Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
I know it's supposed to be completely awful, but Dead sessions sound like a hell of a lot of fun to play. You start out the game in a unique megadungeon and get to meet your Denizen before actually beginning the game proper? Sign me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

Gamzee looks like he might be seriously kicking the bucket this time.

Well, it would be a funny death if after taking so much damage and Hussie(?)'s spiel about clown immortality, now he decides to keel right on over at random.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Arthur Crackpot posted:

I had a feeling that planet was gonna turn out to be future-Earth. We can probably surmise that it was relocated by Jade at some point, but I wonder what necessitated it?

Could have been the Condense and GCat. But it was necessary to move it because of Jack killing Billious Slick which destroyed our universe in all of its iterations. Somehow someone planted *this* earth into a different universe frog, not just a different solar system.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Castomira posted:

I know it's supposed to be completely awful, but Dead sessions sound like a hell of a lot of fun to play. You start out the game in a unique megadungeon and get to meet your Denizen before actually beginning the game proper? Sign me up.

Hmm, now I'm thinking about Scratch's comment about Lord English being a sanctioned part of Paradox Space.

Caliborn will be playing the most difficult game session ever attempted, with entirely different rules for winning, maybe what he will be having done as Lord English (whatever that is) is a part of his session?

If he can't make a universe, maybe his task will be to... make everything? Destroy everything? Sell MSPA merch? Man I dunno.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

So what world are the cherubs in? B1, B2, B0/B3?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Quick thoughts as I digest this update:
- Presumably GCAT moved the B2-Earth, at the behest of the Batterwitch, who had control of it last we saw. But that doesn't explain where the rest of the Statues of Liberties came from.
- It does raise the question of when, Earth-chronologically, the Meteor crew is going to reach Earth: In Jane's time or in Dirk's time. Maybe they'll have to deal with the horrorterror surrounding Jake's version of the frog temple in the future to get to the session?
- Hussie says that he won't get to go to his true game planet until after he faces his Denizen and makes his Choice. Which is weird for a couple reasons. One being that the Denizen isn't on his Game Planet. Also, Choices usually feature death. Wondering if he'll have to choose to die and go god-tier or something to get to his new planet.

Well Manicured Man posted:

Don't worry, I was like that too. I hated puzzle poo poo and couldn't stand playing Myst even though I was really intrigued by the visual aesthetic and soundtrack.

Yeah, Myst was one of 'em. You know how you can technically beat it without actually going to other Worlds by flipping the right switches and getting a secret item? I did that, and then wondered what the big deal with the game was. :geno:

That and Starship Titanic, which is a great adventure game full of Douglas Adams humor that I felt so bad about bullshitting that I dug it out ten years later and beat it for real. :unsmith:

Freudian posted:

So what world are the cherubs in? B1, B2, B0/B3?

I'm assuming B2. That's where the Meteor that the kids are scheduled to arrive in is headed, and it gets there, since Caliborn grew up in it.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Mazerunner posted:

Hmm, now I'm thinking about Scratch's comment about Lord English being a sanctioned part of Paradox Space.

Caliborn will be playing the most difficult game session ever attempted, with entirely different rules for winning, maybe what he will be having done as Lord English (whatever that is) is a part of his session?

If he can't make a universe, maybe his task will be to... make everything? Destroy everything? Sell MSPA merch? Man I dunno.

It could be that,since a dead session doesn't have the same clearcut win/lose conditions that other sessions have, the player gets to essentially dictate his own goals. And Caliborn's goals, predictably, are to become the biggest badass and gently caress everything up.

Triskelli posted:

Could have been the Condense and GCat. But it was necessary to move it because of Jack killing Billious Slick which destroyed our universe in all of its iterations. Somehow someone planted *this* earth into a different universe frog, not just a different solar system.

I somehow completely missed the part where Hussie said Earth's home universe was about to blow up.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I dislike puzzles in video games.
Oh I LOVE puzzles, as long as they are puzzles with logical rules that allow me to see how they interact in clever ways. Like Portal, Braid, and many no one's heard of.
But things like creative use of items or having to talk to a certain character before continuing? THAT'S where I get stuck.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Okay, so... he's on the ruins of B2 Earth. B1 Earth stopped having a "proprietor" when Bec was prototyped. So apparently God Cat moved the earth shortly before Red Miles would've destroyed it, and after the meteor arrived and presumably destroyed it?

Dave definitely made the statues of liberty. I'm going to make a prediction: for some reason, in the session, it will be necessary to make a fake Reckoning, so they alchemize a shitload of the biggest things they can out of infinite clean artifact grist.

E: Here, we see the Empress tossing around a huge artifacty Statue of Liberty, presumably shortly before she killed B2 Rose and Dave. So B2 Dave made them? Who made all these lovely Statues of Liberty, and when, and why?

Line Feed posted:

The way I figure it, Yaldabaoth is not actually the Heart denizen at all. On rare occasions a player's normal denizen gets swapped out for Yaldabaoth.

This is how I interpreted it.

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 26, 2012

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Captain Oblivious posted:

Gamzee looks like he might be seriously kicking the bucket this time.

You are disgusting. Also, Caliborn has already managed to commandeer an item from the real world and use it to his advantage.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I wish I could send this image back to myself when Homestuck started in 2009 and tell myself that this is what I'd be reading three years later. It would be such a good prank.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Bobulus posted:

- It does raise the question of when, Earth-chronologically, the Meteor crew is going to reach Earth: In Jane's time or in Dirk's time. Maybe they'll have to deal with the horrorterror surrounding Jake's version of the frog temple in the future to get to the session?

The meteor and all its passengers will show up in the B2 Medium, presumably. There might be some downtime, so Gamzee could conceivably time travel around the Medium for a while (doing what we've already seen him do) then hitch a ride on the meteor back to Earth in whatever way this session is operating without a Reckoning. Somehow the Condesce got from the Medium to the Earth (could be vice versa -- chronology here is vague), and presumably so did Gcat and the frog temple at one point, so there may still be Sburb portals, though of a different sort than we've seen.

To return to your question, though: since the meteor has to go through the Medium before it gets to Earth, there's no telling when it gets to Earth. It might have carried Gamzee and an embryonic Cherub over at the same time a separate meteor with Gcat and the ruins showed up, or Gamzee and the hypothetical embryonic Cherub might have hit earth just in time for the Condesce/Gcat to skedaddle for less imminently doomed pastures.

H.P. Shivcraft fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 26, 2012

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Bongo Bill posted:

Okay, so... he's on the ruins of B2 Earth. B1 Earth stopped having a "proprietor" when Bec was prototyped. So apparently God Cat moved the earth shortly before Red Miles would've destroyed it, and after the meteor arrived and presumably destroyed it?

Dave definitely made the statues of liberty. I'm going to make a prediction: for some reason, in the session, it will be necessary to make a fake Reckoning, so they alchemize a shitload of the biggest things they can out of infinite clean artifact grist.

E: Here, we see the Empress tossing around a huge artifacty Statue of Liberty, presumably shortly before she killed B2 Rose and Dave. So B2 Dave made them? Who made all these lovely Statues of Liberty, and when, and why?

This is how I interpreted it.

Dave made the lovely Statues of Liberty specifically so they'd be there to ironically foreshadow that the Cherub's planet was post-apocalypse Earth. Dude isn't gonna sit around and let a major plot point slide without inserting some trademark Strider humor.

Also, the one problem with Earth being moved by GCat or Jade is that Hussie said it was moved to an entirely new universe. But I thought First Guardian powers were limited to their universe of origin?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bobulus posted:

Quick thoughts as I digest this update:
- Presumably GCAT moved the B2-Earth, at the behest of the Batterwitch, who had control of it last we saw. But that doesn't explain where the rest of the Statues of Liberties came from.

I'm assuming B2. That's where the Meteor that the kids are scheduled to arrive in is headed, and it gets there, since Caliborn grew up in it.

-didn't B2-Dave have something to do with all the SoLs? I know there's a shot where he and B2-Rose confront the Batterwitch and she's floating half a lovely jpeg'ed statue, so maybe he made more, but I can't remember if there was anything more specific tying him to them
-isn't the Meteor headed to the B2 SESSION? not the universe? since the B2-universe is in the same frog as the B1, and that's back in the Troll's session being/having been annihilated by Jack

edit oh beaten by a lot
also I forgot that the meteor will probably maybe go through a Skaia portal or something when it gets to B2 session

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 26, 2012

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

The meteor and all its passengers will show up in the B2 Medium, presumably. There might be some downtime, so Gamzee could conceivably time travel around the Medium for a while (doing what we've already seen him do) then hitch a ride on the meteor back to Earth in whatever way this session is operating without a Reckoning. Somehow the Condesce got from the Medium to the Earth (could be vice versa -- chronology here is vague), and presumably so did Gcat at one point, so there may still be Sburb portals, though of a different sort than we've seen.

To return to your question, though: since the meteor has to go through the Medium before it gets to Earth, there's no telling when it gets to Earth. It might have carried Gamzee, Gcat, and an embryonic Cherub over all at the same time, or only Gamzee and an embryonic Cherub just in time for the Condesce/Gcat to skedaddle for less imminently doomed pastures.

Speaking of meteors, that frog temple on Jake's island has got to get there somehow. My theory is that the B1 meteor will knock the metor containing it toward skaia like a cue ball, losing all of it's momentum in the process.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

More images stolen from tumblr. I dub this one: JustKeepReading.png

Mazerunner posted:

-isn't the Meteor headed to the B2 SESSION? not the universe? since the B2-universe is in the same frog as the B1, and that's back in the Troll's session being/having been annihilated by Jack

This has never been made explicit. It would be easier if they were headed for the B2-Session, but with the meteor on B2-Earth, well, it seems like they'll have more complications.

Also, I've never been clear if the B1/B2 sessions are inside the trolls' universe frog or not. I don't think we've ever gotten a zoom-out on a session, just pre-game universes.

edit: drat, I keep forgetting about Skaia portals. Yeah, that's probably how it'll go down. Arrive in B2-session, jump off, Meteor bumps the frog temple and both go to Earth.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 26, 2012

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah, the meteor path is fairly straightforward it seems. Meteor just has to be forced through a portal like the frog temple will have to as well. Seems like Gcat will somehow expel Earth from the Red Milesed frog though? Weird! Guess that will be a whole big thing.

I think the Condesce getting to and from Earth is something separate, but it could also be indirectly related as she had to find a way from Universe A to Universe B in the first place as well.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Ariong posted:

Speaking of meteors, that frog temple on Jake's island has got to get there somehow. My theory is that the B1 meteor will knock the metor containing it toward skaia like a cue ball, losing all of it's momentum in the process.

Haha, yeah, I totally forgot to include this bit, and edited it into my post just before I saw yours. So if Bec came with the temple (I don't remember if this was the case) then there might presumably be one meteor with the ruins and Gcat, knocked into some Sburb portal by the troll meteor. Then, something (???) happens to the troll meteor which also knocks it through a Sburb portal.

Also:

Nate RFB posted:

Seems like Gcat will somehow expel Earth from the Red Milesed frog though? Weird! Guess that will be a whole big thing.

I just realized, Gcat aside, the Condesce herself has to have a way to jump between frogs. She went from the trolls' universe to kids' universe, then managed to transition through the Scratch (sometime long before Sburb destroyed that iteration of the universe?) and now has apparently jumped to a third frog. Hm.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bobulus posted:

More images stolen from tumblr. I dub this one: JustKeepReading.png

This has never been made explicit. It would be easier if they were headed for the B2-Session, but with the meteor on B2-Earth, well, it seems like they'll have more complications.

Also, I've never been clear if the B1/B2 sessions are inside the trolls' universe frog or not. I don't think we've ever gotten a zoom-out on a session, just pre-game universes.

edit: drat, I keep forgetting about Skaia portals. Yeah, that's probably how it'll go down. Arrive in B2-session, jump off, Meteor bumps the frog temple and both go to Earth.

Sessions orbit the Green Sun in the abyss. Universes are created in the centers of successful sessions. The location of a session is apparently unrelated to the location of the universe that spawned it.

The meteor is headed to session B2. Once there, Skaia will presumably teleport it to universe B2, from which it will be teleported to universe U, and from there to session U. If universe C exists, it will be created in the center of session B2.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

I think the Condesce getting to and from Earth is something separate, but it could also be indirectly related as she had to find a way from Universe A to Universe B in the first place as well.

I've been toying with the idea that she hasn't been going back and forth, she just stayed on Earth until the end (when all other life died off), decides 'welp, that didn't work.', and then took the slow way to the Session to start over and try ruling again. Meeting Meenah, we can assume she's not the world-class mastermind everyone assumed her to be at the start of Act 6.

Being functionally immortal and having a Spaceship means you can do these things.

Bongo Bill posted:

Sessions orbit the Green Sun in the abyss. Universes are created in the centers of successful sessions. The location of a session is apparently unrelated to the location of the universe that spawned it.

Are you sure? I never assumed Bilious Slick stayed in the location of the Skaia-egg it hatched from. (To say nothing of the scale issues of containing a universe inside a solar system)

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 26, 2012

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Bobulus posted:

Are you sure? I never assumed Bilious Slick stayed in the location of the Skaia-egg it hatched from. (To say nothing of the scale issues of containing a universe inside a solar system)

I think it did, that's how Jack gave it 'cancer'.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The one Bilious Slick we have seen did not stray from its nesting location in Skaia. Take from that what you will. Also, Jack didn't "give" the universe cancer, the cancer was more of a series of unfortunate events wrapped around his whole power grab/killing spree and personified by Jack himself upon his exit from the frog.

It's gotten lost in the shuffle with the updates and all, but I do think that the Sburb OST is better than the Land of Fans and Music at least (still working through it of course).

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
You know, given how the kids were split into two different timeliness from the scratch, perhaps we can assume the condensce arrived at both universes as a different version.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Sprite141 posted:

You know, given how the kids were split into two different timeliness from the scratch, perhaps we can assume the condensce arrived at both universes as a different version.

I think she did. Betty Crocker is the condensce in both B1 and B2.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

Bobulus posted:

Any Time or Space player could tell you it's bigger on the inside. :v:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Rose Spirit posted:

Any Time or Space player could tell you it's bigger on the inside. :v:

And I thought they looked big on the outside...

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Line Feed posted:

The way I figure it, Yaldabaoth is not actually the Heart denizen at all. On rare occasions a player's normal denizen gets swapped out for Yaldabaoth.

Could be. Alternately, the player roles might have gotten a bit hosed up by the one player dead session. Heart is after all the element of "self", seems pretty natural that Yaldy would have some things to talk to Caliborn about.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Bobulus posted:

To say nothing of the scale issues of containing a universe inside a solar system
This is certainly a strange thing to ask. It's hard to imagine scale issues when you have a corporeal frog in front of you of modest proportions that contains not only an entire universe, but all of its temporal aspects as well. And when one says that sessions "orbit" the Green Sun, that's somewhat of a technicality when you consider how bizarre the furthest ring is. It's more like you have a bunch of mini-universes (the sessions) that are connected to each other in a serpentine manner with the Green sun at the epicenter.

Sprite141 posted:

Weeeeeell the only things that should be duplicated are the players themselves, theoretically. After all there are not two Becs. I have no idea how the Condesce is in both B1 and B2 though, just that she has probably been hopping around through all of these places.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Nate RFB posted:

It's gotten lost in the shuffle with the updates and all, but I do think that the Sburb OST is better than the Land of Fans and Music at least (still working through it of course).

Yeah, the original LOFAM (as I understand) was basically a free-for-all, whereas this is by a small group of experienced musicians.

There's also a LOFAM2 coming out at Christmas which also has a lot more quality control than the first. One of the benefits of the fandom getting so huge and prolific is that the organizers had a lot more to choose from.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

IUG posted:

I was just looking at the past few updates, and there's still no way to get from the full page flash to the next page. If you hold tab you can see you can click the ~ mark that was previously over the sound icon, but it doesn't do anything still.

Clear your cache, it should work then.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Sprite141 posted:

I don't think this is likely. The ectobabies were split by the Skaia portals in B1's Medium sending a copy to B2 Earth by The Scratch. There isn't any evidence that the Condesce was ever in B1's Medium. Given Nannasprite's story about Betty Crocker vanishing (disa-spearing?), I think it's likely she either accomplished everything she was told to do in B1 or discovered their plans were a failure in B1 received orders to take control in B2 and left for B2 using a transmaterializer. And then B2 already seems to have more convenient transportalizers between Earth and the Medium that she could try to keep both under her finger at once.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Hmm, the whole "Dirk and Caliborn have the same, rare spawn denizen" thing got me to thinking -- Dirk's already had a symptom of his game being harder than others. His planet is the only one with an unbreathable atmosphere. If he hadn't pulled the shenanigans to get himself into the session like he did, he would have likely died upon landing in LOTAK.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Nate RFB posted:

Weeeeeell the only things that should be duplicated are the players themselves, theoretically. After all there are not two Becs. I have no idea how the Condesce is in both B1 and B2 though, just that she has probably been hopping around through all of these places.

Well the condesce is still a player, just from another session.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Yaldabaoth!

More Gnostic mythology!

I love Gnosticism, mainly for it's really neat take on the creation of the universe. See, most monotheistic religions have a problem. They worship the creator God, but his creation is pretty obviously deeply flawed. I mean, there's evil and suffering in the world. What's up with that God?

Gnostics have an answer to that. The Creator was a hosed up rear end in a top hat.

In their worldview (and this is a gross simplification, and there's a lot of different views in Gnosticism and this isn't The Story, just one impression I cobbled together) in the beginning there was a Monad- a perfect being... thing... concept. Not really clear what it is. And rather than creating stuff, all sorts of good beings/things/concepts just... emanated from it. Something went wrong with one of these things and we end up with a being called the Demiurge. The Demiurge can't perceive anything but itself, so it creates a universe rules over that universe as its creator god.

That universe is our universe. Our Creator is a blind idiot, according to the Gnostics. It explains a lot. Our goal is to hang on to what divine light from the Monad we have (our souls), and try and escape this dreadful realm and return to the higher levels of reality (usually by being all nice and pure and then dying).

The name of the demiurge in some traditions is Yaldabaoth.

Gnosticism!

I have to say, when I learned about Gnosticism I thought to myself, "that's a really crazy and interesting creation myth." Hussie's explicitly called Homestuck a creation myth... I wonder if he was similarly inspired by how neat Gnosticism is.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Sprite141 posted:

Well the condesce is still a player, just from another session.

No she isn't. An alternate version of her is a player from another session, but the lovely rear end in a top hat who's loving everything up is not.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Eiba posted:

Gnostics have an answer to that. The Creator was a hosed up rear end in a top hat.

I've not read a lot of the Bible, but I have read the Book of Job. It does not do very much at all to dissuade you of the notion that the Abrahamic God is a hosed up rear end in a top hat.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Cabbit posted:

I've not read a lot of the Bible, but I have read the Book of Job. It does not do very much at all to dissuade you of the notion that the Abrahamic God is a hosed up rear end in a top hat.
Some Gnostic Christians actually considered the God of the Old Testament to be the Demiurge, while the New Testament God and Jesus represent higher beings.
:eng101:

So... yeah, you're right, and other people have noticed that too!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Eiba posted:

Yaldabaoth!

More Gnostic mythology!

I love Gnosticism, mainly for it's really neat take on the creation of the universe. See, most monotheistic religions have a problem. They worship the creator God, but his creation is pretty obviously deeply flawed. I mean, there's evil and suffering in the world. What's up with that God?

In their worldview (and this is a gross simplification, and there's a lot of different views in Gnosticism and this isn't The Story, just one impression I cobbled together) in the beginning there was a Monad- a perfect being... thing... concept. Not really clear what it is. And rather than creating stuff, all sorts of good beings/things/concepts just... emanated from it. Something went wrong with one of these things and we end up with a being called the Demiurge. The Demiurge can't perceive anything but itself, so it creates a universe rules over that universe as its creator god.

That universe is our universe. Our Creator is a blind idiot, according to the Gnostics. It explains a lot. Our goal is to hang on to what divine light from the Monad we have (our souls), and try and escape this dreadful realm and return to the higher levels of reality (usually by being all nice and pure and then dying).

The name of the demiurge in some traditions is Yaldabaoth.

Gnosticism!

I have to say, when I learned about Gnosticism I thought to myself, "that's a really crazy and interesting creation myth." Hussie's explicitly called Homestuck a creation myth... I wonder if he was similarly inspired by how neat Gnosticism is.

Gnostic ideas show up elsewhere in Homestuck. Gnosticism drew extensively from Plato's Timaeus (a big hint is Dirk's chumhandle - in light of which, Dave's chumhandle takes on new meaning. Also, Jade's, though she appears to mean it in a different sense). Homestuck is loving filthy with Platonism; the most obvious example is the relation between captchalogues and Platonic ideals. The Gnostic conception of reality as an inferior simulacrum of a higher existence is the concept of ideals applied to the universe itself. Some Gnostics held that souls should desire to escape this crude and afflicted reality to a higher one; compare the last command in Problem Sleuth, John's certainty that something is missing, and Karkat's belief that he created a doomed universe.

Most Gnostic religions were very dualistic in their philosophies, and it'd be easier to list the things in Homestuck that aren't dualities. There are so many that they can't even all be related to this guy. Manichaeism had the Zoroastrian-inspired idea of a struggle between light and darkness with humanity caught in between; Mandaeism divided everything in the universe into various dualities.

Jake's denizen, Abraxas, was an ambiguous but very powerful Gnostic figure, possibly more relevant for its thematic association with heaven and angels than for its specifically Gnostic connotations.

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Nov 26, 2012

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Arthur Crackpot posted:

Also, the one problem with Earth being moved by GCat or Jade is that Hussie said it was moved to an entirely new universe. But I thought First Guardian powers were limited to their universe of origin?

This is in addition to the fact that an ordinary First Guardian doesn't seem to actually be capable of diverting/teleporting giant bodies of mass, otherwise Bec wouldn't have needed additional Sprite powers to deal with the meteor.

Now Jade, on the other hand, with her First Guardian/Sprite/Godtier Space powers seems more likely to be the culprit of post-scratch Earth being moved, given she's already preformed similar tricks, if on a slightly smaller scale. No teleportation needed if she can fit the Earth in her pocket. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Caliborn cannot possibly be Lord English. Every transformation he undergoes only makes him more adorable.