Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunnelman
Feb 28, 2010

aaag air flow
I wish I was in a position to help out with Esteban. You have my best wishes at least. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Money sent.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Tunnelman posted:

I wish I was in a position to help out with Esteban. You have my best wishes at least. :(

Ditto. Be well, Esteban :ohdear:

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

dunkman@gmail.com

this is me right now about this whole thing, pretty much straight up, except i have short brown hair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft8Z5VPTHS0

so the first urine and blood tests came back, since i brought him in so quickly (which is good) the toxins wouldn't have showed up in his system anyways. They gave him charcoal and an anti-nausea med so he doesn't puke up the charcoal. They also have him on IVs to push lots of fluid through his kidneys so that they are okay.

He was a bit dehydrated, but I think he normally is since he really only wants to drink out of the sink. The Vet told me to go home, and that her news was really "no news, so sort of good news, but we just don't know yet."

I will be getting a phone call in about 7 hours from the day shift vet with an update.

Was he getting more ill at home? Either way, I know it's expensive but it's better you brought him in :(

For future reference, the ASPCA has a poison control center with a phone number if you think your pet ate something awful.
http://www.aspca.org/Home/Pet-care/poison-control

If you can find it on there, they even have a database of toxic plants and food for dogs, cats and horses. Here's the one for plants.
http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/poison-control/plants/

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
I can't help much but I hope $25 will be helpful, payment sent

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh no, hope Esteban's ok. Get better so you can eat some plants you're supposed to, Esteban.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Esteban is too handsome to die.

He must be. :ohdear:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
ill just get less weed next time. money sent to esteban.

ive been enjoying the little cold snap we've had i santa cruz ecause charlie decided that the warmest place in the house is inbetween me and my girlfriend on the bed. its really nice to go to sleep with a purring kitty and wake up with a purring kitty.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
saw 96 posts expecting lots of cat pics and now i'm really sad

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
:ohdear: It sounds like you did the best you could to get him in as early as possible and the vets are on top of things. Cats have pulled through worse. Besteban get bettersteban

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Eggplant Wizard posted:

:ohdear: It sounds like you did the best you could to get him in as early as possible and the vets are on top of things. Cats have pulled through worse. Besteban get bettersteban

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
what in the gently caress is going on

my gfs cat, mister cat, racked up a couple grand in emergency cat hospital for cortizone poisoning if you remember last month

dunkman the office techs should be able to get you in touch with the pet hospital credit cards people. 5 minute phonecall basic screening can get you a $3000 balance or something similar with a 12 months to pay off with no interest

good luck

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Eggplant Wizard posted:

Empty quotin' this hard.

I keep checking this thread for an update :ohdear:

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Did you bring the flowers in with you to the vet? When I showed the pics to my girlfriend who knows about flowers and cats she said there was other stuff in that arrangement and the photos of him biting a thing might not have been poisonous even though the lily was next to them. So that might be a silver lining? Just speculation though.

Either way, be well Stebe

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
um I don't mean to be insensitive by posting not about Esteban but this is a proclick that you guys need to know about STAT
FREE LIVE CAMS mamma calico with orange babie kittens (probably also some calico babbies but they're a bit piled up atm)

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Eggplant Wizard posted:

um I don't mean to be insensitive by posting not about Esteban but this is a proclick that you guys need to know about STAT
FREE LIVE CAMS mamma calico with orange babie kittens (probably also some calico babbies but they're a bit piled up atm)

too much.

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
Esteban get well soon!

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice

Chorrax posted:

Esteban get well soon!

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

i'm really sorry i can't really help out at the moment, but i'm pullin for esteban psychically as much as i can over here. i know he's gonna make it just fine.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
yo JosephStalinVEVO don't get too worked up about it all im sure you're wreaked emotionally but realize that people have gr8 medicine and you got esteban to the vet so he's getting the help he needs

hell when my vet was all "gizmo has some kind of tumor in her ear canal" i was convinced she had brain cancer and i was going to have to kill her off. 2 weeks of medicine, turns out the tumor was gone.

same with dexter, he ate tylenol, spent a week at the vet and now he's back kickin rear end

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Also remember you can apply for CareCredit and get a credit card that is good for vet/medical expenses. My credit was poo poo and they still gave me $6k for dental work. If you talk to your vet they'd probably be willing to take a deposit and then give it back and bill the card once it came in. Might save you the upfront costs and then you'd have it around for future emergencies.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

drat. bringing out the big guns, i see.

e: honestly, the first thing that i'm impressed by in that third picture is her bra. that thing was structurally engineered.

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?
there haven't been any updates from dunkman

is stebes okay, thinking good thoughts for besteban :ohdear:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

duTrieux. posted:

drat. bringing out the big guns, i see.

e: honestly, the first thing that i'm impressed by in that third picture is her bra. that thing was structurally engineered.

unless we have :nws: confirmation, i'm deeming chicken cutlets responsible

sports
Sep 1, 2012
esteban get better
dont be scared :(

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

sports posted:

esteban get better
dont be scared :(

everybody do the needful.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

this pic really bothers me for some reason

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

the geometries are all wrong

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
:ohdear: esteban

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Josh Lyman posted:

this pic really bothers me for some reason

It's like a video game girl IRL

Get better Esteban!

FLEXBONER
Apr 27, 2009

Esto es un infierno. Estoy en el infierno.

Did Rob Liefeld become a plastic surgeon?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

FLEXBONER posted:

Did Rob Liefeld become a plastic surgeon?

an interesting hypothesis; i don't see any feet.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

not enouff pouches

get well esteban

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
10am Esteban Status:

18 hours post Lily ingestion we know the following things:

1) The white flowers in the bunch were Peruvian Lilies, which are not actually Lilies. While still mildly toxic to cats, if Esteban were to have eaten a whole bunch, he'd have some wicked diarrhea and not much else. He definitely ate some, but since they're not true lilies, that's actually good news.

2) The morning Vet who called me was describing how Esteban was fighting her and "giving her sass mouth" and I could hear him yelling at her. She said that those were really encouraging signs, since lethargy would be bad.

3) He keeps peeing so things are looking fine until the 3pm blood/urine panel when we will know more. If he stops peeing, he will gain weight and that is indicative of kidney failure and that's bad.

4) If he doesn't get worse, which is still possible, the vet said he could come home tomorrow. So 2 full days of hospitalization.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

The morning Vet who called me was describing how Esteban was fighting her and "giving her sass mouth" and I could hear him yelling at her.

lmao Esteb0wns

definitely good news so far!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I just lurk this thread a lot but I just wanna say I'm glad things are looking up for Esteban and I hope this all works out well, because he's a super loving awesome cat. And you are a good person for not letting cost or effort get in the way.

:ohdear:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
esteban brings the sass, no matter what.

glad to hear things are not gloomy. i have been genuinely concerned for you guys all morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

10am Esteban Status:

18 hours post Lily ingestion we know the following things:

1) The white flowers in the bunch were Peruvian Lilies, which are not actually Lilies. While still mildly toxic to cats, if Esteban were to have eaten a whole bunch, he'd have some wicked diarrhea and not much else. He definitely ate some, but since they're not true lilies, that's actually good news.

2) The morning Vet who called me was describing how Esteban was fighting her and "giving her sass mouth" and I could hear him yelling at her. She said that those were really encouraging signs, since lethargy would be bad.

3) He keeps peeing so things are looking fine until the 3pm blood/urine panel when we will know more. If he stops peeing, he will gain weight and that is indicative of kidney failure and that's bad.

4) If he doesn't get worse, which is still possible, the vet said he could come home tomorrow. So 2 full days of hospitalization.

Good news.
Elmer agrees.