Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Found this super early in the morning, playing around with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
A few I've liked from this year:

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.

RangerScum posted:

A few I've liked from this year:

What app is this?

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
They were all taken using Instagram on a Motorola Droid 4.

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Vint BW on iPhone 5

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.
Whoa, Vint BW is still chugging along? Man that's an app that just won't quit, I don't think it has been updated in 3 years. The file system part of it quit working a few iOS versions ago but you can still give photos the Vint look by using it on a generation 1 iPad since it doesn't have a camera so Vint looks to open files on startup.

Only nofinder and Streetmate come close to the Vint "look", I'd like to see it come back.

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

ThisQuietReverie posted:

Whoa, Vint BW is still chugging along? Man that's an app that just won't quit, I don't think it has been updated in 3 years. The file system part of it quit working a few iOS versions ago but you can still give photos the Vint look by using it on a generation 1 iPad since it doesn't have a camera so Vint looks to open files on startup.

Only nofinder and Streetmate come close to the Vint "look", I'd like to see it come back.

I really like vint, and I like not being able to import or edit photos with it. Does a fantastic job.

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!

View from work. by Clwn, on Flickr

I had to put the horizon toward the middle of the frame as I was getting horrible distortion at the edges.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
I have way too much fun with my camera phone now.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
I thought camera phones were so lame, until I had my own. It really is a fun thing to play around with, and especially great in a place you're not allowed to use a regular camera.

Some recent ones:

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Taken using my Droid X and a cheap telescope that's at least 12 years old because the box has a Bradlees sticker on it.

The loving Moon

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!

Docklands and o2 Arena Panorama. by Clwn, on Flickr

I swear my phone only takes good pictures of sunsets.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

These are loving incredible.

IMG_1477 by lwmyers, on Flickr

Malaleb
Dec 1, 2008
Finally got a smartphone about a month ago, and I've been having a lot of fun messing around with Hipstamatic. Just picked up the Salvador 84 lens. Gimmicky? Absolutely. But fun.

Double Ducks by malaleb1, on Flickr

Cross Creek by malaleb1, on Flickr

Bohemian Club. by malaleb1, on Flickr

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Here's a thing if you're Instagram mad

http://printstagr.am/calendar

365 of your photos bound into a calendar for 2013 (or just 365 bound photos if you don't want a date printing on them)

Happyfacecrazy
Jul 30, 2010

Soft Kitty...
Warm Kitty...
Little Ball of Fur.
Happy Kitty...
Sleepy Kitty...
Purr, Purr, Purrr.
Joined Instagram recently so taking lots of pictures to test it out.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Instagram owns

:3:

nervana
Dec 9, 2010

Clown posted:

Docklands and o2 Arena Panorama. by Clwn, on Flickr

I swear my phone only takes good pictures of sunsets.

:holy: this photo is probably as good as those taken by point and shoots.

what android app did you use to take this picture?

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!
The normal camera app :)
I stitched it on the laptop with Hugin and processed it a bit with Lightroom.

Man_alive
May 6, 2007

<Insert Witty Phrase Here>
I notice a lot of people here are using Instagram. (Rufus83 for those looking to follow someone). How are you using the app? Are you taking photos in-app, or are you taking photos with the normal camera app and then hitting the photo with Instagram after editing it a little on the phone?

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Man_alive posted:

I notice a lot of people here are using Instagram. (Rufus83 for those looking to follow someone). How are you using the app? Are you taking photos in-app, or are you taking photos with the normal camera app and then hitting the photo with Instagram after editing it a little on the phone?

I just use the app.

Happyfacecrazy
Jul 30, 2010

Soft Kitty...
Warm Kitty...
Little Ball of Fur.
Happy Kitty...
Sleepy Kitty...
Purr, Purr, Purrr.

Man_alive posted:

I usually just take photos with the default camera app on my mobile and then edit it with one of the editing apps or Instagram's own filters before uploading to Instagram etc. (I'm Heyimneise for anyone looking to follow some people)

What apps are people using in conjunction with Instagram or what are some good photo editing apps in general?

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!
If I'm Instagramming, I'll just use the camera in it's app. I also cheat and post my DSLR photos there too.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Happyfacecrazy posted:

What apps are people using in conjunction with Instagram or what are some good photo editing apps in general?
Pixlr-o-matic, Pixlr Express and Perfectly Clear if you're using Android. For the iPhone, Snapseed is really good, and there are also tons of great camera apps like Hipstamatic.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Happyfacecrazy posted:

I usually just take photos with the default camera app on my mobile and then edit it with one of the editing apps or Instagram's own filters before uploading to Instagram etc. (I'm Heyimneise for anyone looking to follow some people)

Hipstamatic
Snapseed
Colorblast
Glaze
Perfectly Clear

Lord Rupert
Dec 28, 2007

Neither seen, nor heard
Staring off I just completely Instagramed it up. I have wizened up and since been using Magic Hour or SlowShutter for taking and editing pictures, and just spamming it up on Instagram.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
Me and the wife went on vacation (well, it was a business trip for my wife, but I was on vacation), 8 days in Ireland, 4 days in Rome. I went all geared-up with my dSLR, but honestly I took almost as many photos with my phone. I got into instagramming poo poo in a big way.

Everything shot with the iphone camera, and edited in Snapseed. Afterglow is another app I've used a bit lately, but I still stick with Snapseed, mostly.

Dublin

Train Station Guys. I swear, I thought I was sneaky; it wasn't until I saw this on a monitor that I realized that guy totally saw me doing this...and smiled anyway.

Obelisco della Minerva

Pantheon

Pantheon Oculus

Chiesa Del Gesu

Rome Alley

Vatican Museum, Spiral Staircase

Rome Street

Plane Guy

Pantheon

Sunset

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.
Oddly, plane guy is the best photo.

When I was in Rome, the Circus Maximus was probably the biggest disappointment. It sounds awesome, but it's practically a plain field.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

jackpot posted:

Everything shot with the iPhone camera, and edited in Snapseed. Afterglow is another app I've used a bit lately, but I still stick with Snapseed, mostly.

Wow, this is perfect for me. Thanks for mentioning it, I didn't really click with Snapseed but this is fantastic!

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Pantheon is a trip, Rome, Amalfi coast and Naples are some of my favorite places on earth.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

Chuck Bartowski posted:

Wow, this is perfect for me. Thanks for mentioning it, I didn't really click with Snapseed but this is fantastic!
Afterglow gives you an amazing amount of control, with better built-in filters, but for some reason I get better results with snapseed; I need to spend more time with afterglow. I'm just happy to finally have apps that let you straighten more exactly than at 45 degree angles, that used to drive me nuts.

HPL posted:

Oddly, plane guy is the best photo.
I'm partial to the first one, with those zig-zagging lights, but yeah, that guy is one of my favorites. So glad he didn't catch me doing that; it would've made for one damned awkward six-hour plane ride.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

Ropes4u posted:

Pantheon is a trip, Rome, Amalfi coast and Naples are some of my favorite places on earth.
Rome is awesome but after a while it gets to be a bit much with the sirens going 24/7 and the crowds and all that. I had a lot of fun in Florence.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.
At the Natural History Museum in London.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.
Hipstamatic's magazine, Snap is available for iPhones now. It's a pretty good read because they have lots of nice photos and they list what components the photographer used so you can get a good idea of what certain lenses, films or whatever can do.

One thing I really wish Hipstamatic would do is have an option to lock focus at infinity like it used to. There are so many times I want to take a photo and the camera either is still focusing or starts refocusing and I miss the shot.

HPL fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 2, 2012

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I'm a little disappointed and what appears to be a combination of uncorrected barrel distortion and a crooked building that has been blown up a few times, but the Motorola Droid X actually did the scene justice.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6853117/look-at-this-instagram-nickelback-parody

Lollin' IRL.

SoundMonkey fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Dec 5, 2012

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Snowy Day by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

A few minutes blue sky... by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 5, 2012

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

Goddamnit, that's me, "old doors." I do pretty well avoiding all the rest of it, but I'm a sucker for old doors.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

Came here to post this, I've had a busy day.

I totally lost it when they were talking about taking pictures of feet to make people jealous they are not at the beach. I have a friend who seems to do that almost everyday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widunder
May 2, 2002
Winter came around