Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
I never understood the purpose of all the troll blood "potions" that Gamzee sold Jane, that then ended up in the RPG updates. Other than multi-colored red herrings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

J.theYellow posted:

I never understood the purpose of all the troll blood "potions" that Gamzee sold Jane, that then ended up in the RPG updates. Other than multi-colored red herrings.

To remind you that Gamzee is carting around the carcasses of his friends and draining their blood into bottles. I.E. that he's a loving sociopath, albeit a mollified one.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Cabbit posted:

To remind you that Gamzee is carting around the carcasses of his friends and draining their blood into bottles. I.E. that he's a loving sociopath, albeit a mollified one.

Gamzee is helpful! He is trying to bring them back via kernelsprites. He is even thoughtful enough to keep their blood as backups in case something happens to the bodies. What a stand up guy.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

When you molest a mentally disabled person you rocket up the Douchebag Meter so fast you burst through the glass and leave a smoldering hole in the roof.

Movement on the Douche axis is completely independent of movement on the Villain axis, good sir. :colbert:

Cabbit posted:

Oh poo poo. Between this and the hub Gamzee gave to Caliborn, maybe he's getting down to some ectobiological shenanigans?

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
It seems like at some point I must have gotten confused as to how Homestuck works, because at this point how is it possible to kill Gamzee and not have it be Just? Or is the implication supposed to be that Gamzee has too much HP (for the lack of a better word) for Caliborn to whittle down?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Castomira posted:

It seems like at some point I must have gotten confused as to how Homestuck works, because at this point how is it possible to kill Gamzee and not have it be Just?

Were it a vengeful troll survivor or ghost, it would be Just. Caliborn had nothing to do with Gamzee up until now and knew nothing of his past. Caliborn's perforation of the clown was all but random.

Mister Gutsy
May 6, 2012

You love having a dead sister. Having a dead sister is an experience you would highly recommend to everybody.

Castomira posted:

It seems like at some point I must have gotten confused as to how Homestuck works, because at this point how is it possible to kill Gamzee and not have it be Just? Or is the implication supposed to be that Gamzee has too much HP (for the lack of a better word) for Caliborn to whittle down?

The implication is that rascally clowns are unkillable because that's just how they are.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I think it's supposed to be a joke about how Gamzee's role in the story is the bullshit clown, not a god tier or game mechanic thing.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Lizard Wizard posted:

Were it a vengeful troll survivor or ghost, it would be Just. Caliborn had nothing to do with Gamzee up until now and knew nothing of his past. Caliborn's perforation of the clown was all but random.

This is the way I see it. If it were related to karma or something, say Gamzee had gone on a complete and total murderspree all the way up to this point, then it could possibly be counted as Just. But Caliborn didn't know who the gently caress he was or what he had done, and poor Gamzee was just trying to help him, not kill him.

But the real explanation is that Gamzee cannot just simply be killed. To take him out would require some sort of motherfucking miracle.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention part of the real explanation is that Gamzee didn't even actually die in the first place

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Nov 22, 2012

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
He hasn't died yet. We saw how the Heroic/Just thing works with John and Vriska. You die, if it wasn't Heroic or Just you get brought back to life. You don't just take infinite wounds and crawl around like Sean Connery in The Untouchables.

Edit: vvv This right here. vvv

Luminous Obscurity fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 22, 2012

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Hussie just went over this. Gamzee isn't dead because he's an rear end in a top hat monsterclown and what a lot of people don't know is that rear end in a top hat monsterclowns refusing to stay dead is a universal constant.

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

He's like our own lovable Pennywise! Only with a lot more codpiece and shenanigans.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How many bullets does it take to get to the center of a Gamzeepop?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Castomira posted:

He's got plot armor. It's actually a plot point that he has plot armor. Meta as gently caress.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Gamzee isn't a god-tier any dumb game construct. He's a slasher movie villain. And everyone knows the slasher movie villain can only be killed at the very end of the movie series in some intense scene by the protagonist who is avenging his murdered comrades, a slasher movie villain cannot die during some random bump in the road like this.

What I'm saying is Kanaya is the only one allowed to kill Gamzee. He knows it. And it's why he spends all this time hiding from her.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Castomira posted:

He isn't even God Tier. Hussie was just loving with Caliborn (and the speculating readers) when he said he was.

Gamzee didn't die because he's a clown, and they're annoying and wouldn't you like them to be dead? Well too bad. Not happening.

It's a joke. One that's integral to the plot. Welcome to Homestuck.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Yeah if you want to kill a clown you need to plug them with a silver bullet and then bury them at a crossroads with consecrated wafers stuffed into their codpiece. Sheesh man it's like ya'll ain't even up on your best practices or something.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Castomira posted:

Juggalo Godtiers don't work off of the Just/Heroic system. Gamzee can only die if his death would be funnier than his survival.

Cabbit posted:

I'll be honest, I never actually saw what people were referring to with that. The only thing I saw was Cronus grabbing Mituna by the shoulder and not letting go when asked, which is of course still very grody but not nearly on the level of sexual assault.

You seem to be forgetting the part where Cronus relishes, at length, how it doesn't matter what he does to Mituna because Mituna lacks the coherence and credibility for any of his claims to be taken seriously even if he could articulate the problem. That, coupled with everything else, makes it super loving rapey and heinous. He is the worst character in Homestuck.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Plus the fact that Mituna's reactions at least imply that Cronus is not just touching Tuna's shoulder, and Cronus calls it a "massage." Full-on rapey. Cronus is the worst troll.
But beyond that, the next convo was the worst side of Cronus, where he screams at Mituna for his flaws at length and tells him that nobody could ever love him, that he's a horrible friend and horrible person, that he's a brain-damaged reject among rejects, and that Cronus would gladly kill him if given the chance. That's also why Cronus is the worst troll.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Movement on the Douche axis is completely independent of movement on the Villain axis, good sir. :colbert:

Oh poo poo. Between this and the hub Gamzee gave to Caliborn, maybe he's getting down to some ectobiological shenanigans?

In the nepeta/equius flash he was re-creating his ocean dad thing wasn't he?

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:

Eiba posted:

He isn't even God Tier. Hussie was just loving with Caliborn (and the speculating readers) when he said he was.

Gamzee didn't die because he's a clown, and they're annoying and wouldn't you like them to be dead? Well too bad. Not happening.

Well. That certainly makes things clear.

I'm pretty sure this is the most perfectly I've ever had the exact reaction to something in this comic that I was intended to have.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

Eiba posted:

Or he is God Tier and Hussie is loving with us with the clown thing. The text points out that both options are equally ridiculous - a God Tier dressing as a God Tier to fool people, or Plot Armoured Insane Clown - could still be either reason at this point, and I wouldn't put it past Hussie for it to actually be for some other as yet unknown reason.

Edit: I want it to be because he's a mental loving murderclown though.

krakagar fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Nov 22, 2012

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
Update! The best thing is Gamzees face in the last panel. This is the bet intermission yet. Fact.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Somebody make an av of that Gamzee face, I'm going to give it to a buddy of mine and confuse the gently caress out of them.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
He looks so happy!
He helped! Bless his insane, murderous little socks!

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!

krakagar posted:

Update! The best thing is Gamzees face in the last panel. This is the bet intermission yet. Fact.

I don't know man, Caliborn has stolen the show on this intermission. :allears:

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

Flops posted:

I don't know man, Caliborn has stolen the show on this intermission. :allears:

That's what I meant. Out of all the intermissions in HS, this is the best intermission yet.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
I hope Gamzee did the welding. He seems to be enjoying it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!
I hope we get to see more of Caliborn interfacing with this computer, because it really looks unwieldy as gently caress.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Oh wireless trackball mouse welded to a desk [that is probably slightly below hip height to add to this travesty of user-unfriendliness] in just the wrong place to comfortably view the cursor you control, how you remind me of the science museums of my youth. :allears:

The second key Caliborn finds will unlock the keyboard and mouse from the table, but they will turn out to still be connected to it by steel cables slightly too short to allow them to reach the ground.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
I would unironically love it if the reason Caliborn goes on a rampage against the story is caused by a series of mild (well, maybe not mild in this case) inconveniences Andrew inflicts upon Caliborn. :allears:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Boneless Jogger posted:

I would unironically love it if the reason Caliborn goes on a rampage against the story is caused by a series of mild (well, maybe not mild in this case) inconveniences Andrew inflicts upon Caliborn. :allears:
Five hours in, Caliborn gets a chair. The chair has one leg shorter than all the others.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

FYI, Andrew Hussie hates wireless mice.

Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
For what it's worth, 'Wicked Clowns Never Die' is an ICP song and a recurring lyrical theme in ICP's music.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

J.theYellow posted:

At the time they were just just a friendly reminder that this purple clad dude is god drat insane. Now he's with Caliborn it's worth looking at what those potions allegedly do;

Sollux potion: Increase hacking skills. Useful for making and spreading a ~death code that summons you to a new Universe.

Equius potion: Makes you STRONG. You loving love being STRONG.

Feferi potion: Healing. Always good to have some medicine until you achieve immortality.

Vriska potion: Increases your luck. With all his time skipping antics to come a bit of luck can go a long way.

The rest seem pretty useless so will clearly be the most important. The Tavros potion that removes your ability to walk in favour of being great kisser might be useful. "You kiss Caliope/born's corpse so well that her dreamself somehow revives."

I guess it's good that Gamzee doesn't have Aradia's blood. Summoning the dead would be rather over powered and confusing at this point (assuming that's what it'd let you do rather than turning you Troll Japanese).

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I'm totally willing to believe Gamzee has faked being God Tier despite actually being God Tier, just because that is in fact really funny to me.

Forer posted:

In the nepeta/equius flash he was re-creating his ocean dad thing wasn't he?

That wasn't an actual Capricorn, that was just another one of the game constructs with prototyping traits. It just ended up having mostly Capricorn features randomly. (And because it looked good when posed under Gamzee.)

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
He's not God-Tier, he's God-Awful Tier. God-Awfully-Supernaturally-Hard-To-Kill-Creepy-Clown-Tier.

If Mike Myers or Jason Vorhees were a Juggalo he's what you'd end up with.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Whoever keeps saying that Gamzee can only die in the most hilarious way possible is dead wrong. I cracked up every single time Caliborn gunned him down. :colbert:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

Spellman posted:

FYI, Andrew Hussie hates wireless mice.

Doesn't everyone? I mean I'm using one and this thing's a bitch that conks out at the worst times.

Not nearly as bad as the wireless keyboard, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Some stray thoughts left lying around:

Caliborn made reference to having the whole planet to himself, in such a way that it might be considered normal for cherubs (who were described as not being a very social species). He is also green. A noted similarity to First Guardians. I think Lord English even has a First Guardian energy glow in Caliborn: Enter. Cherubs, First Guardians... guardian angels?

Caliborn wants to color his text with the blood of the people he's caused to die. Lord English speaks in many-colored text and has killed a huge variety of colorfully-blooded aliens.

Caliborn's planet could never host exiles; even if it hadn't been sucked into the session and/or a black hole, it was an ancient, dying world unfit for being reseeded with life. Players usually get guidance from exiles, and Sburb presumably generates terminals regardless. Is the narrator speaking through a modified exile terminal, and fulfilling an exile-like role because Sburb arranged for it?

When Doc Scratch was narrating, Hussie managed to communicate using the alt text of the banner image. Later, Lord English communicated the same way; he's never been featured in an actual text log. A feature of narration devices?

Was that tower always on the cherubs' planet? What about Gamzee?

Lots of things were sucked into the glitched kernelsprite. Which were prototyped? Which count as pre- or post-entry? I think that the meteor was transported to the medium as it was sucked in, and that probably counts as his house so Caliborn entered at that time. So the kernelsprite was prototyped with a bunch of artifacted Statues of Liberty, and Caliborn's sprite is the planet itself? Or does the black hole not count as a kernelsprite? So many unanswered questions.