Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011
God warzone is kicking my rear end atm. Being a Chinese Commando is like being a chinese soldier in Fallout China, you are sent to die in waves with your fellow Chinamen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

rypakal posted:

Odd question, but what happens to items stored in the underground hideout mod if you load without the mod? I have a freeze I've narrowed down to that mod, but moving all that stuff out manually doesn't sound like fun. I've tried a few places that feel obvious, and my google fu is failing this one.
Any items in the cell or in chests added by UH would vanish along with the cell itself.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

rypakal posted:

Odd question, but what happens to items stored in the underground hideout mod if you load without the mod? I have a freeze I've narrowed down to that mod, but moving all that stuff out manually doesn't sound like fun. I've tried a few places that feel obvious, and my google fu is failing this one.

As mentioned, anything in there would vanish never to return. I suggest throwing the ol' cheat terminal into your game:
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45638

If your mid game, you'll need to go to Doc Mitchel's place and find the portable unit on the floor under some very obvious terminals next to the vigor tester. It's activated as an aid item, at which point a terminal screen will pop up once you close your pipboy. Go to "storage" and you have 6 or 7 containers available through the cheat terminal menu, and can therefore access anywhere.

Snatch up everything in your hideout, dump it all in one of the cheat terminal bins, then you can go on your merry way and unload them later somewhere else.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Hobo on Fire posted:

As mentioned, anything in there would vanish never to return. I suggest throwing the ol' cheat terminal into your game:
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45638

If your mid game, you'll need to go to Doc Mitchel's place and find the portable unit on the floor under some very obvious terminals next to the vigor tester. It's activated as an aid item, at which point a terminal screen will pop up once you close your pipboy. Go to "storage" and you have 6 or 7 containers available through the cheat terminal menu, and can therefore access anywhere.

Snatch up everything in your hideout, dump it all in one of the cheat terminal bins, then you can go on your merry way and unload them later somewhere else.

It's really the Packrats Bag of Holding as far as I'm concerned. The only other thing I've ever used it for was spawning ammo for testing sorting/manufactoring stuff. It's such a useful mod.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I am going to have non-consensual sex with you, and when you wake up I'll leave flowers and a chocolate on my pillow.

Please, keep going!

this is highly creepy but thank you and glad you like it

still needs lots of stuff and dreading the point where I get to UVmapping and lowpoly and argh.

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Nov 24, 2012

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Keep at it. I for one really do agree FNV is missing some bad rear end revolver style laser weaponry.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

fentan posted:

Is this what love feels like. :allears:

I'm trying this mod and enjoying it but I think my laser sight is picking up the wrong texture or something:

Any ideas as to what might have gone wrong?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Colon Semicolon posted:

this is highly creepy but thank you and glad you like it

still needs lots of stuff and dreading the point where I get to UVmapping and lowpoly and argh.

Counting down to my Sparks Nevada gimmick playthrough. :)

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

SeanBeansShako posted:

Keep at it. I for one really do agree FNV is missing some bad rear end revolver style laser weaponry.

I don't have it off hand, but there's a mod Beeb turned me onto that allows you to manufacture a plasma revolver using some junk and a .357 that's one part remodel and texture, and two parts totally loving awesome. It still functions as a revolver, reloads the same way, except it's metal and shiny and glowy and it reloads by shoving SEC's into the loading gate, bright green when they go in, dark and empty and dead red when they come out.

fakedit: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/40174

this is it. it's gorgeous.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
Cirosan I'm trying out your tweaks on a new game, but I'll be putting in a massive exp slower as soon as I ding level 2 or 3. So I use the Recalibration Token, save/exit, activate the exp slower, make a new merged patch with the slower included, then restart and use the Token again. Is that right...?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

StandardVC10 posted:

I'm trying this mod and enjoying it but I think my laser sight is picking up the wrong texture or something:
Any ideas as to what might have gone wrong?

Yeah, get the latest update.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Naky posted:

Yeah, get the latest update.

Oh hey that worked. Thank you.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

What is the mod that's being used in this picture that changes the names of items? I.E., Mag: Lad's Life

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
That is any number of "Better Sorting" mods. Wrye Flash NV has an option for this, as does Project Nevada.

JoeCool
Aug 15, 2009
Anyone know why the initial Dead Money quest could not be triggering? I am getting the radio station, but nothing else.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

JoeCool posted:

Anyone know why the initial Dead Money quest could not be triggering? I am getting the radio station, but nothing else.

You could try setstage xx005229 0 , where xx = the load order of dead money. If dead money is the sixth module to load, make it 06. Then try setstage xx005229 10 , which will complete it. Finally, I suppose you can just skip the quest altogether.

Renditious
Sep 25, 2012
So I've been assembling mods for my new playthrough, and I've been looking at NVEC's enhancements module (not the bugfixes or other stuff). On the one hand, it seems like it would be nice to add a lot of small but good mods into one package, on the other, I can't help but suspect that the mod adds instability. So what's the story on this one, worth including?

Also, any suggestions for good explosives mods? I'd like to make this new character an explosives based one, so I'm looking for mods that make that side of things better.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Just saw this. It apparently still has a few issues, but it allows you to stick C4 to surfaces.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/48430

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/48433

Released the H&K CAWS.

Renditious
Sep 25, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

Just saw this. It apparently still has a few issues, but it allows you to stick C4 to surfaces.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/48430

Looks interesting, and the issues seem to be more aesthetic then anything else. I'll give it a shot.

Now that is a nice gun. Are you ever going to release all these guns as a pack? It'd be nice to be able to download all the shiny new guns in one package.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Yeah, I'll be doing a pack eventually done up in The Armory's format. I'll get more motivation to do it when he fills in a couple of the lacking weapon categories :keke:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Anyone know where this outfit is from? I know where the scarf is from, but not the rest.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

physeter posted:

Cirosan I'm trying out your tweaks on a new game, but I'll be putting in a massive exp slower as soon as I ding level 2 or 3. So I use the Recalibration Token, save/exit, activate the exp slower, make a new merged patch with the slower included, then restart and use the Token again. Is that right...?
Sounds like you've got the order right to me. The messages that pop up when you use the token should clue you in, too. The first activation should say something like, "OK, you can go change your game settings now" and the second time should say, "Got it, I'll recalibrate to those values now".

You mentioned using a merged patch, and that's kind of a concern. Let me shamelessly copy-paste something from a Nexus response of mine to clarify why:

quote:

Bashed/Merged Patch is great for combining related mods together and making sure they play well/aren't overriden, but careful about which modules you include. Because Bashed/Merged Patch loads last, it will override everything that comes before it, so a patch that you have loaded might not take effect.

It's probably safe to integrate CCO's patches for DLCs and base content into Bashed/Merged Patch, but I'd avoid compatibility patches for other mods. For example, I don't see a problem with merging the Classic Perks patch for Dead Money, but I wouldn't merge the Classic Perks patch for Project Nevada. The latter would run the risk of having the compatibility patch be nullified because everything is being grouped together.

If you intend to play CCO with JSawyer and want one to definitely take precedent, I'd avoid integrating any of them at all into Bashed/Merged Patch. Project Nevada (barring the rebalance) doesn't do much to alter base game content, so it should play nice with CCO in a Bashed/Merged Patch. JSawyer on the other hand is another story.

In short: If you want to use CCO with JSawyer and PN, I'd avoid integrating any of them in your Bashed/Merged Patch. If you're using standalone CCO, it should be fine to integrate some things into your Bashed/Merged Patch.
Finally, let me preempt some questions I know I'll get sooner or later: No, I haven't forgotten about my More Wild Wasteland Encounters mod. It just sort of fell by the wayside while I worked on polishing CCO. Similarly, I still want to try to make a better alternative to Puce Moose's hand-placed loot remover. I need to look at how F3 Wanderer's Edition did it more closely, but I don't have F3 installed on this computer right now. I think my disks are somewhere in my closet.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Most of the modelling is done except for detailing the open casing on the barrel and adding something (not sure what) to the inside of the ammo chamber. Not sure what to expect on the next steps, really.

Come to think of it, this thing doesn't really have a name. Any suggestions?

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Nov 26, 2012

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

If you make the base texture and UV map and all that stuff, can I have a shot at banging it up post-apoc style in Photoshop? I've only done some pretty basic armour retextures in the past, it'd be cool to have a go at a gun for once. It looks awesome, by the way.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
Any help texturing would be welcome, as that's the part I'm weakest at in general. (I'd say UVmapping as well since I HATE that step, but it's not really the worst thing to do and it's the least taxing part of the whole process.)

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I got a few ideas for names (it's cheating I know).

• Serenity - If you wanna go the referential route.
  • Peace/Piece of Mind - This sounds like some sort of TF2 weapon...
  • Bigger Iron - I... uh...what? Yeah, sure.

I shouldn't quit my day job.

EDIT: VVV I like that one too.

TexMexFoodbaby fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 26, 2012

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

FauxGateau posted:

I got a few ideas for names (it's cheating I know).

• Serenity - If you wanna go the referential route.
  • Peace/Piece of Mind - This sounds like some sort of TF2 weapon...
  • Bigger Iron - I... uh...what? Yeah, sure.

I shouldn't quit my day job.

It's too big and blocky and doesn't quite match it for a firefly reference.

Big Iron is loving great though.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
so, what is the process when reaching the mod limit (266) and wanting to add more?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

LumberingTroll posted:

so, what is the process when reaching the mod limit (266) and wanting to add more?

Answer #1) Holy poo poo how did you hit the mod limit? How does your game even run?!?!?

Answer #2 (real answer)) use FNVEdit to combine mods together into bigger composite mods. It's easiest to do this with content mods since you literally just click and drag the new content into your merged mod and then just deactivate all the now-redundant original mods.

*edit*
Hey man Corgis are awesome. I can't hold that against you.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 26, 2012

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

It's sort of hard to go to the nexus and download just a couple of mods. I have a mod that does nothing but add Corgis to the game, for instance. Why? I don't know, they're the dopiest looking things.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Give me that mod now

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Anyone know where this outfit is from? I know where the scarf is from, but not the rest.

Nivea's spice of life mod. There's some good stuff in there.
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/44476

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Bam

If you check out the uploader's user page there is also a mod adding corgi companions, which I didn't bother to use.

Hobo on Fire posted:

Oh goddamnit I would be all over this if it didn't require those body replacers.

edit: erg, did it anyway. My desire for gasmasks overrides my reluctance of skeevy body replacers.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 26, 2012

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Answer #1) Holy poo poo how did you hit the mod limit? How does your game even run?!?!?

Answer #2 (real answer)) use FNVEdit to combine mods together into bigger composite mods. It's easiest to do this with content mods since you literally just click and drag the new content into your merged mod and then just deactivate all the now-redundant original mods.

*edit*
Hey man Corgis are awesome. I can't hold that against you.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Compatibility patches eat up a lot of esp space, on top of that I just like playing with a full retardedly mod out game, I made the TCOM package for oblivion. Can I get a link to more detailed instructions or more information? You say click and drag the new content, what content? the esp entries? or the entries in the file structure under them?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Hobo on Fire posted:

Body replacers? poo poo, guess I better figure out how to add my scars to one of them :(

I really like scars. :shobon:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

LumberingTroll posted:

Compatibility patches eat up a lot of esp space, on top of that I just like playing with a full retardedly mod out game, I made the TCOM package for oblivion. Can I get a link to more detailed instructions or more information? You say click and drag the new content, what content? the esp entries? or the entries in the file structure under them?

The esp entries themselves. The actual file structure should stay in place because that's where all the esp entries are pointing to get their data.

For example, suppose you have a few mods that add new clothing/armours to the game. Those are good ones to combine into a supermod because each individual mod tends to only add one or two things to the game and they rarely conflict with anything. So what you want to do is create some new .esp (you can do this halfway through this process, you don't need to do it in advance really) and open it up along with all the mods you want to merge in FNVEdit. Then you just go to the relevant entries for the items added by the mods in their own individual .esp files, and right-click and choose "Add to esp as override" (or whatever the actual wording is - unfortunately I'm at work so I don't have it open here in front of me. "override" is the key word you want in any case). Pick your new .esp (or create a new one from this menu) as the target and then that's it. Just repeat that process for everything in each mod you want to merge together and so long as nothing conflicts you're good.

One thing to check for is making sure that the original content mods aren't listed as requirements for other mods - if you created an automatic merge patch with FNVEdit it might have them, so you'll want to make a new one after you're done manually merging together all your content mods. If they are listed as requirements then they'll get loaded into your mod list even if you have them deactivated, which won't solve your "I'm out of hex values for mod IDs" issue.

Theoretically you can merge every mod you have into one giant ultra-mod, since ultimately that's what the game itself is doing when it loads everything in anyway. It's probably not a good idea to do that though since it basically makes updating anything impossible, which is why I recommend just merging light content mods like weapons/armours/items; stuff that tends not to need updating ever and doesn't have anything more difficult to work with like scripts and the like.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

Hobo on Fire posted:

This mod is great btw, it has a poncho that goes over any armor and and gives you +guns.

It has a lot of items don't seem to fit normal armor slots. Like the gas mask works with any helmet from what little testing I did with it.

Capn Beeb posted:

Body replacers? poo poo, guess I better figure out how to add my scars to one of them :(

I really like scars. :shobon:

I know it says they are required but I installed it without the new models and it seems to run fine

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

LumberingTroll posted:

I was actually thinking of assembling one of those compilation thingies for New Vegas. Corgis would probably be out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Clinton1011 posted:

I know it says they are required but I installed it without the new models and it seems to run fine

Cool :) Also if I want to edit the meshes, I just extract the .bsa to the appropriate folders, then delete it, right?