Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008
Does anyone have a spare law and order at level 50? I turned in the missions on Tvhm and can't get them again

Ps3 : abaddonis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Arrath posted:

PC got a patch today http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22126761-pc-update-information

The Bee is nerfed and Flesh stick leveling fixed.

Get your power leveling in while you can, I imagine a similar patch is working its way through microsoft certification.
Also worth pointing out:

quote:

Increased the health of Terramorphous, Willhelm, and Blue
If you guys want your achievement for beating Terra, I'd get it done quick.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

Also worth pointing out:

If you guys want your achievement for beating Terra, I'd get it done quick.

It is also worth noting that they didn't fix the treasure room glitch.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
On the PS3, at least, you can refuse any game update and still play the game in offline mode. I imagine the 360's the same way. I'll just refuse this update and not play online until I've gotten all the weapons/killed all the bosses I need.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Thank gently caress for that since grinding the same motherfucker for a legendary gets old fast.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

abaddonis posted:

Actually yeah this is the best thing. Maybe they'll keep it like the armory glitch?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kifisonfire posted:

Actually yeah this is the best thing. Maybe they'll keep it like the armory glitch?

Or, because it's based on scripted geometry like the Armory glitch, there's actually nothing they can do about it. :haw:

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm actually kind of intrigued to see how shield priorities shift now that the Bee is getting nerfed as soon as the patch gets approved for consoles. Maybe shields will be used more as a defensive item than a damage booster.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Dewgy posted:

Or, because it's based on scripted geometry like the Armory glitch, there's actually nothing they can do about it. :haw:

I guess that is probably the case

On another note, I made my game open to pubs, and I've pulled in an orange almost every stop I've made to the treasure room. Maybe it's a good run, maybe I've prayed to the correct deity, or maybe that has something to do with it?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

abaddonis posted:

I guess that is probably the case

On another note, I made my game open to pubs, and I've pulled in an orange almost every stop I've made to the treasure room. Maybe it's a good run, maybe I've prayed to the correct deity, or maybe that has something to do with it?

What, that player count has an effect on loot drops? That's what the loading screen tips say, anyway.

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
empty

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 19, 2014

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I seem to have a problem with one of my character's TVHM Pirate's Booty playthrough (Xbox 360 version).

On my Assassin, I started the DLC after beating the main game in TVHM. In Oasis, all enemies and quests were scaled to level 50.

On my Mechromancer, I did exactly the same thing. However, while all the enemies are around level 50, the quests are showing level 40 (with corresponding rewards).

Anyone know what happened here? I am 100% sure that I never entered Oasis in my Mechromancer's TVHM playthrough, and it triggered the opening cutscene when I went there after beating TVHM.

It's going to suck if the quests are scaled to 40, since some of those rewards are pretty good. It will especially suck if the chests in the treasure room are scaled down to 40.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
My Siren's having the same issue. Quests are in the 40's with enemies at 50. Haven't played much of the DLC on TVHM so I can't report on how the rewards are handled.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama
It sounds like this patch takes the least fun part of the game, endgame grinding for gear, and makes it even less fun. Okay, I can live with that, because it will encourage me to move on to another game rather than slog through killing Doc Mercy another 200 times.

kalamaf
Mar 1, 2007

Smokey posted:

Thanks buddy my gt is guypersonthing. my mic is broken now due to it being stepped on by me a lot so i can't talk but i'll see what i have to give back.

I've got some oranges I can dump on the ground for ya if you're on now. All I need is to let my level 14 assassin follow you around a bit for some quick exp if you don't mind, trying to get him to 31 for the 10 second deception achievement and after playing a zerker since launch, I do not like this guy.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Draile posted:

It sounds like this patch takes the least fun part of the game, endgame grinding for gear, and makes it even less fun. Okay, I can live with that, because it will encourage me to move on to another game rather than slog through killing Doc Mercy another 200 times.
I understand it from a certain perspective. There's an entire game to play and if people are just going to use the win combo then what's the point in even farming legendaries? Plus with future DLC it means people might actually have to put effort into beating them instead of holding the right trigger with a Bee shield equipped.

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
empty

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

kalamaf posted:

I've got some oranges I can dump on the ground for ya if you're on now. All I need is to let my level 14 assassin follow you around a bit for some quick exp if you don't mind, trying to get him to 31 for the 10 second deception achievement and after playing a zerker since launch, I do not like this guy.

Run kunai and +5 unforeseen (more if you can get a class mod) you'll start liking him.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

kalamaf posted:

You can cheese that achievement by activating it and getting into the back seat of the bandit car and pressing A to switch seats over and over. Don't need a full tree at all, just level 5 to get the skill.

kalamaf
Mar 1, 2007

Kifisonfire posted:

You can cheese that achievement by activating it and getting into the back seat of the bandit car and pressing A to switch seats over and over. Don't need a full tree at all, just level 5 to get the skill.

Sweet! I'm gonna go do that right now, thanks!

edit: that didn't work, it counts down the time normal and fades out. back to the grind for me.

My last achievement is all sidequests in the DLC, anyone want to do Hyperious and Master Gee?

kalamaf fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 14, 2012

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

I understand it from a certain perspective. There's an entire game to play and if people are just going to use the win combo then what's the point in even farming legendaries? Plus with future DLC it means people might actually have to put effort into beating them instead of holding the right trigger with a Bee shield equipped.

That might depend on how much they actually nerf the amp damage. Even going from 50k per shot to 25k per shot will be enough to grind through bosses fairly easily. Fixing the pellet damage will only shift the balance of power to fast accurate SMGs. I'm also curious to see if they fix the babymaker/bee combo (which might be in the misc balance tweaks)

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.

Smokey posted:

I think i have to run out for a bit but i should be on in like an hour if you're still around then.

Thanks again to spamhead & sorry about throwing a punch at you

Hahahahahaha, it's all good. You dropped some nice stuff for me, so you can feel free to throw punches at me :).

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

kalamaf posted:

edit: that didn't work, it counts down the time normal and fades out. back to the grind for me.

My last achievement is all sidequests in the DLC, anyone want to do Hyperious and Master Gee?

If I knew the strategies for them, I'd be willing. As it is, I'd have to pass.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

kalamaf posted:

It does work, it's just a little temperamental. I know because I did it with a level 5 Zer0. The best way I found to do it was to press A to switch seats just as it switches back to first person, so it doesn't have time to change. It's a little annoying, but 10 minutes of that is better than hours grinding to level 30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yob20mKu9eg

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kifisonfire posted:

It does work, it's just a little temperamental. I know because I did it with a level 5 Zer0. The best way I found to do it was to press A to switch seats just as it switches back to first person, so it doesn't have time to change. It's a little annoying, but 10 minutes of that is better than hours grinding to level 30.

Ha, just got in on PC. Thanks for the tip!

kalamaf
Mar 1, 2007

Kifisonfire posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yob20mKu9eg

Temperamental is right, but after about 15 tries I finally got it, thanks again!

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

And post one, I shall.

Loot here! Getchya loot here!

Lemme know how it works, or if you need any clarification.

Edit: Bahahahah, looks like I pissed someone off again! Angry people sure do have ten bucks!
<------

I just got to watching this video on an actual PC and there is an easier way to do this.

Once you make your left turn at the top of the first rock and you hit the invisible wall under. Continue facing the lower point, hold Up+Leftm and jump. At the peak of your jump, crouch and continue to hold up+left. Once you get the elevator glitch, just jump and proceed normally. It sounds more complicated, but it requires less "look at this point exactly, then do it again on another obscure and difficult to see point."

Edit: And a huge thanks to the goon who gave me the Law and Order. I had them at level 40 and it is a huge difference between 10 levels.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

abaddonis posted:

I just got to watching this video on an actual PC and there is an easier way to do this.

Once you make your left turn at the top of the first rock and you hit the invisible wall under. Continue facing the lower point, hold Up+Leftm and jump. At the peak of your jump, crouch and continue to hold up+left. Once you get the elevator glitch, just jump and proceed normally. It sounds more complicated, but it requires less "look at this point exactly, then do it again on another obscure and difficult to see point."
Yep, that was the method I originally used, but the one I made the video for has (so far, for me) been almost 100% reliable, only screwing up when the wall doesn't spawn.

The method you mention can lead to the frustrating jumping over and over while asking "why isn't this poo poo working?" if your timing on jump/crouch is off or if you're not exactly in the right place. Also if you hold the elevator too long, you can end up going over/through the invisible barrier which causes that wall to despawn for whatever reason, and you'll no longer be able to perform the glitch without a save/quit/reload, just like if the wall didn't spawn as normal.

The method I cobbled together from testing out other tutorials/comments on videos/whatever doesn't involve any tricky jumping and has some pretty standout landmarks. The only one that's somewhat obscure is the triangle rock grouping and I feel I gave a solid reference point in the three easy-to-see landmarks below it. Most of the landmarks are general suggestions as well, just easy points of reference to make sure you're facing the right way. You've got some leeway as to where exactly you aim; I was just trying to be super precise since it's a tutorial and all. :)

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 14, 2012

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Figures that this is the day I farm a Bee for myself. Also got a couple of Cradles from Henry while trying to get him to drop heads for me - he dropped no heads. :(

I will be on most of the day tomorrow if anybody has some heads or whatever to trade, I have a 50 Law, Order, Bee, Cradle, Skullmasher, Flakker, and Badaboom so far. GT is MY BROS HOT DAD. Also wouldn't mind trading some powerleveling.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

abaddonis posted:

Or the Evil Smasher glitch. Seriously, if you're bummed out about the Bee nerfs, just use that. You don't even need the Bee.

stormrider
Sep 18, 2003

Absolut Awful
Anyone grinding out some flesh stick tonight?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

The Rokstar posted:

Or the Evil Smasher glitch. Seriously, if you're bummed out about the Bee nerfs, just use that. You don't even need the Bee.
I've read a few posts on how to do this, but I've never gotten it to work. Is there some trick to it?

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

WhiteHowler posted:

I've read a few posts on how to do this, but I've never gotten it to work. Is there some trick to it?
All you have to do is keep attempting to reload the ES until you see the explosion effect, then once the gun finishes reloading just switch to another gun. All the bonuses from the ES charge will apply to your other guns also until either you reload one of those guns or you switch back to the ES. You see the explosion immediately, so if you don't see it as soon as you start to reload switch away from the ES and back again really fast and try again.

e: There's also apparently a way you can make the ES charge effect trigger on any of your guns even after unequipping it but it requires a bunch of specifically timed stuff and I haven't played with it that much. I think it's called the "KSS glitch" if you want to look it up.

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Nov 14, 2012

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
empty

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Can anyone help me kill Terramorphus and add me as a PSN friend? I need the "Revive someone on your friendslist" trophy but I do not have any PS3 friends with BL2, and I'm still too undergeared to get Terramorphus below 60% HP.

edit; Thanks Marogareh for putting up with my inability to be good at this game and helping me kill some Terramorphuses. :tipshat:

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 14, 2012

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

So I guess if they are fixing the flesh stick boosting I'm going to ask if anyone wants to help boost my siren and commando? Would like to get them to 50 just so I can play around with the skills. I have legendaries to dupe if that's what you need.

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000
Randy Pitchford is sorry for calling everyone e-terrorists (not really)

WinPC: CT5J3-BF5HZ-633JB-T33TJ-XSKZF
PS3: WTK3B-WTZ9B-69BCJ-STKTT-BZCX5
X360: WTK3B-WTZ5F-36FBR-KXJTT-BZC6J

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
How does the process of duping go? Please explain as if you're speaking to a brain-damaged chimpanzee. I have 2 grenade mods Corrosive Nasty Surprise and Rolling Thunder), 2 zerker Terramorphous class mods, a Bee and a CC to share. GT on 360 is Nomnom1975

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

brickswereshat posted:

How does the process of duping go? Please explain as if you're speaking to a brain-damaged chimpanzee. I have 2 grenade mods Corrosive Nasty Surprise and Rolling Thunder), 2 zerker Terramorphous class mods, a Bee and a CC to share. GT on 360 is Nomnom1975
Get in a game with someone, throw the weapon you want to dupe on the ground, make sure the other person doesn't do anything to make your game save, then exit to the dashboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

brickswereshat posted:

That Rolling Thunder grenade mod is nice. A friend got one at a lower level and it was a huge help in the Creature Slaughter Dome on normal.

Anyhow, I have a Baby Maker, Maggie, Impaler shield, Hide of Terra shield, Bonus Package grenade mod, Fire Bee grenade mod, and/or a Siren Terra mod I'd be willing to offer in exchange for the aforementioned Rolling Thunder (because gently caress stalkers). Give it a thought and if I happen to catch you online we can work out specifics. I have other items but those are the ones I know off the top of my head.

• Locked thread