Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Kevar posted:

I once saw Bannon kick someone into the crowd because they were taking too long to actually stage dive (deer in headlights "What do I do now!?" look on their face). He always comes across as the nicest dude, but he does not gently caress around on stage.

I was right up front when they played here in LA and that dude's seriously loving awesome up close. So much energy at that show, not to mention the great sets that Nails and Torche had. I was going to buy a shirt from all three bands but only had enough for two (Nails and Torche).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
I'm seeing Converge on Monday. The wait is loving killing me, Converge (along with Mastodon and Priestess) was my first ever "real" show back like 6 or 7 years ago, and I haven't had a chance to see Converge since then. I cannot think of a more appropriate location than their home state on the last show of the tour to see Converge, oh my gently caress.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

ruddiger posted:

I was right up front when they played here in LA and that dude's seriously loving awesome up close. So much energy at that show, not to mention the great sets that Nails and Torche had. I was going to buy a shirt from all three bands but only had enough for two (Nails and Torche).

The whole band has insane energy. Every time I've seen them I've been terrified that Kurt was going to accidentally split my head open open. I was scared that Jake would hit me with the mic cord, but then it happened a bunch and it wasn't that bad.

The Converge/Mastodon/Priestess tour was the last time I saw them until their free show last year at the House of Vans. I didn't get to see them on the AWLWLB tour and I'm pissed/depressed.

I'm just glad I got to see them play a few small venues with small crowds. Being able to stand against the stage without getting crushed or shoved out of the way was awesome. Hell, I would even stage dive and get my spot back somehow.

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
Sorry to interrupt metalchat but why the gently caress did I wait until now to listen to Japandroids? Christ almighty.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Post-Nothing was really good, the new one was basically stadium rock.

edit: also i think it's weird to bitch about 'metalchat' in the punk thread then talk about Japandroids.

alg fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 14, 2012

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:

Angiepants posted:

Sorry to interrupt metalchat but why the gently caress did I wait until now to listen to Japandroids? Christ almighty.

So EDGY bro!

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

alg posted:

Post-Nothing was really good, the new one was basically stadium rock.

edit: also i think it's weird to bitch about 'metalchat' in the punk thread then talk about Japandroids.

Agreed. Seeing as the metalcore thread is mainly for generic melodic stuff metal and punk fans hate, Converge discussion in the hardcore thread is the next logical conclusion.

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
Wasn't bitching, chiming in with indie bullshit after all the Converge talk just seemed silly to me.

Angiepants fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Nov 14, 2012

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Was meant to see Refused tonight, but seeing as I work for a bunch of heartless piece of poo poo cuntguzzlers, I'm watching Refused are loving dead instead. :qq: x millions

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Some tour news for Aussies: https://www.facebook.com/events/177477892389966

Ho. Ly. poo poo.

Look at this tour. Look at this loving tour.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I was about to post that. It looks amazing (for those without Facebook, its
Descendents, Bouncing Souls, Frenzal Rhomb and Bodyjar).
There's also the Frank Turner/Dropkick Murphys double bill next year. Because putting English backpackers and fake Irish people together will work out so well.

I have no idea what's wrong with me. I didn't go to Refused or Touche Amore/Make Do and Mend the past two weeks.

baked
Apr 1, 2005

i took a little nap where the roots all twist; squished a rotten peach in my fist.

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Some tour news for Aussies: https://www.facebook.com/events/177477892389966

Ho. Ly. poo poo.

Look at this tour. Look at this loving tour.

I just creamed my pants. Holy poo poo.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

New hatebreed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=spvBHoHbVAY

Are these guys too popular for this thread? :confused:

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Kevar posted:

I once saw Bannon kick someone into the crowd because they were taking too long to actually stage dive (deer in headlights "What do I do now!?" look on their face). He always comes across as the nicest dude, but he does not gently caress around on stage.

Converge take their stage seriously :swoon: (I just like finding excuses to post this video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urlF9jrJ5O0&t=141s

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

I saw Converge stop a show mid song because security was pushing kids off the stage. They refused to continue until the security left.

Pretty cool.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

awesmoe posted:

Converge take their stage seriously :swoon: (I just like finding excuses to post this video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urlF9jrJ5O0&t=141s

I love this video and it can't be posted enough. Nate just hammering the security dude with his bass is hilarious.

Speaking of Converge, I can't believe they're playing a show with Pig Destroyer and there's probably a .001% I'll be able to go.

Kevar fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Nov 17, 2012

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Kevar posted:

Speaking of Converge, I can't believe they're playing a show with Pig Destroyer and there's probably a .001% I'll be able to go.

I saw that. gently caress is that going to be an amazing show for anyone who gets to go to it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Killsion posted:

I saw that. gently caress is that going to be an amazing show for anyone who gets to go to it.

God drat gently caress, yes it is.

EMZ998
Dec 11, 2007
x+x+
Any recommendations for groups that are like Joyce Manor? Groups that seem to be doing something different with the passionate / aggressive approach and still manage to be catchy as hell? These spotify recommendations of Seahaven and Tigers Jaw just arn't cutting it.

I'm looking for new things to listen to that are actually new because no matter how much I like Bomb the Music Industry or AJJ I feel like I discovered them YEARS ago. I really dig the Burger Records garage sounding people. King Tuff, Hunx and his Punx, Nobunny. Hit me with some cool stuff guys!

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

EMZ998 posted:

Any recommendations for groups that are like Joyce Manor? Groups that seem to be doing something different with the passionate / aggressive approach and still manage to be catchy as hell? These spotify recommendations of Seahaven and Tigers Jaw just arn't cutting it.

I'm looking for new things to listen to that are actually new because no matter how much I like Bomb the Music Industry or AJJ I feel like I discovered them YEARS ago. I really dig the Burger Records garage sounding people. King Tuff, Hunx and his Punx, Nobunny. Hit me with some cool stuff guys!

Have you tried Spraynard -Funtitled?

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

EMZ998 posted:

Spraynard, Basement, Touche Amore, Dikembe, Balance and Composure, Mixtapes, Glocca Morra, Daytrader, Mean Jeans, Kite Party

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I've been listening to a lot of the music I liked when I was a teenager lately for some reason and now I'm wondering if there are any contemporary groups making music that sounds like old Sunny Day Real Estate, The Get Up Kids (pre-keyboard), Mineral, Christie Front Drive, old Cursive etc, mainly Sunny Day though. I don't want to use the dirty 'e' word and there's so many terrible groups that cite these bands as influential that it's making it really hard to find anything new.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

So this was from a billion pages back, but I would like to thank the guy that posted the link to Apart's "Graylight". Your band loving owns.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

EMZ998 posted:

Pentimento just released an album for free because Panic Records are dickbags. Not sure if the vocals will hit the right aggressive point for you, but I've been jocking this hard since it came out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzCUVvtBNPM

GHOSTBONER
Jan 23, 2008

this isn't shoegaze
this is suicide

EMZ998 posted:

I don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for but I've really been digging Gnarwolves lately.

As for Burger stuff Fidlar seems pretty rad.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Oh shiiiiit I didn't realize Touché Amore and Pianos Become the Teeth are doing a split.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Oh shiiiiit I didn't realize Touché Amore and Pianos Become the Teeth are doing a split.

It was only announced today. Of course, by announced I mean each band posted a picture on twitter and everyone assumes it means they're doing a split. Which is definitely the case and is going to be awesome. Their tour together last year was so much fun.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Kevar posted:

It was only announced today. Of course, by announced I mean each band posted a picture on twitter and everyone assumes it means they're doing a split. Which is definitely the case and is going to be awesome. Their tour together last year was so much fun.

Yeah, I seem to remember seeing an interview with Jeremy where he said they'd really like to do a split with PBTT as well

Has to be a split

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
poo poo that's awesome.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
I have to miss the PBTT/Single Mothers show next week (as well as the Dads show the same day). Now that I have a job and can afford to drive out to CT for shows I don't have the time to do so and it's pretty much bullshit.

I saw TA twice and PBTT three times last year, but it's been awhile and I'm almost too old to stage dive so I need to get as much of that poo poo in as I can.

I wonder what label the split will be on. Not that it really matters, I just like giving my money to Topshelf.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
So before Masked Intruder played and rocked the little bar to pieces and the fake cop got naked on stage, this band Bent Left played. They were loving awesome. Anyone who's ever liked the Alkaline Trio should absolutely check these guys out (reverbnation) before their tour is done. I got their album Fabrege and it's been on infinite repeat since I regained hearing on Sunday.

edit better video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcnlSzWeQdg

scuz fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 21, 2012

Bulletproof Tiger
Nov 2, 2010
Holy poo poo, PBTT/TA split is going to be great, I saw them on tour last year and they both owned. Honest Sleep and I'll Get By were both amazing to see live, especially Honest Sleep, with the whole crowd screaming the ending and just going loving crazy.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
New Normal owned, can't wait for this new song(s).

Swim Good
Nov 9, 2012

Ariza posted:

I've been listening to a lot of the music I liked when I was a teenager lately for some reason and now I'm wondering if there are any contemporary groups making music that sounds like old Sunny Day Real Estate, The Get Up Kids (pre-keyboard), Mineral, Christie Front Drive, old Cursive etc, mainly Sunny Day though. I don't want to use the dirty 'e' word and there's so many terrible groups that cite these bands as influential that it's making it really hard to find anything new.

Not an exact analogue but http://pitysex.bandcamp.com/ would probably be up your alley.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Bulletproof Tiger posted:

Holy poo poo, PBTT/TA split is going to be great, I saw them on tour last year and they both owned. Honest Sleep and I'll Get By were both amazing to see live, especially Honest Sleep, with the whole crowd screaming the ending and just going loving crazy.

The end of Honest Sleep is always ridiculous, probably the craziest pile ons I've seen outside of the beginning of Bane's "Can We Start Again"

I'm actually nervous to hear new PBTT songs. The Lack Long After is just THAT loving good. Seriously one of the most powerful albums I've heard in a long time. It's actually emotionally exhausting to listen to. When I saw them with TA it was right after TLLA came out so not everyone was completely into it when they closed with "I'll Get By" (I jumped off a monitor to get close enough to scream a few lines, because I'm that guy). A few months later I saw them and everyone went crazy when they closed with it. It's not the kind of song you'd expect people to go nuts for when you're listening to it, but when you see it happen it makes so much sense.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Kevar posted:

The end of Honest Sleep is always ridiculous, probably the craziest pile ons I've seen outside of the beginning of Bane's "Can We Start Again"

I'm actually nervous to hear new PBTT songs. The Lack Long After is just THAT loving good. Seriously one of the most powerful albums I've heard in a long time. It's actually emotionally exhausting to listen to. When I saw them with TA it was right after TLLA came out so not everyone was completely into it when they closed with "I'll Get By" (I jumped off a monitor to get close enough to scream a few lines, because I'm that guy). A few months later I saw them and everyone went crazy when they closed with it. It's not the kind of song you'd expect people to go nuts for when you're listening to it, but when you see it happen it makes so much sense.

The end of I'll Deserve Just That on the TA/LD split does it for me, but yeah I really gotta see Honest Sleep live sometime.

And I'll Get By loving slays me every time, but that's the case with a lot of Pianos songs

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

This Voight-Kampff tape is really good dark/post punk.

http://soundcloud.com/voight-kampff-band

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
For anyone around NYC my bands Devil's Hand and Unholy Thoughts are playing The Acheron tomorrow night with Belgrado from Spain (great band) and Perdition and Anasazi so you should come hang out

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2KTtWBEGrU
I don't know if anyone in this thread cares about Circle Takes The Square, but they posted a new song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Friends Are Evil posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2KTtWBEGrU
I don't know if anyone in this thread cares about Circle Takes The Square, but they posted a new song.

I care about CTTS, and this song loving rules.