Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a seraph vendor anywhere in the Torgue DLC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Are we going to have to farm to have enough tokens for a vending machine orange? I just beat Pyro Pete and have a grand total of 30 so far. Seems like a lonnnng way to go for the 600-something.

After I beat the dLC I had around 300. All of the battles in the DLC are repeatable for 20 each time, and I'd assume the raid bosses drop them too.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I cannot find the DLC in the store or in-game. Does Europe usually get that stuff later?

Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

The Rokstar posted:

I passed by him somewhere in the Badass Crater hub area, but I can't remember where exactly he's located. Keep an eye out somewhere near where the DLC starts.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Spergminer posted:

I cannot find the DLC in the store or in-game. Does Europe usually get that stuff later?

Having the same problem in Australia. And in less than an hour it'll be 22/11. Grrrr.

Created a US based user and I can see it on their store but if doesn't recognise I have the season pass. So just have to wait I guess.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Is there a list of any new unique guns in the Torgue DLC? I know there's at least one.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Solaris Knight posted:

After playing up to killing Motor Momma, I can conclude that Mr. Torgue is one of the nicest characters in both games, especially so given how he's a CEO and doesn't hewn to the evil executive trope

He just wants to help you go the distance :3:

He's also quite the gentleman.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
It looks like you can repeat the tier 3 challenges for 20 tokens a pop.

On another note, gently caress the tier 3 race challenge. I run out of time a couple of seconds before the finish line, even when the car doesn't randomly flip out some bit of the geometry and when I manage both short-cuts. Also enemies randomly spawn on the track.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Looks like that afterburner relic has some use after all.

The Rokstar posted:

He's near the vending machines where the Piss off sign and arrow are in the first town near the arena.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Mr Phillby posted:

It looks like you can repeat the tier 3 challenges for 20 tokens a pop.

On another note, gently caress the tier 3 race challenge. I run out of time a couple of seconds before the finish line, even when the car doesn't randomly flip out some bit of the geometry and when I manage both short-cuts. Also enemies randomly spawn on the track.

get another controller set up. have it sit before the checkpoint before the starting point in a car
race til you get to the point before the bridge, once you hit that checkpoint, pick up other controller and finish the race with time to spare.

---------------

Beat the story side of the DLC last night, Not a bad DLC, some of my favorite parts included.

Bar Brawl
tTina quests

Still have the post game stuff to do. But now that i learnt of these "Switches" against Petev2. Should make it a lot easier. Me and a friend got him down to about 60% by tediore reloading him to death. (Side note : He is vulnerable to slag).

Ashekaban fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 21, 2012

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Marogareh posted:

Wow! I had not even thought of using that relic. Guess I know what I need to use now for that part 3 of the race to beat the clock.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Marogareh posted:

He's near the vending machines where the Piss off sign and arrow are in the first town near the arena.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck. I sold that a long time ago because it had no use. Just like that silly "item of the day" relic

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I was cracking up during the whole run-up to it... KIDS THESE DAYS AND THEIR CRAAAZY LANGUAGE!, but the fight with Flyboy... has some choice moments. Chief among these: Moxxi and Torgue arguing about "INNUENDO!" - and of course "HOLY SH*TFU*K!"

I love you, Mr. Torgue.

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011
How are you supposed to beat the tier 2 bar-room brawl side mission in the Torgue DLC? Even as a level 50 Gunzerker specced for maximum possible gunzerking duration (10 points in Last Longer and 9 points in Yippee Ki Yay) and dual-wielding an E-tech slag SMG and an E-tech fire SMG I can't kill everyone before the timer runs out.

Are there specific enemies you're meant to be targeting or something because I can't see how this is meant to be beatable. The only positive is I'm racking up Torgue tokens from repeating it so many times (gently caress knows how you're meant to get the 600 needed for a legendary though).

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010

strangemusic posted:

I was cracking up during the whole run-up to it... KIDS THESE DAYS AND THEIR CRAAAZY LANGUAGE!, but the fight with Flyboy... has some choice moments. Chief among these: Moxxi and Torgue arguing about "INNUENDO!" - and of course "HOLY SH*TFU*K!"

I love you, Mr. Torgue.

I CAN DO INNUENDO, TOO!
...BLOWJOBS!!!

edit: Ok, what the hell is the deal with the day/night cycle in this game? Is it glitched or something? It seems like I get about 15 minutes of daylight per 3 hours of night time.

MailboxFullOfBombs fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 21, 2012

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

kim jong-illin posted:

How are you supposed to beat the tier 2 bar-room brawl side mission in the Torgue DLC? Even as a level 50 Gunzerker specced for maximum possible gunzerking duration (10 points in Last Longer and 9 points in Yippee Ki Yay) and dual-wielding an E-tech slag SMG and an E-tech fire SMG I can't kill everyone before the timer runs out.

Are there specific enemies you're meant to be targeting or something because I can't see how this is meant to be beatable. The only positive is I'm racking up Torgue tokens from repeating it so many times (gently caress knows how you're meant to get the 600 needed for a legendary though).

You need to kill all the 'Badass' rated enemies to win the bar fights.

The Torgue slots are the best source of tokens, using the same old dashboarding duplication trick.

Any hints as to how to beat Motor Mama solo on TVHM as a level 46 siren? She just kills me with her rockets, even from half way across the arena. I can't even take her shield down with my E-tech lightning rifle before I bleed out and there's no enemies to kill for second winds.

I was finding the DLC pretty easy up until this point.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Mr Phillby posted:

You need to kill all the 'Badass' rated enemies to win the bar fights.

The Torgue slots are the best source of tokens, using the same old dashboarding duplication trick.

Any hints as to how to beat Motor Mama solo on TVHM as a level 46 siren? She just kills me with her rockets, even from half way across the arena. I can't even take her shield down with my E-tech lightning rifle before I bleed out and there's no enemies to kill for second winds.

I was finding the DLC pretty easy up until this point.

Hang out in the entranceway to the arena and use the walls as cover. She murdered me on my first attempt but I managed to mess her up the second time - eventually, the bike breaks and she basically becomes a sitting duck.

Also: I just hit 50 :toot:

Now to do some Goddamn sidequests.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Managed to solo Pete the invincible and surprisingly enough it's actually doable. I'm so looking forward to that might of the seraphs relic and type O negative grenade.

Marogareh fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 21, 2012

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Marogareh posted:

Managed to solo Pete the invincible and surprisingly enough it's actually doable. I'm so looking forward to that might of the seraphs relic and type O negative grenade.

Mind sharing some hints as to how you managed? Baby Maker/Bee combo, CC/Bee, or something entirely different?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Bee/Two fer Maggie/sheriff's badge/any slag weapon and bonus package grenade for the spider ants. I would've used the Nukem to clear the ants but I didn't have it at the time. Baby maker would probably be good but for some reason mines just up and disappeared from my inventory.

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
I haven't been posting much lately because of reasons but I have just updated the OP with DLC information and things, which is a fantastic way to spend my time on an idle Wednesday.

Speaking of which it's about time it had an FAQ, so if anyone has anything they think worthwhile that isn't below then that'd be grand.

-Activating TVHM and PT2.5.
-Sidequests in PT2.5.
-The achievement for all challenges complete.
-SHiFT codes and how they actually work.

I haven't had chance to buy the DLC yet (paid tomorrow :woop:) but from the sounds of things I am missing out pretty heavily, can't wait to sink my teeth into it.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iTrust posted:

I haven't been posting much lately because of reasons but I have just updated the OP with DLC information and things, which is a fantastic way to spend my time on an idle Wednesday.

Speaking of which it's about time it had an FAQ, so if anyone has anything they think worthwhile that isn't below then that'd be grand.

-Activating TVHM and PT2.5.
-Sidequests in PT2.5.
-The achievement for all challenges complete.
-SHiFT codes and how they actually work.

I haven't had chance to buy the DLC yet (paid tomorrow :woop:) but from the sounds of things I am missing out pretty heavily, can't wait to sink my teeth into it.

It might be worth mentioning that Mechromancer isn't included in the season pass. That question's been asked quite a bit in the last thread. I even thought she'd be included in the season pass when I bought it.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
Anyone else go through the Torgue DLC at level 50, and finding only level 48 oranges in the Torgue vending machines?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

nudejedi posted:

Anyone else go through the Torgue DLC at level 50, and finding only level 48 oranges in the Torgue vending machines?

That's all there is, bud. Guess that's the price of guaranteed oranges of your choice. Oh, and there's also only Torgue legendaries but hey, guaranteed oranges.

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 21, 2012

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I'm really enjoying this DLC even though it is really hard at times.

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or what but since I heard that people had been getting Lengendaries from Pyro Pete I decided to go back there, but for whatever reason he will not spawn.

Then sometimes he will appear and just stand there and not fight you and you can't damage him. If you go up the elevators you can loot both red chests without fighting a single enemy.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Thanks Gearbox for making a rare weapon drop from a boss you only fight once and never respawns :argh:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Anyone feel like doing TVHM Hero's Pass/Warrior on 360? Give me a shout at strangemobius

Mr_D
Jan 28, 2001

I have no sense of humor. I like to crap on everyone's good time by being a jerk. Take a ride on my turd rainbow!
There's something that's always bothered me about Moxxi: her voice actress sounds like she's trying way too hard to be sexy and sultry, but not quite pulling it off. Just be yourself, girl!

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Mr_D posted:

There's something that's always bothered me about Moxxi: her voice actress sounds like she's trying way too hard to be sexy and sultry, but not quite pulling it off. Just be yourself, girl!

It's a defense mechanism.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Marogareh posted:

Thanks Gearbox for making a rare weapon drop from a boss you only fight once and never respawns :argh:

Supposedly he's a once per day fight.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The one I'm looking for drops from Piston not Pete. He just straight up never appears if you've killed him already just like No beard.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Marogareh posted:

Bee/Two fer Maggie/sheriff's badge/any slag weapon and bonus package grenade for the spider ants. I would've used the Nukem to clear the ants but I didn't have it at the time. Baby maker would probably be good but for some reason mines just up and disappeared from my inventory.

Thanks for mentioning this set-up. I had no problems soloing him as we'll. I found the Maggie/bee combo worked well with homing bonus package for the spider ants like you said. Overall not as tough of a fight like hyperious or master gee.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Adregan posted:

Thanks for mentioning this set-up. I had no problems soloing him as we'll. I found the Maggie/bee combo worked well with homing bonus package for the spider ants like you said. Overall not as tough of a fight like hyperious or master gee.

Wouldn't a Pistol Aggression mod or something that boosts cooldown something better than an increase in pistol fire time? The Maggie already fires as fast as you're able to pull the trigger

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Marogareh posted:

The one I'm looking for drops from Piston not Pete. He just straight up never appears if you've killed him already just like No beard.

Which drop is that? If it's the Slow Hand, that also drops from Badassasaurus Rex.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Borderlands 2 Xbox 360 metatag has been cleaned up a little, deleted the people who hadn't been online in a month and accepted some remaining friend requests. There are about 6 open spots still.

GoonsPlayingBL2

(61/100)

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Well, following the layout given earlier, I've managed to solo Pete to 25% health before dying. Shock Conference Call/Bee combo wrecks his shields in two clips, but I think my Maggie is underpowered (Dastardly, not Two-Fer) to the point where the CC seems to work better against Pete after Phaselocking him to put slag on him.

Oh well, back to beating my head against it some more.

PicklesMcGillicuddy
May 28, 2010

I DO NOT EAT HUMAN FOOD; I ONLY EAT
PINE CONES

ShadowedFlames posted:

Well, following the layout given earlier, I've managed to solo Pete to 25% health before dying. Shock Conference Call/Bee combo wrecks his shields in two clips, but I think my Maggie is underpowered (Dastardly, not Two-Fer) to the point where the CC seems to work better against Pete after Phaselocking him to put slag on him.

Oh well, back to beating my head against it some more.

Pete? Like Pyro Pete? Just use a launcher. I dropped him in 30 seconds, shields and all.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

PicklesMcGillicuddy posted:

Pete? Like Pyro Pete? Just use a launcher. I dropped him in 30 seconds, shields and all.

The Invincible one (2nd fight, the raid boss). Regular Pete was simple, this one not so much.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I like the implication at the end that Mr. Torgue is going to be Moxxi's fourth husband, because more Mr.Torgue would be goddamn awesome

In other news: LOOTSPOLOSION WEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNEEWWWWWWWWWW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I noticed today that Gaige also gets a KICKIN' RAD AIR GUITAR SOLO for one of her anarchy stack lines. Has that always been there or was it added in this DLC?

• Locked thread