Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
ITV is pretty gash wherever you are i think, its only useful for films now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Battle
Jan 16, 2010

Haha! Yeah!

Kerbtree posted:

An update to Air buggered it. help and stuff here

For anyone interested, this appears to have solved the issue perfectly. Thanks!

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I think Take Me Out is literally the only thing I've watched on ITV for about eight years, apart from the rugby world cup.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
So season 2 of Trollied finished last night and Im actually starting to really enjoy it. Season 2 was a ton better than season 1

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Giedroyc posted:

Harry And Paul is great, the first series is a bit hit and miss but it's the best thing either of them has done in decades.
An old one but possibly their best work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxY9rZwNGU
e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK_KhzQEjoQ (special cameo from jonny vegas in that one)

Seaside Loafer fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Nov 18, 2012

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_ITV#The_Broadcasting_Act_of_1990

This is why you don't see much regional ITV anymore. And OFCOM reduce the regional commitment all the time.

Blame Maggie.

thehustler fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Nov 18, 2012

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Leon with a Zero posted:

ITV is pretty gash wherever you are i think, its only useful for films now.
The only person I know who watches anything on ITV is my 60 year old mother who is an addict of corenation street. I cant remember watching anything on there since The New Statesman.

How the gently caress do they stay in business?

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Seaside Loafer posted:

The only person I know who watches anything on ITV is my 60 year old mother who is an addict of corenation street. I cant remember watching anything on there since The New Statesman.

I don't know anyone who watches anything on ITV = No-one watches ITV.

Things like X Factor and Dancing on Ice not only get massive ratings but also have a big income stream from people voting.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
I'm surprised they haven't gotten a new person in to host TV Burp yet. Take Me Out is back? oh dear have they remembered to vet the contestants for criminal history this time?

lazyjane
Aug 24, 2003

Lemurs, Man, Lemurs
I watch stuff on itv. Burn me at the stake!

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

lazyjane posted:

I watch stuff on itv. Burn me at the stake!

I'll fetch the petrol.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Seaside Loafer posted:

Corrie, Emmerdale, X-Factor, I'm a Celeb, Downtown Abbey. We might mock them as crude, but they do bring in reasonable ad revenues. Their last statement to the city was a pre-tax profit of £167m.

They have made a bit of a swing back towards spending their budget on higher quality dramas, but I think they've found their reputation for low-brow is hurting their ability to attract new eyeballs.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
I personally want more TV stars from the 90s getting documentary specials where they go somewhere and do something, because I really care about celebrities visiting places like what I could go to.

Stephen Tompkinson's guide to Affleck's Palace in Manchester.
Sarah Lancashire's heartwarming trip to the main Greggs distribution centre.

lazyjane
Aug 24, 2003

Lemurs, Man, Lemurs

Flatscan posted:

I'll fetch the petrol.

We can make it into a reality show and put it on itv!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
We'd need some D-list celebrities to present and offer their opinions.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Quick, someone implement a phoneline vote to ask the public what fuel we should use to do the burning!

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

I'll give an account of my emotional journey throughout the burning and talk about how much its changed my life set to a song by Coldplay.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

I'm quite convinced that at least one of the women on Take Me Out is a plant and fed lines by the producers. Lois.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Someone get Fearne Cotton's people on the phone and see if she's interested in hosting the ITV2 backstage sister show, showing how the bonfire was made.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

FreakyZoid posted:

Someone get Fearne Cotton's people on the phone and see if she's interested in hosting the ITV2 backstage sister show, showing how the bonfire was made.
...complete with a crisis moment when everyone suddenly realises that the pile of wood they've so lovingly assembled needs to be lit somehow if it's to complete its transition from pile of sticks to roaring fire (followed by before-during-after timelapse.)

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!
Nick Knowles looks at his iPhone with a scowl "Ok, crisis time people. The truck with the firelighters isn't going to be here on time. We're going to need to improvise."

Narrator: "Meanwhile Vernon Kaye has been talking to some of the locals..."

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Cerv posted:

I'm quite convinced that at least one of the women on Take Me Out is a plant and fed lines by the producers. Lois.

I know someone who was on it, she was basically told to go on a date with someone soon because she had been on too long and wasn't getting enough face time. So she had to go for the next guy regardless of whether she really wanted to.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Cerv posted:

I haven't seen a lot of Take Me Out, but surely they're all fed lines from the producers? It's Take Me Out.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Xachariah posted:

I know someone who was on it, she was basically told to go on a date with someone soon because she had been on too long and wasn't getting enough face time. So she had to go for the next guy regardless of whether she really wanted to.

True love :allears:

Take Me Out is the only show on TV I have ever wanted to be on. It's glorious.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Mickolution posted:

UTV is the Northern Irish version of ITV, STV is the Scottish one. They're the only ones not called ITV now, whereas they all used to be different, I think.

Yep, Thames Television, Anglia, Tyne Tees, Central, et al.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Rarity posted:

Take Me Out is the only show on TV I have ever wanted to be on. It's glorious.

I sometimes watch the show when I'm getting ready to go out, and can understand the appeal, but it's still really suprising the number of women I know who want to go on it. People who abhor X-Factor and Made in Chelsea and Surprise Suprise just have this sudden random adoration for Take Me Out, it's hilarious.

I'd rather go on Pointless. Alexander Armstong and Richard Osman :allears:

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

Irisi posted:

I've decided Richard Osman is better at funny ad-libbing than Professional Comedian Alex Armstrong. How did he not end up on the other side of the camera earlier?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Irisi posted:

I sometimes watch the show when I'm getting ready to go out, and can understand the appeal, but it's still really suprising the number of women I know who want to go on it. People who abhor X-Factor and Made in Chelsea and Surprise Suprise just have this sudden random adoration for Take Me Out, it's hilarious.

If you don't see the appeal in making snap rejections of men based on such spurious reasons as them being Geordie/ginger/neckbeards/kinda-awkward-looking then I don't know what to tell you :colbert:

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Pablo Bluth posted:

Corrie, Emmerdale, X-Factor, I'm a Celeb, Downtown Abbey. We might mock them as crude, but they do bring in reasonable ad revenues. Their last statement to the city was a pre-tax profit of £167m.

They have made a bit of a swing back towards spending their budget on higher quality dramas, but I think they've found their reputation for low-brow is hurting their ability to attract new eyeballs.
ITV also makes a pile of money from their production company, ITV Studios, who make programmes for the BBC, Channel 4, 5 and various Sky channels; as well as their renting out their studio space at the London Television Studios and Granada/MegaCity. Which is something the BBC also do but won't after their stupid decision to sell off Television Centre.

ITV Interim Management Statement, 13/11/2012 posted:

· Total external revenues up 4% to £1,573m (2011: £1,515m)

· Non-NAR revenues up 15% at £730m (2011: £633m) driven by ITV Studios

· ITV Studios is trading strongly with total revenues up 20% to £498m (2011: £416m)

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Rarity posted:

If you don't see the appeal in making snap rejections of men based on such spurious reasons as them being Geordie/ginger/neckbeards/kinda-awkward-looking then I don't know what to tell you :colbert:

I watched a bit of it a while ago. This guy said he was an architect and half the lights went out. loving architects.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Hoops posted:

I haven't seen a lot of Take Me Out, but surely they're all fed lines from the producers? It's Take Me Out.

I meant the difference between genuine contestants who will be assisted with prompts, etc and an bit part actor putting on an entire fake persona.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

ITV also makes a pile of money from their production company, ITV Studios, who make programmes for the BBC, Channel 4, 5 and various Sky channels; as well as their renting out their studio space at the London Television Studios and Granada/MegaCity. Which is something the BBC also do but won't after their stupid decision to sell off Television Centre.

I always got the impression that ITV were quite good at making money but they were really really poo poo at keeping it.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Shelf Adventure posted:

I watched a bit of it a while ago. This guy said he was an architect and half the lights went out. loving architects.

Yeah the girls are so randomly judgemental it's hilarious. Some guy makes a joke about his mate on the video and BAM, blackout. Feel kinda bad for the guys who get no date at all and the girls get to sing "All By Myself" like they're mocking him. Sad, and also amusing.

Irisi posted:

Wait, what? What soul-less husk of a person doesn't like Surprise Surprise? It's the most heartwarming thing I've ever seen. Just random nice people being rewarded for being nice.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Despite not being bothered enough to release it on DVD themselves, the BBC compliance dept have enforced some cuts on the Fist of Fun Series 2 DVD that Go Faster Stripe are releasing.

What a bunch of twats.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Blue Screen Error posted:

Despite not being bothered enough to release it on DVD themselves, the BBC compliance dept have enforced some cuts on the Fist of Fun Series 2 DVD that Go Faster Stripe are releasing.

What a bunch of twats.

What arseholes. Hope Richard Herring will talk about it on RHLSTP tomorrow

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Xachariah posted:

Yeah the girls are so randomly judgemental it's hilarious. Some guy makes a joke about his mate on the video and BAM, blackout. Feel kinda bad for the guys who get no date at all and the girls get to sing "All By Myself" like they're mocking him. Sad, and also amusing.

Saw an episode and in the video the guy's relative mentioned that he enjoyed taking baths. Which was enough for him to lose any lights he had left.

I can't understand why someone enjoying baths was a deal breaker :psyduck:.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

onoflalks posted:

What arseholes. Hope Richard Herring will talk about it on RHLSTP tomorrow

The worse news is that having to go through BBC compliance means there is now basically no chance of This Morning With Richard Not Judy ever seeing the light of day on DVD.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Geokinesis posted:

Saw an episode and in the video the guy's relative mentioned that he enjoyed taking baths. Which was enough for him to lose any lights he had left.

I like it when a guy mentions he's friends with a woman who's not in his family in the VT and half his lights go out

Blue Screen Error posted:

The worse news is that having to go through BBC compliance means there is now basically no chance of This Morning With Richard Not Judy ever seeing the light of day on DVD.

poo poo. I bloody love that. Histor's Eye is absolutely hilarious.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Geokinesis posted:

I'll bet it's not the thing they're saying, but the tone of voice, or the expression they have whilst they're saying it.

Sometimes a perfectly innocuous word like "bath" or "delightful" or "kitten" can be rendered very creepy or odd by non-verbal signals and it's enough for a girls' brain to just go "Nope!" and smack that little light off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

le chat
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl
women are just really vapid imo