Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

GonSmithe posted:

It's some stupid Danish movie that's trying to be "metal and cool and funny."

It's seriously godawful. Danish animation is in a really dark place right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Here's a poster that I think is really awesome:

With posters like this I'm never sure if I want to know whether the movie delivers on that poster or not.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I had never heard of Blow Out until I saw the criterion collection cover for it and much like their Videodrome cover, it immediately intrigued me. As for the film itself, I highly recommended it.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

I like the original poster too, even if it really gives you no idea of what the movie is going to be.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

I agree with the guy on the last page this is pretty awesome.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Mister Chief posted:

I had never heard of Blow Out until I saw the criterion collection cover for it and much like their Videodrome cover, it immediately intrigued me. As for the film itself, I highly recommended it.

Yeah, I just blind bought it a week or so ago and have watched it several times since. It's reaaallllyyyy good.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Most names on a poster ever?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh man. So many name and face mismatch haters dropped dead just now that the Jedis felt it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I hope that film is nothing but clips from other movies featuring those actors spliced together to form a "plot" in the loosest sense of the word. Only then would the movie match that awful poster.

e: holy loving poo poo that trailer :nws: it's like they somehow decided a big budget huge name version of The Underground Comedy Movie was a good idea

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 12, 2012

Silver Newt
Jun 8, 2007

Happiness is being famous for your financial ability to indulge in every kind of excess.

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Here's a poster that I think is really awesome:

The poster is a good ten times better than the actual film. I really like the one the same artist did for Father's Day.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

e: holy loving poo poo that trailer :nws: it's like they somehow decided a big budget huge name version of The Underground Comedy Movie was a good idea

This will be a DVD that I will own. I have zero inhibitions saying that as loud as I can.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Yodzilla posted:

I hope that film is nothing but clips from other movies featuring those actors spliced together to form a "plot" in the loosest sense of the word. Only then would the movie match that awful poster.

Movie 43 looks great. I totally support A-listers starring in the modern equivalent of Kentucky Fried Movie.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

Yodzilla posted:

I'm totally down for this.

Gerard Butler as the leprechaun!

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

Weird dubbing over Stephen Merchant's lines.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Yodzilla posted:

Did they seriously make an uncensored trailer and then go to the trouble of censoring "Na na na" for it? Did they think people would be offended by the line "Drugs, give me drugs!"

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Probably a lot cheaper to use just the censored version of the song for both than license the censored one for the green-band trailer, and the uncensored one for the red-band trailer.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Some unused Dark Knight Rises posters were released.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

all terrible and lazy just like the marketing campaign

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Vagabundo posted:

I don't like how the title is RISE but the action in this scene is clearly a rush of horizontal. It's like the Road Runner just blew past him.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!

Lobok posted:

I don't like how the title is RISE but the action in this scene is clearly a rush of horizontal. It's like the Road Runner just blew past him.
The title was dumb, it was dumb when they kept referencing it in the movie ("I have to RISE out of this improbable prison," Batman said.), and I'm glad there weren't a billion crappy vertigo-effect posters telling moviegoers to "rise".

But yeah Batman swoops down from the shadows all the time, kinda weird that they didn't work it into the marketing. Like that cool Amazing Spider-Man poster with the spider-shadow.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Vagabundo posted:

Urgh.

That last one the worst. First I thought it was to do with the Scarecrow (with "FEAR"), and then it twigged that it's a very bad version of the tubes in Bane's mask. That sort of minimalist approach worked with the Joker, but it's not gonna work with the less familiar Bane.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Pesky Splinter posted:

Urgh.

That last one the worst. First I thought it was to do with the Scarecrow (with "FEAR"), and then it twigged that it's a very bad version of the tubes in Bane's mask. That sort of minimalist approach worked with the Joker, but it's not gonna work with the less familiar Bane.

Oh that's what it's supposed to be. Yeah the mask design that was created specifically for the movie is not nearly recognizable enough for that to work.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

casa de mi padre posted:

The title was dumb, it was dumb when they kept referencing it in the movie ("I have to RISE out of this improbable prison," Batman said.), and I'm glad there weren't a billion crappy vertigo-effect posters telling moviegoers to "rise".

But yeah Batman swoops down from the shadows all the time, kinda weird that they didn't work it into the marketing. Like that cool Amazing Spider-Man poster with the spider-shadow.

"You know, putting my sandwich inside a wrap was a great idea! Just like making that Amazing Spider-Man movie!"

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Man, I could really go for some RICE all of a sudden.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
My eyes can't focus on a drat thing in that poster. And for how "big" it's supposed to be everything just looks so drat flat.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!
The backstory to the Oz books is sort of interesting. The Wizard tricks the natives into thinking he's a god, gets rid of the rightful princess by selling her to a witch, and is generally a dick. It's a shame the movie won't have any of that.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Mister Chief posted:

See also: Blow Up, an Antonioni film that shares the same plot, only it's a photographer instead of a sound guy. For my money, it's a far better movie that opts to use the thriller genre as a jumping-off point for an exploration of 60s culture and exploitation. And the poster, although boring, sums up its themes pretty explicitly:

f#a# fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 14, 2012

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

f#a# posted:

See also: Blow Up, an Antonioni film that shares the same plot, only it's a photographer instead of a sound guy. For my money, it's a far better movie that opts to use the thriller genre as a jumping-off point for an exploration of 60s culture and exploitation. And the poster, although boring, sums up its themes pretty explicitly:

I'm immediately intrigued by this movie because of the poster, I guess boring didn't matter.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

Robert Denby posted:

Attack of the Plastic People!

Nobody mentioned this but it's one of the first things I noticed:

Alden EHRENREICH Alice ENGLERT Jeremy IRONS Viola DAVIS Emmy ROSSUM Thomas Mann AND Emma THOMPSON

Poor Thomas Mann. Your last name just wasn't fit to be capitalised.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Haha yeah that was a gently caress up and is currently being swapped out. Your eye is better than our finishers'.

Rogue1-and-a-half
Mar 7, 2011

Ez posted:

Oh that's what it's supposed to be. Yeah the mask design that was created specifically for the movie is not nearly recognizable enough for that to work.

Yeah, I didn't know what it was either. It looks more like Venom's teeth than Bane's mask.

DKWildz
Jan 7, 2002
Mondo tomorrow

Tyler Stout - Reservoir Dogs

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Wicked Witch's pose really reminds me of Black Widow posing for the Avengers. Someone's gotta be showing T&A.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Sami Raimi sure does love evil trees with faces. Oz was the perfect place for him.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lobok posted:

The Wicked Witch's pose really reminds me of Black Widow posing for the Avengers. Someone's gotta be showing T&A.
But she's viewed in silhouette from the side and she's gaunt as hell, you can see neither T nor A.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

click > big

Original art for the giant killer hog movie, Razorback :o: Do love those old painted artworks.

The whole thing is up on YT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THUCokrnvOA

We should have a thread with full youtubed films, and why you should spend time watching them (or not) :)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

^^Can't mention Razorback without mentioning... Razorback!

scary ghost dog posted:

But she's viewed in silhouette from the side and she's gaunt as hell, you can see neither T nor A.

Silhouette? I can see the sheen on her leather.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

DKWildz posted:

Mondo tomorrow

Tyler Stout - Reservoir Dogs

Oh my...

What time is it going on sale? Not that I have any chance in hell of actually being able to purchase it since these things sell out ridiculously fast, but I'd like to know the exact moment that I'll be facing my disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DKWildz
Jan 7, 2002

ruddiger posted:

Oh my...

What time is it going on sale? Not that I have any chance in hell of actually being able to purchase it since these things sell out ridiculously fast, but I'd like to know the exact moment that I'll be facing my disappointment.

Unfortunately it's always undisclosed time .. but generally it happens around 8-10am CST