Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
That looks suspiciously exactly like the Liverpool one that leaked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Its fake i'm afraid.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Bah, beaten to the "it's fake" punch.

Particularly silly to do it for Tevez who, infamously, has a very complicated contractual setup.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
My favourite part is the £24 FA fine.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Hey everybody I figured you could use a big old dose of Zlatan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0fChS-Zc_I

Numbers 11, 19, 21, 25, 29 are all great.

I also love the celebration in 8.

Also 12 is pretty much a perfect penalty.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

trem_two posted:

Dynamo Moscow - Zenit had to be abandoned today when the Dynamo keeper was tear gassed from the crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNNR0WwbY9k

So apparently they think that the firecrackers and flares in question here were smuggled in via the Vagina Highway. Or maybe the Anal Underpass. :shrug:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

That looks like a weird photoshop.

All Of The Dicks
Apr 7, 2012

The Mash posted:

If I had a lot of money the first thing I'd do is find out who does Beckham's wardrobe because drat

A tailor.

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

quote:

Fans enjoyed a brilliant day on Sunday as former greats and current heroes returned to Meadow Lane for Legends Day.

They were able to meet players such as Jackie Sewell, Tommy Johnson, Ian McParland, Michael Johnson, Brian Stubbs and Phil Turner, whilst the First Team squad were also in attendance posing for pictures and signing autographs.

The match was kicked off by former England international Sewell and finished 3-1 with goals from Tommy Johnson (2) and Dean Thomas, whilst Mark Stallard scored at the other end and Playwright and Notts fan Billy Ivory blazed a penalty over!

Arguably the funniest highlight of the game was when legendary commentator Colin Slater popped up at the back-post to interview goalkeeper Darren Ward during the game!

After the final whistle, a giant inflatable screen was constructed on the pitch as supporters stayed behind to watch a feature-length production named 'Notts County The Movie'.

The club would like to thank all the supporters for coming, all the legends and current players for taking time out to attend and a big thank you to record goalscorer Les Bradd for organising.

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/gallery-legends-day-494586.aspx

:) this owns, les bradd owns, tommy johnson owns, being the oldest league club in the world owns, everything owns

More than anything I just hope they release the movie on DVD :3

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Pravda means truth in Russian, so this story must be true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qQ22b33HF4

http://english.pravda.ru/news/hotspots/19-11-2012/122842-football_zenit_condoms-0/

quote:

On November 17, the fans of the St. Petersburg club started to use pyrotechnics during the game. They threw firecrackers on the field. One of them exploded near the goalkeeper of the Moscow team, Anton Shunin.

Law-enforcement officials said that it was female fans who threw the firecrackers on the football field. Moreover, the women managed to bring the firecrackers to the stadium inside their bodies. In one of the women's restrooms of the stadium, there were about 20 condoms found, in which, according to law enforcement officials, the women carried the firecrackers.

Earlier it was reported that all Zenit fans, who were arrested after the incident, were released. They all have already returned to St. Petersburg. Three female fans have been released as well. Surveillance cameras have not captured the moment when firecrackers were thrown, and police officers could not identify the perpetrator.

The injured goalkeeper, Anton Shunina, was taken to hospital, where the football player was diagnosed with a chemical burn of the cornea, eyelids and conjunctivas of both eyes. The man also suffered post-traumatic otitis of the right ear with hearing loss. Doctors advised goalkeeper should refrain from training for 10 days.

Also...

Have you ever discovered that people who you thought were your friends weren't really your friends?

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 19, 2012

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
This was just posted on the official Edin Dzeko facebook page, the wonderful work of art is entitled 'Edin & David' :v:

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
stoke upgrading from rugby to american football:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Soup and a Sandwich posted:

stoke upgrading from rugby to american football:

(One of) the Secret Footballer's talked about this before, and how in any given week in training they might get a dossier on their opposite number + the substitute, with things like how often they like to go to the byline versus cut inside, or which foot they favour, or if they can be pressured to play a square ball across the pitch or whatever. The point of it being that football might look anarchic, but there is tonnes of work done in the background in smaller tactical decisions.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
It also helps when someone sets a pick for you.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

(One of) the Secret Footballer's talked about this before, and how in any given week in training they might get a dossier on their opposite number + the substitute, with things like how often they like to go to the byline versus cut inside, or which foot they favour, or if they can be pressured to play a square ball across the pitch or whatever. The point of it being that football might look anarchic, but there is tonnes of work done in the background in smaller tactical decisions.

Yeah that's something I bring up when people say "oh footballers only train half a day then they go home" or whatever. Yeah, they might only be on the training pitch in the morning, but around that they're studying tactics and the opposition etc. It's also why they can't all be dumb as poo poo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

Unless Steve Bruce manages your team in which case you don't practice set pieces in case someone gets injured

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long

EvilHawk posted:

Yeah that's something I bring up when people say "oh footballers only train half a day then they go home" or whatever. Yeah, they might only be on the training pitch in the morning, but around that they're studying tactics and the opposition etc. It's also why they can't all be dumb as poo poo.

They don't really need to think for themselves though, which does suggest that they can be thick as poo poo.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

luvd posted:

They don't really need to think for themselves though, which does suggest that they can be thick as poo poo.

I'd argue that once they're on the pitch they need the intelligence to adapt those plans to the situation. Kind of similar (but really not) to people in the military etc, you can rote learn plans but you need to be able to think on your feet when things happen to affect them.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

TheGoatFeeder posted:

This was just posted on the official Edin Dzeko facebook page, the wonderful work of art is entitled 'Edin & David' :v:

you know the person who drew that has written fan-fic about what happens in the locker room after games

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
Cool graph of the different passing stats in the EPL 11/12 season.

Grabbed it here if you wondered how it was calculated.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

His criteria for "wide play" includes the number of times the full-backs touch the ball in the final third. That doesn't really mean anything and I'm not sure if it tallies with the conventional idea of "wide" play, which should encompass only the other criterion included: crosses as a percentage of passes.

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

EvilHawk posted:

I'd argue that once they're on the pitch they need the intelligence to adapt those plans to the situation. Kind of similar (but really not) to people in the military etc, you can rote learn plans but you need to be able to think on your feet when things happen to affect them.

Most of the time it is fairly scripted though. It's why people like Mourinho like disciplined and experienced players.

If the ball is here, and my player is there I should be *there*.

This player likes to do *this* so I'll do *this*.

But yeah there are times when it'll be something out of the blue totally and then you'll get Zlatan doing something amazing.

Of course you get players like Xavi, Iniesta et al who aren't really bound by this.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

luvd posted:

If the ball is here, and my player is there I should be *there*.

This player likes to do *this* so I'll do *this*.

I think this is something that it's really hard to properly appreciate as a spectator. A huge amount of the things you see a top team doing are incredibly mechanical moves that get drilled into them. I remember reading a column (the Secret Footballer maybe?) saying that when a player gets jeered for passing to the middle of nowhere, often enough the fault actually lies with another player on his team not being where he should be to receive the ball.

It's why people like Assou-Ekotto complain that being a top level footballer is often pretty boring.

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

peanut- posted:

I think this is something that it's really hard to properly appreciate as a spectator. A huge amount of the things you see a top team doing are incredibly mechanical moves that get drilled into them. I remember reading a column (the Secret Footballer maybe?) saying that when a player gets jeered for passing to the middle of nowhere, often enough the fault actually lies with another player on his team not being where he should be to receive the ball.

It's why people like Assou-Ekotto complain that being a top level footballer is often pretty boring.

100%. It's why the mental aspect of the game is frequently overlooked. Players need to be able to have superb focus.

Brighterday
Jun 25, 2005

luvd posted:

100%. It's why the mental aspect of the game is frequently overlooked. Players need to be able to have superb focus.

http://espnfc.com/en/news/1071240/beautiful-game-beautiful-mind-.html

Good article on Rooney posted here a few months back

Rooney posted:

"I think, I suppose," says Rooney, when asked about his precocious genius, "when you are younger, you're always …you're a bit more advanced than the kids your age, so there are times on the pitch where you can see different things, but they can't obviously see it. So then it's like you get annoyed, but they are not obviously …It's like you said before. They can't calculate. I suppose it's like when you play snooker, you're always thinking three or four shots down the line. I suppose with football, it's like that. You've got to think three or four passes where the ball is going to come to down the line. And I think the very best footballers, they're able to see that before ... Much quicker than a lot of other footballers. So ..."

"What people don't realize is that it's obviously a physical game, but after the game, mentally, you're tired as well," he says. "Your mind has been through so much. There's so many decisions you have to make through your head. And then you're trying to calculate other people's decisions as well. It's probably more mentally tiring than physically, to be honest."

Knoddus
Oct 30, 2007
Born in a crossfire hurricane

TyChan posted:

Have you ever discovered that people who you thought were your friends weren't really your friends?

This reminds me of the teammates-interview with Glen Johnson when he rips on Enriques intellect and the way he dresses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soF54EXOEQk&t=69s

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
So you can run into Ronaldo (the real Ronaldo, gently caress off) on Chatroulette, pretty gnarly!

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/bizarre-a-group-of-irish-lads-meet-the-real-ronaldo-on-chatroulette-com/

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Weaponized Cum posted:

So you can run into Ronaldo (the real Ronaldo, gently caress off) on Chatroulette, pretty gnarly!

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/bizarre-a-group-of-irish-lads-meet-the-real-ronaldo-on-chatroulette-com/

I liked how they specified it was fat Ronaldo. As if there is another Ronaldo.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

Weaponized Cum posted:

I love that they call him 'Fat Ronaldo'.

edit: COMMENT TWINSIES

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Knoddus posted:

This reminds me of the teammates-interview with Glen Johnson when he rips on Enriques intellect and the way he dresses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soF54EXOEQk&t=69s

loving brilliant, i'm dying here

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?
I can't tell if Ronaldo is bored, can't figure out how to close the window or just really annoyed at being yelled at by a bunch of dudes.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I don't think it's him. Have you seen pictures of Ronaldo recently? He's waaaay fatter than that.

mrg220t
Mar 5, 2007

Kitty no go hungry again with finger food!!!
Could be just one of those troll gifs that people like to use for chatroulette.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?
He's about this fat now it seems:

http://youtu.be/lb-tr6gYKx0

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Sergio Aguero topped the times for that Puma F1 simulator challenge so his prize is... a race off in the real world against Nico Rosberg!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnXRk73Wo-Y&hd=1

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Has this

been posted?

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
The worst free kick ever

http://youtu.be/2vFNc3ZzEZQ

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Pissflaps posted:

Has this

been posted?

In case anyone is curious about the reference here, I'm pretty sure it's from this.

Aurelio De Laurentiis posted:

With several Napoli players attracting interest from English clubs, the Serie A side risk having their season ruined by high-profile departures next month – a situation which prompted De Laurentiis' remarkable rant.

"If they want to go to England then in the end they're going to go" he said. "But they need to understand this: the English live badly, eat badly and their women do not wash their genitalia. To them, a bidet is a mystery."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
It's a weird thing because in that part of the world the toilet is often just a hole in the floor.

• Locked thread