Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010

Rolled Cabbage posted:

A few pages back, but I know Lois and no she's not fed those lines or an actor or anything like that (actually I think the implication is a bit mean).

I don't think it's anything personal but sometimes it does seem like it's a staple thing to 'go over to Lois/Theopia, she says something wacky, we move on'. It's so regular it kinda stops seeming spontaneous. I think that comment is more to the detriment of the show than the person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Rolled Cabbage posted:

A few pages back, but I know Lois and no she's not fed those lines or an actor or anything like that (actually I think the implication is a bit mean).
well i certainly didn't mean to be mean.

next time you see her congratulate her on being far more entertaining than the rest, and apologise for me.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Geokinesis posted:

That HIGNFY was torturous.

Why would they get Roger Moore to present it?

I can't wait for them to get Jeremy Kyle on there. In any capacity.

Red7
Sep 10, 2008

Doctor Chin posted:

Moore acted in the Bond films?

It was a terrible HIGNFY. Moore was monotoning jokes from autocue that he clearly had no comprehension of. The two guest panelists were extraordinarily limp. The audience laughing on cue to crap visual CGI gags that were added in post-production was the cringe-inducing.

I thought Marcus Brigstocke was alright, but the whole thing suffered from reminding me of awkward conversations with half there relatives in retirement homes.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Trickjaw posted:

I can't wait for them to get Jeremy Kyle on there. In any capacity.

Watching Ian Hislop verbally stomp the teeth out of Jezza's head would make my year.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
SoooOOOooo... New Peep Show begins tomorrow, are we going to discuss it in here or make a new thread?

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
I hope that Peep Show one day has an episode involving the tram.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?

Quanta posted:

I'm guessing the guilt-ridden Deacon let her know what was about to happen and they planned the fake assassination. Although it was highly convenient of a deadly female assassin that carries a handgun visible in her back pocket to force Sam to appear in broad daylight in the middle of London (actually it's just terrible writing).

I watched a bit of Hunted. The only thing I can say is that it was better than Spooks, but that's not saying much because Spooks was an appalling programme.

I quite enjoyed parts of Hunted, but the last episode seemed so, so rushed considering they had eight episodes of very little happening.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

What loving dobber at Channel 4 decided to put Misfits and Peep Show on at the same bloody time?

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Flatscan posted:

What loving dobber at Channel 4 decided to put Misfits and Peep Show on at the same bloody time?

Channels 4+1 and E4+1 are your friends in these situations, darling.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Irisi posted:

Channels 4+1 and E4+1 are your friends in these situations, darling.

I know, and I'll just DVR both of them anyway, but it's still a bit bloody daft to schedule two of your highest rated programmes for the exact same time.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was just asking in the couch chat thread, who's making a Peep Show thread? It's the best thing.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

bango skank posted:

I was just asking in the couch chat thread, who's making a Peep Show thread? It's the best thing.

It makes me cringe so much I become fractions of some measure of embarrassment away from becoming a black hole of cringing, absorbing all the embarrassment in the world until I explode in a supernova of embarrassment which can be seen throughout the universe. Alien civilizations will point at a red point in the sky. It will slowly become brighter as the embarrassment grows to destroy all life in the universe.

So I probably shouldn't catch the new series.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Flatscan posted:

I know, and I'll just DVR both of them anyway, but it's still a bit bloody daft to schedule two of your highest rated programmes for the exact same time.
Who the gently caress still watches Misfits??

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Doctor Chin posted:

The audience laughing on cue to crap visual CGI gags that were added in post-production was the cringe-inducing.
I'm not defending it (because it was terrible) but you can really easily play in things like that dumb shark pool through the EVS and key it in on a locked off shot so it would appear on the studio monitors for the audience.

technical babble words words words

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Peep Show is the best comedy of the past 10 years. I must have watched the entire series half a dozen times by this point.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Akuma posted:

Who the gently caress still watches Misfits??

Smart people who enjoy good TV shows?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Rarity posted:

Smart people who enjoy good TV shows?
With all of the great original cast and style gone? I think it is I who am the smart one.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Akuma posted:

With all of the great original cast and style gone? I think it is I who am the smart one.
You are not. Season 4 is still as good as ever. Last week's episode was one of the best in the entire series.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Akuma posted:

Sorry dude, you're as dumb as a bag of hammers. I was a bit sceptical at first, but by this point in the season it's proved to be just as well written as ever and Joe Gilgun is loving amazing. The two new kids are pretty good too.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

This season of Misfits had a subplot involving a telepathic racist dog which convinced its blind owner to turn down a black guy due to the colour of his skin.

Basically, Misfits is still awesome.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Akuma posted:

This is perhaps the most unwarranted case of :smug: I have ever seen

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

The first two episodes were terrible, I really disliked the new characters and I never liked the way the power-taking guy become a main character, and the whole heavily stylised look of the show seemed to be gone. I couldn't bring myself to watch the third episode because my spare time is pretty limited.

But if you guys are saying it picked up I don't want to miss out. I loved the first two seasons, and the third was still pretty great. I'm trusting you, dudes. :unsmith:

Rarity posted:

This is perhaps the most unwarranted case of :smug: I have ever seen
:smith:

I genuinely thought it was a common opinion. When the season started impressions were poor and then nobody talked about it.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Nov 25, 2012

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Akuma posted:

I never liked the way the power-taking guy become a main character, and the whole heavily stylised look of the show seemed to be gone.

He didnt

If you dont like Rudy you wont like it to be honest.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Akuma posted:

I genuinely thought it was a common opinion. When the season started impressions were poor and then nobody talked about it.
In here, you mean? Because it has its own thread and it's very active.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Will we get a Peep Show thread? Can't wait to see what the El Dude Brothers are up to.

For anybody outside the UK, http://www.unblock-us.com/ is a great service that lets you watch stuff from Channel 4, BBC and others, as well as Hulu and other US-only services. You can also set which region to belong to on Netflix.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
That new Peep Show episode was great.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Peep Show: so I was definitely not expecting them to kill off Gerrard. He's been a great character, I'm genuinely pretty upset.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

rear end cobra posted:

For anybody outside the UK, http://www.unblock-us.com/ is a great service that lets you watch stuff from Channel 4, BBC and others, as well as Hulu and other US-only services. You can also set which region to belong to on Netflix.

...I love you :allears:

Is it worth paying for?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

VogeGandire posted:

...I love you :allears:

Is it worth paying for?

For me in Norway it definitely is, as our Netflix is pretty limited, and I can't access BBC iPlayer without it. And $5 a month isn't exactly breaking the bank.

Edit: Loved the little bit of Johnson on Peep Show. But holy poo poo Gerard!

ass cobra fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 25, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

rear end cobra posted:

For me in Norway it definitely is, as our Netflix is pretty limited

Yeah, British one is too, I want to get onto US-Flix. Just not sure if it's worth extra money on top of the Netflix fee, when I could just use spotflux and sacrifice internet speed.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Man the Peep Show writers are still as sharp as ever :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Catching up with Peep Show now, it's still fantastic. The Mark/Jez curry scene was hilarious.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I was worried Peep Show might have lost the sparkle. It hasn't. Everything to do with the funeral was excellent. Johnson's eulogy was amazing, and Mark's was great as well. The "Wake Cake" bit was hilarious. And Mark is just the sort of person to get bitter at someone whose death he caused. Well, perhaps not caused, but Gerard might have lived if he got to the hospital quicker.

And it's still got those amazing cringy bits.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
I love the way Johnson goes back and forth between being a rational (if intense) person and a complete sociopath from series to series (episode to episode?) You never know which Johnson you're gonna get.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Al2001 posted:

I love the way Johnson goes back and forth between being a rational (if intense) person and a complete sociopath from series to series (episode to episode?) You never know which Johnson you're gonna get.

I loving love Johnson. He seems fairly normal at first then he just gets progressively more insane as time goes on.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I was worried too, brilliant it is the same old funny stuff.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

Was worried for a few minutes that it might have gone a bit flat, then the curry stand-off happened. Must be one of the best moments like that the show's ever had.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

VogeGandire posted:

I loving love Johnson. He seems fairly normal at first then he just gets progressively more insane as time goes on.

I think the part I most liked about the Johnson eulogy scene was him leaning on the side of the pulpit thingy rather than standing behind it. Every last detail, perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.

VogeGandire posted:

Yeah, British one is too, I want to get onto US-Flix. Just not sure if it's worth extra money on top of the Netflix fee, when I could just use spotflux and sacrifice internet speed.

What's really great is that it lets you pick a region to 'be in', and certain regions outside the US have even better stuff. For instance Brazil has all the Bond movies up to Quantum of Solace, and Canada seems to get new releases a little earlier. It's definitely worth it to me.