Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I just saw a commercial for Sandra Lee's new bar show. It involved her making a cocktail in like 15 seconds. Oh Sandra Lee. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

dude789 posted:

I just saw a commercial for Sandra Lee's new bar show. It involved her making a cocktail in like 15 seconds. Oh Sandra Lee. :allears:

I unironically can't wait for that.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Thanksgiving Live is starting right now. It was pretty fun last year.

Edit: If you're missing this, catch the replay. Alton is giving Giada so much poo poo, it's fantastic.

Red Warrior fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 18, 2012

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

dude789 posted:

She seriously needs to learn from Kevin Bosch on good alcohol. I still love the Thirsty Traveler.

Mu Zeta posted:

Unfortunately Guy Fieri's restaurants are packed :(

Just like the mediocre mall restaurant working side by side near the theatre, why is anyone surprised?

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

dude789 posted:

While looking for other poo poo, I found this show was on Uverse On Demand. And in HD! One of these nights when my wife falls asleep on the couch, I'm gonna fire that bitch up.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Alton Brown is on Mythbusters tonight.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Is this whole Family Food Challenge or whatever it's called on Food Network a new show? Because I'm watching it right now and the second round is a train wreck and it's the best.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

I'm not surprised that Chef Zakarian enjoyed having his wife there to work as his sous chef, I doubt he has to pay her so that's right up his alley

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Y Kant Ozma Post posted:

I'm not surprised that Chef Zakarian enjoyed having his wife there to work as his sous chef, I doubt he has to pay her so that's right up his alley

:drat:

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
On NICA I'm loving that Falkner is getting frontrunner status from her performances during Secret Ingredient Showdowns. :psyduck: It just seems goofy that she keeps being "up for elimination" when clearly she's head-and-shoulders above the majority of the contestants.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

They're probably doing that precisely so they can give someone an underdog sort of feel. When half your contestants are going into an elimination challenge, you set that up pretty nicely.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I like the first NICA where Symon basically won every challenge except one. That's a narrative I can trust.

LionsBelow
Oct 30, 2012
Alright, so I think I'm officially allowed to talk about this now:

Sugar Dome (http://www.foodnetwork.com/sugar-dome/index.html) starts Sunday at 8pm. I'm on this show as a cake designer (my episode will be on February 17th...although I'm not allowed to say the theme). I have high hopes for this show. I will be the first to admit that cake shows are stupid played to death, repetitive, and generally full of nonsense. But this show seems to be a bit more genuine, and I'm hoping the pairing of cake artist, sugar artists, and artists artists will make it a really fun show to watch.

I'm excited to see what you guys think on Sunday. :)

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

I will be watching! I'll make sure to watch the one on the 17th and be really mean about every contestant just to get your goat :twisted:

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I'm curious about the show too. What I've seen in the promos so far has been really impressive so I'm hoping that it manages to be as consistently awesome as it looks.

I left my TV on after the new Sweet Genius and they're showing a rerun of NICA. Having so many people in the elimination challenge is so dumb if they're only going to eliminate one person. It really decreases the importance of the elimination challenge.

buddychrist10 fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 23, 2012

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

dude789 posted:

I left my TV on after the new Sweet Genius and they're showing a rerun of NICA. Having so many people in the elimination challenge is so dumb if they're only going to eliminate one person. It really decreases the importance of the elimination challenge.

It does, however, give Falkner ample opportunity to look like a zillion bucks to close the show.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Christopher Irvine posted:

It does, however, give Falkner ample opportunity to look like a zillion bucks to close the show.

I do not understand the Falkner love. She was really boring last season. Seemed like every dish she made was a souffle or used the ice cream machine. I was wondering if she was going to replace the other 1 trick pony iron chef (bobby, "blue corn tamales every drat time" flay). I mean, I absolutely was rooting for her against Zakarian, but that's because Zakarian is human garbage. I still would have preferred almost any of the other people on the show to both of them.

I'm sure her food is delicious, but I, as a viewer, don't particularly care that much. I've always liked iron chef for how insane the chefs sometimes got, and how that could occasionally lead to brilliance. The last thing I want out of an iron chef is just pulling the same tricks every week, and based on last years performance that is what Falkner would have done.

No souffle's or ice creams so far though, so maybe she spent the last year practicing a whole bunch?

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Failboattootoot posted:

No souffle's or ice creams so far though, so maybe she spent the last year practicing a whole bunch?

I'm like 80% sure she made an ice cream last elimination challenge. I just really like her as a person and I want to eat everything I've seen her make. v:shobon:v

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

LionsBelow posted:

Alright, so I think I'm officially allowed to talk about this now:

Sugar Dome (http://www.foodnetwork.com/sugar-dome/index.html) starts Sunday at 8pm. I'm on this show as a cake designer (my episode will be on February 17th...although I'm not allowed to say the theme). I have high hopes for this show. I will be the first to admit that cake shows are stupid played to death, repetitive, and generally full of nonsense. But this show seems to be a bit more genuine, and I'm hoping the pairing of cake artist, sugar artists, and artists artists will make it a really fun show to watch.

I'm excited to see what you guys think on Sunday. :)

Am I accurate in saying that I have seen Zakk Wylde in commercials for this show? If you cannot answer, I understand.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
My wife and I are looking forward to that Sugardome show. She particular enjoys the crazy sugar sculptures on those competition shows.

Been watching some Restaurant Impossible and they are really laying on the 'fixing the personal problems between owners/family members' much more this season, the new design and cooking parts of it have been scaled way back which is a shame. Gotta have that drama I guess.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Considering the way they decorated in that Flood Tide episode, maybe it's not such a bad thing if they scale back on decor attempts.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Frot Lesnar posted:

Guy responds to the review

These are much better responses to that review:
http://flint.craigslist.org/rnr/3411956576.html

LionsBelow
Oct 30, 2012

Doomsday Jesus posted:

Am I accurate in saying that I have seen Zakk Wylde in commercials for this show? If you cannot answer, I understand.

I don't know about Zakk Wylde being on the show, honestly. The confidentiality for this show was ridiculous. We couldn't even walk through the set if there was another team from a different episode anywhere in the building. Wish I could tell you!

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Listen Bronwen, just make an acrostic out of whatever you have to tell us. Surely your confidentiality agreement didn't include acrostics.

Like this:

Girls are
Enjoyable.
They're fun.

Simple facts
Or the truth
Might hurt,
Easily.

Dogs are cool too,
Is my life a sham?
Cause I think so
Knock knock

Or maybe not
Zen is what I see
My life is fun
And I'm happy.

criscodisco fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 24, 2012

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Don't mind if I do.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Y Kant Ozma Post posted:

Considering the way they decorated in that Flood Tide episode, maybe it's not such a bad thing if they scale back on decor attempts.

Oh my GAWD why won't you just let me forget about that disaster :mad:

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Christopher Irvine posted:

Oh my GAWD why won't you just let me forget about that disaster :mad:

It was just on the other day!

I try to forget about it too, but I can't. I think the owner of that restaurant is one of the people who says that the show didn't really do anything for them.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
Isn't that most of them?

All-Star Family Cookoff wasn't super-exciting or anything but it did give me this awesome screencap.

vvv wanna emptyqoute this vvv

SHVPS4DETH fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Nov 24, 2012

LionsBelow
Oct 30, 2012

criscodisco posted:

Listen Bronwen, just make an acrostic out of whatever you have to tell us. Surely your confidentiality agreement didn't include acrostics.

Like this:

Girls are
Enjoyable.
They're fun.

Simple facts
Or the truth
Might hurt,
Easily.

Dogs are cool too,
Is my life a sham?
Cause I think so
Knock knock

Or maybe not
Zen is what I see
My life is fun
And I'm happy.

I love you.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Y Kant Ozma Post posted:

It was just on the other day!

I try to forget about it too, but I can't. I think the owner of that restaurant is one of the people who says that the show didn't really do anything for them.

Flood Tide episode?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Toffile posted:

Flood Tide episode?

http://www.theday.com/article/20101006/ENT04/310069868

The Restaurant Impossible where they had to change the name because it was so toxic in the community.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Did anyone else watch the pilot of "What's On The Menu" last night? It was pretty insanely retarded, even for Food Network.

Basically, the premise is that a person eating at a restaurant has an earbud, and the host is giving them "challenges" to earn money, such as throwing a glass of water in the waiter's face.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Timby posted:

Did anyone else watch the pilot of "What's On The Menu" last night? It was pretty insanely retarded, even for Food Network.

I refused to watch. Just the premise makes me annoyed and uncomfortable so no way.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Y Kant Ozma Post posted:

I refused to watch. Just the premise makes me annoyed and uncomfortable so no way.

It's hard for me to articulate how uncomfortable the whole thing made me. "If you act like a complete jackass to everyone around you, we'll give you a hundred bucks" skeezes me out on a whole new level.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Timby posted:

"If you act like a complete jackass to everyone around you, we'll give you a hundred bucks" skeezes me out on a whole new level.

Finally the secret to Guy Fieri affording a Times Square restaurant is revealed.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Timby posted:

It's hard for me to articulate how uncomfortable the whole thing made me. "If you act like a complete jackass to everyone around you, we'll give you a hundred bucks" skeezes me out on a whole new level.

So it's like a weird reversed version of MTV's Boiling Point? That sound awful, but not just awful, nearly impossible to pull of legitimately without, you know... consequences?

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

"I'm sorry I dumped water on you and embarrassed you, a total stranger, in a restaurant but hey I got $100 and I'm on TV. Worth it, right?"

Though given how fake much of the stuff they put out these days is, who's to say that any of that is remotely real

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!

criscodisco posted:

Like this:

Girls are
Enjoyable.
They're fun.

Simple facts
Or the truth
Might hurt,
Easily.

Dogs are cool too,
Is my life a sham?
Cause I think so
Knock knock

Or maybe not
Zen is what I see
My life is fun
And I'm happy.

How come you don't like Star Trek anymore? :(

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7xpPyzT494

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Y Kant Ozma Post posted:

"I'm sorry I dumped water on you and embarrassed you, a total stranger, in a restaurant but hey I got $100 and I'm on TV. Worth it, right?"

Though given how fake much of the stuff they put out these days is, who's to say that any of that is remotely real

I'm trying to remember all the assholish things they made people do. There was "I'll Have What He's Having," so the contestant was the first at a table of eight to order, and then each time someone else ordered, he had to change his order to that. Dump a pitcher of water over your head. Completely freeze at random. It was just so much fuckery and it really made me uncomfortable watching it.

• Locked thread