Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

DEVILDOGOOORAH posted:

Well, we'd better mark them up to $100 then

Edit: I know it sounds like I'm exaggerating a bunch, because the 3rd Party prices aren't terrible, but one vendor has it at $9,999 :shrug:

Most of them just do stupid poo poo like that automatically.

Anyone know if we are ever getting a reprint of The Incal? Was just reminded that I don't own it in the Indie thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.
Humanoids did two print runs of it already. Is the second already sold out? I swear it was just done just a few months ago.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Adam Strange posted:

Humanoids did two print runs of it already. Is the second already sold out? I swear it was just done just a few months ago.

Not seeing it on Amazon for MSRP.

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

bairfanx posted:

Not seeing it on Amazon for MSRP.

Sorry about that. I see a listing on ebay for MSRP if you're into that. Otherwise I think you're out of luck unless you can find it in a local shop or Humanoids decides to go for another run.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.
According to the Humanoid website a limited edition oversized hardcover is being released in January, but it only collects the first volume of the story. The last reprinting of the entire thing was May 2012.

Also looks like The Technopriests is being rereleased as an omnnibus, I'll have to check that out.

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

Wow, that thing is 48 pages for 80 bux. 12 x 16 but drat, that's even more expensive than that Eyes of the Cat hardcover. At least the Incal book is in colour, I guess.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Rhyno can we get some shots of the AvX HC? What is in it? 0-12? A versus X?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I got mine in the mail from Amazon yesterday. 0-12, Versus 1-6. It also has a code for the digital copies of all of those books.

I have no idea if anything is wrong with the book itself, I just used the code and read the issues on my computer. One of the corners was slightly bumped in shipping.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Internet Wizard posted:

I got mine in the mail from Amazon yesterday. 0-12, Versus 1-6. It also has a code for the digital copies of all of those books.

I have no idea if anything is wrong with the book itself, I just used the code and read the issues on my computer. One of the corners was slightly bumped in shipping.

I got my copy about a week ago and it seems fine... couldn't find any damage to it, but I haven't read it through yet.

Edit: a quick scan through the Amazon reviews shows someone complaining about a glued binding and someone complaining about not getting a digital redemption code with it. I didn't pay too much attention to the binding but I got my code and redeemed it.

Casyl fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Nov 15, 2012

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Marvel February 2013 stuff is up. Looks like we get a New Warriors Omnibus and sadly, Hawkeye's going straight to trade, no hardcover in-between.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

OGB posted:

Marvel February 2013 stuff is up. Looks like we get a New Warriors Omnibus and sadly, Hawkeye's going straight to trade, no hardcover in-between.

Sadly? You wanted another of their premiere hardcovers?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

bairfanx posted:

Sadly? You wanted another of their premiere hardcovers?

While ultimately I prefer a nice large hardback, having the trades released in hardback first at least lent a level of consistency. Maybe it's OCD.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

OGB posted:

While ultimately I prefer a nice large hardback, having the trades released in hardback first at least lent a level of consistency. Maybe it's OCD.

I guess? I've grown to loathe Marvel's love of $20 4-issue hardcovers.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

bairfanx posted:

Yeah, even as someone who hates paperbacks, I'd never spend money on the small hardcovers over, say, digital copies. Gimme at least 200 pages.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bairfanx posted:

Those are terrible. :hfive:

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I got my AvsX from Amazon a few days ago and it seems fine to me. No damage either.

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex

Lord Krangdar posted:

According to the Humanoid website a limited edition oversized hardcover is being released in January, but it only collects the first volume of the story. The last reprinting of the entire thing was May 2012.

Also looks like The Technopriests is being rereleased as an omnnibus, I'll have to check that out.

To be honest, the OOP HC of The Incal is too small to do justice to Moebius' art. Plus it seems like it was lettered at a higher res then shrunk, the lettering is microscopic. An oversized version would be much more readable.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I hope this X-Statix is good!

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

obi_ant posted:

I hope this X-Statix is good!

X-Statix is awesome. One of my favorite Marvel series. Does the Omnibus include the X-Force issues?

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

Brocktoon posted:

X-Statix is awesome. One of my favorite Marvel series. Does the Omnibus include the X-Force issues?

It has EVERYTHING.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Brocktoon posted:

Yep. X-Force, X-Statix, Wolverine & Doop, Dead Girl, and a couple other random issues featuring the characters.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Just ignore the Brotherhood issues. Holy poo poo were they bad

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

bobkatt013 posted:

Just ignore the Brotherhood issues. Holy poo poo were they bad

Weak, those are the only issues in the Omnibus that I don't own already and have not read.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Why is eBay so incredibly lovely when it comes to finding good prices on trades?

Fight My Dad!
Mar 9, 2008

I wish I had Paul Newman's eyes
That would be nice.
Hahaha, holy poo poo:
£1500 collection of 19 omnibuses and a shitload of trades
Want to buy your way into being respected by the thread?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm sorry, but if you spend that much on comics, you are a loving lunatic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm sorry, but if you spend that much on comics, you are a loving lunatic.

Uhhhhhh, do you realize what thread you are in?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Or what forum, really.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bought that many books in the last 3 years alone.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Rhyno posted:

I bought that many books in the last 3 years alone.

I think he means in one go, which I kind of agree with.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I wouldn't mind those Dredd annuals from the pictures since we don't get those on this side of the Atlantic but I'll just settle for the plain old Judge Dredd case files rather than spend £1500.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bairfanx posted:

I think he means in one go, which I kind of agree with.

Psh, I dropped $1500 on a few long boxes of trades last year.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I was doing ≈$100/month on trades from Amazon for a while (hardcovers are expensive!). I'm down from that, if only because I have too much to read at this point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uthor posted:

I was doing ≈$100/month on trades from Amazon for a while (hardcovers are expensive!). I'm down from that, if only because I have too much to read at this point.

Well to be fair I turned that $1500 into $5000 on Amazon.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

paulnewmanseyes posted:

Want to buy your way into being respected by the thread?

Let's be real, it's not like it's another way to do it.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Despite claiming on the dustjacket that it was "collected in its entirety", it should come as no surprise that the 52 omnibus is actually missing quite a bit. Nothing vital, but I'd rather have the character write ups from each issue instead of the sketches. And while World War 3 was completely awful, it was created to spackle over a gap in the story.

The omnibus seems like its just the trades in one cover. There's nothing wrong with that; I was just hoping for more...

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I'm pretty sure the worst thing on earth is when you reorganize your trades and discover you're missing a middle volume of something. Or in my case missing five volumes.

I wonder where my Ex Machina trades have all gone. :sigh:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I'm pretty sure the worst thing on earth is when you reorganize your trades and discover you're missing a middle volume of something. Or in my case missing five volumes.

I wonder where my Ex Machina trades have all gone. :sigh:

I am trying to sell the complete run of ten TPBs (for a discount off cover price) in case you would be interested.

Saxman2 at hotmail, or drop me a line in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread in SA-Mart.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I also have a complete set of hardcovers for sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

I also have a complete set of hardcovers for sale.

Ignore this I thought it was for something else.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 5, 2012