I don't care how it would even remotely work in the real world, sending things flying hilarious distances is awesome.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
I don't generally rp or use my imagination in games because I'm lazy. That said I love throwing a fat man in the boot of my car and doing donuts around the intersection before launching myself off an overpass because he made fun of my outfit.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

movax posted:

Ramming in this game is one of the best driving mechanics ever. I don't care how it would even remotely work in the real world, sending things flying hilarious distances is awesome.

Fun fact about ram, if you're taking a highspeed handbreak turn corner, and gently caress it up (so you're about to hit a car/fence/dude/all of the above), just use the ram in the direction you need to go to adjust. Works every time (it doesn't).

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
Does any of the DLC offer missions where I'm able to earn more Triad XP, or do I have to fill every red triangle in the main story to max out my Triad meter?
The game is great, but replaying that boat chase to save my friend from being buried alive is getting old pretty fast.

\/\/ Great! Thank you. \/\/

Runaway Legs fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 4, 2012

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
There's Shaolin Showdown in the Martial Arts Pack.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
Yeah, that mission is pretty much the fastest way to max out Triad EXP in the game: beat up enough monks to fill up the triangles (should take around 5 or so), run away and repeat until you hit lv 10.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I've had quite a bit of fun with the game and I love some of the smaller details and features (like being able to see where collectibles are on your map if you finish a few side-missions).

In the endgame now. I put off Tran's car theft jobs, so I'm doing those in a cycle with the occasional Knox van to make some money, in order to buy the cars/clothes I don't currently own. If I truly get OCD-like about my Triad level being stuck at nine, I'll look into that pack mentioned above, so thanks for the recommendation!

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I'm having a lot of fun with this game, but does anyone else think the radios work a little weird? Whenever I exit and re-enter a car, it'll switch to a predetermined station and song and I have to switch back to what I was listening to previously, which usually causes the game to load a different song. It's weird to explain, but annoying as hell. I've done a little bit of searching, but I couldn't find anything that fixes this.

On a related note, this game has some pretty cool music! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPY3W3aYOTw

Caufman
May 7, 2007

GANDHITRON posted:

I'm having a lot of fun with this game, but does anyone else think the radios work a little weird? Whenever I exit and re-enter a car, it'll switch to a predetermined station and song and I have to switch back to what I was listening to previously, which usually causes the game to load a different song. It's weird to explain, but annoying as hell. I've done a little bit of searching, but I couldn't find anything that fixes this.

I think the radio only does this during missions. It loads up or restarts the same song specifically chosen for that mission's driving segment. Outside of missions, the radio should behave normally.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Caufman posted:

I think the radio only does this during missions. It loads up or restarts the same song specifically chosen for that mission's driving segment. Outside of missions, the radio should behave normally.

Yeah, it took me a few missions to catch on to that, but I thought it was pretty cool, the tracks really fit well.

I did notice though that if you have a song playing, hop out of the vehicle for a short time, and then get back in, the radio starts over at the beginning of the song. Noticed this while driving around, hopping out for 30 seconds to get a shrine, and then getting back in.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I don't think it is only during missions. I was just in free roam and whenever I hopped back on my bike, it was playing the first few seconds of the same Ninja Tune song after I had selected Softly and HKLUB several times. Oh well.

I only finished the game about an hour ago. I wish I had picked it up sooner; it definitely scratched an itch I didn't know I had. I wonder what they might do for a sequel. It seems like Wei's story is pretty much wrapped up, it'd be kind of weird to bring him back or even to follow another plot similar to this one. And where would they set it? Singapore? A bigger Hong Kong? Wherever it is, it'll probably be several times more interesting than another gritty rendition of New York.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Have you picked up the Nightmare on North Point DLC? It doesn't really add anything to the main story but it is a fantastically cheesy little add-on, and it looks like they're planning at least one more DLC in the same vein (based on Enter The Dragon :hellyeah:). I'm just happy to get more excuses to gently caress around in the Sleeping Dogs world.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

GANDHITRON posted:

I don't think it is only during missions. I was just in free roam and whenever I hopped back on my bike, it was playing the first few seconds of the same Ninja Tune song after I had selected Softly and HKLUB several times. Oh well.

I only finished the game about an hour ago. I wish I had picked it up sooner; it definitely scratched an itch I didn't know I had. I wonder what they might do for a sequel. It seems like Wei's story is pretty much wrapped up, it'd be kind of weird to bring him back or even to follow another plot similar to this one. And where would they set it? Singapore? A bigger Hong Kong? Wherever it is, it'll probably be several times more interesting than another gritty rendition of New York.

The map in Sleepy Dogs is just the island and is totally missing Kowloon and New Territories, so they could expand that way. I wouldn't mind another city, though it would miss the anglo influence for the story in Hong Kong. Just anything but another American city would be nice. Have enough of those.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

4.5 GB patch for Sleeping Dogs. Probably for the Zodiac Tournament DLC.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

gibbed posted:

4.5 GB patch for Sleeping Dogs. Probably for the Zodiac Tournament DLC.

So you get the patch even if you don't buy it, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

movax posted:

So you get the patch even if you don't buy it, huh?
That's how it worked with Nightmare in North Point. The way they designed the engine doesn't seem to lend itself well to adding content outside of the base game content.

Edit: confirmed, there are movie files for Zodiac Tournament in the patch.

• Locked thread