Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.

The Rokstar posted:

Get in a game with someone, throw the weapon you want to dupe on the ground, make sure the other person doesn't do anything to make your game save, then exit to the dashboard.

As in the xbox dashboard, not save and quit, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

brickswereshat posted:

As in the xbox dashboard, not save and quit, correct?

Correct. Saving is bad.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

So that code someone posted on the last page gave my friend 11 keys when he entered it....

I only got 3 :(

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Digital_Jesus posted:

So that code someone posted on the last page gave my friend 11 keys when he entered it....

I only got 3 :(
Really? All of the codes I've ever entered (including this one) have only given me one key each.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

The Rokstar posted:

Really? All of the codes I've ever entered (including this one) have only given me one key each.

Same.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
I got 1 key, like always?

Ok so I don't really know much about endgame stuff as I'm only level 14, but is the general consensus to avoid as many side-quests a possible until I reach the third playthrough?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Facebook codes:

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 5JWTJ-JCSSC-6S6TX-5RBTJ-9RZBJ
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: 5BWJB-W5F5J-JKKWT-9JWJT-KCZ99

8 min. ago.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

MZ posted:

I got 1 key, like always?

Ok so I don't really know much about endgame stuff as I'm only level 14, but is the general consensus to avoid as many side-quests a possible until I reach the third playthrough?

Do all sidequests in the first playthrough, kill the final boss and start playthrough 2. Do not start any sidequests in playthrough 2 before killing the final boss again.

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

CG: Boggle vacantly at these shenanigans.

MZ posted:

You can safely take as many sidequests as you want during your first playthrough. After you beat the final boss and unlock True Vault Hunter Mode, your sidequest progress is wiped clean and you can do them all again. If you want rewards to scale, don't take any sidequests with rewards like guns, shields, relics, things like that until you beat the final boss again. (Things like customization skins, Eridium, money, and XP don't scale as far as I know and should be okay to take whenever.)

I'm only level 37 but I think this is how it works. Somebody who's actually gotten to playthrough 2.5 might have to set me straight.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Got it, thanks.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

GammaShade is correct.

I also got 1 key from those codes.

Got tired of farming Henry after zero head drops and like 5 Cradles, so I decided to go do some challenges and work towards that achievement - managed to get a Transformer while killing Pimon and Tuumba. :)

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry for dropping the boosting before you hit 50, Stormrider. I had just gotten done boosting my brother 50 and I got a portfolio to put together now that that's out of the way.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
The codes on the previous page (pg. 27) are still good on the 360 as of about 2 minutes ago.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I think one of the Shift codes gave me more than one Golden Key. Whatever. If anyone's on Xbox and wouldn't mind Fleshsticking me to victory, my GT is Rudoku.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

I'm on now, anyone up for some dupe swapping? I'm on as Nomnom1975 on the 360. I have a bee, a CC, a couple grenade mods, a couple terramorphous gunzerker mods and a legendary mech mod.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

So.... TVHM Bloodwing!

Ouch.

How exactly does one avoid the claws, much like Mordecai continually shouts for you to do? I can do plenty of damage and evade everything else, but the dive-bombs are pretty quick to wreck my business.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

strangemusic posted:

So.... TVHM Bloodwing!

Ouch.

How exactly does one avoid the claws, much like Mordecai continually shouts for you to do? I can do plenty of damage and evade everything else, but the dive-bombs are pretty quick to wreck my business.

Need a hand? (and are on the 360...) I'm on and can drop him fairly quickly with you.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
How do I get into the creature slaughter dome? I've got the preorder, since I'm playing my mecromancer, but I don't have a quest to get in there. I also read on the BL wiki that I need a key or something, but I dunno how accurate that is.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Vicissitude posted:

How do I get into the creature slaughter dome? I've got the preorder, since I'm playing my mecromancer, but I don't have a quest to get in there. I also read on the BL wiki that I need a key or something, but I dunno how accurate that is.

It's in the Natural Selection Preserve or whatever that area is called. All the arena's don't have quest's associated to them unless you've been to one.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

brickswereshat posted:

Need a hand? (and are on the 360...) I'm on and can drop him fairly quickly with you.

GT is strangemobius, I'll hop on.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Hey does someone want to help me kill normal mode Terra before they nerf your Bee into uselssness? :shobon: I'm not even level 50 yet but I really just want to clear up that quest in normal mode so I can focus entirely on TVHM.

360 GT: Zikans

Edit: Thanks Shadowedflames!

Zikan fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 15, 2012

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Fibby Boy posted:

It's in the Natural Selection Preserve or whatever that area is called. All the arena's don't have quest's associated to them unless you've been to one.

Okay, that threw me a little since the bandit arena showed up as (undiscovered) in The Fridge even though I never went into it. I'll run through the preserve again and see what happens.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

strangemusic posted:

I could do the same; GT ShadowedFlames.

Bricks, did everything drop properly on your end?

stormrider
Sep 18, 2003

Absolut Awful

Speedboat Jones posted:

Sorry for dropping the boosting before you hit 50, Stormrider. I had just gotten done boosting my brother 50 and I got a portfolio to put together now that that's out of the way.

No worries! Was happy to eek out a few levels!

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

strangemusic posted:

Invite sent, Nomnom1975. Sorry it took so long, ShadowedFlames just puked 100,000,000 oranges all over me. Like a Hot Carl but with guns.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

ShadowedFlames posted:

I could do the same; GT ShadowedFlames.

Bricks, did everything drop properly on your end?

Sure did! See the previous post describing the Legendary Firearm Facial I just got...

EDIT: Thank you so much!

drill press corps fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 15, 2012

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama
Why did all my skill points reset for no reason? On the 360. Related to a shift code maybe?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

brickswereshat posted:

Sure did! See the previous post describing the Legendary Firearm Facial I just got...

Well, wasn't sure what you wanted so I figured I'd drop everything.

Got a couple of things back before the game we were in was ended; the Rolling Thunder was the one thing I was looking for. Thank you. :)

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Vicissitude posted:

It's in the Wildlife Preserve. Once you get in the building after Timon and Pumbaa, turn to your right to find 2 vending machines and a new entrance.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

IF anyone's up for a little bit of Fleshstick boostage, I'd appreciate an add. Getting kind of crushed in the run up to BNK3R and really just want to hit the cap. GT = strangemobius.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Kifisonfire posted:

It's in the Wildlife Preserve. Once you get in the building after Timon and Pumbaa, turn to your right to find 2 vending machines and a new entrance.
It's also a Gamestop exclusive IIRC.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The Rokstar posted:

Correct, though if you know someone that has it, they can let you in.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I had stopped playing BL2 for a while in favor of Resident Evil and Halo, is there any word on when the next DLC is expected to drop yet?

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

RBA Starblade posted:

I had stopped playing BL2 for a while in favor of Resident Evil and Halo, is there any word on when the next DLC is expected to drop yet?

On Twitter Randy said there will be an announcement within the next few days. They also just patched in a bunch of new assets on the PC so it should be very soon.

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000

strangemusic posted:

IF anyone's up for a little bit of Fleshstick boostage, I'd appreciate an add. Getting kind of crushed in the run up to BNK3R and really just want to hit the cap. GT = strangemobius.

That constructor is a bitch when underleveled. My advice is after clearing up to the constructor run all the way back to the vending machine and load up on rockets & nades. If playing co-op have someone stay in the area so it doesn't de-spawn and heal.

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

If anyone has an available slot in a boosting session on ps3, I'd like to take advantage of it. I have nothing to offer in return but e-gratitude (which is better than regular gratitude, because it's electronic). PSN: CorvidBehaviour

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The Rokstar posted:

The reward isn't that good anyway. It's good in FFYL I suppose, but that's it.

By the way if you want to see the heads you'll get from beating the Torque DLC, they've already leaked. With these and the Motorhead achievement being part of it, I'm hoping we get motorbikes.

Axton - Chopper Topper
Salvador - Nutz And Boltz
Zer0 - d00med
Maya - Pretty In Punk
Gaige - Grease Monkey

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
drat those heads look amazing and I'll probably stay in that dlc area forever if we do get bikes.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Chopper Topper is goddamn amazing :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Kifisonfire posted:

The reward isn't that good anyway. It's good in FFYL I suppose, but that's it.

By the way if you want to see the heads you'll get from beating the Torque DLC, they've already leaked. With these and the Motorhead achievement being part of it, I'm hoping we get motorbikes.

Axton - Chopper Topper
Salvador - Nutz And Boltz
Zer0 - d00med
Maya - Pretty In Punk
Gaige - Grease Monkey

Like Gaige needs any other heads when she has :getin:

• Locked thread