Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
video here:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-interview-ends-after-guest-accuses-network-of-operating-as-wing-of-the-republican-party/

is pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW

Maria Gorrostieta, former Mexican Mayor tortured and beaten to death, her body at the side of a road.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mayor Rob Ford will fight removal ruling 'tooth and nail'

quote:

An Ontario judge has ordered that Toronto Mayor Rob Ford be relieved of his duties as the city's chief magistrate after it was found he violated conflict of interest rules, but the outspoken politician says he'll fight the decision.

On Monday morning, Ontario Superior Court Justice Charles T. Hackland said in his ruling that the mayor violated the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act by speaking and participating in a council vote regarding a financial penalty he was ordered to pay after he was found to have violated council's code of conduct by soliciting donations to his football charity using city materials.

The ruling would take effect in 14 days because Hackland said he recognized the decision "will necessitate administrative changes in the City of Toronto."

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

T.Worth posted:

Maria Gorrostieta, former Mexican Mayor tortured and beaten to death, her body at the side of a road.

Could you maybe link the dead body?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The People's Daily Online doesn't know what The Onion is.

T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW

front wing flexing posted:

Could you maybe link the dead body?

As opposed to all of the other dead, disfigured and maimed people posted here?

If it really makes you feel bad I will link it.

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.
http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/faultlines/2011/06/201161493451742709.html

quote:

On this episode of Fault Lines, Josh Rushing travels to Ciudad Juarez, and asks how human life there came to be worth so much less than the drugs being trafficked through.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Haven't seen that Aljazeera vid, but I found this NPR series pretty interesting

Juarez: A City on the Edge
Poverty, Violence and Hope in a Sprawling Mexican Border Town
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1966988

T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW
If I ever have to link something:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/ZpFLg.gif :nws:

Hitler, black cocks, white women. Click at your peril.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Exclamation Marx posted:

I'm really sorry to break it to you, but Thatcher's still alive :(

I was trying to funny, but there really is nothing funny about that evil hag and her legacy of death and pain.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

T.Worth posted:

This is very sad but to be honest, I am surprised she lasted as long as she did. When she came into power in 2008, I would never in a million years have guessed that the United States would have two states decriminalize marijuana just four years later. Perhaps her death can become a catalyst for further change.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Joementum posted:

The People's Daily Online doesn't know what The Onion is.

Glorious photogenic leader.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Frostwerks posted:

Oh my god I didn't even understand it until you said something.

e: poo poo, finding a pic. gimme a couple.

Anyone have the better picture of the girl putting the flowers in the riot shield? It was an amazing picture and I think it was from this same demonstration.

I don't have the original saved.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Lassitude posted:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lassitude posted:

Selective color is dumb and ugly :colbert:

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Do you have a cleaner copy of this? I'd love to make a print out of this for my wall.

Sadly not, I found it through here, and they don't know who made it. :(

"Bolshevism is murder" - a subtle Dutch Nazi-propaganda poster

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 27, 2012

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Some pictures from 1970's Iran:

Filmmaker Ali Hatami and his wife.

Fourouzan, a famous actress.

Most of you are probably familiar with Operation Ajax, but if you're not, you should definitely read up on it. There are many reasons as to why the middle east looks like it does today, but one of the more important ones is the amazing number of foreign (primarily US and British) interventions of various kinds, particularly during the cold war.

Bonus music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3a6XYKDp-M

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 27, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's a short video that shows some awful Golden Dawn stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLOESazVHL4
:(

Here's some IDF soldiers posing with a dead Palestinian

Here's a homeless kid:

We need something to cheer us up:
:dance: impromptu dance party in the streets! :dance:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I know a few of these have made the rounds, but here is a small collection to put em all in one place

In case anyone missed CFL Grey Cup this weekend, at halftime they booed Bieber when his name was announced, when his pic was shown, and then when he came on stage. The loudest boos were heard when Bieber asked the crowd to make some noise.

I guess there isn't a huge crossover between Bieber fans and Canadian Football fans.

Here's what the grand spectacle looked like:

Rest of the costume aside, I don't get why his tight leather pants are so low.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

I thought that was a photoshop?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Tias posted:

I was trying to funny, but there really is nothing funny about that evil hag and her legacy of death and pain.

It caused some brilliant satire of her reign of terror. That is the only good thing to come from Thatcher.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Ferrosol posted:

It caused some brilliant satire of her reign of terror. That is the only good thing to come from Thatcher.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"

TheFluff posted:

Some pictures from 1970's Iran:

Filmmaker Ali Hatami and his wife.

Fourouzan, a famous actress.

Most of you are probably familiar with Operation Ajax, but if you're not, you should definitely read up on it. There are many reasons as to why the middle east looks like it does today, but one of the more important ones is the amazing number of foreign (primarily US and British) interventions of various kinds, particularly during the cold war.

Bonus music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3a6XYKDp-M

Gharbzadegi. Praise God that we now practice the correct deen.

Dr. Shariati

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

Replacing public welfare/education/etc. with private enterprise? Seems exactly like what Thatcher wanted/did but with better PR.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Experto Crede posted:

Replacing public welfare/education/etc. with private enterprise? Seems exactly like what Thatcher wanted/did but with better PR.

Yep!

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Dilkington posted:

Gharbzadegi. Praise God that we now practice the correct deen.

Dr. Shariati

There are some really interesting parallels between Iranian anti-westernization and the modern European nationalistic anti-muslim movements. They hate each other, and yet they're so much alike. Both long for an imagined traditional past that never really existed in the first place and fear change and foreigners.

Jimmie Åkesson wearing a traditional costume to the opening of the parliament. His party's political platform basically rests on two pillars, namely 1) kicking out all dem immigrants that are taking our jerbs (particularly those evil muslims), and 2) waxing nostalgic about The National Spirit and Traditional Values that never really existed except in his imagination.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Nov 28, 2012

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

racism is over guys

Some idiot on my friends list who is normally a harmless nerd posted this with the caption "Sigh... I have to."

e: when I called him out on it, one of his friends(who is black) said it wasn't racist. What the gently caress do you even do when that happens. Maybe I'm the real racist :negative:

Admiral Bosch fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Nov 28, 2012

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stand very still, they can't see you if you don't move :ssh:

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Admiral Bosch posted:

e: when I called him out on it, one of his friends(who is black) said it wasn't racist. What the gently caress do you even do when that happens. Maybe I'm the real racist :negative:

My roommate (who is black) and I, did not find the image racist for what it's worth.

poopy pee pee
Feb 13, 2012

I'm a nice guy, hoping to have some fun on these forums, Lol

JoelJoel posted:

Rest of the costume aside, I don't get why his tight leather pants are so low.

They're probably drop-crotches or something.

FRICK BU$HITLER!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZIGI0RN-O8

e: another Bush-themed cboyardee vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3dW-e2UVnI

poopy pee pee fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 28, 2012

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention

Admiral Bosch posted:

racism is over guys

Some idiot on my friends list who is normally a harmless nerd posted this with the caption "Sigh... I have to."

Don't worry, that poo poo is loving racist.

What you do is unfriend them because they're both huge baby dumbasses.

quote:

There are so many words for different shades of brown: Walnut! Sepia! Almond! But every once in a while, we can count on a manufacturer or retailer to dig up a descriptor that refers to black people rather than, say, trees or nuts. And it's just never going to sit right with us.

The latest lacks the apparent hostility of Abercromie's infamous "n--ger brown" pants, but still -- "Barack Light Brown" for an Overstock.com sofa bed? Somehow this never seems to happen with "John McCain white" linens or "Mitt Romney-on-Univision orange" socks. Why? Probably because people don't see either man's skin color as his defining quality.

http://www.theroot.com/buzz/barack-light-brown-sofa-why

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Thank God! I was worried they might get lazy and just hand the decision making over to a computer!

Article they're linking.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Prrrrrrropaganda!

"Peace, friendship, solidarity - No to Fascism!"

This one's interesting, looks like cultural revolution propaganda:

"For the Motherland!"

GirlBones
Jun 10, 2007
I am not very good at the internet

AW YUSS

http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/11/27/glenn-becks-shocking-obama-art-piece/

EDIT: I bought a lottery ticket earlier and if I win the jackpot tomorrow night then I am going to buy that jar and drink the pee pee on the Glenn Beck show. :toxx:

GirlBones fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 28, 2012

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

GirlBones posted:

AW YUSS

http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/11/27/glenn-becks-shocking-obama-art-piece/

EDIT: I bought a lottery ticket earlier and if I win the jackpot tomorrow night then I am going to buy that jar and drink the pee pee on the Glenn Beck show. :toxx:

Doesn't hold a candle to the original.

GirlBones
Jun 10, 2007
I am not very good at the internet
^^I have no idea what I'm looking at.

Have some "Holy Virgin Mary" by Ofili. It's splattered with elephant poop and the butts are stills from blaxploitation movies. IIRC the artist got sued by Rudy Giuliani, that swine, when the painting was exhibited in New York

GirlBones fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

GirlBones posted:

If you got access to a jar of Glenn Beck's piss and didn't immediately throw it at Glenn Beck you would bring shame upon your house.

• Locked thread