Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Can anyone make a rough guess as to how long it would take for subs to come out after the film? I hope it's not too long, I'm already anxiously waiting for the third Eva movie. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Genocyber posted:

Can anyone make a rough guess as to how long it would take for subs to come out after the film? I hope it's not too long, I'm already anxiously waiting for the third Eva movie. :ohdear:

Well, there may be a camrip of the film at some point during its time in theaters but those are barely legible and also very illegal. But outside of that? Sometime next year when its released on DVD/Blu-Ray. Strong World's DVD had extra scenes put in at Oda's request so if Z follows suit it'd probably be worth waiting for.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Episode: http://onepieceofficial.com/videos.aspx

My favorite moment is a tie between Luffy stretching over to where Nami and Usopp were and telling them about going to the island where the needle was shaking the most, Jinbei laughing his rear end off, or the end. :3:

I'm just a bit disappointed in Franky and Zoro for not joining in on the promise. :colbert: Brook can keep two promises, get it together guys.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Genocyber posted:

Roughly half a year or so after it hits theaters is the usual norm for anime movies.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Autumncomet posted:

My favorite moment is a tie between Luffy stretching over to where Nami and Usopp were and telling them about going to the island where the needle was shaking the most, Jinbei laughing his rear end off, or the end. :3:

I'm just a bit disappointed in Franky and Zoro for not joining in on the promise. :colbert: Brook can keep two promises, get it together guys.

Franky goes where the ship goes and Zoro is second in commmand, so I think for them, making that promise is redundant.

Sekkira fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Nov 18, 2012

Dukeofdummies
Feb 1, 2012

Go on good sir, you have my full attention.

Autumncomet posted:

I don't think Franky Would've fit. Hence the pinky wave

Alca
Sep 7, 2005
8D
Finnaly out of the worst arc since years! I soldiered my way out of these episoded for more than a year now and boy am I happy that the crew finnaly gets out of my litle mermaid sub-island.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
13 years from now we'll realize that's foreshadowing after Franky & Zoro have died in a big battle against a Warlord!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Genocyber posted:

Hahahaha, oh god Eva 3, I'm reading spoilers for that in the other thread and it's basically the plot derailing so hard it's swallowed by a whale.

Anyway, WHOOOOO, finally out of Fishman Island! At least it wasn't as tedious and soul crushing as Marineford, if only because Oda put out enough material that full chapters turned into TV show episodes are only annoying to watch with somewhat drawn out pacing instead of completely draining any and all excitement out with surgical precision.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Hey, it's not their fault it takes 12 hours to run across 50 yards of ice. It's just really hard to run on, especially if you shout your brother's name every 2 minutes.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Gyges posted:

Hey, it's not their fault it takes 12 hours to run across 50 yards of ice. It's just really hard to run on, especially if you shout your brother's name every 2 minutes.

ACEEEEEEEU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
*guttural crying noises*

Dukeofdummies
Feb 1, 2012

Go on good sir, you have my full attention.
*mandatory flashback*

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

*Episode title card finally signals new content*

Dohoho. It's true tho sadly. The slowness really takes away from how good OP is each week. I don't even full screen it these days, I just have it on while I surf so I can keep up and watch the parts I'm really looking forward to. Even tho the content is lacking, the music and voice acting still make those anticipated moments great.

bondster
May 6, 2007

So apparently for One Piece Z The Strawhats will wear suits designed by Armani that was specifically picked by Oda.

So how long until instead of celebrating with sake they celebrate with Heineken :v:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

bondster posted:

So apparently for One Piece Z The Strawhats will wear suits designed by Armani that was specifically picked by Oda.

So how long until instead of celebrating with sake they celebrate with Heineken :v:
I'm confused as to why sanji is wearing flipflops and Luffy is wearing combat boots. oh, and Zoro has glasses now.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Flameingblack posted:

I'm confused as to why sanji is wearing flipflops

To give himself a handicap?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Why? Because it's One Piece, that's why.

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 22, 2012

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Did no one see Kung Fu Hustle? Flip flops are the attire of marital arts masters.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Kung-fu Hustle is one of my favourite movies. Seriously, it has some amazing characters and fighting effects. It's like a One Piece spin-off set in 1940's China.

Ivan Dolvich
Oct 14, 2004

Shit bag. I use all ammunition for weapon

Alca posted:

Finnaly out of the worst arc since years! I soldiered my way out of these episoded for more than a year now and boy am I happy that the crew finnaly gets out of my litle mermaid sub-island.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. The whole Otohime flashbacks were dreadfully boring and I felt like Luffy falling asleep through it. I also thought the Marineford Arc was bad. Maybe because I was expecting it to be awesomely epic and it just felt like 90% of the time was just them running or standing around. I like this show best for the interaction of Luffy's crew or watching Luffy kick rear end.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Ivan Dolvich posted:

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. The whole Otohime flashbacks were dreadfully boring and I felt like Luffy falling asleep through it. I also thought the Marineford Arc was bad. Maybe because I was expecting it to be awesomely epic and it just felt like 90% of the time was just them running or standing around. I like this show best for the interaction of Luffy's crew or watching Luffy kick rear end.

Marineford was awesomely epic in the manga, but the anime version was boring as hell. Otohime on the other hand was boring no matter where you saw/read it.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
Marineford was surreal to me because I started the series at Impel Down on into it Watching it was like a very slow-motion replay version of everything I've come to like about this series.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Yeah, I loved Marineford, too. As we discussed before, the fact that I watched it in one fell swoop because I started watching OP last summer (yeah, I had a boring summer :psyduck:) might have contributed so that it didn't feel like a slog waiting for next week's episode.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

lordfrikk posted:

Yeah, I loved Marineford, too. As we discussed before, the fact that I watched it in one fell swoop because I started watching OP last summer (yeah, I had a boring summer :psyduck:) might have contributed so that it didn't feel like a slog waiting for next week's episode.

I was surprised that even when I didn't have to wait a week for the next episode at how terrible the drag with the Skypia Arc got. Marineford and Fishman Island weren't so bad for me even with all the waiting, but maybe because I didn't read the manga. Still I really wish they'd do a ton of filler. Give us a nice-paced mini-arc. I think that'd be better than weekly episodes of one or two tiny things happening.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm still somewhat surprised they didn't spend as much time on individual strawhats. They had a solid opportunity for standard training filler before the time skip to spread the gap a bit.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Kingtheninja posted:

I'm still somewhat surprised they didn't spend as much time on individual strawhats. They had a solid opportunity for standard training filler before the time skip to spread the gap a bit.

Are they seriously not saving the training for flashbacks in later episodes when they reveal their moves? Because that's what I was imagining would end up happening. How far ahead is the manga?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Shadow0 posted:

Are they seriously not saving the training for flashbacks in later episodes when they reveal their moves? Because that's what I was imagining would end up happening. How far ahead is the manga?

Its getting into the final battle of the very next arc. It was shorter than Fishman island.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I guess they've just got used to how they do things at the moment and stretching out a single chapter per episode is a lot less :effort: than coming up with new stories for proper filler. Which sucks, because at least I can skip actual filler if it is terrible.

bondster
May 6, 2007

With tonights episode we finally reach the New World Riding the Warp Zone of our dreams

Have fun cause we got a filler arc next week!

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.
Alright, that episode was downright fantastic to me.

No, there wasn't any sparkly animation (although there was a certain charm embedded in it), but just every single scene felt full of power and energy.

I teared up when they surfaced to the New World. Something about that scene, man.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

bondster posted:

With tonights episode we finally reach the New World Riding the Warp Zone of our dreams

It's the New World (for real this time)! :woop: Now all we need is a new opening

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Is it just me or was the animation quality in this episode a lot better than it has been for awhile? I skipped most of Fishman Island since I wasn't the biggest fan of it even in the manga but whenever I watched anything it was just... not great looking. But this one seems like they're putting in more effort.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

bondster posted:

I never thought I'd say this in reaction to a filler arc, but if this improves the pacing of the subsequent arcs then thank god. At this point I'd even accept two filler arcs back to back just so long as we don't have to suffer through the one-chapter-per-episode slog anymore.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It's filler that leads up to the movie, supposedly. I'm guessing it'll only be a few episodes.

The end of this episode was changed from the manga because of it, but I guess this makes it easier for them to segue into Film Z.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Actually, I thought the last episode was pretty awful initially. I guess most of it was good, but it was a lot of Nami ruining millions of young Japanese girl's self-images for the next 20 years and Sanji fondly remembering beating up cross-dressers.

Honestly, when I first started One Piece, I thought it had pretty good messages. But now, well.

I'm certain Oda created the Crimin thing to try to sell clothes (though to be fair, I haven't seen any Crimin-brand things here, but a billion One Piece merchandise [especially Chopper] [you can even get Luffy riding my town mascot <fugu>]). And now the new movie has some weird specially designed clothes line thing going on. It's not as bad as Star Wars, but sometimes I wonder if things are introduced to sell more merchandise. Which is pretty ironic, considering the message about what treasure is.

Every single woman is now horribly deformed - isn't there a single normal-looking woman that isn't a mountain bandit? Nami just runs around as naked as she can, and what's with Robin's new outfit? I don't see why Brook doesn't just sit at the bottoms of stairwells before Robin walks past.

And every single gay person is also a cross-dresser / transexual or something and hideously ugly? An entire race of ugly gay people that are so oversexualized they can't contain their attraction to Sanji and chase after him for 2 years? What's your message, Oda?

tl;dr - I guess the pacing is getting to me, and I'm finding One Piece less and less a great anime. Hopefully the movie and the new arc are better.

Colonel K
Jun 29, 2009
I'm fairly sure Oda has said repeatedly his main interest is only in the story and making it appeal to the typical shonen 15 year old boy. I also seem to recall he specifically didn't want any mascot type characters and originally had chopper smoking a cigar. However, I think he was sort of pushed to make him become a mascot type character.

I really enjoyed this episode, and I'm pleased that we're finally away from fishman Island and into the new world. It has been a long time coming.

I too don't mind if we have a bit of filler, if it helps the upcoming pacing.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
This is only a small spoiler I think, but for everyone getting annoyed with Nami and Robin's clothing situations, part of the next arc will take place somewhere very cold.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New episode is out.

So, mini-mini giant is way better than typical filler child. The movie it's tying into looks to have an interesting antagonist too.

Also, there's a pet llama. gently caress yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Everyone's outfits are fabulous.