Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Cocoa Ninja posted:

I'm trying to decide between a Samsung 60" plasma at Best Buy (1000), or a VIZIO 60” LED (also 1000). The samsung seems to be a Sears only model like another poster found, so no reviews, and the VIZIO has fine reviews on amazon, 4 stars. Most of the bad ones are whiners bitching about smart TV features that are stupid.

I've got a massive room to fill and am really curious about these guys because they usually go for 1500. Which would be a better idea? I'm leaning LED.

Go Vizio. Nothing wrong with Samsung (it's what I have), and you'd probably be just fine with that TV as well. But I really don't like store specific models...they tend to skimp on important features in order to shimmy in under a certain price that the chain can advertise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Cocoa Ninja posted:

I'm trying to decide between a Samsung 60" plasma at Best Buy (1000), or a VIZIO 60” LED (also 1000). The samsung seems to be a Sears only model like another poster found, so no reviews, and the VIZIO has fine reviews on amazon, 4 stars. Most of the bad ones are whiners bitching about smart TV features that are stupid.

I've got a massive room to fill and am really curious about these guys because they usually go for 1500. Which would be a better idea? I'm leaning LED.

Does this happen to be the 60" Vizio that is going on Sale on black friday? If so, I would try your chances (slim as they may be) at getting it on Amazon for $688 next week, since it's not that long to wait.

Speaking of which, I am also hoping to snag the 60" Vizio, but I have a question about wall mounts.

Does anyone know of a mount that can pivot all the way around an outside corner? I would love to mount the TV so that I can move it between being in front of my bed and in front of a couch. Crude MSPAINT example:

Do they make any wallmounts that can do that?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
The vizio is supposed to be a really nice set as long as you dont need 3d. They have them at costco if you want to look at one, just walk in and tell them you want to look around or you are going to the pharmacy.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I pulled the trigger on the Samsung PN51E6500 plasma (the cheaper, ST50 equivalent) for $1120 after sales tax, bullshit "environment handling" fee, and shipping ($900 before all that).
Should be here in a day or two. :dance:

I bought it for the Smart features, low input lag (360), wireless networking, non-reflective screen, 1.4a compatibility, and the positive reviews on CNET and HDTVtest.
Now I can run Netflix and other TV apps separately, while my 360 stays in a game I was raging at just playing.

Should be a pleasant change from the Asus VH236 ("Evo") lcd monitor I've been using for the last two years.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Nov 16, 2012

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007

Elysium posted:

Does this happen to be the 60" Vizio that is going on Sale on black friday? If so, I would try your chances (slim as they may be) at getting it on Amazon for $688 next week, since it's not that long to wait.

Speaking of which, I am also hoping to snag the 60" Vizio, but I have a question about wall mounts.

Does anyone know of a mount that can pivot all the way around an outside corner? I would love to mount the TV so that I can move it between being in front of my bed and in front of a couch. Crude MSPAINT example:

Do they make any wallmounts that can do that?

Oh wow! Thanks for that. I see the deal, do you know what day the deal starts? Friday, or cyber Monday?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Any opinions on these two TVs?

http://www.abt.com/product/59600/Samsung-UN40EH5300.html

http://www.abt.com/product/59295/Samsung-UN40EH6000.html

EDIT: Or this one? http://blackfriday.com/products/7901-sceptre-40-class-lcd-1080p-60hz-hdtv-x409bv-fhd

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 16, 2012

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I bought an LG 47'' G2 series TV today. It has GoogleTV integrated.

So far, I am finding GoogleTV to be clunky, slow, and unpleasant. There's the seed of a great product in there, but it just isn't coming together properly. For example, scrolling is so slow and choppy that I don't ever see myself using the web browser in any meaningful way. On the other hand, Voice Search is really cool and way better than using a clunky remote.

I'm also not sure what I think of the image quality. Black levels on this TV leave a little to be desired, but it only cost me $880 total.

As of right now, I think I will return this TV. Convince me not to! (Or encourage me to return it and / or call me an idiot for choosing this TV)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is there a reliable TV review site? I want to do a little more research beyond Amazon customer reviews before I buy a new TV next week.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I bought an LG 47'' G2 series TV today. It has GoogleTV integrated.

So far, I am finding GoogleTV to be clunky, slow, and unpleasant. There's the seed of a great product in there, but it just isn't coming together properly. For example, scrolling is so slow and choppy that I don't ever see myself using the web browser in any meaningful way. On the other hand, Voice Search is really cool and way better than using a clunky remote.

I'm also not sure what I think of the image quality. Black levels on this TV leave a little to be desired, but it only cost me $880 total.

As of right now, I think I will return this TV. Convince me not to! (Or encourage me to return it and / or call me an idiot for choosing this TV)

Return it. GoogleTV has a long way to go before it's worth paying a price for. For $880, especially now around Black Friday, you can get a pretty nice deal on a 50" or 60" Plasma or mid-range LED TV that will give you more satisfaction. And then just add a Roku to it and voila.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Well I feel like a loving moron - after about 5 months of owning my Panasonic plasma I realized you have to turn on the HDMI ports and it doesn't automatically detect if something was plugged in. I thought I had a loving lemon since only HDMI 1 worked but I figured, oh well, I'll deal with it and just switch it out. Maybe get a HDMI switcher at some point.

I never bothered to call like a idiot. But went poking around when I had free time and enabled them all.

Kill me. :smith:

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

BonoMan posted:

Return it. GoogleTV has a long way to go before it's worth paying a price for. For $880, especially now around Black Friday, you can get a pretty nice deal on a 50" or 60" Plasma or mid-range LED TV that will give you more satisfaction. And then just add a Roku to it and voila.

I am useless when it comes to TV shopping. This TV is the first one I've ever bought for myself.

Do we have a Goon Approved 2012 Holiday TV Buyer's Guide or somesuch? When I Google for TV buying advice I get a ton of poo poo "Top 10" lists and other low quality articles.

I want a 42''+ TV that looks nice. Bigger is better. $800 or less, though ~$500 would be strongly preferable. Zero fancy features needed since I'm a cord cutter and will happily stream content from my laptop to the TV (I was hoping GoogleTV would make even this unnecessary, but it's not quite ready for prime time).

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Do we have a Goon Approved 2012 Holiday TV Buyer's Guide or somesuch? When I Google for TV buying advice I get a ton of poo poo "Top 10" lists and other low quality articles.

If you got cash to burn, and Panasonic's and Samsung's plasmas are the way to go.
The decent ones start at about $800, and go up from there, based on quality, gimmicks, and size (42-65").

To be honest, given the sheer variety of models and sizes, it' best to look at what you want in a tv, be it price, image quality, lag time, apps/smart functions, gimmicks, type (lcd, led, plasma), 3D, UI, size, and all that.

For example, here's what I wanted:
- Under $1200 inclusive
- 45+" 1080p non-reflective screen
- lowest input lag possible for gaming
- wi-fi and Smart function (because I don't need more wires, and another media box taking up shelf space when I have a wireless router)
- motion smoothing for sports, 24p movie playback
- deep blacks and accurate colors
- at least two positive reviews from CNET/TelevisionInfo/HDTVTest

With my price limit, that meant either the ST50, or the E6500.
And when the price of the E6500 dropped $200, it won.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 17, 2012

jkyuusai
Jun 26, 2008

homegrown man milk

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I am useless when it comes to TV shopping. This TV is the first one I've ever bought for myself.

I want a 42''+ TV that looks nice. Bigger is better. $800 or less, though ~$500 would be strongly preferable. Zero fancy features needed since I'm a cord cutter and will happily stream content from my laptop to the TV (I was hoping GoogleTV would make even this unnecessary, but it's not quite ready for prime time).

I recently (as in last Sunday) bought a new TV.

Some of the complications surrounding TV buying advice comes from the practice of stores having one-off models to sell for BF as well as year round in places like Sam's/Costco. Supposedly the models sold in those situations are stripped-down versions of more popular models made in such a way to hit very specific price points. If you try to search based on the model numbers you find in stores, you'll often come up with gently caress all in terms of reviews/info due to that.

We looked at a bunch in stores, I looked through the thread here, as well as the reviews on CNET, and a bit at AVS forums. After all that, I narrowed it down to three Panasonic models: the U50, the UT50, and the ST50. I went with the UT50 as it was right around my budget ($800) with a good feature set and rave reviews regarding image quality.

Fancy features are pretty much included on any mid to high level tier TV at this point, so don't necessarily not buy a set just because it has apps or 3D. These addons don't really seem to be being used to jack up the price (at least not on the sets I was considering) and are more of a bonus feature.

Here's my quick and dirty totally non-expert non-scientific summary of the TV market as I understand it after my day or two of researching.
At this point in the game, you've got roughly three types of displays in TVs (at the regular old consumer level) In increasing order of quality, they are: LCD, Plasma, and LCD backlit by LED.

LCD is the old standby and should be considered for sets under a few hundred bucks and at no greater than maybe 32-40". Anything over that, and you're wasting money on a subpar display tech.

Plasma is the current value buy. Modern sets don't suffer from the crazy burn-in problems that tarnished plasma's reputation early on. They offer excellent viewing angles and detail reproduction at a pretty competitive price. However, plasma's get pretty hot, are energy hogs, and depending on the set, aren't as well equipped to deal with brightly lit rooms.

LCD with LED backlighting currently sits at the higher end of the market. The consensus seems to be that it is the future major display tech. Depending on the set, it's on par or beats plasma, is typically much thinner, and consumes far less energy than a similar sized plasma. They still aren't beating plasma's in terms of viewing angles, and currently, you will pay a hefty premium for most of these sets.

My conclusion: Unless you have money to burn or are a videophile (and if you are you shouldn't be listening to me, dummy) then you are probably better off getting a cheaper plasma and spending that extra cash elsewhere.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Vintersorg posted:

Well I feel like a loving moron - after about 5 months of owning my Panasonic plasma I realized you have to turn on the HDMI ports and it doesn't automatically detect if something was plugged in. I thought I had a loving lemon since only HDMI 1 worked but I figured, oh well, I'll deal with it and just switch it out. Maybe get a HDMI switcher at some point.

I never bothered to call like a idiot. But went poking around when I had free time and enabled them all.

Kill me. :smith:

Don't feel bad what kind of lovely manufacturer provides an option that should be on all the time. It's not like the early days when the majority only had one HDMI device.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

The vizio 60" is $999 retail and will be 699 on Black Friday

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

jkyuusai posted:

Just a heads up, the 50" U50 just dropped to $599 on Amazon and is probably a bit lower than that on Sam's Club. I was all set to get one but my other half isn't crazy about it (we checked one out at both Best Buy and Sam's Club). We messed with the one at Sam's Club a bit and got it looking more acceptable color-wise. He was concerned about its inability to produce the LCD 120Hz effect (aka soap opera look). Horrifyingly, I learned on the store floor that he likes this look whereas I can't stand it. So, back to searching I go...

edit: Sorry, I guess more accurately, it lacks smoothing dejuddering - which is what really makes the wacky daytime television effect work - according to the cnet review

edit2: As it turned out, that was the U54, not the U50. Couldn't find much info on it besides that it was supposedly a lower tier than the U50. We wound up going to BestBuy and they had the UT50 in stock. Liked it and pulled the trigger on it, only to have our sales guy give up the last one in stock to another floor rep assisting a bunch of loving townies who waddled in after we'd been standing there waiting for him to have it pulled from the back for 20 minutes. Oh well, guess they didn't want my money. To Amazon we go!

The U54 is the exact same TV as the U50. The only difference is the name and stores. If you buy a U50 at Costco or Sam's Club, it's called a U54. I never noticed anything like that on my U50 from Amazon. The picture is just amazing. I watch a lot of snowboarding DVD's, and helicopter shots of mountains panning across the screen don't drag at all like a soap opera. They pop right out. I couldn't have been happier buying a month ago at $699, and now it's a hundred dollars cheaper. There's a U50/U54 owners thread on avsforums where people have posted their picture settings they like, and I just copied over a few of those and went with my favorite. They've got threads for just about every type of TV, so if you're curious about how you could fiddle with your settings, it's a nice way to try out some new things without the hassle of having no idea what you're doing like me.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 18, 2012

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

I hear there's gonna be cake!
So I've been digging around for a TV, as my 8 year old rear projection 60" Sony is finally on its last legs. I have the room in my living room to hang up to a 70", but I doubt I'll go that big. After digging around, I'm really in love with the Samsung UNxxES8000 line, any of the 55, 60, or 65 sizes. I think between what I've read on picture and features, it seems like an amazing TV.

I'm not that intent on 3D one way or the other, but my g/f seems to think it'll be a great feature going forward for our kids.

I'm trying to keep price under $2000 (I've found the UN60ES8000 for about $2300, which I think is a good deal), but its not a huge sticking point, I have some flexibility either way.

Basically I just want to get as good of a picture as I can, I prefer LED but can be swayed to plasma if they price is right, and I don't have to worry about the old burn in problems and such that have been around in the past. I'd like it to have 3D (in my range, I think most TV's will have it anyways), I'd like it to have wi-fi/home network capability, and something that will last me at least 8-10 years without being completely obsolete.

UnmaskedGremlin fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 18, 2012

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
I've been looking to buy a really nice T.V but Sony is still a little to rich for my blood. I'm willing to start out at $1,500 and willing to go to $3,000 if it can really knock my socks off. The T.V will be mostly used for web browsing/Netflix and PS3 use with actual T.V watching a pretty distant third. I'm just hoping that by giving you guy's a decent budget to work with I can get a decent brand recommendation with a good quality/size ratio.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

UnmaskedGremlin posted:

So I've been digging around for a TV, as my 8 year old rear projection 60" Sony is finally on its last legs. I have the room in my living room to hang up to a 70", but I doubt I'll go that big. After digging around, I'm really in love with the Samsung UNxxES8000 line, any of the 55, 60, or 65 sizes. I think between what I've read on picture and features, it seems like an amazing TV.

I'm not that intent on 3D one way or the other, but my g/f seems to think it'll be a great feature going forward for our kids.

I'm trying to keep price under $2000 (I've found the UN60ES8000 for about $2300, which I think is a good deal), but its not a huge sticking point, I have some flexibility either way.

Basically I just want to get as good of a picture as I can, I prefer LED but can be swayed to plasma if they price is right, and I don't have to worry about the old burn in problems and such that have been around in the past. I'd like it to have 3D (in my range, I think most TV's will have it anyways), I'd like it to have wi-fi/home network capability, and something that will last me at least 8-10 years without being completely obsolete.
If you want 3d especially with kids you want passive 3d. The glasses are much lighter, cheaper, and don't have batteries.

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

Don Lapre posted:

If you want 3d especially with kids you want passive 3d. The glasses are much lighter, cheaper, and don't have batteries.

Whats the difference/how do I tell between passive and (I'm assuming) active 3D?

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

UnmaskedGremlin posted:

Whats the difference/how do I tell between passive and (I'm assuming) active 3D?
It will be incredibly easy to tell the difference. Passive 3D glasses are like the kind you get in the theatres when you see 3D movies. Active are battery operated. If you buy a plasma, it is pretty much guaranteed to be active as the television doesn't have to be brighter to compensate for the glasses.

The Samsung model you are looking at is Active. I believe it comes with 4 pairs. As Don Lapre says, though, you will need to take into account that they will be expensive to replace, and you also will need to buy replacement batteries that are usually proprietary in nature, so it depends on how worried you are about the kids messing them up.

On paper, Active is far superior. Since passive requires the television to do all the work, you get a lower resolution (and can usually notice the scan lines), more potential for crosstalk, and the color issues that come with wearing the shaded glasses. That said, the majority of people prefer passive because it's much easier on the eyes. Especially if you think of going with that model, I would see if you can try out an Active 3D demo in a store or a friend's house, as the increased weight of the battery controlled glasses (not as big of a deal nowadays) and the flickering that takes place in them annoys some people to no end.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

So I'm looking around at the 50" $700 price point and there seem to be quite a few choices across all the technologies.

Panasonic Plasma the U50: http://goo.gl/FOK0c

Panasonic LCD: http://goo.gl/6k7jQ

Toshiba LCD: http://goo.gl/PrkRA

Samsung Plasma: http://goo.gl/uJpKD

At this price point is it all just a matter of preference? The light in my room is easily managed, so glare is not a problem. 3D is niether plus nor minus.

Thoughts?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

toplitzin posted:

Samsung Plasma: http://goo.gl/uJpKD
At this price point is it all just a matter of preference? The light in my room is easily managed, so glare is not a problem. 3D is niether plus nor minus.
Thoughts?

This one got a below average rating on TelevisionInfo due to having bad motion blur.
I'd go for one of the Panasonic's at that price range, or hope for a discounted UT50/E550.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Go for the Panasonic plasma.

ChineseBuffet
Mar 7, 2003
Any recommendations for a 32" set? Maybe that will be on sale this week?

I have a P55ST30 as my main TV and love it. I'm looking to get a smaller set for a fitness room where it will only ever be used:
for watching movies
in the dark (with no windows)
from head-on

I also don't need amazing picture quality, so this seems like a pretty softball set of requirements. I do want something "decent" and not bottom-tier, though. It looks like this should run around $300, although I can spend more if it delivers much better value.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Keyser S0ze posted:

$300 bedroom bargain tv hunter update:

The Samsung UN32EH4000 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV is as advertised and a great tv for the money.

It looks great with the Dish Hopper HD "Joey" receiver it is hooked up to but of course, looks like rear end with SD - so don't buy it for SD.

This thing has been a great bedroom tv, especially if you have a Roku/Apple TV box since it doesn't have anything built in. 3 HDMI ports.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I'm really torn on this.

I have my eye on the 70" Sharp LED but I've read a few poor reviews. The display model looks good to my eyes but I keep hearing I won't be happy in the long run. The major draw is the $1800 sale price on Black Friday, down from $2500-$2700 depending on store.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sharp+-...6&skuId=4841581
There is also another 70" model that Best Buy currently sells for the same price and has a few good reviews here
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sharp+-+AQUOS+-+70%26%2334%3B+Class+-+LED+-+1080p+-+120Hz+-+HDTV/6963295.p?id=1218817167338&skuId=6963295
It would appear the only major difference is the Smart TV features, am I missing anything?

I'd really been pushing for a huge TV but numerous sources tell me to go for a Plasma and I found this Samsung on Amazon and Best Buy for $850.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-PN60E...=PN60E530A3FXZA

I don't need 3D, this would be used for Netflix, Xbox and media streaming. Also this set gets great reviews. Are there any major flaws with Samsung's plasmas?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

So I'm really torn on this.

I have my eye on the 70" Sharp LED but I've read a few poor reviews. The display model looks good to my eyes but I keep hearing I won't be happy in the long run. The major draw is the $1800 sale price on Black Friday, down from $2500-$2700 depending on store.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sharp+-...6&skuId=4841581
There is also another 70" model that Best Buy currently sells for the same price and has a few good reviews here
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sharp+-+AQUOS+-+70%26%2334%3B+Class+-+LED+-+1080p+-+120Hz+-+HDTV/6963295.p?id=1218817167338&skuId=6963295
It would appear the only major difference is the Smart TV features, am I missing anything?

I'd really been pushing for a huge TV but numerous sources tell me to go for a Plasma and I found this Samsung on Amazon and Best Buy for $850.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-PN60E...=PN60E530A3FXZA

I don't need 3D, this would be used for Netflix, Xbox and media streaming. Also this set gets great reviews. Are there any major flaws with Samsung's plasmas?

The 60" Panasonic is only $800.
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-...s=u50+panasonic

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

This is the go-to Goon tv right?

Am I going to regret not getting a 70" tv?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Rhyno posted:

This is the go-to Goon tv right?

Am I going to regret not getting a 70" tv?

No you won't regret it. When you've hit the 60" mark, it's big enough to not warrant passing up on quality just to go bigger.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was at Best Buy playing with tvs today but i skipped the Panasonic plasmas because of the price. Turns out Wal-Mart stocks this tv so I'll go and play with it before I pull the trigger tomorrow.

SplitDestiny
Sep 25, 2004

UnmaskedGremlin posted:

I was looking for the exact same type of tv and ended up picking this up.

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-60LM7200-led-tv

It's brand new so there isn't much information out yet but it was such a good price for a slim led tv that included passive 3d that I couldn't pass it up. Im pretty happy with it so far.

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

SplitDestiny posted:

I was looking for the exact same type of tv and ended up picking this up.

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-60LM7200-led-tv

It's brand new so there isn't much information out yet but it was such a good price for a slim led tv that included passive 3d that I couldn't pass it up. Im pretty happy with it so far.

How's the picture been so far? I'm certainly intrigued by that one, and for the price, it seems very interesting. Any info would be great!

SplitDestiny
Sep 25, 2004
The picture is what you would expect from any kind of high end led tv. I get a lot of light from a window in my apartment and haven't had much of any issue with glare. The only negative so far is a little bit of flashlighting/clouding or whatever in the top left corner. It's only visible really with local dimming turned off and in an extremely dark room. Scanning the avsforums shows that this is extremely common in any led tv including the samsung es8000 which is what I was using to compare other tv's to.

scanlonman
Feb 7, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Has anyone had any luck with a TCL or a Seiki?

Jammer Jones
Jul 11, 2002

Member of the Yomiko Readman Fanboy Army!
I was taking a look at the BF specials and I spotted this this Toshiba on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-40L5200U-40-Inch-1080p-120Hz/dp/B0077E47SI/ref=amtcd_B0073K64NM_B0077E47SI

I'm interest in this to hookup my roku for movies, and xbox and ps3 for gaming. I'm concerned this might be not be too good for gaming or might be too cheap. I'm currently using a 27 inch Samsung monitor for gaming (p2770) Is this Toshiba decent (I do not own a TV at all, just my monitor)

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
For those of you not monitoring the black friday deal threads:

60" Sharp Aquos for $699

I don't know how this compares to the Vizio, I guess it's older and doesn't have wifi/smart features/super thin bezel.

However, this is not a black friday deal, you can just buy it outright right now.

steveng
Feb 24, 2005
^_^
Can anyone recommend a good TV for my office, it will be used mostly for watching sports from about 8 feet(2.5m)away i'd like to spend less then 600$

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Elysium posted:

For those of you not monitoring the black friday deal threads:

60" Sharp Aquos for $699

I don't know how this compares to the Vizio, I guess it's older and doesn't have wifi/smart features/super thin bezel.

However, this is not a black friday deal, you can just buy it outright right now.

Its not LED either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011
I'm buying a TV from the UK, sitting in Denmark (prices here are even more atrocious than there). I'm looking for a TV that will be useful for gaming on a PS3, watching movies and TV shows from my computer and won't cost much more than 400 £ or fill up my small apartment too much (around 40").

Is this a not terrible deal? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-TX-P42X50B-42-inch-Widescreen-Freeview/dp/tech-data/B007ISAL4C/

• Locked thread