Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.

Ashcans posted:

Mostly I think that people should be careful about arguing that way because 'You only believe this because you are stupid and ignorant' is a pretty bad way to begin any sort of discussion and basically poisons the dialogue before it begins. I mean if you don't give a poo poo about changing people's minds, ok, but if you are hoping to actually sway anyone it isn't a good way to start (or continue).

Very much agreed. It's hard enough to change anyone's mind without, "Benghazi? Pfft, that's just your abnormally large fear receptor talking."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
I'm sure the guys at AFRICOM would be surprised to hear just how many aircraft and personnel they apparently have ready to respond to any incident at a moment's notice.

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

quote:

I'm sure the guys at AFRICOM would be surprised to hear just how many aircraft and personnel they apparently have ready to respond to any incident at a moment's notice.

Yeah, people don't get it. For all of Africa there is only one jet fighter plane from AFRICOM to stop UFOs. Nobody has even bothered installing a laser beam or anything on it. When a UFO appears they do not even launch the plane.

What AFRICOM really needs is a satellite over Benghazi.

madlobster
Aug 12, 2003

Laminator posted:

I was also driving through the DFW area yesterday and found a conservative radio station. Some dude was talking about how he was having drinks one day with an advisor for the Carter administration, and that the advisor said that "welfare is societies' payment for keeping the poor in their place." This, of course, has a biblical story to go with it - when Jesus was being anointed with expensive oils by his disciples, one of his disciples asked why they were using the oils for that, when they could instead sell the oils and donate the money to the poor. And do you know what that disciples' name was? Judas.

So I guess the moral of the story is that liberals secretly hate the poor and want to see them all crucified, while upstanding Christian Conservatives want to... not do that i guess? It was so absurd that I just burst out laughing.

John 12:4-6 posted:

Then one of His disciples, Judas Iscariot (who was about to betray Him), said, “Why wasn’t this fragrant oil sold for 300 denarii and given to the poor?” He didn’t say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief. He was in charge of the money-bag and would steal part of what was put in it.
Judas wanted to help the poor only so he could skim money off of it? Sounds like he has a place in the Republican party.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

TerminalSaint posted:

According to the conservative spin, every unit is a crack team of Navy SEALs, Green Berets, and the hardest of the hardcore Marines, just constantly on 24-hour alert with gear at the ready, and all planes are ones that can load up, take off and reach a target zone in 10 minutes flat. This is after the successful barrage of missiles that take out only the bad guys while leaving ARE BOYS unscathed.

But no, instead our pResident left them all to die, while he sat on his throne of skulls and watched it all go down via drone camera, sipping the blood of pure white Christian virgins (from his specially-crafted Muslim silver chalice) and cackling maniacally. :sigh:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

madlobster posted:

Judas wanted to help the poor only so he could skim money off of it? Sounds like he has a place in the Republican party.

To be fair John was kinda the crazy one, did the other gospels have him as a thief?

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

madlobster posted:

I essentially broke that down to a highly conservative family member during a discussion about how Jesus really was a champion of the poor. I used everything from that verse, to the fact that Jesus said how tough it was for a rich man to get into Heaven, "blessed are the poor", giving everything away, blah blah, etc. Their whole argument was that a sign of how heathen the government was at the time was their absurdly large taxes. And that Jesus' commands are solely for the individual, and a truly saved person will listen to Jesus; good ideas. But that forced taxes are theft, and therefore sin. These people will literally go through endless mental exercises in order to live with their greed. Regardless of whether Jesus' rules are solely for individuals, the entirety of the Gospels is predicated upon bringing the Kingdom of God to Earth, in order to redeem our Fall. That is the whole reason for why Jesus arrived: so God and Man could be reconciled, not to just spread some nice ideas. I explained this to them, and their response was "That's just your average liberal intellectual brainwashing! College just over complicates things, faith is about trusting God and following Him now and He'll answer us and make everything perfect after we die." (I'm a religion minor). There is such an opposition between Christianity and Republicanism when it comes to the Gospels, they are genuinely willing to shove square pegs into round holes if it means sleeping at night. They can't face hell, but they can't give up their sin yet, either: the stereotypical lukewarm Christian.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Hastings posted:

I essentially broke that down to a highly conservative family member during a discussion about how Jesus really was a champion of the poor. I used everything from that verse, to the fact that Jesus said how tough it was for a rich man to get into Heaven, "blessed are the poor", giving everything away, blah blah, etc. Their whole argument was that a sign of how heathen the government was at the time was their absurdly large taxes. And that Jesus' commands are solely for the individual, and a truly saved person will listen to Jesus; good ideas. But that forced taxes are theft, and therefore sin. These people will literally go through endless mental exercises in order to live with their greed. Regardless of whether Jesus' rules are solely for individuals, the entirety of the Gospels is predicated upon bringing the Kingdom of God to Earth, in order to redeem our Fall. That is the whole reason for why Jesus arrived: so God and Man could be reconciled, not to just spread some nice ideas. I explained this to them, and their response was "That's just your average liberal intellectual brainwashing! College just over complicates things, faith is about trusting God and following Him now and He'll answer us and make everything perfect after we die." (I'm a religion minor). There is such an opposition between Christianity and Republicanism when it comes to the Gospels, they are genuinely willing to shove square pegs into round holes if it means sleeping at night. They can't face hell, but they can't give up their sin yet, either: the stereotypical lukewarm Christian.

People can get ridiculously obstinate even in the face of actual facts and figures. It stands to reason that they're going to perform even more mental gymnastics when it comes to something that's harder to verify scientifically, like theology and interpretation of religious texts.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

People can get ridiculously obstinate even in the face of actual facts and figures. It stands to reason that they're going to perform even more mental gymnastics when it comes to something that's harder to verify scientifically, like theology and interpretation of religious texts.

Oh I totally agree, I just find it fascinating that given how outwardly they give the impression of being devout and wanting a "Christian nation", you know, that they would try to not blaspheme and desecrate Jesus' own words.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Hastings posted:

Oh I totally agree, I just find it fascinating that given how outwardly they give the impression of being devout and wanting a "Christian nation", you know, that they would try to not blaspheme and desecrate Jesus' own words.

Well, that's just because the commonly accepted interpretation of Jesus' word (help the poor, love thy neighbor, turn the other cheek, etc.) doesn't quite square with the typical right-wing view of how things should be (FYGM, "what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine too", "don't retreat, reload", etc.).It's easier for them to just reinterpret Jesus' teachings to fit their point of view than it is to admit they're wrong, and that they really are a bunch of greedy bastards who would rather leave everything in ruins than give a dime to those they feel are "less deserving".

anything576
Sep 26, 2010
What other media outlets don't want you to know!
I've gone so long without receiving one of these "info graphs" from my friend.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I thought that only the US used a Caduceus as a medical symbol.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

anything576 posted:

Oh right! Legalizing homosexuality means you have the right to conduct apartheid and murder children. How did I not think of that before forming my opinion?

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Also women are allowed to vote in every mid east country minus Saudi Arabia. However, starting in 2015 women will have the right to vote in Saudi Arabia, and they won't even need the permission of their male guardian!(If the polling place isn't in walking distance they'll just need a male to drive them to go exercise their right)

Hamas was also democratically elected after the west demanded elections, then said they voted the wrong way.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
The Israeli military somehow manages to avoids civilian casualties despite demonstrably using Palestinian civilians as human shields by dropping leaflets, making phione calls, 'roof knocking' (loud, non-lethal warning shots), and using expensive precision weaponry to only blow up one family home at a time.

Israeli casualties are low because qassam rockets are built out of plumbing parts and are literally less sophisticated than model rockets because its Iron Dome system currently has an 80% interception rate.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Hastings posted:

to the fact that Jesus said how tough it was for a rich man to get into Heaven

Fun little thing to throw around with this verse is that there isn't an actual Eye of the Needle that a lot of evangelicals think exist. The link below has more of an explanation, but basically the word that has been translated as "Camel" is more likely to be "rope" which makes a great deal more sense in context.

Click

It's truly at odds with the prosperity gospel that is still being preached in a modified format today.

Edit:
v You win v

Ratmtattat fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 24, 2012

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Ratmtattat posted:

Fun little thing to throw around with this verse is that there isn't an actual Eye of the Needle that a lot of evangelicals think exist. The link below has more of an explanation, but basically the word that has been translated as "Camel" is more likely to be "rope" which makes a great deal more sense in context.

But perhaps the contemporary concept of "rope" included threads, and he meant that it was as simple as putting a thread through a needle for a rich man to enter heaven!

And what about the giant needles used to sew things together with rope?

Check and mate, commies!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

What I always think is funny about when people try to weasel out a version of that passage where Jesus is saying that rich people can get into heaven if then kneel or whatever is that the rich dude was totally willing to do that. He is too attached to his possessions and chooses them over following Christ after which the camel through a needle line comes. You literally have to take that bit totally out of the rest of the story to even try at seeing it as anything other than "riches = bad."

I almost want to sit in at an evangelical sermon just to see if they make sure no actual bibles are there in case one of the parish accidentally opens one and learns what the religion is really about.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Ratmtattat posted:

Click

It's truly at odds with the prosperity gospel that is still being preached in a modified format today.

Not to be a douche, but while the article you linked to does a good job of pointing out "no, there was no gate named Eye of the Needle", it also spends a couple paragraphs explaining why the word could very well have been "camel", and why it's no more likely that it was supposed to be "rope" than "camel". In fact, the better part of it is in being able to point out that people are attempting to re-"translate" and reinterpret the Bible completely separated from the historical, cultural, and linguistic history of each part's respective era, and that modern Evangelical sola scriptura is devoid of actual argumentative merit, because it's based on an argument from ignorance (literally, "I don't need to know anything but what the Bible says"), and often only on what someone else has told them the Bible says. The number of people who think they can reinterpret the theology of a religion based solely on its English translation and various "textual trickeries", as that article puts it, are especially infuriating.

Sarion
Dec 24, 2003

anything576 posted:

Liberal democracy? Sounds like a bunch of commies in Israel.

That whole thing brings to mind the idea of "I beat up children, but its ok because I wear body armor and boxing gloves when I do it. Also, I'm not a homophobe, so you can tell I'm a good person."

At some point I wish the US would stop with being a bunch of apologists for Israel and realize both sides are doing absolutely terrible things. It's never going to get resolved as long as we keep justifying horrible poo poo for one side and demonizing the other for theirs.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

anything576 posted:

A. I thought conservatives were against homosexuality.

B. More seriously, if other media outlets don't want us to know this, why do they keep putting on Israeli PR people who hammer these "facts" in over and over again?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

A. I thought conservatives were against homosexuality.

That image is from Canada, it's Sun News Network which desperately tries to be Fox News North. Us being Canada, even our crazy Conservatives don't dare touch gay marriage, and in fact have recently been going on an ad blitz talking about how they're supposedly standing up for gay rights overseas. Conservatives up here don't necessarily like gay people any more than they do in the States, but they have to pretend they do because the public is fully supportive of gay people being treated 100% equally.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Not to be a douche...

No douchiness taken. I get what you're talking about how the exact translation of the word in this context is likely never going to be had. While I would personally use Jesus' history of helping the poor and needy as context for a statement like this , I could appreciate what you're saying and would love to have a discussion about it.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

anything576 posted:

Notice how they leave out the figures of the number of Palestinian deaths at the hands of Israelis vs. the number of Israeli deaths at the hands of Palestinians over the past 10 years.

Amused to Death posted:

Also women are allowed to vote in every mid east country minus Saudi Arabia. However, starting in 2015 women will have the right to vote in Saudi Arabia, and they won't even need the permission of their male guardian!(If the polling place isn't in walking distance they'll just need a male to drive them to go exercise their right)

Hamas was also democratically elected after the west demanded elections, then said they voted the wrong way.

That's part of the other thing left out from that infographic, Hamas spends about 90% of its funds on welfare, food, and other things Palestinians need but aren't getting due to the apartheid perpetrated against them by the Israeli government. A huge portion of the healthcare received by Palestinians actually comes from doctors, dentists, etc. funded and supplied by Hamas. That's why they got elected, not because of the violence they perpetrate with the remaining 10% of their funds.

If the Israeli government actually gave a poo poo about the Palestinians and wanted to do something that would actually hurt Hamas they would end the apartheid. As it is, they are only making Hamas more popular by allowing Hamas to engender goodwill by providing social services, while simultaneously giving them demonstrable evidence that the Israeli government is what is making the lives of Palestinians worse.

VideoTapir posted:

But perhaps the contemporary concept of "rope" included threads, and he meant that it was as simple as putting a thread through a needle for a rich man to enter heaven!

And what about the giant needles used to sew things together with rope?

Check and mate, commies!

I've always been a mixture of amused, perplexed, and aggravated by these people who act like God is some kind of TV courtroom judge who will totally let them off from their stint in hell if they can find some kind of semantic technicality that let's them get away with violating the spirit of what the Bible and Jesus meant.

Seriously, if I were God, I'd be far more pissed at these kinds of people than those who admit their sins and are genuinely contrite about the things they have done.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
But that isn't what Jesus meant. That's the point of the semantic contortions.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

anything576 posted:

What dog do Canadians have in the Israel/Palestine fight? They don't have to militarily protect Israel or back their plays like the U.S., I don't believe they have the largest population of Jews outside of Israel, nor do they have a bunch of Evangelical nuts who believe the Jews play some critical role in bringing on Armageddon, as far as I know.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Am I correct in thinking that America's right-wing insanity permeates our border like a stinking cloud, thinning the further away you get? I would think old people (and young conservative gay webcomic artists) in Canada picked up America's idiocy largely by osmosis.

E: I wonder if the same is true in Mexico? Do people in Juarez think socialism is the devil and FEMA death camps and Plucky Little Israel?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

XyloJW posted:

E: I wonder if the same is true in Mexico? Do people in Juarez think socialism is the devil and FEMA death camps and Plucky Little Israel?

I would imagine people in Juarez are too busy not getting murdered to worry about Plucky Little Israel.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Zwabu posted:

What dog do Canadians have in the Israel/Palestine fight? They don't have to militarily protect Israel or back their plays like the U.S., I don't believe they have the largest population of Jews outside of Israel, nor do they have a bunch of Evangelical nuts who believe the Jews play some critical role in bringing on Armageddon, as far as I know.

XyloJW posted:

Am I correct in thinking that America's right-wing insanity permeates our border like a stinking cloud, thinning the further away you get? I would think old people (and young conservative gay webcomic artists) in Canada picked up America's idiocy largely by osmosis.

In Canada our culture may be about 85% American but socially we're waaaaay more liberal. Most Canadians I know (admittedly I'm a social democrat who hangs out with liberal students) are pretty disgusted by Israel but basically see it as not our fight. The Canadian right wing is just as gung-ho about protecting Israel as the US is, and right now our right wing is in power so there's been a lot of rhetoric coming from the right-wing media (which includes that Sun News Network graphic) about how great Israel is and how totally justified they are to be bombing civilians because they were attacked first :qq: and and and they use precision guided bombs and and and :qq: etc. But at the same time I've seen a pretty serious backlash against our current government from certain segments of the population as people critically assess the current situation in Israel/Gaza and then wonder why the hell our government has publicly stated their unconditional support for Israel.

Our conservatives are trying their hardest to absorb the right-wing crazy from the US and while a lot of it is catching on in more fringe right-wing circles it's by and large bouncing off a majority of the population who see your current political climate as completely insane.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Bruce Leroy posted:

That's part of the other thing left out from that infographic, Hamas spends about 90% of its funds on welfare, food, and other things Palestinians need but aren't getting due to the apartheid perpetrated against them by the Israeli government. A huge portion of the healthcare received by Palestinians actually comes from doctors, dentists, etc. funded and supplied by Hamas. That's why they got elected, not because of the violence they perpetrate with the remaining 10% of their funds.

If the Israeli government actually gave a poo poo about the Palestinians and wanted to do something that would actually hurt Hamas they would end the apartheid. As it is, they are only making Hamas more popular by allowing Hamas to engender goodwill by providing social services, while simultaneously giving them demonstrable evidence that the Israeli government is what is making the lives of Palestinians worse.
That doesn't seem like a current assessment of the situation. Right now what the Palestinians in Gaza are experiencing as a result from Israel's policies is worse than apartheid: it's unlawful imprisonment. And actually I think Hamas is no longer as popular as it used to be, now that it's a governing entity and has had a chance to become as corrupt as the old PA. Their power comes from a combination of legitimacy stemming from the last open elections (which they won by a landslide), partial recognitions by outsiders (even, indirectly, by Israel, though they would not admit it), as well as their military might and paramilitary crackdowns over all alternatives that could pop up against them. The social welfare issue has no longer been the driving force for a while now.

Bruce Leroy posted:

I've always been a mixture of amused, perplexed, and aggravated by these people who act like God is some kind of TV courtroom judge who will totally let them off from their stint in hell if they can find some kind of semantic technicality that let's them get away with violating the spirit of what the Bible and Jesus meant.

Seriously, if I were God, I'd be far more pissed at these kinds of people than those who admit their sins and are genuinely contrite about the things they have done.
If you think that's crazy, start reading about the beast that is Orthodox Rabbinical Judaism. God says you can't leave your block on the Sabbath? No problem! We'll use the magic of making poo poo up to proclaim that a "block" can actually be enclosed by an arbitrary fence - then fence out a whole city.

But gay sex? INEXCUSABLE.

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

Last night on the news here in BC there was a segment about the Canadian government's growing debt, about 600 billion. They broke it down by population and said every Canadian "owes" the equivalent of a brand new car. And that our children and grandchildren, etc. are gonna have to carry the burden of paying down the debt.

It seemed like a segment I'd see on American news, honestly. And it didn't say what the debt actually means or why it's such a bad thing. It was basically "wooAAhh look at this DEBT! Numbers!" and that's it.

I'm completely ignorant about these issues, but is Canada's debt similar to the US in that it's more or a less a non-issue? Can the government borrow money at extremely low interest rates? Or does it work differently up here?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ana Lucia Cortez posted:

I'm completely ignorant about these issues, but is Canada's debt similar to the US in that it's more or a less a non-issue? Can the government borrow money at extremely low interest rates? Or does it work differently up here?

It does not work differently and our debt is just as much a non-issue as the US debt is. Deficits rise in a recession due to decreased tax revenue and increased stimulus spending, and when the recession ends they return to normal levels. This recession is one of the best times to borrow money in history because interest rates are lower than inflation. Don't listen to conservative media/politicians that try and scare you with big numbers about debt, they're trying to get you to support austerity which is a terrible, terrible idea.

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

vyelkin posted:

It does not work differently and our debt is just as much a non-issue as the US debt is. Deficits rise in a recession due to decreased tax revenue and increased stimulus spending, and when the recession ends they return to normal levels. This recession is one of the best times to borrow money in history because interest rates are lower than inflation. Don't listen to conservative media/politicians that try and scare you with big numbers about debt, they're trying to get you to support austerity which is a terrible, terrible idea.

Okay thanks, that's what I thought.

It felt really odd seeing that on the news. I always assumed the media in Canada is less biased and right-leaning than in the US, but perhaps I just haven't been paying attention.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Does it really work the same? I mean, I thought part of why US debt didn't really matter was because the US could print as much of the world reserve currency as we want. I know the Canadian dollar is as strong as the US dollar right now, but it's surely not as stable?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

XyloJW posted:

Does it really work the same? I mean, I thought part of why US debt didn't really matter was because the US could print as much of the world reserve currency as we want. I know the Canadian dollar is as strong as the US dollar right now, but it's surely not as stable?

This is not the big reason why borrowing is a non-issue right now, though. It's true the US (or Canada) could just print a ton of money to pay off the debt, but that's insanely counterproductive and would tank the economy even harder. The big reason is that inflation is higher than interest rates. So if the government sells a $1 million bond at, say, 2% interest for 1 year, after a year they have to pay $1.02m to the holder. But if inflation is 3%, and the government spent their $1.02m wisely, they've actually generated $1.03m's worth of economic activity measured in 2013 dollars.

If you're more interested in the Canadian example, I did an effort post in the Canadian politics thread a little while back about provincial debt for the Province of Ontario, you can find it here if you want a more detailed explanation using Ontario as an example.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

My terrible inbox e-mails that I should delete posted:

NEW FOREVER STAMPS COME OUT IN JANUARY - 46 CENTS BEGINNING 1/27/13
Don't buy this stamp!

You must pass this on!!

46 cent Forever Stamp
Apparently they think that putting hearts and butterflies on the new stamp Will make most people not realize that the rest is Arabic and probably Not something we want to support.
New Stamp - The second MUSLIM one!!!

<ATT000011.jpg>
USPS New 46-Cent Stamp Celebrates a Muslim holiday.
If there is only ONE thing you Forward today... Let it be this!

President Obama has directed the United States Postal Service To REMEMBER and HONOR the EID MUSLIM holiday season with A new commemorative 46 Cent First Class Holiday Postage Stamp.

REMEMBER Adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this stamp, If/when you purchase stamps at a post office.

All you have to say is "No thank you, I do not want A Muslim Stamp on my letters!"
The Flag of the USA Has always been my favorite.

Pass this along to every
Patriotic American you know
Get the word out!
Honor the United States of America !

This one was a technicolor poo poo show with abysmal HTML and a format that would make e.e. cummings blush. The only part that I tried to reproduce was the "<ATT000011.jpg>" portion. There was no photo, only poor coding, and I don't care to reverse GIS for it.

Just imagine it's something equally terrible based off this lovely racist e-mail.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

ZappDash posted:

This one was a technicolor poo poo show with abysmal HTML and a format that would make e.e. cummings blush. The only part that I tried to reproduce was the "<ATT000011.jpg>" portion. There was no photo, only poor coding, and I don't care to reverse GIS for it.

Just imagine it's something equally terrible based off this lovely racist e-mail.

Here it is:

There was another one...

...the 1st of September, 2001! Obviously a signal from big gummint to the mooslims to carry out ninalevin ten days later :bahgawd:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ZappDash posted:

I imagine it's just great to be a postal worker with dumbasses constantly going 'hey make sure I don't get no MUSLIM on my letters'.

Do you eventually turn into the skid and tell them that their letter is already covered in Arabic numbers?

evilbastard
Mar 6, 2003

Hair Elf

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

Here it is:

There was another one...

...the 1st of September, 2001! Obviously a signal from big gummint to the mooslims to carry out ninalevin ten days later :bahgawd:

Actually there have been 8

The US Postal service - openly supporting President Obama for 11 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I literally got into a shouting match with my aunt during Thanksgiving dinner when she said that Hurricane Sandy (and the government's response to it) was just as bad if not worse than Katrina. That's right, she literally used the words 'probably worse.' How the gently caress she rationalizes that I still don't know but apparently those people in New Orleans who stayed behind deserved it. Oh and she has been talking to some friends in New Jersey and according to her crappy anecdotal evidence FEMA and other big name aid relief is useless and hasn't helped anyone at all compared to church group charities. :rolleyes:

I know I shouldn't resort to a pretty temper tantrum but I just couldn't take it anymore.