Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Shows the contrast a bit better:

And rural/urban.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Time for some Communism!

Blackajack
Aug 5, 2012

Ottakringer Helles

Probably the biggest reason why Obama won, and why the GOP will slowly die if it continues as is.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Spretznaz posted:

Probably the biggest reason why Obama won, and why the GOP will slowly die if it continues as is.

Women's suffrage was probably also a factor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmDg9t5M5dI

Sair
May 11, 2007

Noreaus posted:

What? I don't understand this image at all. Can you explain?

Basically, Border Patrol has authority anywhere within 100 miles of the border. Here's some old article about it: http://www.aclu.org/technology-and-liberty/fact-sheet-us-constitution-free-zone

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

i poo poo trains posted:

The only picture you need to remember Petraeus by

Journalism!

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

ekuNNN posted:

From a while back, but I liked this post a lot. some really cool conceptual art there :allears:
Thanks! I might dig around and see if I've got any good pictures from previous years.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Map of what the Lower 48 United States congressional districts would look like if the whole landmass were divided by the shortest splitline algorithm, a method suggested to divide congressional districts in a politically neutral manner.

Imgur makes it look like poo poo, so the original can be found here.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDBOVrGG3ug

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"I'm proud of you too, enormous potato!"

"Donate - NSDAP book collection for our armed forces"

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

More good news from Weimar Greece.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Saint Olga is the best saint. She was one of the first people of Rus' to be proclaimed a saint, and she was the first Rus' ruler to convert to Christianity. She ruled Kievan Rus from 945-963 and she would also not hesitate to gently caress your poo poo up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olga_of_Kiev

quote:

The Drevlians sent twenty of their best men to convince Olga to marry their Prince Mal and give up her rule of Kievan Rus. She had them buried alive. Then she sent word to Prince Mal that she accepted the proposal, but required their most distinguished men to accompany her on the journey in order for her people to accept the offer of marriage. The Drevlians sent their best men who governed their land. Upon their arrival, she offered them a warm welcome and an invitation to clean up after their long journey in a bathhouse. After they entered, she locked the doors and set fire to the building, burning them alive.

With the best and wisest men out of the way, she planned to destroy the remaining Drevlians. She invited them to a funeral feast so she could mourn over her husband's grave, where her servants waited on them. After the Drevlians were drunk, Olga's soldiers killed over 5,000 of them. She returned to Kiev and prepared an army to attack the survivors. The Drevlians begged for mercy and offered to pay for their freedom with honey and furs. She asked for three pigeons and three sparrows from each house, since she did not want to burden the villagers any further after the siege. They were happy to comply with such a reasonable request.

Now Olga gave to each soldier in her army a pigeon or a sparrow, and ordered them to attach by thread to each pigeon and sparrow a piece of sulfur bound with small pieces of cloth. When night fell, Olga bade her soldiers release the pigeons and the sparrows. So the birds flew to their nests, the pigeons to the cotes, and the sparrows under the eaves. The dove-cotes, the coops, the porches, and the haymows were set on fire. There was not a house that was not consumed, and it was impossible to extinguish the flames, because all the houses caught on fire at once. The people fled from the city, and Olga ordered her soldiers to catch them. Thus she took the city and burned it, and captured the elders of the city. Some of the other captives she killed, while some she gave to others as slaves to her followers. The remnant she left to pay tribute.
:drat:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Omi-Polari posted:

Shows the contrast a bit better:

And rural/urban.

The arc going through Mississippi to South Carolina, as well as Western Mississippi, is a Cretaceous-era coastline that left the region with soil very favourable to cotton production. So slaveowners would produce cotton there, and the descendants of those slaves continue to live in those areas.

1988 election.

Oh, and the easiest way to debunk the "Party of Lincoln" myth, this is the 1956 (Eisenhower landslide) and 1964 (Johnson landslide, just after the Civil Rights Act passed):

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TinTower posted:

The arc going through Mississippi to South Carolina, as well as Western Mississippi, is a Cretaceous-era coastline that left the region with soil very favourable to cotton production. So slaveowners would produce cotton there, and the descendants of those slaves continue to live in those areas.

1988 election.

Oh, and the easiest way to debunk the "Party of Lincoln" myth, this is the 1956 (Eisenhower landslide) and 1964 (Johnson landslide, just after the Civil Rights Act passed):

Wow I had no idea it happened so fast. Those 8 years must have been loving crazy.

zoux fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Nov 14, 2012

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVznerpOkTI

content

alcyon
Mar 9, 2010

One of my sad guilty pleasures, I always try and take a snapshot if I spot them. (Tags on non-permanent bits of urban scenery by Laser 3.14.)

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Showed up on Facebook, kinda surprised a bunch of girls I knew in high school think this is great.

Last I checked being paranoid about your girlfriend having other guy friends wasn't attractive.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

alcyon posted:

One of my sad guilty pleasures, I always try and take a snapshot if I spot them. (Tags on non-permanent bits of urban scenery by Laser 3.14.)

Nothing sad about that, Laser 3.14 is a national treasure :geert:

pictures:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
What about cats?

Family tree of the Ptolemies.

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

cheerfullydrab posted:

What about cats?

Family tree of the Ptolemies.

lol @ PVII & CIII and then @ PXII and CV

content:

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention
It's going to be interesting to see how this will change in 10 or even 5 years:

http://colorlines.com/archives/2012/11/infographic_how_white_is_the_new_fall_2012_tv_season.html

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Strong Female posted:

http://colorlines.com/archives/2012/11/infographic_how_white_is_the_new_fall_2012_tv_season.html

Grey's Anatomy is awful on other sorts of diversity; this is the series that gave us the immortal quote "you can't be "sort-of" a lesbian!"

Kyrsten Sinema, first openly bisexual Representative, elected as a Democrat to represent the Arizona 9th.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Strong Female posted:

Smackdown was on the CW network and there's hella racial diversity in wrestling. Racial sensitivity not so much, but still.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 14, 2012

Thewittyname
May 9, 2010

It's time to...
PRESS! YOUR! LUCK!
^^^Wrestling should definitely count, as it is scripted.

TinTower posted:

Kyrsten Sinema, first openly bisexual Representative, elected as a Democrat to represent the Arizona 9th.

Mary Gonzalez, the first openly pansexual elected U.S. official, is a member of the Texas state House of Representatives.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Yellow Rhymer
Jun 17, 2003
After Israel started bombing Gaza today, this was posted on facebook:

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Another fine work by Jon McNaughton. I particularly like the soldier grimacing as he eats the gay wedding cake.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

A fine patriot that saw the error of his ways when he was ill served by the rebels. :britain:

Read a fine post about how it will be great this gets passed btw, so that it's over and done with and that their supreme court would just strike it down anyway. Incredibly lovely all the same.

Yellow Rhymer posted:

After Israel started bombing Gaza today, this was posted on facebook:

Aaaaaannnddddd?

Yellow Rhymer
Jun 17, 2003

Deceitful Penguin posted:

A fine patriot that saw the error of his ways when he was ill served by the rebels. :britain:

Read a fine post about how it will be great this gets passed btw, so that it's over and done with and that their supreme court would just strike it down anyway. Incredibly lovely all the same.
Aaaaaannnddddd?

Aaaaand more people are going to die? What are you asking?

I don't always attack in Gaza

But when I do, it's before an election.

VVVVV What he said. Sorry, I didn't realize you missed the fact it was Shalit. The car on fire belonged to the head of the Hamas Military branch, who is dead now.

Yellow Rhymer fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 14, 2012

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

The guy in the first few panels is Gilad Shalit, the IDF soldier that was kidnapped by Hamas and who was released last year. I'm sure you heard about him. The image is basically some (probably) Israeli fuckers saying that killing seven people, including two children is fine because REVENGE FOR GILAD SHALIT

related:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

R. Mute posted:

The guy in the first few panels is Gilad Shalit, the IDF soldier that was kidnapped by Hamas and who was released last year. I'm sure you heard about him. The image is basically some (probably) Israeli fuckers saying that killing seven people, including two children is fine because REVENGE FOR GILAD SHALIT

Also apparently Israel still thinks Chuck Norris jokes are funny by the looks of the fourth panel.

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
Barcelona today.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Map of the locations of people who signed whitehouse.gov secession petitions.

http://www.unc.edu/~ncaren/secessionists/

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

IHatePugs posted:

Barcelona today.

So, graffiti and a crowd near a bus huh.

I was looking for books on political philosophy and in a search for juche turned up this which is a real thing:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IHatePugs posted:

Barcelona today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75QsP-UNgJU

Lisbon today, look how those extremely violent unarmed protesters tried to murder poor robocops who where only doing their job!

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Still can't get over the fact that a literal war criminal is selling their game (and has his own TV show).

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Fluoride Jones posted:

Still can't get over the fact that a literal war criminal is selling their game (and has his own TV show).

I remember thinking at the time he was being a good General puppet and falling on his own sword in order to protect Reagan. I always assumed he would be a "made man" afterwards and it looks like I was right.

Yeah, All-American Heroes are criminals, I guess.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Mans posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75QsP-UNgJU

Lisbon today, look how those extremely violent unarmed protesters tried to murder poor robocops who where only doing their job!

Throwing rocks at people is an acceptable way to solve problems - Homo Erectus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Fluoride Jones posted:

You ever play those games? Literal war crimes are pretty much all you do outside of condoned ethnic cleansing.

• Locked thread