Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Ratedargh posted:

Any alternate links? These videos have been taken down.

NXT

ME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.
Thank you friend. Main event was quite good this week. They did a really great job with the video package between Ziggler and Miz and the overall build for their match. It ended in a way that they could revisit as a feud later...assuming they don't have re-match after re-match between now and then.

Also, Sandow is the best drat thing. He owns his character and I hope he develops into something huge for this company. My fear is he just gets lost in the shuffle over the next few months. It's nice to see him against top talent like Cena next week, here's hoping he looks strong as he eventually loses.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

The NXT link is for the 11/7 show.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Suben posted:

The NXT link is for the 11/7 show.

Goddamnit, why are they caring about copyright all of a sudden?

NXT November 21, 2012: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4

November 22, 2012

Part 1 Slater vs. Santino
Part 2 Gabriel vs. Young

Plus recaps!!!

November 24, 2012

Gabriel vs. El Local
PIE EATING CONTEST
Usos vs. 3MB

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Nov 25, 2012

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
Really liking that Bray Wyatt character. Not sure it would work on the big shows but it works real well in that smaller environment. Brodie needs to tone it down a bit as the goofy sidekick though.

Also call up Ascension now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lloyd Van Buren posted:

Really liking that Bray Wyatt character. Not sure it would work on the big shows but it works real well in that smaller environment. Brodie needs to tone it down a bit as the goofy sidekick though.

Also call up Ascension now.

I have a feeling that Bray is going to get hosed over by the bigger crowds "What?"-ing him or chanting Huskey at him or something. There's no limit to how much a crowd can ruin good things.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Deadpool posted:

I have a feeling that Bray is going to get hosed over by the bigger crowds "What?"-ing him or chanting Huskey at him or something. There's no limit to how much a crowd can ruin good things.
What did crowds do before "Whatting" people? Seriously that is one of the worst things to happen in wrestling was that loving thing.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
If they chant Husky at him he can just freak out and play it up like they are calling him fat.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
If Bray Wyatt can't deal with a heckling crowd then he shouldn't be a big star.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

achillesforever6 posted:

What did crowds do before "Whatting" people? Seriously that is one of the worst things to happen in wrestling was that loving thing.

If you were a woman in ECW they chanted, "YOU'RE A WHORE!" and if you were a man it would usually be "BORING!"

Which is why they named him Danny Doring.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

If you were a woman in ECW they chanted, "YOU'RE A WHORE!" and if you were a man it would usually be "BORING!"

Which is why they named him Danny Doring.

YOU'VE GOT HER-PES

CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

achillesforever6 posted:

Enjoyed the show? Cheered? Booed? These are revolutionary ideas to some crowds these days.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Austin agrees with you. He's deeply remorseful about the whole thing.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Whatting isn't really any different than booing and chanting 'boring' during a promo. Sorry if it offends you.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Meat Recital posted:

Whatting isn't really any different than booing and chanting 'boring' during a promo. Sorry if it offends you.

It's annoying and beyond overplayed, like someone shouting "FREEBIRD!" when someone is on a stage.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

njsykora posted:

Enjoyed the show? Cheered? Booed? These are revolutionary ideas to some crowds these days.

It basically seems like your modern wrestling fan goes out of their way to show that they're not a mark which basically means being as much of an annoying doofus as possible.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

At least booing and "boring" chants give some kind of feedback. What chants are just the audience making noise for the sake of ruining a promo.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

VogeGandire posted:

At least booing and "boring" chants give some kind of feedback. What chants are just the audience making noise for the sake of ruining a promo.
Yeah and it seems like they what EVERY SINGLE PROMO. I mean I know Undertaker is not the most exciting promo, but Jesus Christ.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah and it seems like they what EVERY SINGLE PROMO. I mean I know Undertaker is not the most exciting promo, but Jesus Christ.

That's my real issue with it, it'd be fine if it was to liven up a boring promo but they do it to EVERYONE. Like whenever someone pauses momentarily they shout it out and it's really thrown off newer guys before. Hopefully it won't affect Bray Wyatt since he just never stops talking, and takes really long pauses when he does stop.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
They could break the habit somewhat by not having every single guy make slow, ambling promos where they pause every few words.

Saying that, R-Truth played off it perfectly during his heel run.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Miles O'Brian posted:

They could break the habit somewhat by not having every single guy make slow, ambling promos where they pause every few words.

Saying that, R-Truth played off it perfectly during his heel run.
Piper once just kept talking and didn't give them a chance to chant.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
In all honesty, the idea of playing theme music underneath a promo is a perfect solution to the problem. That would drown out most of the audible chanting.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I know it's cool for crowds to be vocal, but sometimes its really annoying. The super dragon return in PWG was nearly ruined by the fans chanting "shut the gently caress up" at the Bucks as they cut the promo that lead into the big moment. If the person in the ring has a microphone let them speak, they're part of the show and the crowd isn't.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

GETCHA NXT HERE!!

November 28, 2012

Part 1 Trent Baretta vs. Leo Kruger, Xavier Woods vs. Memo Montenegro
Part 2 Audrey Marie vs. Emma, Roman Reigns press release, Rollins and Jinder promo off
Part 3 Tag Team Championship Match: Hell No vs. Michael McGillycutty and Johnny Curtis

Some good stuff this week, including NXT reminding Raw of how you're supposed to treat an injury in a match.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

:lol: that opening DB promo

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Curtis FINALLY cashing in his tag team title shot! I was cracking up during his entrance, I think he'll make Fandango work as a goofy midcard act.

Five Apples
Mar 11, 2008

THIS IS WHAT I AM
"and I have grown an immaculate beard!"
*howwwwl*

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

In a move that should amuse UK fan, Pac has a new WWE name, Adrian Neville. My first response was to giggle and think "well at least it's not a Gary Neville gimmick." Turns out, it is in fact based on Gary Neville.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Shame it wasn't based on Gary's dad instead.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

njsykora posted:

GETCHA NXT HERE!!

November 28, 2012

Part 1 Trent Baretta vs. Leo Kruger, Xavier Woods vs. Memo Montenegro
Part 2 Audrey Marie vs. Emma, Roman Reigns press release, Rollins and Jinder promo off
Part 3 Tag Team Championship Match: Hell No vs. Michael McGillycutty and Johnny Curtis

Thanks for posting, I was busy this morning and also forgot what day it was. Loving Kruger's new music and mannerisms but I feel like he still needs to readjust his in-ring style to better match the new persona. That finisher has to go.

November 28, 2012

Part 1 Cena/Sandow hype, start of match
Part 2 Match continues
Part 3 Zack vs. Antonio

Glad they made Sandow look good! I'm loving that Swiss Death has become a regular thing, with new and exciting variations every week.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 29, 2012

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I also think Xavier needs to get a better finisher, that finisher seems more like a signature transitional move leading to a finisher.
E: Also I never realized how big McGuilicutty and Johnny are

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 29, 2012

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Man, that reaction for Team Hell No :stare:

Benign
Oct 20, 2008

And I Quote!
I love Kruger's crazy mercenary gimmick, but dude needs to stop tugging on his hair so much, or use more of the hair. Lovingly fondling 5 strands at a time doesn't look menacing or scary at all.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

FUUUUU :stare:
http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/264711/WWE-NXT-Wrestler-Arrested-For-Law-Enforcement-Battery.htm#fgGgdYDkZaeYM35C.99

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The worst part is they'll waste PAC on that dumb poo poo because he's British.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Conor O'Brian has no luck does he?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Edit - Nevermind

http://www.fcwwrestling.info/NXT-Wrestling-Superstars.html

Check out the borders of that page. Everybody on the left wants to kill you and everybody on the right wants to gently caress you.

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 30, 2012

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm sorry but Del Rio's brother looks like such a pedophile.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Ascension was suxh a fun tag team, if only they had been called up months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

We can still do the Ascension, who was originally apart of it when they had like 5 people on it?

• Locked thread