Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Anyone in Aus (or elsewhere I guess) seen the Hobbit game on shelves? It's available on the lego website, but I'd rather not pay the standard arm and leg for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Brick Fanatics have a competition where they're giving away 5 complete sets of polybags from the recent Sun promotion in the UK: http://brickfanatics.co.uk/polybag-giveaway-competition/

It's open worldwide and you just have to answer a question,

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

I did this, but my wife sorted it for me as I built. :allears:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Anybody know what the VIP early access tomorrow for the Brick Friday sell will be? Was curious if any rumors where leaked or anything.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

North America (USA | Canada)

10% off orders of $149 or more
FREE Limited Edition Holiday Set with orders of $99 or more
FREE Shipping on orders of $49 or more
All offers can be combined

Europe (UK)

10% off orders of £100 or more
FREE Limited Edition Holiday Set with orders of £50 or more
FREE Shipping on orders of £25 or more
All offers can be combined

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Amoeba102 posted:

Anyone in Aus (or elsewhere I guess) seen the Hobbit game on shelves? It's available on the lego website, but I'd rather not pay the standard arm and leg for that.

I saw it at Target for $49 (I think that includes a general 20% off, though).

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

It took me weeks to finish Medieval Market Village, in fits and starts. No numbered bags. Never again.

Guzwar posted:

North America (USA | Canada)

10% off orders of $149 or more
FREE Limited Edition Holiday Set with orders of $99 or more
FREE Shipping on orders of $49 or more

Thanks for that. Looks like I could get the Haunted House for $168, with my points, though it's on a 30-day backorder...
e: though I keep looking at the $150 Diagon Alley. Could care less about Harry Potter but it's a nice looking trio of buildings, and it won't be there as long as the Haunted House

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Nov 17, 2012

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Amoeba102 posted:

It's also in Big W. Didnt check the price.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Building the imperial shuttle without numbered bags was fun, it helped that after a while I could remember what type of pieces where roughly where in the mess because I dumped all the bags next to each other, and only slightly overlapping.

Gravy Jones posted:

Brick Fanatics have a competition where they're giving away 5 complete sets of polybags from the recent Sun promotion in the UK: http://brickfanatics.co.uk/polybag-giveaway-competition/

It's open worldwide and you just have to answer a question,

Is that a trick question?

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Oh god someone send help, i can't stop building space hotrod/vic vipers. Hotrid Vipers?

click for big.

EDIT/Rendering those hoses takes forever.

AzMiLion fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Nov 17, 2012

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

AzMiLion posted:

Oh god someone send help, i can't stop building space hotrod/vic vipers. Hotrid Vipers?

click for big.

EDIT/Rendering those hoses takes forever.

Looks like something out of Jets n Guns

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Phy posted:

Looks like something out of Jets n Guns

I guess it does yeah, I played a shitton of that game so I might have been inspired by it without noticing. most of my designs tend to have elements form games and or movies I enjoyed.

I had another design rendering earlier but that also finished.(gently caress transparant tubing, makes POV-ray take stupidly long)

This ones a bit more bandity/criminal.

click for big.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Orc Forge is 40% off at amazon.co.uk (all other LOTR and Hobbit still at least 25% off as well)

Have spent so much on amazon over the last two weeks. It's going to be a very Lego Christmas.

Edit: This is a price match with Tesco who also have Urak Hai Army 40% of at the moment. Both are available and in stock at Tesco Direct. Amazon hasn't started matching Urak Hai Army yet. Nice if you have clubcard vouchers as you can get 2-for-1 on toys at the moment. I picked up the army set for a single £10 voucher.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Nov 18, 2012

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Krazyface posted:

I saw it at Target for $49 (I think that includes a general 20% off, though).

SynthOrange posted:

It's also in Big W. Didnt check the price.

I'm going to have to go to some better stores then. Checked a Target and a Kmart, but they mustn't update their shelves much at all.

[ts]xenophobe
Apr 21, 2004

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
Stolen from twitter:

a haiku about stepping on a lego:

gently caress poo poo god dammit
motherfucking poo poo ow ow
gently caress poo poo gently caress gently caress gently caress

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Quite pleased with myself last night for finishing sorting all my Lego.

Turned around & found another carrier bag full I'd forgotten about. :suicide:

On the plus side, I confirmed the train electrics all work so I'm going to throw something together for our kid in the next week.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I totally understand why it's taking so long, but does anyone else feel like Lego Cuusoo has basically died a death? There seems to be very little enthusiasm for it due to the long time it takes for any news to come out, and as far as I can tell fans and the company just don't seem interested in pushing projects through anymore.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

PriorMarcus posted:

I totally understand why it's taking so long, but does anyone else feel like Lego Cuusoo has basically died a death? There seems to be very little enthusiasm for it due to the long time it takes for any news to come out, and as far as I can tell fans and the company just don't seem interested in pushing projects through anymore.

I suspect that the current review is taking so long due to all 4 projects being licensed themes.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

PriorMarcus posted:

Cuusoo chat

Didn't they say they were doing press releases quarterly now?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

djfooboo posted:

Didn't they say they were doing press releases quarterly now?

Yes. Two quarters ago. No news since then (other than "soon", a couple months back.)

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I wouldn't be surprised if they looked at the sheer volume of My Little Pony and Mass Effect proposals and just sort of sighed and forgot Cuusoo existed.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Travis343 posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they looked at the sheer volume of My Little Pony and Mass Effect proposals and just sort of sighed and forgot Cuusoo existed.

Portal and Doctor Who sets can get the votes easily but the sets rarely look like fun builds. Lots are just minifigure designs. I think Lego was hoping for more original stuff and less license proposals.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
Lego's own fault for allowing licence stuff to be put on cuuso without it being by the rights holder.

I couldn't find any new information on the western theme that got 10,000 votes :( I was looking forward to it.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

AzMiLion posted:

I guess it does yeah, I played a shitton of that game so I might have been inspired by it without noticing. most of my designs tend to have elements form games and or movies I enjoyed.

I had another design rendering earlier but that also finished.(gently caress transparant tubing, makes POV-ray take stupidly long)

This ones a bit more bandity/criminal.

click for big.

These are just really really nicely done.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

My wife found some Lego Craiglist gold for me today, managed to snag a nearly Mint Pirates of the Caribbean Black Pearl for $60, it just had bag #1 opened by the sellers 8 year old son before he got bored. All I had to do was check to see if the mini figures where there along with the bigger items and I was sold, not to bad of a price, I will take $40 off a Lego set any day.

Edit: noticed something odd already, I have a extra Jack mini figure head piece and a near complete (missing the head) from the tentacle crab mini figure. Never seen extra mini figure pieces before more or less another almost complete one, need to go through the bags to see if the head is hidden in there. If anybody is interested I would be willing to trade the complete figure away, I know he goes for a bit on bricklink still.

Rythe fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Nov 20, 2012

MaggieTheCat
Nov 7, 2010
Picked up The Hobbit Bag End set today at Walmart, 70 bucks seems a little high for how small it is but its the only one in the Hobbit line that I really like.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Look what shop.lego.com's added to their search filters.
Sets they're retiring! Get that MMV now!

Edit-Oops, guess I can't link directly to the filtered results. Just click the checkbox at the bottom of the left column, then.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Nov 20, 2012

Tkytko
Jul 15, 2007

"Hisui-chan~, it seems a few things broke."

"... Nee-san, please refrain from cleaning again."

Here's a little something for you MOC wanters.

I had this set on my shelf collecting dust and thought the legs would be cool for the prongs on a Vic Viper, and, well, here ya go.

view of the underside

Check out the set for more views. :)

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Tkytko posted:

I had this set on my shelf collecting dust and thought the legs would be cool for the prongs on a Vic Viper, and, well, here ya go.
:words:

That is cool as hell, i realy like the way you did the control surfaces on the prongs(doors!).

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Tkytko posted:

This is great, I love the use of flippers, oxygen tanks, and doors as greebles.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I really should build a Vic Viper. Now that I've started buying Lego, it's really just the next logical step.

Pyroclastic posted:

Look what shop.lego.com's added to their search filters.
Sets they're retiring! Get that MMV now!

I got Medieval Market Village like ten months ago because I thought it was going to retire. It's a great set and if you have a friend/significant other to build with, each house is in its own bags and has its own books, so it's basically the ideal team build (short of racing to complete your half of Tower Bridge for bragging rights, I'm sure). :siren: BUY BUY BUY :siren:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

a thought I just had:

The Lunar Limo is a vic viper if you count the antenna as a top fin.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Pyroclastic posted:

Edit-Oops, guess I can't link directly to the filtered results. Just click the checkbox at the bottom of the left column, then.

Here's a direct link:
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Retiring-Soon?ShipTo=US

I'm curious if "Retiring Soon" plus "Sold out" means "Retired".

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

The Batmobile poly-bag is target in their Christmas section.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
New Creator set:

An eagle that transforms into a beaver and a scorpion? Yes please!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
On a related note, pictures of the "galaxy squad" line have also been leaked:

This guy's Flickr account has a bunch more photos, including individual pictures of each set.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh I'm really liking those. Galaxy Squad and Beaverscorpioneagle? :allears:

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
It's like Manbearpig. Half eagle, half scorpion, half beaver.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Galaxy Squad looks good! some new pieces in there, too. I especially like the look of that land vehicle with the mech, 70704.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Galaxy Squad looks like a poo poo load of fun. I do wish they'd ever make a "heroic" alien character that works with the yellow dudes in a space theme. It's got such uncomfortable connotations most of the time. I guess in this reality all the aliens are literally incomprehensible insect monsters.

e: Looking at those sets it looks like those are either robots or aliens in armor that are on the good guy's side? That's pretty cool either way.

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Nov 21, 2012