Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Hobo Siege posted:

If things pan out the way they did with the Wii, that just isn't going to happen. There needs to be a significant audience ready and waiting to buy core titles before anyone goes through all the effort of making a severe downport. I worry that Nintendo may have shot themselves in the foot both in the short AND long terms this time.

There won't be any "severe downports" this time around, though. Even the most optimistic, pie-in-the-sky rumours about what the other next-gen consoles can do aren't really that impressive compared to your average gaming PC and absolutely don't put them outside of the realm of what the Wii U can do. The Wii U versions will be uglier, sure, but they won't be completely different games running on different engines a la Wii ports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Is it weird one of the biggest things driving the purchase of my Wii U is the hope that Nintendo jumps hard on the HD remake bandwagon? I actually skipped most of Nintendo's Wii titles because I find 480p to be such a drat bummer I thought "I'll just wait until they re-release these for the next system."

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
So there's no ZombiU thread, and I have questions:

- Do the enemies respawn when you die and go to recover your body?
- I've heard that there is a mechanic for invading your friends' world, a la Dark Souls. Is this true? How does it work?
- Is the game as fun and scary as the gameplay videos make it seem?

I was convinced I could hold off on buying the system until some other games came our but ZombiU is pushing me over the edge.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

So I was looking at Miiverse and I noticed the best little detail: If you end a Miiverse post in ellipses, the "YEAH!" button for that post becomes a "Yeah..." button, to better approximate what the Yeah signifies.

I noticed it did that when someone was asking if anyone else had some issue. Goddamned sorcery. Nintendo needs to license that to Facebook and make trillions, avoid that whole hitting-like-on-my-dad-just-died-of-cancer posts thing.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

evilalien posted:

Optical only supports 2.1 LPCM. He was specifically talking about 5.1 LPCM I have to assume which only newer receivers would support as it is HDMI specific.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=5557&seq=1&format=2#description

My switch supports 5.1 LPCM just fine from what I understand.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
I love how the download estimation timer starts out really loving terrifying and then gets down to realistic.

Started downloading Little Inferno:
9 HOURS...2 HOURS 45 MINUTES...1 HOUR 30 MINUTES...2 HOURS 15 MINUTES...9 minutes.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Boten Anna posted:

I noticed it did that when someone was asking if anyone else had some issue. Goddamned sorcery. Nintendo needs to license that to Facebook and make trillions, avoid that whole hitting-like-on-my-dad-just-died-of-cancer posts thing.

Just about every "Like" button implementation other than Facebook's is better than the one on Facebook. For instance, Battlefield 3's Battlelog wall has a "Hooah!" button which is superior for obvious reasons.

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!
A lot of people in this thread seem to be forgetting that the most successful console of all time had the weakest specifications of its generation. Did not seem to stop it from garnering what is still considered the best and largest 3rd party library to this day as well as the crown for that generation if not all generations so far.

Unless the next generation comes out with a leap that is 2-3 times the power we are seeing now and soon we are most likely looking at a repeat of the sixth generation in that there wont be that much between them and it will largely come down to library and third party support.

If Nintendo can get in early and encourage 3rd party development and really slam it for the next year or so it could really go there way.

Or Microsoft and Sony could release their next gen units next year and turn the WiiU into the Wii all over again, who knows.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There won't be any "severe downports" this time around, though. Even the most optimistic, pie-in-the-sky rumours about what the other next-gen consoles can do aren't really that impressive compared to your average gaming PC and absolutely don't put them outside of the realm of what the Wii U can do. The Wii U versions will be uglier, sure, but they won't be completely different games running on different engines a la Wii ports.

I'm quite interested in reading those pie in the sky rumors. Especially since 1 gig of ram on a console means a very different amount of useful resources than 1 gig of ram on a PC.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Just about every "Like" button implementation other than Facebook's is better than the one on Facebook. For instance, Battlefield 3's Battlelog wall has a "Hooah!" button which is superior for obvious reasons.

I'm basically going to start commenting "Yeah!" on all my friends posts instead of clicking like on Facebook.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm quite interested in reading those pie in the sky rumors. Especially since 1 gig of ram on a console means a very different amount of useful resources than 1 gig of ram on a PC.

http://techreport.com/news/22366/rumor-xbox-720-to-have-radeon-hd-6670-class-gpu This is the kind of thing he's talking about I think. The 6670 is weaker than my mid range computer's 6870 :v:

netBuff
Nov 7, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

flyboi posted:

My receiver is 11 years old and supports lpcm just fine. All I had to do was run an optical cable from a hdmi splitter. I wouldn't consider mine newer.

You will only get digital surround with the Wii U using 6 channel PCM, which can only be transmitted via HDMI. Any TOSLINK ports on TVs, AV receivers and switches will only be able to output stereo sound (maybe with Dolby Pro Logic 2) as Nintendo hasn't licensed Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS - encoders which would be necessary to transmit digital surround via TOSLINK or Coaxial cable.

TL;DR: No, you are not getting surround using such a switch (or any other switch) via optical.

The Glumslinger posted:

You are right: On PCs with capable graphics cards, graphics memory and system memory are separated, while the Wii U is combining them both into a single, very slow and pretty small pool.

netBuff fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Nov 20, 2012

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

No, it doesn't. Like I said, optical is not capable of carrying anything more than 2.1 LPCM.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Dismissing what the next Xbox and Playstation will be capable of risks falling into the trap of assuming current technology is as good as it gets or that today's gameplay wouldn't benefit from additional processing power, which is an assumption that typically comes off as amusingly naive in retrospect.

To me, the Wii U has an air of sadness about it because it feels like the last or near-last major console from Nintendo before becoming a software developer. They're an underdog among a group of large, established competitors, trying to compete in the typical multiplatform market that Sony and Microsoft dominate as well as the casual mobile market that Apple dominates. Nintendo's too small and incompetent to pull this off.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
For anyone complaining about the Wii U not having optical out:

My receiver is a very old Onkyo that has optical in but no HDMI. My plasma TV, and many flat screen TVs, have optical out on them. You might not even know it's there. It will take the HDMI signal going to your TV and output optical to your receiver.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

EC posted:

So there's no ZombiU thread, and I have questions:

- Do the enemies respawn when you die and go to recover your body?
- I've heard that there is a mechanic for invading your friends' world, a la Dark Souls. Is this true? How does it work?
- Is the game as fun and scary as the gameplay videos make it seem?

I was convinced I could hold off on buying the system until some other games came our but ZombiU is pushing me over the edge.

From what I've seen and heard from the giant bomb quick look:

- Up-and-about zombies do not respawn, but zombies laying around that might get up if you ignore them do as do zombies that spawn as part of a scripted event like getting on an elevator.
- It isn't so much an invasion as when you die you leave duplicate corpses in the same location in your friend's games so they can find find/kill/loot them as well. The more friends you have that die the more loot-laden fallen survivors you'll come across.
- Looks fun if you like janky first-person survival horror. There are moments of jump scares like zombies grabbing you in vents but otherwise I'd say it looks more tense than scary. Zombies are just too familiar to be very scary anymore they may as well just be angry normal people.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

The best part is when your browser starts beeping like mad as people goonrush your latest trinket. HOOAH! DICE are jerks and put a rate limit on HOOAHs a couple patches ago :(

netBuff
Nov 7, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

For anyone complaining about the Wii U not having optical out:

My receiver is a very old Onkyo that has optical in but no HDMI. My plasma TV, and many flat screen TVs, have optical out on them. You might not even know it's there. It will take the HDMI signal going to your TV and output optical to your receiver.

*facepalm*

As I've already written about 20 times: The Wii U not only doesn't have an optical out, it also doesn't support Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS. Which means any optical ports later in the chain won't be able to transmit digital 5.1 audio supplied by the Wii U in any way, shape or form.

Your receiver is being supplied a stereo signal (with Dolby Pro Logic 2) from your TV. In order to separate a usable 5.1 signal for TOSLINK from the HDMI signal, the console would have to encode the signal correctly.

I'm sure you were just trying to be helpful, but this "solution" has come up one to many times now ;)

netBuff fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 20, 2012

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!

Toady posted:

Dismissing what the next Xbox and Playstation will be capable of falls into the trap of assuming current technology is as good as it gets or that current technology wouldn't benefit from additional processing power, which is an assumption that typically comes off as amusingly naive in retrospect.

To me, the Wii U has an air of sadness about it because it feels like the last or near-last major console from Nintendo before becoming a software developer. They're an underdog among a group of large, established competitors, trying to compete in the typical multiplatform market that Sony and Microsoft dominate as well as the casual mobile market that Apple dominates. Nintendo's too small and incompetent to pull this off.

Oh look, its this again.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

insidius posted:

A lot of people in this thread seem to be forgetting that the most successful console of all time had the weakest specifications of its generation. Did not seem to stop it from garnering what is still considered the best and largest 3rd party library to this day as well as the crown for that generation if not all generations so far.

It's ironic that in order for this to be true Dreamcast can't be considered the same generation as the PS2.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There won't be any "severe downports" this time around, though.

Doubting that. Graphical fidelity may not see a traditionally massive jump this time, but the uptick in processing power is going to make all the difference. Try to imagine GTA 4 running on a PS2. You could fog things to hell and back, nerf the geometry and gut anything else you could care to think of, but physics and AI refinements ended up being be the stars of that game. Seriously, load up San Andreas and watch the NPCs, they're like wooden puppets by comparison.

Ask any developer and they'll tell you that current gen systems have been hindering overall game design just as much if not moreso than graphical fidelity. Next gen graphics might scale down to the U, but next gen game design almost certainly won't.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Toady posted:

Dismissing what the next Xbox and Playstation will be capable of falls into the trap of assuming current technology is as good as it gets or that today's gameplay wouldn't benefit from additional processing power, which is an assumption that typically comes off as amusingly naive in retrospect.

Lets not kid ourselves. Nintendo isn't really struggling that much for market mindshare. They did kinda sorta sell a hundred million Gamecube 1.5's despite not having the greatest third party support ever. It's a bit early into the Wii U's life to predict whether or not the system has legs. I fell into the same trap regarding the 3DS after it had a rough start, and now it's running circles around everything ever despite, once again, not really having the third party games I want to play and my own personal preferences shifting farther away from the Nintendo staples of Mario and Zelda (and then Metroid Other M doesn't give me faith that they are going to fix that franchise to my liking any time soon).

All Nintendo has to do is release a fresh Zelda/Mario/Kirby/Metroid/Smash, and that's practically money in the bank guaranteed. Millions will buy the Wii U because these games will EVENTUALLY make an appearance. Millions more will buy the system the moment these games release.

No other company in the market today, not ONE, has that sort of power over gamers. It's quite impressive.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

netBuff posted:

*facepalm*

As I've already written about 20 times: The Wii U not only doesn't have an optical out, it also doesn't support Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS. Which means any optical ports later in the chain won't be able to transmit digital 5.1 audio supplied by the Wii U in any way, shape or form.

Your receiver is being supplied a stereo signal (with Dolby Pro Logic 2) from your TV. In order to separate a usable 5.1 signal for TOSLINK from the HDMI signal, the console would have to encode the signal correctly.

I'm sure you were just trying to be helpful, but this "solution" has come up one to many times now ;)

Oh sorry, but I was trying to be helpful to people who thought they couldn't even get audio at all out of their system (the people hoping they could use the other port for the RCA audio jacks)

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Toady posted:

Dismissing what the next Xbox and Playstation will be capable of risks falling into the trap of assuming current technology is as good as it gets or that today's gameplay wouldn't benefit from additional processing power, which is an assumption that typically comes off as amusingly naive in retrospect.

We already have next gen consoles, they are called PCs. The next Xbox and PS isn't going to show us anything that we haven't already seen, they are just going to stand somewhere on the hierarchy with whatever PC you own (or don't own)

What you are really buying with a console, is access to exclusives. I didn't buy my WiiU because I thought it was the most powerful system on the planet, I bought it because I want access to the games that will only appear on it. I will buy the next Microsoft and Sony offerings for the same reason. Stuff that is available on everything, I will continue to buy and play on my PC which is more powerful (and will continue to be as I upgrade it) and cheaper (all hail Steam) Lets not kid our selves here, we are buying toys, pretending there is something greater or more noble to what you play videogames on is childish at best.

I do hope that Sony and MS crib from the WiiUs controller though, I really like this thing.

Underwhelmed fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 20, 2012

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!

kater posted:

It's ironic that in order for this to be true Dreamcast can't be considered the same generation as the PS2.

I dont ever really think of the dreamcast because it was basically DOA out here. Dont get me wrong though, I still have my original and I love it but I dont count consoles that died that early in their lifespan.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

netBuff posted:

Few TVs will support surround output from their audio output jacks even in the presence of a DD/DTS stream; typically the signal chain will copy the 2.0 stream that is headed to the TV speakers to the outputs except in the case of QAM decoding, where the DD signal is actually sent to the digital outputs. This is usually visible in the block diagram of your TV if your manual has it included.

netBuff
Nov 7, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

Oh sorry, but I was trying to be helpful to people who thought they couldn't even get audio at all out of their system (the people hoping they could use the other port for the RCA audio jacks)

Ah, I see. That makes more sense.

Unfortunately not a way around the fact that Nintendo didn't license the proper codecs :(

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

fivegears4reverse posted:

All Nintendo has to do is release a fresh Zelda/Mario/Kirby/Metroid/Smash, and that's practically money in the bank guaranteed. Millions will buy the Wii U because these games will EVENTUALLY make an appearance. Millions more will buy the system the moment these games release.

No other company in the market today, not ONE, has that sort of power over gamers. It's quite impressive.

I'm going to be gutted for saying this, but those properties don't matter as much anymore. Yes, they'll still sell systems, but third party developers have come a long, long loving way since the days of the SNES and N64. Nintendo are no longer the sole masters of their craft; that's why third party support is so important.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Republicans posted:

From what I've seen and heard from the giant bomb quick look:

- Up-and-about zombies do not respawn, but zombies laying around that might get up if you ignore them do as do zombies that spawn as part of a scripted event like getting on an elevator.
- It isn't so much an invasion as when you die you leave duplicate corpses in the same location in your friend's games so they can find find/kill/loot them as well. The more friends you have that die the more loot-laden fallen survivors you'll come across.
- Looks fun if you like janky first-person survival horror. There are moments of jump scares like zombies grabbing you in vents but otherwise I'd say it looks more tense than scary. Zombies are just too familiar to be very scary anymore they may as well just be angry normal people.

Thanks! I was hoping for more of a gently caress-your-friends-over MP system, but I'm still interested.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

fivegears4reverse posted:

Lets not kid ourselves. Nintendo isn't really struggling that much for market mindshare.

Nintendo has been posting losses all year, and they're selling systems at a loss which is unusual for them. Sony and Microsoft can afford to do this because they're huge companies with other sources of revenue.

quote:

That isn't necessarily true; for example, Skyward Sword's sales were below expectations. Nintendo can't coast on nostalgia from a certain segment of gamers and survive. Their once-comfortable position in mobile gaming was supplanted by smartphones, and they have practically no presence in the market of modern multiplatform console gaming. Wii U gives them an opportunity there, but it's so late that a lot of gamers who already have other systems have no reason to be passionate about this one.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Underwhelmed posted:

We already have next gen consoles, they are called PCs. The next Xbox and PS isn't going to show us anything that we haven't already seen, they are just going to stand somewhere on the hierarchy with whatever PC you own (or don't own)

PC gamers have been saying things like this for 20 years. :)

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Every time I think the internet has grown past the Console Wars and their reactionary, overhyped and frankly often bizarre responses to each developer, the childish retorts with a company's name or a mascot mixed into a slurry of swears and homophobic remarks, the thousands upon thousands of epitaphs written up by weary dweebs to be placed on a corporation's gravestone when the inevitable happens, a new system comes out and sets the internet's progression back about a decade.

In the last day I have read the words "Nintenyearold", "Nintendo Defense Force", "Homosexboxual" and "Sonyncompoops" more than any human being ever should have to. I can't stop reading NeoGAF and I don't know why, aside from my own innate and burning self-hatred. The HYSTERIA that's breaking out. The kneejerk disappointment to a console launch after seeing these same issues arise time and time again. It's FASCINATING now that I'm old enough to see it from the other end and realize how absolutely bonkers the internet gets over this poo poo. Jesus.

Like I'm not trying to make any weird passive-aggressive snipes about the arguing earlier in the thread, I just need to make a remark about how absolutely absurd gaming forums really are. I'm not going anywhere near Kotaku, though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

First time going back to the wii-u menu, first thing I see is "WHERE IS MOTHER 3 NINTENDO???"

Miiverse is going to be great.

nerdbot posted:

Every time I think the internet has grown past the Console Wars and their reactionary, overhyped and frankly often bizarre responses to each developer, the childish retorts with a company's name or a mascot mixed into a slurry of swears and homophobic remarks, the thousands upon thousands of epitaphs written up by weary dweebs to be placed on a corporation's gravestone when the inevitable happens, a new system comes out and sets the internet's progression back about a decade.

In the last day I have read the words "Nintenyearold", "Nintendo Defense Force", "Homosexboxual" and "Sonyncompoops" more than any human being ever should have to. I can't stop reading NeoGAF and I don't know why, aside from my own innate and burning self-hatred. The HYSTERIA that's breaking out. The kneejerk disappointment to a console launch after seeing these same issues arise time and time again. It's FASCINATING now that I'm old enough to see it from the other end and realize how absolutely bonkers the internet gets over this poo poo. Jesus.

It kind of sucks though, I wanna talk about games and the like in a lot of places but holy hell every time I try to bring it up somewhere online it's followed by some idiot shouting "LOL U MAD AT THE CONSOLE U MAD BLUNDER U MORE LIKE PC MASTER RACE XDD"

It's seriously one of the most obnoxious things, and it kills me knowing that if I was a little kid I'd probably be doing something similar to a console I hate.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Nov 20, 2012

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Toady posted:

To me, the NEW NINTENDO CONSOLE has an air of sadness about it because it feels like the last or near-last major console from Nintendo before becoming a software developer.

This really should be a banable phrase if for nothing else for how often it's been said and how wrong it's always been since, what, the gamecube?

nerdbot posted:

Console Wars/Gaming Forums

Amen. Watching people get angry to go out of their way to poo poo on a console they, by their own admittance, shouldn't care enough about to get that angry should be a national pasttime.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 20, 2012

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Toady posted:

If Nintendo became a third-party developer, what would their games be like? They'd no longer need to build them around their latest controller, or work with outdated hardware. Maybe they could make a Zelda game that brought as much to the table as A Link to the Past, rather than just using the same formula as A Link to the Past but with annoying touch screen/motion controls.

If they wanted a new Metroid Prime game, more powerful hardware would allow them to free themselves from the rooms connected with corridors design, and have a properly seamless world, with a greater focus on verticality. F-Zero was already in terrific hands with Sega, so the most likely reason they're not making a new one is because they don't think it would appeal to most WiiU owners.

Thankfully, Nintendo know what the gently caress they're doing when it comes to Kirby.

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!

Toady posted:

Nintendo has been posting losses all year, and they're selling systems at a loss which is unusual for them. Sony and Microsoft can afford to do this because they're huge companies with other sources of revenue.

Yes for the first time in Nintendo's history they are posting losses. Clearly they are doooomed.

Also please tell me more about how Sony has unlimited piles of money to throw at their console as they slowly go bankrupt, cut staff, cut investment, cut product lines and cling on to what little hope they have of remaining relevant in todays world.

Toady posted:

Wii U gives them an opportunity there, but it's so late that a lot of gamers who already have other systems have no reason to be passionate about this one.

However it is a perfectly acceptable machine for PC gamers like me who have no interest in buying consoles that will only get poorer versions of what I can already play on PC where they cost less, play better and look better.

This is why Nintendo for as long as they remain a business will have a place in my household where the other two do not. Im not interested in a console that is trying to be a mediacenter and contains unlimited rehashes of the lastest flavour of the month, I am interested in a machine that gives me enjoyable experiences focused on the primary reason I bought it (gaming) that I can not get on my PC.

Fatal
Jul 29, 2004

I'm gunna kill you BITCH!!!

Astro7x posted:

I pre-ordered Mario with Amazon, and they always stated a Wednesday delivery of the game.

Still call it botched, when was the last time you pre-ordered a game from Amazon and it didn't show up launch day? My assumption was that they would update the ship date as it grew closer, should have checked it over the weekend but still, 4 days after launch is a bit slow when you have Prime.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

nerdbot posted:

Like I'm not trying to make any weird passive-aggressive snipes about the arguing earlier in the thread, I just need to make a remark about how absolutely absurd gaming forums really are. I'm not going anywhere near Kotaku, though.

I think we all thought it had died because there wasn't anything to argue over for a long time. Now that there are new consoles, people have reasons to restart the old arguments with different evidence.

Bring back YCS and move this loving thread into it, seriously I feel like I'm back in middle school with kind of console warring going on

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 20, 2012

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
I hope all the new consoles are cool and release a bunch of good games. It would be difficult for me to care less about which individual console is more successful than another.

It's games. Let's play fun games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

You can even dislike a console at launch and then like it later. PS3 had a terrible start and was a huge ripoff at first, but then eventually they really turned the platform around and I bought one because why hold a grudge over loving video games?

• Locked thread