Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I've noticed several new ones for Zero too; I'm pretty sure it's a DLC thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PicklesMcGillicuddy
May 28, 2010

I DO NOT EAT HUMAN FOOD; I ONLY EAT
PINE CONES

ShadowedFlames posted:

The Invincible one (2nd fight, the raid boss). Regular Pete was simple, this one not so much.

Fair enough. I just finished Regular Pete myself, so no raid boss yet.

I know Gaige had guitar solos before, did they add new ones?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
So, after 20+ attempts, I finally managed to solo Pete the Invincible. My loadout was as follows (as Siren):

Dastardly Maggie
Conference Call (Shock)
Norfleet (Explosive)
Sticky Homing Bonus Package
Ability Cooldown Relic (~34%)
Grounded The Bee

Norfleet rocket launcher pulls duty as stand-in for Bonus Package grenades when I run out. Start with Phaselocking (Ruin tree) to put Slag on, CC his shields away (two to three full clips). Switch to Maggie, reapplying phaselock as needed and run like hell. I alternate water switches to keep from having a Lv 61 spiderant/rat appear for as long as possible. In a pinch, either use the Norfleet at close range for a second wind or use the CC for that purpose. Took me about 5 minutes on the fight I won, about two hours or so total.

It's difficult but doable. He dropped the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot shield for me, about 15 Seraph crystals, and no Torgue tokens.

Your stategy (and rewards) may vary, but I thought I'd present my example here for reference.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Cripes, the Badassaurus... I'm getting slaughtered, is there something painfully obvious that I'm missing about the fight?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

strangemusic posted:

Cripes, the Badassaurus... I'm getting slaughtered, is there something painfully obvious that I'm missing about the fight?
Run around a lot, shoot down the missiles.

Wasn't that hard for me, but I'm in a normal run, at level 29, and playing as Gaige (so DT would distract it). 41% adaptive shield was useful.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

abaddonis posted:

Wouldn't a Pistol Aggression mod or something that boosts cooldown something better than an increase in pistol fire time? The Maggie already fires as fast as you're able to pull the trigger

You could use it but the sheriff's badge also gives you a boost to fight for your life time. I had the legendary assassin mod so cooldown wasn't an issue for me. You don't have to use this setup since others have done it with other stuff so experiment if you want.

RageBeef posted:

Which drop is that? If it's the Slow Hand, that also drops from Badassasaurus Rex.

It's the Cobra sniper rifle which I thought was a quest reward but nope.

strangemusic posted:

I cheesed it by staying behind the barricade.

Marogareh fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Nov 22, 2012

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Hello! I think I broke my game and I can't find any information from googling.

I just started my second playthrough with zero (true vault hunter mode?), I am level 40 because I was hanging out with a level-50 friend in his game to chat and I leveled up while I was there. So I start a new game+ and the enemies are at 35-38, which seems about right because I overleveled a little. But the Get Bullymong Fur mission was an impossible level 50. I finished it anyway because the bullymongs I found were level 36. Then the midge-mong mission was level 50, and going that way the bullymongs right after the electric barrier were level 50. I tried to continue with the mail mission, but after boom bewm all the enemies are level 50 too.

I'm guessing the game got confused because I was in my friend's game? But that was on playthrough 1, and I didn't create a playthrough 2 until after that. And the start of playthrough 2 was fine. So I'm doubting that restarting a playthrough 2 would fix it. Is there anything I can do?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Does anyone have a legendary Siren mod? I'm still looking for one, and I know I'm not the only goon looking for one.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

The Berzerker posted:

Does anyone have a legendary Siren mod? I'm still looking for one, and I know I'm not the only goon looking for one.

Yeah, I've got the one from Vermi. Not doing much of anything at the moment, send me an invite if you're on the 360 (GT ShadowedFlames) and I'll dupe it for you.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Marogareh posted:

I cheesed it by staying behind the barricade.
The whole 'ultimate coward' spiel felt a little ironic after I spent most of the boss battles in the DLC hiding behind things. In TVHM they can kill you so quickly and there's often no way to avoid damage if you try and take them on directly.

I know TVHM is supposed to be a challenge, and that the game isn't really balanced for solo play, but some of these fights just felt badly designed.

Piston himself was a fun fight at least! Running circles around him and backing off from his jump attacks, more of that please gearbox!

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Mr Phillby posted:

The whole 'ultimate coward' spiel felt a little ironic after I spent most of the boss battles in the DLC hiding behind things. In TVHM they can kill you so quickly and there's often no way to avoid damage if you try and take them on directly.

I know TVHM is supposed to be a challenge, and that the game isn't really balanced for solo play, but some of these fights just felt badly designed.

Piston himself was a fun fight at least! Running circles around him and backing off from his jump attacks, more of that please gearbox!

I breezed through Pyro Pete and the Flyboy fight. Motor Momma, on the other hand... well, I guess I didn't need to have money anymore. God drat the second phase was infuriating.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I had more trouble with the first phase since there's next to no cover. Dunno what she does in the second since I one shotted her in the back of the head. The personal troll actually gave me a hard time and made me pull out the bee to end his rear end.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Dr.Smasher posted:

I breezed through Pyro Pete and the Flyboy fight. Motor Momma, on the other hand... well, I guess I didn't need to have money anymore. God drat the second phase was infuriating.

I had more trouble with the 2nd phase of Motor Momma than anything else in the whole DLC. Stupid rocket launcher :argh:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Dr.Smasher posted:

I breezed through Pyro Pete and the Flyboy fight.

We all did. :haw:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
How hard is it going to be for me to get the Cobra from the guy that drops it. I need a torgue sniper rifle guys!

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

JackDarko posted:

How hard is it going to be for me to get the Cobra from the guy that drops it. I need a torgue sniper rifle guys!

Mr Torgue posted:

I DON'T MAKE SNIPER RIFLES BECAUSE YOU CAN'T PROPERLY APPRECIATE THE EXPLOSION FROM FAR AWAY
IF YOU'RE NOT PICKING GIBLETS OUT OF YOUR TEETH IT WASN'T A REAL KILL

It's a Jakobs.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I really enjoyed the "fly boy" fight. It was a nice change of pace and I was not looking forward to fighting a big angry vulture.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah but it shoots out explosive ammunition!

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Apparently Gearbox hosed up and doesn't drop anywhere.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Marogareh posted:

Apparently Gearbox hosed up and doesn't drop anywhere.

Well gently caress me, i'm terribly sad.

Edit: Other folks are saying since the boss fight only happens once if he doesn't drop it, reset the game without saving.

JackDarko fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 22, 2012

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I'm getting a lot of use out of my Super Fire Sniper Rifle, http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Pimpernel since it pretty much one shots those annoying bikes and its aoe flame effect blows away groups of bandits, its the best.:allears:

Is it possible to get unique weapons like this from anywhere else? or is it strictly 1 per playthrough?

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm getting a lot of use out of my Super Fire Sniper Rifle, http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Pimpernel since it pretty much one shots those annoying bikes and its aoe flame effect blows away groups of bandits, its the best.:allears:

Is it possible to get unique weapons like this from anywhere else? or is it strictly 1 per playthrough?

I want to say that was a quest reward for one of the DLC missions. I have a slag version at does approximately 15k damage. I never use it anymore now that I have a skullmasher

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

abaddonis posted:

I want to say that was a quest reward for one of the DLC missions. I have a slag version at does approximately 15k damage. I never use it anymore now that I have a skullmasher

I think it's the reward for the second quest with the censor-bot. And it is awesome. :69snypa:

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

I think it's the reward for the second quest with the censor-bot. And it is awesome. :69snypa:

You're right. The link says it is from "Don't Copy That Floppy." I remember I had to quit the game and restart the mission because the enemies stopped spawning and I couldn't get all of the discs.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Was there supposed to be a lootsplosion when Mr. Torgue shouted LOOTSPLOSION at the end of the game, because I totally didn't get a lootsplosion. :(

The Eagle's Tear
Nov 7, 2003

You want some coffee?

caligulamprey posted:

Was there supposed to be a lootsplosion when Mr. Torgue shouted LOOTSPLOSION at the end of the game, because I totally didn't get a lootsplosion. :(

Yes, loot was supposed to fly out of the grate in the middle of the arena. It's a bunch of whites and greens with one or two blues/purples and the very occasional orange.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
So apparently there's a limit to how many times you can gently caress with the system clock for the raid bosses. My date is at December 1st and it just tells me to try again tomorrow even when I change it to 3 days later. I was six crystals away for the shooting star too.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The Eagle's Tear posted:

Yes, loot was supposed to fly out of the grate in the middle of the arena. It's a bunch of whites and greens with one or two blues/purples and the very occasional orange.
Man, did I have the saddest ending to a Borderlands game ever, then. I was just standing around in an empty arena.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

caligulamprey posted:

Man, did I have the saddest ending to a Borderlands game ever, then. I was just standing around in an empty arena.

Well, you killed the greatest coward, but I guess you weren't the number one badass on Pandora after all. :smith:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

ShadowedFlames posted:

Yeah, I've got the one from Vermi. Not doing much of anything at the moment, send me an invite if you're on the 360 (GT ShadowedFlames) and I'll dupe it for you.

I will add you!

Also: did the recent patch make it so you can buy other legendaries from vending machines? I'm asking because I just bought a lvl 49 Pandemic out of a vending machine in Opportunity...

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

They have alway been there they are just extremely rare to actually see, similar to wining one in slots

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I bought the season pass to this game, I've never done that before. I like BL2 that much.

Last night I was randomly playing with a Japanese guy, I wanted to hear how the localization was over there, with us simultaneously playing the game but in different languages, that was fun.

One annoyance though: NG+ is a lot more fun than the first time through I think, but I want to try just NG+ as a different class. I wish I could respec my character into a different class...

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Question for PS3 players: Did they nerf The Bee in the most recent DLC? I've downloaded it but I'm hesitant to install it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

...! posted:

Question for PS3 players: Did they nerf The Bee in the most recent DLC? I've downloaded it but I'm hesitant to install it.

No.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Welp, just spent an hour farming Hunter Hellquist and no Bee. :suicide:

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

...! posted:

Welp, just spent an hour farming Hunter Hellquist and no Bee. :suicide:

That's so funny, I got a Bee the first two times I beat him.

Does Terramorphous drop any oranges apart from class mods?

huh fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Nov 23, 2012

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

huh posted:

That's so funny, I got a Bee the first two times I beat him.

Does Terramorphous drop any oranges apart from class mods?

Yes. The Hide of Terramorphous is a roid + spike + nova shield, and the Blood of Terramorphous is a relic that adds +0.5% health regeneration. I've killed him at least fifty times without seeing either. I think his orange drops are on Warrior-level rarity.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Is there any way to dupe an item using a second 360 profile on the same console, or do you have to use an outside player to do so?

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

Draile posted:

Yes. The Hide of Terramorphous is a roid + spike + nova shield, and the Blood of Terramorphous is a relic that adds +0.5% health regeneration. I've killed him at least fifty times without seeing either. I think his orange drops are on Warrior-level rarity.

I must have gotten really lucky then because I got a Hide both times I've actually killed Terra. And I got the Commando class mod the first time too. (I was playing Axton, so that was nice.)

On the other hand I killed the Warrior more times than I could care to count and got a single Flakker for my troubles. Thankfully a nice goon gave me a corrosive CC for helping him with something a while ago. And then a dozen other oranges just because.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Draile posted:

He also drops the Teeth of Terramorphous shotgun (http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Teeth_of_Terramorphous) which has red flavor text but actually is a blue item (so people should check their blue drops from Terra too)!

• Locked thread