Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
There's also this awesome Technic hovercraft coming up in January:

2013 is going to be so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Galaxy Squad looks good! some new pieces in there, too. I especially like the look of that land vehicle with the mech, 70704.
Yeah, take out the purple scorpion thing and 70704 is exactly what a Blacktron 3.0 set would look like. The others are nice, but that one is absolutely gorgeous.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Joramun posted:

Just looked up 2013 Technic ::aaaaa:

http://imgur.com/bnTVv

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh poo poo, the Galaxy Squad sets include those fins that I don't think have been in sets recently! I thought they retired those parts because they were "too thin". And they have the classic "old camera with a trans dish + cone to make rocket boosters" combo on top of said fins like the old space sets, to boot!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh poo poo, the Galaxy Squad sets include those fins that I don't think have been in sets recently! I thought they retired those parts because they were "too thin". And they have the classic "old camera with a trans dish + cone to make rocket boosters" combo on top of said fins like the old space sets, to boot!

The multicolored space guys are a cool throwback to Classic Space with a modern twist, too.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Joramun posted:

I'm saving up for all the Lone Ranger sets. Cowboys!

Nazzle
Apr 11, 2008
Well thanks for that lego, on top of that Galaxy Squad line, and that Technic F1 car. How am I going to afford all of the overprices star wars sets to go with my R2?

But seriously 70705 that orange galaxy one looks awesome.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
This thing is not suggestive at all!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=516883

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Scored the Best-Lock "Terminator" mega box set at Toys R Us today for $50.

I'm just blown away that this set even exists. I mean, there isn't a new Terminator movie/TV show/videogame on the horizon, so the timing is completely baffling. I guess my only "complaint" at this stage, having not opened the box and messed with it yet, is that while it comes with a ton of different weapons, there's no plasma rifles for the endoskeletons. :(

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Your next complaint is going to be warped pieces that don't stick together and will probably either snap in half or crumble on you. Out of all the Lego substitutes that have hit the market that crap is probably the worst of the lot.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
:barf:

It looks like they've mixed in at least two different scales for the fliers and tanks, too.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That looks amazingly terrible, with the possible exception of the tank.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

MaliciousOnion posted:

:barf:

It looks like they've mixed in at least two different scales for the fliers and tanks, too.
It isn't so much two different scales as there's literally two sizes of the HK Tanks and Aerials. There's 1 big tank and one smaller one, and then 1 big aerial and 2 smaller ones.

I'm about to crack open the box and see how good (bad) this set actually is, I'll post a trip report after I'm done messing with it. I'm not going to lie, literally the only reason I bought this set is because of the Terminator license, and I'm easily most excited about the little endoskeleton minifigures.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Nov 22, 2012

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I love the random :effort: bits of wall they threw in.
Speaking of off-brand bricks, I've been tempted to pick up these-

because, hey, its the Beatles! On the other hand they're kind of ugly. There's also a set of all 11 doctors from Doctor Who, but they have the same problem of just not looking very appealing.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I love the random :effort: bits of wall they threw in.
Speaking of off-brand bricks, I've been tempted to pick up these-

because, hey, its the Beatles! On the other hand they're kind of ugly. There's also a set of all 11 doctors from Doctor Who, but they have the same problem of just not looking very appealing.
I saw that set at Target recently, been really tempted to grab it for my sister for Christmas or something since she's a huge Beatles fan.

Tkytko
Jul 15, 2007

"Hisui-chan~, it seems a few things broke."

"... Nee-san, please refrain from cleaning again."

http://www.youtube.com/user/krisproductionstudio This guy has some reviews up of three of the Galaxy Squad sets. It's a shame about all the stickers in the big sets, but I'm still going to get most of this theme.

I'm also torn on the different color squads. On the one hand I wish they stuck with just one color, but on the other more of the new helmets in different colors. :shobon: And the robot and alien figs are just awesome. Can't wait for these to be available in the US.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Scored the Best-Lock "Terminator" mega box set at Toys R Us today for $50.

I'm just blown away that this set even exists. I mean, there isn't a new Terminator movie/TV show/videogame on the horizon, so the timing is completely baffling. I guess my only "complaint" at this stage, having not opened the box and messed with it yet, is that while it comes with a ton of different weapons, there's no plasma rifles for the endoskeletons. :(

If anyone wants to pick these up, they're on sale tonight for Black Friday:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=15546836

$29.99

MaggieTheCat
Nov 7, 2010
Went to Target at 10 am today and found a stack of Black Pearls. They weren't close to the Lego aisle so it took me a while to find them. Also grabbed the batmobile polybag :dance:

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Amazon has the UCS Imperial Shuttle for $210 right now
http://amzn.com/B00883VGJK

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Are there any Canadian stores carrying the Black Pearl, or do I have to go through American shops?

Tkytko
Jul 15, 2007

So Eurobricks found a bunch of new minifig parts, most likely for new CMF series!

They also have a list for S10
  • Sea Captain
  • Sad Clown
  • Librarian
  • Grandpa
  • Bumblebee Girl
  • Roman Commander
  • Warrior Woman
  • Decorator
  • Tomahawk Warrior
  • Trendsetter
  • Baseball Fielder
  • Revolution Soldier
  • Motorcycle Mechanic
  • Medusa
  • Skydiver
  • Paintball Player

and S11
  • Yeti
  • Evil Mech
  • Welder
  • Lady Robot
  • Jazz Musician
  • Constable
  • Holiday Elf
  • Bavarian Lady
  • Scarecrow
  • Mountain Climber
  • Grandma
  • Tiki Warrior
  • Gingerbread Man
  • Barbarian
  • Dinner Waitress
  • Scientist

These look promising! So many of those new parts are so good, like the powdered wig and the plume for Roman helms finally.

Tkytko fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 24, 2012

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.
Went to the LEGO store for black friday, got a 20% off scratch off, dude at the register asked if I wanted to add anything.

So I added a Death Star. It's still in the brown box that it was shipped in.

Then my friend did the same thing. And we collectively spent over $1,000 at the LEGO store.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Tkytko posted:

So Eurobricks found a bunch of new minifig parts, most likely for new CMF series!

They also have a list for S10
  • Sea Captain
  • Sad Clown
  • Librarian
  • Grandpa
  • Bumblebee Girl
  • Roman Commander
  • Warrior Woman
  • Decorator
  • Tomahawk Warrior
  • Trendsetter
  • Baseball Fielder
  • Revolution Soldier
  • Motorcycle Mechanic
  • Medusa
  • Skydiver
  • Paintball Player

and S11
  • Yeti
  • Evil Mech
  • Welder
  • Lady Robot
  • Jazz Musician
  • Constable
  • Holiday Elf
  • Bavarian Lady
  • Scarecrow
  • Mountain Climber
  • Grandma
  • Tiki Warrior
  • Gingerbread Man
  • Barbarian
  • Dinner Waitress
  • Scientist

These look promising! So many of those new parts are so good, like the powdered wig and the plume for Roman helms finally.

I'm so hot for that librarian. But I think that Grandpa's going to steal the show with that torso -- bowtie, suspenders and hiked-up pant

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I seriously cannot give even half of a poo poo about the minifigure series now. They churn them out far too quickly, how many series per year? 5, 6?

A few of the new ones look pretty neat, though I can't forgive them for making a Paris Hilton minifigure.

Tkytko
Jul 15, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I seriously cannot give even half of a poo poo about the minifigure series now. They churn them out far too quickly, how many series per year? 5, 6?

A few of the new ones look pretty neat, though I can't forgive them for making a Paris Hilton minifigure.

I don't think they're coming out too quickly, it's only 2-3 a year (4 in 2012 if you include the special Olympic series). With S9 due for early 2013 and S11 for late 2013 that's another 3, these lists were just leaked really early.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Picked up the Winter Village Post Office yesterday, which, while looking nice once finished, was one of the most frustrating builds I've ever done.

The bandstand that comes with it is an absolute clusterfuck of fragility, and I must have had it fall apart on me 2-3 times while building. Also several pieces were missing, and a load of extraneous pieces were in their place, clearly making up the weight. Luckily they were bits I already had, but still..

Next stop, finding a cheap Toy Shop!

Testro
May 2, 2009
What was missing? I haven't opened mine from last year yet (I got it for Christmas, so I wasn't feeling Christmassy once the season was over...so I decided to save it for this year, thereby saving me from needing to buy this year's prior to a sale. And then I bought this year's in the VIP sale anyway, whoops.)

I am meant to be building a public display piece, but I'm trying not to use my actual Christmas sets and I'm wrangling over what to build. I can't decide whether to do a family interior of a living room, perhaps with a tree and fireplace - or some big characters, e.g. snowman, Santa etc, or a big Christmas tree. Or Santa's workshop, or some reindeer...

I think I've got the problem of having too many ideas, but not one that I love enough / am confident enough that I've got the right bricks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Testro posted:

What was missing?

Several of the sand bricks and a black cylinder 1x1 brick. But I got extra wood brown flats.

Testro
May 2, 2009
Grim.

Lego will send you the missing bricks if you fill in a form on their website about it. They sent me replacement cheese slopes for my Winter Village Toy Shop when mine cracked.

Incidentally, I have never felt quite so sick when I saw those cracks - not because of my Toy Shop so much, but because I had to go and painstakingly check my Tower Bridge! I had my heart in my mouth.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh I know, Lego are fantastic about that :) luckily I already had suitable replacement spares, so didn't need to wait.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Cracked cheese slopes? Whats up with that?

I was at the lego fanwelt in cologne, they had a nice collection of mocs/dioramas. I took a couple of photos, sorry about the bad quality.

Giant blacktron spaceship

LOTR moc

Cool looking tugboat.

Nice trees/landscape

Gigantic imperial star destroyer.

several nice steam engines

Model of the cologne cathedral. Lots and lots of greebles.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Ika posted:

Cracked cheese slopes? Whats up with that?

I was at the lego fanwelt in cologne, they had a nice collection of mocs/dioramas. I took a couple of photos, sorry about the bad quality.

Giant blacktron spaceship

LOTR moc

Cool looking tugboat.

Nice trees/landscape

Gigantic imperial star destroyer.

Model of the cologne cathedral. Lots and lots of greebles.

This kinda stuff reminds me that actually, no, I don't have THAT many lego. Thanks for the pics!

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

That tugboat has been posted around on the Internet lately too.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ika posted:

Paging Shuppiluliumas, Shuppiluliumas please report to the LEGO thread please. Thank you.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Where would you even find that many 1x2 wedge pieces?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Most likely a special direct purchase directly from Lego through back channels.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

SlothfulCobra posted:

Where would you even find that many 1x2 wedge pieces?

if you build moc's and are with a LUG group once or twice a year lego sends them a list of what they can buy in bulk at lower then normal rate but the understanding is it's only used for your moc and not to be resold.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Most likely a special direct purchase directly from Lego through back channels.

European LUGs have that luxury

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
On the waterfall one, what was used to create the long strands of pink and red? It looks incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

VaultAggie posted:

On the waterfall one, what was used to create the long strands of pink and red? It looks incredible.

The pink and red appears to be flower petals, I can't tell what is used as thread. MOC name is Labor 21.

E: Some more nice trees

Ika fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 25, 2012