Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

He's been doing the live show for 10 years, and now that the podcast is a much larger thing than the live show instead of just an advertisement for it, it makes sense that he would want to move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
Just to clarify, he's only ending the live show, not the podcast, right?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

WoG posted:

Well, tickets are on sale today for the last ever show, which is next month.

Yeah I was confused as to whether he meant tonight or the benefit was the last ever CBB show. But I'm pretty sure he means tonight. If there are still tickets on sale for following weeks, it's probably just because the UCB website autofills in the schedule for CBB and DLM on Tuesdays.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

UnclePlasticBitch posted:

Just to clarify, he's only ending the live show, not the podcast, right?

Y
E
S

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Well poo poo, there goes my chance to see a great show :(

I wonder if it'll affect the DLM lineups.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Yeah I was confused as to whether he meant tonight or the benefit was the last ever CBB show. But I'm pretty sure he means tonight. If there are still tickets on sale for following weeks, it's probably just because the UCB website autofills in the schedule for CBB and DLM on Tuesdays.

I'm pretty sure he means the benefit is the last show.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

plastered quack posted:

Well poo poo, there goes my chance to see a great show :(

I wonder if it'll affect the DLM lineups.

I doubt it. Of the three times I've seen DLM/CBB, only one guest did both shows, and that was Doug Benson who stayed cause he was workshopping jokes for the MTV Movie Awards, some of which I saw Aziz do the following night at Largo. e to clarify: Doug books his guests with a few days notice max while Scott's said CBB is booked like a month out. I'd imagine Doug pulls someone from the green room when a guest cancels or whatever, but the quality of comedian hanging around UCB to do a set on Tuesday is gonna be pretty decent no matter who's producing.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Tickets for CBB only go on sale the Friday before the show at noon PST, so the tickets have gotta be for the benefit.

indigi fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Nov 14, 2012

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Am I the only one who can't stand Fogelnest? He has that really annoying nasally nerd voice and keeps interjecting all the time like he's about to go on a nerd rant but never seems to come up with anything funny. Doesn't help that I know what he looks like so I have to picture him every time he speaks.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I can stand him, but I'd never choose to listen to his stuff or hope he's a guest on somewhere. He's averaging about .270 on jokes which is a good average for a catcher but not for a comedian.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The last ep was like 90% PFT anyway so I didn't mind.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Conduit for Sale! posted:

The last ep was like 90% PFT anyway so I didn't mind.

Please, call him Ponyboy.

Arstan
May 30, 2012

Thanks Cinco

piratepilates posted:

Am I the only one who can't stand Fogelnest? He has that really annoying nasally nerd voice and keeps interjecting all the time like he's about to go on a nerd rant but never seems to come up with anything funny. Doesn't help that I know what he looks like so I have to picture him every time he speaks.

He's insufferable. At least he makes it plainly obvious that he finds himself very funny. I can just imagine his dopey face as he eagerly awaits his chance to jump in on a bit with absolutely nothing...

PFT's shoulders must've been a little raw after carrying that entire episode.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I'm listening to the episode with James Adomian and I think his Tom Leykus was better when he did it on the Todd Glass Show. Maybe this version is more accurate to current day Leykus though, it's been at least a decade since I listened to that awful man's awful show.

It's not gonna happen but I really want an episode with Todd Glass and James Adomian doing Todd Glass. Also I'm pretty sure every episode could be improved with Adomian (or PFT for that matter) cackling in the background.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

I'm listening to the episode with James Adomian and I think his Tom Leykus was better when he did it on the Todd Glass Show. Maybe this version is more accurate to current day Leykus though, it's been at least a decade since I listened to that awful man's awful show.

It's not gonna happen but I really want an episode with Todd Glass and James Adomian doing Todd Glass. Also I'm pretty sure every episode could be improved with Adomian (or PFT for that matter) cackling in the background.

Now I want an interview with PFT interviewing comedians while simultaneously interviewing James Adomian doing those comedians.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I went to my first CBB live show on Halloween, and now it's coming to an end? I wanted to start going regularly. This is bummertown.

Totally gonna try and get tickets for the last two shows.

cams fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 15, 2012

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Also I'm pretty sure every episode could be improved with Adomian (or PFT for that matter) cackling in the background.

Right? They should just sit in the room of every episode and enhance each bit ten-fold with their cheery guffawing.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I'd like you to reprise your role not on cocaine, just for comparison.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

LesterGroans posted:

Right? They should just sit in the room of every episode and enhance each bit ten-fold with their cheery guffawing.
Hah-hauuuuwww hooow hahahaaahohoo

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Lennon Parham on this week's podcast? Time to strap myself in and watch for the finger-guns.

EDIT: 2 minutes in and I'm already buckled.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
THE THIGH, uh is Scott just hinting that he's well hung or is there something I'm missing there?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Crankit posted:

THE THIGH, uh is Scott just hinting that he's well hung or is there something I'm missing there?

Scott is forever trying to bring up tangents that he really, really, really wishes someone would comment on so he can Yes, And on them. For instance every time he brought up him and Kulap trying to conceive (which got crickets, every time).

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Scott's "Yes And" attempts just make it even more hilarious, especially the Kulap conceiving one. I die every time he tries it.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
The best "yes, and" is still nothing compared to a "that's right." delivered by Paul F. Tompkins or Lennon Parham, masters of improv momentum.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Lugaloco posted:

Scott's "Yes And" attempts just make it even more hilarious, especially the Kulap conceiving one. I die every time he tries it.

I love when he starts to sing a song and nobody jumps in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq730LUipt4

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Popelmon posted:

I love when he starts to sing a song and nobody jumps in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq730LUipt4

One of my favorite moments was when people actually did join in with Scott in singing. Except it was "Wake me Up Before you Go Go", and Scott didn't know the words. I wish I could remember what episode it was, or at least who the guest was so I could look it up.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Ah I know what you mean but apparently nobody put that on Youtube.
I found this however!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grWbiRelPC4

"I started something that I don't want to keep going :gonk:"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Popelmon posted:

Ah I know what you mean but apparently nobody put that on Youtube.
I found this however!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grWbiRelPC4

"I started something that I don't want to keep going :gonk:"

Yeah, I looked for it and I can't find it. I've tried Comedy Bang Bang "Jitterbug" and "Wake Me Up", and neither had any hits that weren't the original songs. :(

I think it may have been a John Hamm episode. I may go through them.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

SpacePig posted:

One of my favorite moments was when people actually did join in with Scott in singing. Except it was "Wake me Up Before you Go Go", and Scott didn't know the words. I wish I could remember what episode it was, or at least who the guest was so I could look it up.

Episode 103, second clip on the site there (edit: the 2 year anniversary / 1st ep as Comedy Bang Bang)

Reformed Pissboy fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 20, 2012

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

Episode 103, second clip on the site there (edit: the 2 year anniversary / 1st ep as Comedy Bang Bang)

Yes! Thank you! I hear that song on the radio at work pretty much every day, and this will forever be all that I hear it as.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
One of my favorite CBB songs is from their Christmas special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcm_EUvhqAA

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Well thanks A student, now I have to listen to that whole episode for the eleventy billionth time because it's faultless. You heartless bastard.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

quote:

While your brain’s still sluggish from tryptophan, try to guess who will be on Monday’s Comedy Bang Bang!

The person on the right is obviously Wompler, but who's on the left? Seth Rogen?

Was hoping that the next St. Clair episode would have Parham too. Can't remember on the Corddry/St. Clair episode did they say if Listler was still in prison?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I hope it's not Seth Rogen. He's so awkward it makes me uncomfortable.

It might be Zach Galifanakis. He's awkward on purpose and it makes me laugh.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Kinda looks like Pally.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Wompler has been on a lot lately. Maybe it's a different character, though I'd be fine with more Wompler- I just need her to reunite with Listler though.

Could that guy be Adam Pally or Tim Heidecker?

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem
Chris Pratt?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

That's what I thought, at first, but unless Scott is way taller than I think he is, I don't think he's tall enough to be Pratt.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

It's Apatow. They recorded it last month and Jessica spoiled the guest on Twitter.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Well, I hope he's funny, but Wompler + any guest is a recipe for greatness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!
Did they give a last name to Wompler's step-dad Seth? what if he's super famous and cool?