Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nilryna
Jan 2, 2004

=^o^=
So after weeks and months of looking, I finally broke down and bought a Movie Masters Ras al Ghul for $30 shipped, which isn't a bad deal considering I want my drat bat signal to be finished.

Now, I just need a goggles-up Catwoman, and then a Bane and Batman--which shouldn't give me too much of a problem...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Found these guys at Toys R Us for $16 a piece.

Jace Madan fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 5, 2012

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

nU 52 ... or however they write that.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

After collecting Justice League Unlimited figures for about eight years, I FINALLY have them on display, so they won't keep falling over:

Who's the figure fourth from the right in the bottom row? I ask because whatever's on her right arm made me immediately think "Witchblade", haha.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's Voodoo of the Wildcats.

Since when are there JLU Wildcats?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

That's Voodoo of the Wildcats.

Since when are there JLU Wildcats?

They're customs made by Airmax, an incredible action figure customizer. He also made the Comedian (bottom right). My GL Hal Jordan, Catwoman, and Maxwell Lord are also customs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

They're customs made by Airmax, an incredible action figure customizer. He also made the Comedian (bottom right). My GL Hal Jordan, Catwoman, and Maxwell Lord are also customs.

Well that's cool and explains much.

Also I decided I couldn't justify $30 for that Guy when I would just toss the other two in a box.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Well that's cool and explains much.

Also I decided I couldn't justify $30 for that Guy when I would just toss the other two in a box.

It would have been $38 and change with Matty's ripoff shipping and handling charges.

If you really want a little Guy Gardner figure but don't necessarily care or collect JLU, just get the DC Infinite Heroes version. They're slightly shorter than JLU, but have more articulation and somewhat more realistic sculpts. Plus there are DC Direct, DC Universe Classics, Action League, Minimates, and HeroClix versions you can get.

EDIT: And that Mego-style one, and the Eaglemoss lead figurine (those things are awesome).

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 5, 2012

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

It would have been $38 and change with Matty's ripoff shipping and handling charges.

If you really want a little Guy Gardner figure but don't necessarily care or collect JLU, just get the DC Infinite Heroes version. They're slightly shorter than JLU, but have more articulation and somewhat more realistic sculpts. Plus there are DC Direct, DC Universe Classics, Action League, Minimates, and HeroClix versions you can get.

EDIT: And that Mego-style one, and the Eaglemoss lead figurine (those things are awesome).

I have all the other ones. Except for the second DC Direct figure I have pretty much every GG figure.

THEN YOU POSTED THAT PICTURE AND MY COLLECTION NOW HAS A HOLE IN IT.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Did they ever get around to making a JLU golden age Sandman, or did they just stick with Sandy?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Did they ever get around to making a JLU golden age Sandman, or did they just stick with Sandy?

Just Sand (second-to-bottom row on the far left). I would have loved a trench coat/fedora/gas mask Sandman, as well as Ted and Jack Knight Starmen.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I have all the other ones. Except for the second DC Direct figure I have pretty much every GG figure.

THEN YOU POSTED THAT PICTURE AND MY COLLECTION NOW HAS A HOLE IN IT.

What about the DC Direct PVC set version and the Pocket Hero?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

What about the DC Direct PVC set version and the Pocket Hero?

Yup and yup, I kept the Guy and gave the rest of the set to a friend. Sadly he broke off his base and I never got around to fixing him. My Pocket Hero Guy has an arm that falls out but he was free! I even have the crappy clear Infinite Heroes figure.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

That explains a lot - I looked on Airmax's website, and that Voodoo was made using part of a Witchblade Animated figure, hence the Witchblade resemblance. :v:

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
How are the 6-inch Marvel Classic Legends figures? I've been eyeballing the Iron Man and Hope Summers the last few times I've been at the store, but I haven't pulled the trigger on them yet.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

After collecting Justice League Unlimited figures for about eight years, I FINALLY have them on display, so they won't keep falling over:

I always liked how JLU Dr. Fate looked

Also poor Darkseid :lol:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Yup and yup, I kept the Guy and gave the rest of the set to a friend. Sadly he broke off his base and I never got around to fixing him. My Pocket Hero Guy has an arm that falls out but he was free! I even have the crappy clear Infinite Heroes figure.

Search eBay for seller taomr6007. He is selling a loose JLU Guy without the vinyl jacket piece for $3.99 plus 99 cents shipping from China. I've bought four figures from him before; all good quality.

EDIT: My Vandal Savage that I ordered from him arrived today, so this is my collection as it stands:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 6, 2012

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
I really wasn't too interested in the Matty Collector Voltron. I just didn't think that "GIANT loving ROBOT!" was enough of a selling point for me anymore.
Then I saw Peaugh's review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCfQXswOSyA
and I gotta admit, he starts Forming Voltron Force, I was slightly tempted.
But instead, I dicked around with YouTubeDoubler and gave you all this
http://youtubedoubler.com/5Evk

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

Your Mix: INFERIOR! Soundwave's Best of Emo: SUPERIOR!
THis just reminds me I need to make some time to open up all my lions and play Voltron. :D

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

So my old Footloose figure, sitting untouched in a display case, spontaneously combusted. The bad part is that his back screw is both rusted and stripped.

Solution?

I ordered a new torso. When it arrives, I'll use a hammer and a screwdriver to crack open the stripped-screw torso.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
um, just buy a new one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-GIJ...=item51a39685a1

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I think if he wants to collect Joes this is an excellent exercise in trying all the usual repairs.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I think if he wants to collect Joes this is an excellent exercise in trying all the usual repairs.

I'd rather practice on a cheaper figure like Footloose than an '85 Snake Eyes.

So, I bought a Footloose torso on eBay, which arrived today. So instead of a hammer and screwdriver, I just used a pair of pliers, squeezing at the bottom of the torso to pop it open.

It came apart pretty easily, and I realized the problem was that whoever owned the figure before me drove the screw too deep - past the screw opening in the back.

This was super easy, and Footloose is like new.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Well, someone looks like he's about to kick off his Sunday shoes. Good job!

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
I found the newest wave of Terminator figures today at Toys R Us. Hopefully these sell well so we can get a future war Kyle Reese figure.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Star Wars and Dominoes Get Into Toy Hall of Fame

quote:

The Force was strong with these two.

Inducted into the Hall of Fame, “Star Wars” action figures were. But there was another — the centuries old game dominoes.

Both toys will join Barbie, Mr. Potato Head, marbles and the Teddy Bear in the National Toy Hall of Fame. They were introduced with an intergalactic cast at a mid-morning news conference Thursday at The Strong.

“Both are small, but very powerful vehicles of play,” said Christopher Bensch, vice president of collections at The Strong.

“Star Wars” action figures were introduced by Kenner in the 1970s. The success of those toys spurred the industry to create more toys linked to movies, television series and comic books. The toys also were finalists in 2011.

“Every kid knows these toys,” said Hall of Fame Curator Patricia Hogan. “They are a force to be reckoned with.”

Twenty series of 33/4-inch tall “Star Wars” action figures have been sold since the first Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader and R2-D2 figures hit store shelves in 1978, Hogan said.

Dominoes, the oldest game among the 12 finalists, originated in China in the 1300s and later appeared in Europe. A standard set of 28 dominoes allows for many different games, as well as the creation of designs in which dominoes can be toppled in a wave. The game was a finalist in 2010.

Originally made of bone, ebony or ivory, today’s dominoes are typically made from plastic.

The two inductees from a galaxy far, far away and a time long, long ago joined 49 other legendary playthings in the Hall of Fame, which began in 1998.

Last year, the blanket, the dollhouse and Hot Wheels were honored.

“Play is an essential activity,” Bensch said. “It’s critical to learning and human development.”

Hundreds of toys were nominated by the public and Strong officials narrowed the field to 12.

A committee of national experts that picks the winners uses four criteria. The toy must stand the test of time, must be widely recognized and must encourage learning, creativity and wonder over generations, Hogan said.

The other 2012 finalists included: Clue, Fisher-Price corn popper, Lite-Brite, little green army men, Magic 8 ball, pogo stick, sidewalk chalk, Simon, the tea set and Twister.

The National Museum of Play will celebrate the two Hall of Fame inductees this weekend. The event will include the chance to play with some of the timeless toys and will also feature magician and juggler Bill Gormont.

I probably would've voted for little green army men over Star Wars, but they were game-changers, I suppose.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Jesus Castle Grayskullman sold out quick.

Kept me from spending too much money though!

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Red posted:

Star Wars and Dominoes Get Into Toy Hall of Fame

I probably would've voted for little green army men over Star Wars, but they were game-changers, I suppose.

Dominoes? That poo poo is boring :mad:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

Jesus Castle Grayskullman sold out quick.

Kept me from spending too much money though!

Interesting. I thought it was a terrible idea for a figure, but people ate it up. I wonder what the appeal is (that I'm missing).

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It has Hulkamania hair.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

It has Hulkamania hair.

Okay, now I need to see Castle Grayskullman coming out of the mouth of the new Castle Grayskull set like he's entering a wrestling arena.

Bonus points if you can find desktop speakers to sit at the sides of the castle, other MOTUC figures to sit in 'stands' like fans outside the castle, and Grayskullman wearing a little HULKAMANIA shirt, with a hand to his ear. And some firecrackers for pyrotechnics.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Red posted:

Okay, now I need to see Castle Grayskullman coming out of the mouth of the new Castle Grayskull set like he's entering a wrestling arena.

Bonus points if you can find desktop speakers to sit at the sides of the castle, other MOTUC figures to sit in 'stands' like fans outside the castle, and Grayskullman wearing a little HULKAMANIA shirt, with a hand to his ear. And some firecrackers for pyrotechnics.

I'll do it next December, you can Toxx me on that.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Red posted:

This is clearly heading into video territory (as opposed to photos) and I'm pretty sure his entrance music has to be "gently caress All Night and Party All Day" by Steel Panther.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

This is clearly heading into video territory (as opposed to photos) and I'm pretty sure his entrance music has to be "gently caress All Night and Party All Day" by Steel Panther.

What? How could it be anything but 'Real American'?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jace Madan posted:

I found the newest wave of Terminator figures today at Toys R Us. Hopefully these sell well so we can get a future war Kyle Reese figure.

Checked my TRU today, they didn't have those. :( Speaking of Terminator, did you have any luck grabbing any more of those Terminator not-Legos from Ross? Thanks again!

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Has anyone seem the Marvel Universe wave that has Kraven in it yet? Wondering if I'm just having bad luck finding him

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

New HT damaged T-800 with T-1000 mold is making me happy I wasn't able to afford the one that came out this month. gently caress it looks so good!!

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 18, 2012

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

DrChud posted:

Has anyone seem the Marvel Universe wave that has Kraven in it yet? Wondering if I'm just having bad luck finding him

Marvel Universe (and Hasbro in general, I guess) has the shittiest distribution I've ever seen. Depending on what part of the country you live in there may be months before you get stocked with the new product that's been widely released in other parts of the country. When you factor in that, scalpers and the cost of gas to drive around and look for these things it's totally worth it to me to just buy that poo poo from an online toy store for a bit more and be done with the hassle.

Broken Toaster
Feb 20, 2009
I saw a Kraven at the Target in Grand Forks, ND the other day. It was the only MU fig of that series that was there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The CIE Uncle Sam (with Dollman!) and Constantine figures arrived yesterday. They're decent but not really anything new from other figures wearing suits (Joker) or trenchcoats (Question), though John's open shirt and loose tie are a nice touch. Interestingly they do have some slightly different joints than I've seen on previous DCUC figures, something I noticed on last month's Poison Ivy as well; it's weird little t-joints or something for their shoulders, and in Ivy's case her hips only swivel forward and backwards and she lost her ab crunch. Just odd that they'd switch to new pieces at this stage in the game.

Question for any Hellblazer readers: John's got a big scar across his left eye that I was unaware he had, and I can't find anything online that explicitly details how he actually acquired that; can anyone enlighten me?