Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

h_double posted:

I like this show just fine as long as I don't think too hard about the dramatic arcs and just think of it as Grand Theft Auto: The TV Series, with dubious writing but a great stable of character actors.

For example, Katey Sagal's is second only to Danny DeVito on "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" in her ability to pronounce the word "whore".

Obviously you haven't heard Ralph from the Sopranos say whore. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Bobby is unfortunately that guy who puts the principle of the brotherhood % structure of the club before the individual. He's 85% of the reason the phrase 'bring it to the table' is overused in this show.

I suspect he now sees that the bad blood between Jax & Clay will harm SINS as a whole so he'll play any card or any side in the belief that all the secrets have to come out for the god of the club. The 'keep that piece close' comment was his way of telling Clay he needs to protect himself. Ideally he wants them to have an epic bitch-off at the table and someone just surrendering their anger/position but he sees it isn't going to be Jax.

machinegunmessiah
Jul 16, 2012

vyst posted:

Obviously you haven't heard Ralph from the Sopranos say whore. :colbert:
I thouht he was just saying 'Hooah'.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

I am seriously wondering if Sutter makes them husband and wife instead as his warped take on an injoke

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

GimpChimp posted:

I am seriously wondering if Sutter makes them husband and wife instead as his warped take on an injoke

Goddammit that's just right on.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

GimpChimp posted:

Wouldn't surprise me. We haven't had an occurrence of that in a couple seasons, so we're about due; even if it's meta.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I wouldn't necessarily mind if Bobby caught a bullet, pipe or whatever else comes up on the Sutter Wheel of Murder.

cornface
Dec 28, 2006

by Lowtax
There was a scene in this episode that rivaled bookshelf lean where Jax is trying to stand all cool like, but they show his feet and they are both rotated out 90 degrees to the side like a ballerina. No wonder he walks like that.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I hope Clay dies off-screen doing something boring and mundane, right before his big supposed confrontation/show-down with Jax.

TemetNosceXVIcubus
Sep 8, 2011

by Pipski

FiddlersThree posted:

When Bobby came into Clay's house, didn't he say something like, "You'd better keep that piece close"? My impression is that Jax spilling all the things he'd gotten to the bottom of made Bobby turn the corner regarding Clay, and now he's coming to confront him with what he knows. My guess is that Clay is going to somehow turn it around and manipulate Bobby into joining his side.

EDIT: Also, I may have missed something, but why did Clay suddenly push so hard for the Galindos to not kill Jax? Was it a sudden bout of random sentimentalism, or was there an angle?

Having watched this show from the very beginning. The reveal will be that everyone of the First 9, except for Piney was in on killing John Teller, Jax's "father", and then we'll find out that Clay is Jax's biological father. That's why he doesn't want the Galindos to kill Jax.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

TemetNosceXVIcubus posted:

Having watched this show from the very beginning. The reveal will be that everyone of the First 9, except for Piney was in on killing John Teller, Jax's "father", and then we'll find out that Clay is Jax's biological father. That's why he doesn't want the Galindos to kill Jax.
Which would explain all the buildup of this between Jax and Clay. And by all the build up I mean Jax telling Clay not to call him son.

cornface
Dec 28, 2006

by Lowtax

kenny powerzzz posted:

Which would explain all the buildup of this between Jax and Clay. And by all the build up I mean Jax telling Clay not to call him son.

It would also explain why their eyes are so freakishly close together.

VampiricGiraffe
Feb 5, 2012
from the ads at the bottom of the page.

Yes, yes he is.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
We must protect the club, Tara and my boys by bringing The Beef to the Table to avoid any Blowback from Galindo.

edit: get to the bottom of this

Whiskey_Dick
Feb 10, 2009

Pron on VHS posted:

We must protect the club, Tara and my boys by bringing The Beef to the Table to avoid any Blowback from Galindo.

Somehow, you just made watching this whole show from the start TOTALLY worthwhile. Dying laughing here, thank you.

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch

ruddiger posted:

Louis CK is going to show up in the last episode of the season when Clay is killed in some random bullshit, robbing Jax of his vengeance. Louis is going to be playing the cop who tells him YOUR STEP-FATHER IS DEAD.

you cant go back there :/ your DAD is DEAD

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
My sister likes SoA and her taste in TV is poo poo. If I needed any further confirmation of the lovely-ness of this show.

e: just bought a new avatar for the first time since my reg( 2005) just so I could ditch the gang-tag of shame. Patch me out boys!

metachronos fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 27, 2012

cornface
Dec 28, 2006

by Lowtax

metachronos posted:

My sister likes SoA and her taste in TV is poo poo. If I needed any further confirmation of the lovely-ness of this show.

e: just bought a new avatar for the first time since my reg( 2005) just so I could ditch the gang-tag of shame. Patch me out boys!

Going to laugh if someone ends up replacing your new avatar with Kurt Sutter wanking.

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch

metachronos posted:

Patch me out boys!

Knife or Fire?

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
knife

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

GateheaD posted:

Knife or Fire?

Is laser an option?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Could always just rub it off.

Or, alternatively, cover it up with something else.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Pron on VHS posted:

You also need to work in (shocking thing said) followed with (turn head away from camera) "Jesus christ..."

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

For all you Opie fans.

Afraid to click? 'Tis a blurb about Ryan Hurst and his magnificent beard. There's a brutal video after the jump that involves a samurai sword and said beard.

Also, Hurst apparently signed on to a new series on TNT. No idea what it is.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

hatelull posted:

For all you Opie fans.

Afraid to click? 'Tis a blurb about Ryan Hurst and his magnificent beard. There's a brutal video after the jump that involves a samurai sword and said beard.

Also, Hurst apparently signed on to a new series on TNT. No idea what it is.

I can't think of too many men that this statement would apply to, but Ryan looks better with a beard.

Ironic that the beard got a better send-off than the character that wore it.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Ghostpilot posted:

I can't think of too many men that this statement would apply to, but Ryan looks better with a beard.

I was just about to post this. He was one of the few that looked legitimately like a believable bad rear end on the show. If he threatened me, I would be scared. If Jax did...not so much.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

KilGrey posted:

I was just about to post this. He was one of the few that looked legitimately like a believable bad rear end on the show. If he threatened me, I would be scared. If Jax did...not so much.

Jax can be intimidating! See?

Ghostpilot posted:

Here's a little something: one of these characters is trying to intimidate the other. Guess who that person is.

v:shobon:v

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!
I tried to catch up on this shitshow over Thanksgiving. I skipped some episodes, but as far as I can tell it made no real difference. This thread is more entertaining anyway.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

basx posted:

I tried to catch up on this shitshow over Thanksgiving. I skipped some episodes, but as far as I can tell it made no real difference. This thread is more entertaining anyway.

At this point, I pretty much watch this show so I get to laugh reading this thread afterwards.

Also, I am partial to bro-walking.

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Welcome to TB Diddlers in Mokena.

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners

VampiricGiraffe posted:

from the ads at the bottom of the page.

Yes, yes he is.

Yea as I browalk throught the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for I am getting to the bottom of this poo poo

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!

Ghostpilot posted:

Here's a little something: one of these characters is trying to intimidate the other. Guess which is doing the intimidating:

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

gently caress you Clay over and over and over again.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Well okay.....

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Thank loving God.

Fake edit: Oh, nevermind, Jax stopped.

Real edit: Jesus christ. Since when do multinational motorcycle gangs need to prove anything to kill someone?

Edit2: WHAT THE gently caress JAX YOU ARE ASKING ADVICE FROM THE GUY WHO KILLED YOUR BEST FRIEND

Baronash fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Nov 28, 2012

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

JohnSherman posted:

Thank loving God.

Fake edit: Oh, nevermind, Jax stopped.

Real edit: Jesus christ. Since when do multinational motorcycle gangs need to prove anything to kill someone?

Edit2: WHAT THE gently caress JAX YOU ARE ASKING ADVICE FROM THE GUY WHO KILLED YOUR BEST FRIEND

Jax suffers from denial and severe cognitive dissonance. As does Sutter.

Edit: I bet Clay burns down TM and the clubhouse

geeves fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 28, 2012

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

:ughh:

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
Awww yeaahhhh, back to Ireland :suicide:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
This show, and every single character in it, is so impossibly retarded. I don't even understand how they manage to wake up in the morning and get dressed without accidentally strangling themselves. I feel like the mere act of walking should be too complicated for them. I finally understand what it is like to utterly despise a show to the core.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

:suicide: gently caress everything. What the hell was the point of that?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

:suicide: gently caress everything. What the hell was the point of that?

Sutter has two more seasons to create pointless drama for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesion
Mar 14, 2010

Was that Dave Navarro?

• Locked thread