Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

Timby posted:

It's hard for me to articulate how uncomfortable the whole thing made me. "If you act like a complete jackass to everyone around you, we'll give you a hundred bucks" skeezes me out on a whole new level.

Well, to be fair, they had the chance to earn up to $1,000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Jesus
Jun 20, 2002

lol jews gonna get fucked.
Who the hell is making these stupid shows? I wonder if its one production company. Its like we're witnessing the moment MTV stopped playing music videos. I guarantee its only a matter of time before we get a reality show with a bunch of goombas running a pizza joint.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

That's amazing.

"We still have plenty of inspiration! A Used Coffee Filter!"

And yeah, that "What's on the Menu" show sounds awful.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

First episode of Sugar Dome has Bronwen. Nice.

LionsBelow
Oct 30, 2012
So much like Challenge so far.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
It looks like the robotic announcer lady from the first season of Sweet Genius was able to find another job in Sugar Dome.

LionsBelow
Oct 30, 2012
Does anyone recognize the judges?? Because I sure as hell didn't.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

LionsBelow posted:

Does anyone recognize the judges?? Because I sure as hell didn't.

I think my sister has a few of the Eragon books.

LionsBelow
Oct 30, 2012
Oh, well, yeah. But the culinary guys?

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

LionsBelow posted:

Oh, well, yeah. But the culinary guys?

No I haven't heard of them. Do they at least stop the clock when they tell you about the ridiculous twists?

LionsBelow
Oct 30, 2012
Yes, they do stop the clock. Thank god. We don't need anymore bullshit with these things.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Team Bronwen is so far ahead of the other teams in this episode. It's not even close. Does anyone know how long it's been since Bronwen's been on one of these challenge-like shows? I haven't really seen her since she won that big multiple round cake tournament years ago.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Yeah, it was pretty obvious all along that Bronwen had it.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
Watching Kazarian bitch on chopped that he doesn't want to eat the crab because the plastic might have melted into it is ridiculous.

YOU DON'T EAT THE SHELL YA JACKASS!

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Frot Lesnar posted:

Watching Kazarian bitch on chopped that he doesn't want to eat the crab because the plastic might have melted into it is ridiculous.

YOU DON'T EAT THE SHELL YA JACKASS!

Hahahhaha good we're on the same page

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
The oder woman with the glasses looks so much like Maggie Lizer from Arrested Development.

Oh jeez, this rock version of Silent Night that's playing is bad.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > "I want to make food where after you eat it, you want to go home and have sex. That or fall asleep."

#nica

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Why is it not matter how little I'm paying attention to it I managed to get invested in Chopped by the end. What is it about this stupid little show that makes it so compelling. Like I was just watching one where in the end it was this overconfident douchebag that wanted to spend his money on paranormal investigation equipment versus an awesome lady that owned a pancake restaurant. I barely paid attention the whole episode yet a did a little arm pump when the douchebags "hot god bun desert sushi" ended up on the chopping block.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
Has anyone else been watching Chef Race on BBC America? It isn't a very good show but the finale shocked me as I thought they would be smart enough to shoehorn a UK contestant into the final two.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

I'm Captain Morgan and I approve of this message.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Oh Sandra, you're my favorite alcoholic, you even beat out my dad.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
As a drunk and a homo, I just love her to pieces.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
So far my general opinion of sugar dome is that it's an awesome concept but the host is obnoxious.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Failboattootoot posted:

So far my general opinion of sugar dome is that it's an awesome concept but the host is obnoxious.

Better than the Cupcake Wars magician douche.

Honestly he probably wouldn't even make into the top ten most obnoxious Food Network personalities.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Failboattootoot posted:

At least he feels easier to ignore because all he does is announce twists.

Excellent. Nadia G's gonna be on the iron chef challenge tonight.

buddychrist10 fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Dec 3, 2012

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Oh boy, another season of the thing with D-list celebrities doing cooking challenges is coming up. I saw Gilbert Gottfried is in it, so hopefully he just shits all over everything (figuratively and literally) and makes the show worth watching until he gets eliminated.

Anyway, I'm watching Next Iron Chef, and Zakarian is one of the judges, and Guarnaschelli is one of the contestants? Isn't that a conflict of interest, since she's been acting as his sous chef on Iron Chef?

LionsBelow
Oct 30, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

He was kind of a jerk in person, too. With Challenge, the hosts were at least HUMAN. They would come up and chat with you both on set and off. This guy only appeared for his lines and then was gone.

I ran into him after the thing was done, and he was not interested in having a conversation whatsoever. Dick. Pretty sure he might be a robot.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Jamesman posted:

Anyway, I'm watching Next Iron Chef, and Zakarian is one of the judges, and Guarnaschelli is one of the contestants? Isn't that a conflict of interest, since she's been acting as his sous chef on Iron Chef?

I think so many of them know one another that it doesn't really matter. With Faulkner gone, she will probably win or come very close again though!

I don't like Faulkner's personality very much but felt terrible when she was booted. Oh well, it's not like it matters much---- though I do have to say it's funny to hear the recap talking about Marcel/Spike making a mockery of Iron Chefs only to follow it up with a preview for one of those stupid Iron Chef America Holiday Specials.

Nothing against Bitchin Kitchen, mind you, I'm just talking about the premise or whatever.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Y Kant Ozma Post posted:

I think so many of them know one another that it doesn't really matter. With Faulkner gone, she will probably win or come very close again though!

I don't like Faulkner's personality very much but felt terrible when she was booted. Oh well, it's not like it matters much---- though I do have to say it's funny to hear the recap talking about Marcel/Spike making a mockery of Iron Chefs only to follow it up with a preview for one of those stupid Iron Chef America Holiday Specials.

Nothing against Bitchin Kitchen, mind you, I'm just talking about the premise or whatever.

The Iron Chef America Holiday Special certainly lived up to it's reputation for dumbness. What ended up happening is that the Iron Chef ended up making 3 dishes + the early dish while the other two members of the team made 1 dish each (Robert Irvine almost burned his dish). It was kind of funny that Ted Allen was praised for creativity for making ice cream out of the culinary curve ball (eggnog) despite him having seen competitors make eggnog ice cream like 5 times on Chopped holiday specials.

buddychrist10 fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Dec 3, 2012

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

LionsBelow posted:

He was kind of a jerk in person, too. With Challenge, the hosts were at least HUMAN. They would come up and chat with you both on set and off. This guy only appeared for his lines and then was gone.

I ran into him after the thing was done, and he was not interested in having a conversation whatsoever. Dick. Pretty sure he might be a robot.

You were on Challenge as well?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Y Kant Ozma Post posted:

My wife hates Faulkner for some reason and reveled in her demise.

I will say, if they do this again and the 'bonus' for winning the previous round is that they get to send somebody to the secret ingredient round, you better believe nobody is going to want that. That's twice in a row now that that person has been the one booted.

(Though last time when Anne Burrell sent Zakarian to the secret ingredient challenge hoping to eliminate him, it was hilarious how badly it backfired on her when she had to go up against him herself.)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

dude789 posted:

The Iron Chef America Holiday Special certainly lived up to it's reputation for dumbness. What ended up happening is that the Iron Chef ended up making 3 dishes + the early dish while the other two members of the team made 1 dish each (Robert Irvine almost burned his dish). It was kind of funny that Ted Allen was praised for creativity for making ice cream out of the culinary curve ball (eggnog) despite him having seen competitors make eggnog ice cream like 5 times on Chopped holiday specials.

I didn't see this show, but seriously, considering that even McDonalds sells eggnog milk shakes, making eggnog ice cream out of eggnog is pretty much the opposite of creative.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Cream_Filling posted:

I didn't see this show, but seriously, considering that even McDonalds sells eggnog milk shakes, making eggnog ice cream out of eggnog is pretty much the opposite of creative.

Neither team was the paragon of creativity with the eggnog. Team Cooking channel just added some into Nadia G's tiramisu instead of milk, and Simon added about a teaspoon into his sweet potato pierogies.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

CornHolio posted:

(Though last time when Anne Burrell sent Zakarian to the secret ingredient challenge hoping to eliminate him, it was hilarious how badly it backfired on her when she had to go up against him herself.)

Yeah, that was great. At least this time Faulkner seemed to play fair.

And eggnog ice cream is the least creative way I can think of to use it. I had a really long laugh about Robert Irvine's burned dish, so that made it all worth it.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Sweet genius really is the best show on food network now. :allears:

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Hahahah this popcorn ball snowman or whatever on Sweet Genius is amazing.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Y Kant Ozma Post posted:

Hahahah this popcorn ball snowman or whatever on Sweet Genius is amazing.

The best was Ron and that elf doing a little jig at the same time. I wish I had a gif of that.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
I'm rather happy Chef Mehta lost. The dude was too egotistical.

then again, who gives a gently caress about the next iron chef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Mehta irritated me so I don't mind the fact that he's gone. I actually missed most of the episode- who won? I saw the tail end it and it sounded like Marcel did?

• Locked thread