Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moistninja
Oct 19, 2012
What's that 'gently caress you" song?

I thought it was Stetsasonic, but can't find it.

Has samples of people saying "gently caress you, f-f-gently caress you, gently caress you, afuck you, gently caress you" very rhythmically and almost operatic at times. Could swear it's late 80's or early 90's and/or produced by Prince Paul, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for any help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milkrun
Mar 7, 2007

I've got a couple lines from a rap song bouncing around in my head, but I can't place it, please help!

'Same poo poo, different day, same poo poo, niggas say,
poo poo is different when a nigga gotta rap this way'

Fenderbender
Oct 10, 2003

You have the right to remain silent.

moistninja posted:

Has samples of people saying "gently caress you, f-f-gently caress you, gently caress you, afuck you, gently caress you" very rhythmically and almost operatic at times. Could swear it's late 80's or early 90's and/or produced by Prince Paul, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for any help

The gently caress you song by Big Fucky

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

moistninja posted:

Thanks for any help

For Doz That Slept?

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Can anyone help me out here? I recorded a video of a few lines of a song I heard on the radio in 2010. It's been bugging me ever since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl7zhPTIgIE

Any help would be extremely appreciated, thank you very much in advance.

Cupid Painted Blind
Feb 15, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Can anyone help me out here? I recorded a video of a few lines of a song I heard on the radio in 2010. It's been bugging me ever since.

Any help would be extremely appreciated, thank you very much in advance.

Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam - Head to Toe

Cupid Painted Blind fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 21, 2012

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

cheato posted:

While I was traveling through Winnipeg for business, I stopped in this steakhouse called Chop where they were playing all of this seemingly top 40 music--Foster the People, Maroon 5, etc.

And then there was one song that came on... female singer, downtempo electronic beat--sounded like it could've been done by Cut Copy or Junior Boys. Couldn't really recognize the voice and thought it might've been someone new, or very well Canadian for that matter that I wouldn't have had the chance to hear before. Wish I could've made out some of the lyrics because then I would've done the obvious Google search.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Grimes has been getting a lot of airplay in the UK (she's Canadian, I think). Also, this Jessie Ware song was everywhere for a while too (not Canadian but maybe made the top 40?).

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Thanks, this songs outrageous.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
I remember a song in school that kids would sing about cookies being shoved up assholes. I think it was by some terrible punk band or nu-metal :smuggo:
band. I never really listened to the radio so I have no idea what groups were popular or received air time. This was around the year 2000 I believe.

Here's the only lyrics I remember, "and take a cookie and put in your rear end" (emphasis on the rear end because it was yelled louder than the rest of the line)

Cupid Painted Blind
Feb 15, 2010

about_face posted:

I remember a song in school that kids would sing about cookies being shoved up assholes. I think it was by some terrible punk band or nu-metal :smuggo:
band. I never really listened to the radio so I have no idea what groups were popular or received air time. This was around the year 2000 I believe.

Here's the only lyrics I remember, "and take a cookie and put in your rear end" (emphasis on the rear end because it was yelled louder than the rest of the line)

Limp Bizkit - Nookie

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang
It'll be Nookie by Limp Bizkit. Just because I know it, doesn't mean I like it.

EDIT: ^^^ beaten.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

about_face posted:

That song is improved immensely by envisioning the lyrics changing to the entirely reasonable "and take a cookie and put it in your rear end."

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

It's also massively improved by doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaIAlO06yTI

Tiax Rules All
Jul 22, 2007
You are but the grease for the wheels of his rule.
There was a song that came out sometime within the last year or two that I really liked. I can't remember any of the words, or even how it sounds. I do remember that it definitely has an indieish feel to it, and that the "band" name is just the first names of a man and a woman. Is that ringing any bells?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Tiax Rules All posted:

There was a song that came out sometime within the last year or two that I really liked. I can't remember any of the words, or even how it sounds. I do remember that it definitely has an indieish feel to it, and that the "band" name is just the first names of a man and a woman. Is that ringing any bells?

Matt & Kim?

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

I've had a melody in my head for what feels like years now, and I can't pin it down. It *might* be the theme from an old TV show or something, but I can remember it well enough that I hammered it out on a Casio SK-1 I had laying around: http://partyhard.info/sa/mysterytune.mp3 Can anyone pick this out?

edit:

Tiax Rules All posted:

Belle and Sebastian?

Crackmaster
Feb 6, 2004
It's time I admit defeat. I had three songs I was going to ask about here, but after more careful listening I picked out the strains of "Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh" and dug up Ponchielli's "Dance of the Hours" for one of them (I was actually looking for this). WinAmp's Auto-Tag feature got me Jamiroquai's instrumental "Wolf In Sheep's Clothing" for the other. This last one, though, is kicking my rear end.

In December of 2009, I was doing some construction work in the basement of a house while another crew worked on the first floor. Their radio was tuned to some Spanish language station I'm not familiar with, and I found myself nodding my head to a catchy song that was playing. I had a little point and shoot camera on me, and recorded what I could of it: http://www.mediafire.com/?xfl2ltk9tiutigm

You'll hear handling noise occasionally as I fidget with the camera, but I tried my best to keep quiet and stay still. I'd have moved to a better spot, but I didn't know how long the song was and didn't want even more shuffling sounds to potentially drown out the ending. There's a very loud, metallic clanking starting at :55, and periodic sounds of footsteps and hammers throughout, so if you listen to the file, be careful turning the volume up.

Not being an audio expert, I've left the file unprocessed beyond extracting the AAC track from the video and converting it to MP3 for wider compatibility. I spent some time fiddling with the audio in Audacity, but beside finding the filtering didn't much help the sound, I realized the bigger problem is that I don't speak Spanish terribly well. And just my luck, the section with the least ambient noise is a guitar solo.

The lyric I keep hearing sounds like "oye cavarlo conmigo", but I get nothing in searches for that. I tried a Spanish rhyming dictionary, and didn't get anything when trying cazarlo, calmarlo, callarlo, caballo, or anything else that seemed like it might fit. Swapping "conmigo" with "contigo", and leaving off the "oye", didn't help either. The song could be about a woman hunting for the singer, or marrying him, or going horseback riding, I have no idea. If I could be sure of the lyrics, or if I could clearly hear the DJ starting at about 1:12, I'd probably be on my way to an answer, but no such luck.

I've been coming back to this every now and then over the past few years, but I keep coming up empty, and the melody is still stuck in my head. If anyone recognizes the tune, or speaks the language and can tell me what some of the lyrics are, I'd welcome the help.

Tiax Rules All
Jul 22, 2007
You are but the grease for the wheels of his rule.

Davincie posted:

Matt & Kim?

Yep. "Daylight." Thanks!

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

moistninja posted:

YouTube comments proved useful! Someone said that the initial sample was based off a Millie Jackson song, The gently caress You Symphony, which is fantastic and more likely it (takes her around 46 seconds to prepare the audience for being told "gently caress you" a couple hundred times):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGJgyuAu6eo

Pitpit
Apr 12, 2010

Now it's my turn to be angry.
I have a song that's been bothering me for years. I believe it was from either the 80's or maybe 90's. It was one of those songs with a whistle part that drove everybody nuts but you would find yourself whistling it later in the day.

I played the whistle really badly on a piano: http://www.kisstunes.com/m3/s.aspx?v=cM18wE264069 that was basically the whole thing from what I remember, and I'm pretty sure it was a woman who sang the song. Google was no help.

Pitpit fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Nov 25, 2012

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
I am wondering what this song is, from episode 12 of Freaks and Geeks. It sounds like it could have been the inspiration for the Diablo Tristram theme by Matt Uelmen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKyypWO0GCI#t=42m14s
Ends about 42:49 with that diabloish strum.

Googling around for songs on that episode seems to point to Classical Gas by Mason Williams, but I've listened to it a few times now and I don't think that's it. It does not appear to be any of the other songs on this list either.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

DrBox posted:

Googling around for songs on that episode seems to point to Classical Gas by Mason Williams, but I've listened to it a few times now and I don't think that's it. It does not appear to be any of the other songs on this list either.
No, I am the world's foremost authority on Mason William's "Classical Gas" and I can confirm it is not that, nor any of a half-dozen cover versions I have found in my heady obsession days. That is really interesting, though, as it does sound quite a bit like the Tristram theme. Given what little I know about the show, is it possible that they did that on purpose? Probably not.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Someone help me! I'm watching the show "Fresh Meat" on Hulu, and in Episode 2, there's a song that plays when they're at the student union bar (it starts at 10:40 here):

http://www.hulu.com/watch/406123

In the event no one wants to go check or it's a Hulu+ only video, it's a peppy rock song and the one phrase that I think I can pick up on is "it was like staring at the sun/every time I tried to take you on"? Something like that?

There's a site with music listings for the show, but it's absolutely not the same song listed on the site, so my only guess is the songs licensed for the "US airing" on Hulu are different?

It's catchy as gently caress. Any help?

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Hey can any Vegas goons help me out? I'm looking for a song where the only lyrics are "Las Vegas" set to some techno music. It got relatively little play time compared to other songs on the 96.7 pop station. I was out of the country and got a little home sick but I couldn't find it and since I've been back I haven't heard it.

SnowWolf
Nov 20, 2005
Heard this song while passing by and I didn't have my phone with me so I couldn't use an app to ID it. Seems like a 80s or 90s song, with a male singer. The chorus has a soft beat and one part sounds like either "I'll do anything" or "make me do anything" in a falsetto-sorta male voice with "thing" going up in pitch. But the parts after the chorus sound a little deeper with a harder beat. Not much to go on, sorry.

SnowWolf fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 27, 2012

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

SnowWolf posted:

Heard this song while passing by and I didn't have my phone with me so I couldn't use an app to ID it. Seems like a 80s or 90s song, with a male singer. The chorus has a soft beat and one part sounds like either "I'll do anything" or "make me do anything" in a falsetto-sorta male voice with "thing" going up in pitch. But the parts after the chorus sound a little deeper with a harder beat. Not much to go on, sorry.

Chris Isaak - Wicked Game?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAOxCqSxRD0

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

DrBox posted:

I am wondering what this song is, from episode 12 of Freaks and Geeks. It sounds like it could have been the inspiration for the Diablo Tristram theme by Matt Uelmen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKyypWO0GCI#t=42m14s
Ends about 42:49 with that diabloish strum.

Michael Andrews did the original soundtrack to Freaks and Geeks. He's best known for his Donnie Darko soundtrack, particularly his cover of Mad World. So he knows his way around silence - it's far better than the original version, which is always making noise and is rather silly. The 80s were not a good time for grace. He likes guitars so much he named an album after them, but unfortunately does few instrumentals.

Anyway, long story short: Michael Andrews - Neal's Lament, track 16 on the soundtrack (http://www.allmusic.com/album/freaks-and-geeks-mw0000391251).

vvv Holy crap, that video is terrifying. The Princess Bride suddenly got a whole lot more rapey.

The Wizard of Oz fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 27, 2012

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

SnowWolf posted:

Ric Ocasek - Emotion In Motion?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVXy7AsjvL4

SnowWolf
Nov 20, 2005
Nope to either of those. If I remember right, chorus goes something like "IIIIIII (stretched for 3-4 seconds with a few shifts in pitch) will do any^thing (with higher pitch on thing)". But obviously I don't have the lyrics just right because google search isn't coming up with anything

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

SnowWolf posted:

Nope to either of those. If I remember right, chorus goes something like "IIIIIII (stretched for 3-4 seconds with a few shifts in pitch) will do any^thing (with higher pitch on thing)". But obviously I don't have the lyrics just right because google search isn't coming up with anything

Hall and Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.
That's gotta be 100% it.

Rakins
Apr 6, 2009

This is a shot in the dark but about 5 maybe 6 years ago I heard a song with a male singer about a girl and the only two distinct things I can remember are the words vasoline and gasoline being sung out long and later other words that just strictly rhymed with that.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
"She Don't Use Jelly" — The Flaming Lips

SnowWolf
Nov 20, 2005

You got it, thanks!!

ThatFuckingCat
Sep 4, 2011
This has been bugging me for a week already, I have heard this song before but I can't remember the name. It's a slow electronic song with a piano and the song that always pops in my mind when I try to remember the name is Rob Dougan - Clubbed To Death (Kurayamino Mix).

You can hear it in the background in this video, starting at around 1:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S97pcpVeTA

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Royksopp - Triumphant

ThatFuckingCat
Sep 4, 2011

I think I love you. Thanks!

The sad thing is, I had Royksopp in my playlist all this time but only listened to "What Else Is There?"

Tigern
Sep 6, 2012

possibly tiger
Grimey Drawer
Sorry, this might be a bit outside the scope of this thread, but I really did not want to make a new thread to ask a simple question.

There's a part of this song I really like. From 0:12 to 0:19 there's a magnificent string part (or what I assume to be string) and I would love if anyone knew any music that used this "style" lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi29tS1jaGQ&t=12s

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Tigern posted:

Sorry, this might be a bit outside the scope of this thread, but I really did not want to make a new thread to ask a simple question.

There's a part of this song I really like. From 0:12 to 0:19 there's a magnificent string part (or what I assume to be string) and I would love if anyone knew any music that used this "style" lot.

You might like Adagio For Strings by Samuel Barber.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj8NGMULVK4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liebfraumilch
Aug 17, 2008

Tigern posted:

I don't know of a musical category to hand you, but I think you should hear this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVN1B-tUpgs