Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Oh thank god it's something beyond just ARENAS ARENAS ARENAS ARENAS this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Solaris Knight posted:

Oh thank god it's something beyond just ARENAS ARENAS ARENAS ARENAS this time.

That being said, a few arena-type areas can really liven up the endgame content- y'know, give you something to throw your lvl 50 character/lvl 50 bitchin' arsenal at other than nigh-impossible-to-solo raid bosses.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Monkey Fracas posted:

That being said, a few arena-type areas can really liven up the endgame content- y'know, give you something to throw your lvl 50 character/lvl 50 bitchin' arsenal at other than nigh-impossible-to-solo raid bosses.

Speaking of nigh-impossible-to-solo raid bosses, I'd love to do a goonstomp of Hyperius and maybe even Gee one of these days on the Xbox.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I dislike the arenas in Underdome because it felt kind of shoddy and both too big so your enemies can hide, but too small so you can't get cover. The arenas in vanilla BL2 are pretty awesome though, so Gearbox fixed that problem

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Rokstar posted:

For some reason everything in Oasis stays at 35 even for PT 2.5 until you beat the DLC campaign. Everything from Wurmwater on should be 50, have you left Oasis?

No, when I saw that the quests hadn't scaled I just switched to another character out of frustration. I'll give that a shot and see what happens, thanks!

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is it safe to assume that the Bee nerf and Mechromancer anarchy fix go live when Mr. Torgue launches?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Speedboat Jones posted:

Is it safe to assume that the Bee nerf and Mechromancer anarchy fix go live when Mr. Torgue launches?

Until told otherwise, I think that a safe assumption.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

ShadowedFlames posted:

Until told otherwise, I think that a safe assumption.
Considering that MS only gives you one free patch (does Sony charge devs to release title updates as well?), I'm guessing yeah. It'll be more cost efficient to drop that into the DLC, considering those usually involve a title update as well.

I almost hate that this is coming so soon; I haven't had enough play time to want a break from Halo 4 yet, dammit! :mad: At least with BL2 there's full configuration on controls so I can swap them to be just like my setup there. Halo 4 only has pre-sets and since they added sprint as a permanent thing, I've had to reverse my jump and sprint buttons from what they've been for ages. Muscle memory is a rat bastard.

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.
Would anyone happen to have a legendary siren mod that they'd be willing to dupe for me? I have Commando and a pretty good legendary Mechro mod that I could dupe in return, as well as a bunch of guns and shields.

Edit: GT is Ethel Merman if so.

spamhead80 fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 16, 2012

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Solaris Knight posted:

I dislike the arenas in Underdome because it felt kind of shoddy and both too big so your enemies can hide, but too small so you can't get cover. The arenas in vanilla BL2 are pretty awesome though, so Gearbox fixed that problem

The Torgue arena is also apparently a free for all where enemies will go after eachother. It should be interesting.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
So excited for the patch to drop so I can start playing again. My badass ranks! :unsmith:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

spamhead80 posted:

Would anyone happen to have a legendary siren mod that they'd be willing to dupe for me? I have Commando and a pretty good legendary Mechro mod that I could dupe in return, as well as a bunch of guns and shields.

Edit: GT is Ethel Merman if so.

I don't but I want one too. Still looking for heads as well (BNK3R and Henry especially). I have a bunch of things to offer now (Legendaries: Cradle, Bee, Badaboom, Flakker, Skullmasher, Transformer - all level 50, Most quest rewards at level 50, also the Teeth of Terramorphous)...

GT: MY BROS HOT DAD

Mokinokaro posted:

The Torgue arena is also apparently a free for all where enemies will go after eachother. It should be interesting.

That is awesome. Wait sorry THAT IS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD GODDAMN EXPLOOOOOOOSIONS is that better

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

Golden Key Codes Provided by Mister Torgues cat @ECHOcasts:
PlayStation 3 - KTKJB-3CX5B-3CWK3-ZBCJJ-JJZ9T
Xbox 360 - WTWBB-ZJ9Z5-69XJ6-KRTBB-ZHBBH
PC - CTWTB-JTBW5-KFTTT-JTB33-JTBWB

Released 2:15pm PST 11/16/2012

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Stop releasing codes while the west coast is still working you gently caress :argh:

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
I'm level 18, when is a good time to get the first dlc, should I wait until I hit 50?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
30ish for Playthrough 1, 50 for TVHM.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

I want to see them recreate Gotcha! with Terra and Veri.

gently caress it just throw all the bosses in, I'll watch that.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Think it'd be cool to have some pvp type modes. If there could be team based death match or capture the flag you could almost get a world of war craft type of end game activity going on

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I hope Gearbox uses twitter based character chatter to advertise DLC forever :syoon:

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

MZ posted:

I'm level 18, when is a good time to get the first dlc, should I wait until I hit 50?

You can get it now. It won't start until you go to Oasis.

I ran through it at level 25 or so, ignored it through PT2 and am now enjoying it at level 50. :)

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Mokinokaro posted:

Man why'd they have to add more seraph weapons? That whole mechanic is just awful due to the ridiculous bosses.
There are at least two new raid bosses in Torgue DLC. 'Pyro Pete' and 'Motor Momma'.

Starrett posted:

Who signed off on 4 types of currency being a good idea?
There are actually 13 slots for currency in save files. Four currently being used. :ssh:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Also Torgue apparently being junkyard/bike themed is awesome, because I enjoyed the BL1 parts involving the Mad Max boss, as well as most of Knoxx.

stormrider
Sep 18, 2003

Absolut Awful

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Stop releasing codes while the west coast is still working you gently caress :argh:

Or build a website that lets you redeem them... so annoying

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

ShadowedFlames posted:

Fair enough. Tomorrow is likely a miss since I'm meeting up with someone else for some non-Flesh Stick stuff--need a change of pace after all and I'd like a night I'm not hearing Tina in my sleep. Saturday evening may be good, and perhaps Sunday daytime. Sunday night is reserved for watching the Ravens beat the Steelers and/or Survivor Series.

After that, it's anyone's guess. I'm not sure when they're pushing the patch through to fix that exploit, so this weekend may be the best time since I have a funny feeling we might see that patch hit this week. This is just pure speculation on my end.

Sunday daytime sounds good.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Please, anyone on PSN, if you can dupe me a CC I would be forever grateful. PSN: allhaildre

At terra peak getting my rear end handed to me as we speak

Edit - marogareh you are a saviour!

ReverendDre fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Nov 17, 2012

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008
If anyone is curious, you can access the creature dome even if you didn't pre-order. Just join on someone who did and you can access it normally

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
The little touches in this game seem to be where a lot of the humor is- just found a bandit-y sign that reads "Invisibl ASSHOLES!" before an encounter with a bunch of Stalkers.

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Nov 17, 2012

dpush
Nov 10, 2009

Solaris Knight posted:

I hope Gearbox uses twitter based character chatter to advertise DLC forever :syoon:

I don't. Some of us don't care about twitter. Or facebook for that matter. Thats why the shift codes have to be reposted here. Also does anyone else think shift codes are the dumbest thing ever? It just serves to make sure some people feel left out. Is a code posted while you're at work? Sucks to be you. Punch in this 25 digit code and see if it tells you that you aren't a big enough uber fan to deserve some FAT LOOT!! I've gotten maybe 6 or 8 codes to work and they all gave me crap. I like the idea but it could have been a lot better. Why not just make it so you can only open the box once every few days or cash in some bad rear end rank for a key?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
To me the gold chest is pretty drat useless once you get the treasure room glitch going. I used my one key and got garbage that was worse than what I had on me at the time.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The golden key chest is pretty much useless the moment you hit 50. It's just a source of a bit of bonus levelling gear, nothing to get too bent out of shape over. I haven't bothered with the last 3-4 key codes, still have ten or so keys waiting for another alt to need purples. I wish they'd do more cosmetic codes like the Halloween ones.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
Hey, so you know those guys and gals at 2K? They loving ROCK!

They've sent us a bunch of swag to give away for our 48 Borderlands 2 marathon.

Check this poo poo out!

:siren::siren::siren:DONATE NOW TO BE IN WITH A CHANCE OF WINNING STUFF!:siren::siren::siren:

Donations of £5 or more will be entered into a raffle for a set of Borderlands 2 Top Trumps.

Donations of £10 or more will be entered into a raffle for 1 of 4 EXCLUSIVE Borderlands 2 T Shirts.

Donations of £20 or more will be entered into a raffle for an XBOX PAL copy of the Limited Edition Ultimate Loot Chest.

:siren::siren::siren:DONATE NOW TO BE IN WITH A CHANCE OF WINNING STUFF!:siren::siren::siren:

http://gamepocalypse.com/horde4charity/

Monster w21 Faces fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Nov 17, 2012

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Check this poo poo out!

Firstly, you guys are insane for doing this for 48 hours.

Just donated for the ULC raffle, although I'm not gonna lie, those Top Trumps looks awesome.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
Much appreciated, thank you. Everything helps. :D

We did this last year with Insane difficulty Horde mode in GoW3. Hence our name.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Check this poo poo out!

Donations of £5 or more will be entered into a raffle for a set of Borderlands 2 Top Trumps.

Donations of £10 or more will be entered into a raffle for 1 of 4 EXCLUSIVE Borderlands 2 T Shirts.

Donations of £20 or more will be entered into a raffle for an XBOX PAL copy of the Limited Edition Ultimate Loot Chest.

Donated as well. That was awesome for 2K to donate the items.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
Not only that but they couriered it from London to Scotland overnight.

BTW we're currently experiencing some technical difficulties. Back soon hopefully.

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011
Having some problems glitching the treasure room again despite following Gildersneeze's video. I've found the landmark on the ceiling, done the little delayed half jump but when I turn around 180 degrees and find the next landmark, I can't walk backwards or rise up. As a result the vertical jumping bit won't trigger.

I managed to get it to work twice and can't work out what's going wrong now. I'm definitely hitting the right landmarks. Persists across multiple game restarts.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Check this poo poo out!

Is that huge vault symbol on the front or the back of the shirts?

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"

Spergminer posted:

Is that huge vault symbol on the front or the back of the shirts?

It's the front.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Well, my original plans for today got cancelled on me. Guess I'll stick around for a few hours in case anyone wants boosted or with help in general on TVHM (or hell, I wouldn't be averse to learning what the gently caress ya gotta do to beat Hyperius; god drat that was wasted time last night not being able to put a dent in him).

GT is same as username here. I figure I'll be around for about...oh, 2 or 3 hours from the time of this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.

The Berzerker posted:

I don't but I want one too. Still looking for heads as well (BNK3R and Henry especially). I have a bunch of things to offer now (Legendaries: Cradle, Bee, Badaboom, Flakker, Skullmasher, Transformer - all level 50, Most quest rewards at level 50, also the Teeth of Terramorphous)...

GT: MY BROS HOT DAD

If I happen to pick up the siren legendary mod I'll pass it along to you, though I don't really have anyone to spawn Vermivorous with at the moment so it's probably not going to happen anytime soon. I don't have the heads either at the moment, but if I come across them I'll certainly be willing to give those to you too.

If anyone is in the mood for killing anything, like Verm for example, I'm usually on during the day all week and during the evening for at least a few hours, EST.

spamhead80 fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 17, 2012

• Locked thread