Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm right on the cusp between Sagittarius and Scorpio. One friend feels jealous, the other just feels intense pity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

various people posted:

I am a traditional [blah], sidereal [blah].

No one cares about the meaningless, imagined connection to certain mythological figures that you share with over half a billion people. Astrology, like magic, is fake as poo poo, and while there is no doubt that certain homestucks have connections to certain star signs, due to being fictional, you are a real person and do not.

:goonsay:

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
I guess if we're talking about this, I'm Gemini, sidereal Taurus. I love both my trolls, and may get a Sollux shirt at some point, but right now I only own Terezi stuff because Terezi is boss.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
The good folks at Topatoco continue to produce the amazing products we all need:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQNDnWZNtds

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
The hell is this sidereal poo poo?

Also I just decided to look up who's who and I'm Sagittarius. Go Equius.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Crain posted:

The hell is this sidereal poo poo?

Earth's axis of rotation precesses. Because the seasons are related to the direction of its axis, over time the seasons (and hence the months) change relative to the area of space the Earth is in during that portion of its orbit. Three thousand years ago, Earth was in a position where, for example, the sun was in Gemini during June. The ancients came up with a system of mysticism based on that. Three thousand years later, the system hasn't changed, but the relationship between the months and the Sun-Earth-stars has, thanks to the precession of the Earth's axis. So there is a new system, which most astrologers don't use, that is more "accurate," and it is called "sidereal" ("of the stars").

So, long story short, it's a new heap of bullshit invented when it became obvious that the old heap of bullshit wasn't even self-consistent anymore.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
To make things even more needlessly complicated, there are two sidereal systems: one with 12 equal-length signs, and one with 13 signs of length corresponding to how long the sign is actually prominent. The extra sign is Ophiuchus the serpent-bearer, which lies between Scorpio and Sagittarius. Its symbol is on Caliborn's shirt.

I was going to write more, but there's an update.

Rykert
Mar 13, 2010
Oh nooooo. Oh no. Eridan and Sollux :S

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine
Haha, wow, this is great. What would he even be called?

And what of the other sprites?

Rykert
Mar 13, 2010
Erix? Sollidan?? puke

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Erisolsprite?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Haha oh god Solludan. Can't wait to see what Gam's done with the other kids' sprites too, this is amazing.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Eriduxsprite, probs.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Bifurcatedsprite.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The fact that Solleridansprite is managing to stay at least mostly cohesive, while Tavrisprite was so incompatible it exploded, is... almost concerning.

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me
The thread is going to quickly devolve into goons arguing about whatever the combo name of Eridan and Sollux is going to be, calling it now.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Wait, hang on--after this there's two more sprites to prototype a total of four times, yeah? Roxy and Dirk's. But there's only three dead trolls left to prototype with, aren't there? Feferi, Nepeta, and Equius. What'll fill in for the fourth spot?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Burst out laughing at Erisolsprite floating around with the beautiful serene music (it's from A Taste for Adventure BTW).

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Really hoping Roxy is besties with Nepequiusprite by now.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Trebuchet King posted:

Wait, hang on--after this there's two more sprites to prototype a total of four times, yeah? Roxy and Dirk's. But there's only three dead trolls left to prototype with, aren't there? Feferi, Nepeta, and Equius. What'll fill in for the fourth spot?

Gamzee will finally die, and become Gampeta.

That song really sounds like Dragon Roost Isle's theme from Zelda Wind Waker and it's pretty great.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Trebuchet King posted:

Dirk's sprite will be Equius, straight up.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Wait.

Equius and Minihoof.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Wait why is first guardian Becquerel in Jake's photo/thought bubble?

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Between the cherubs, gamzee, and all these sprite abominations, split personality is a pretty huge motif of this act. I wonder if Hussie's going to somehow link them together explicitly...

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

A couple minutes before I noticed that there was an update, I was browsing mspabooru and saw this and wondered for half a second what kinda dumb fantroll was combining Eridan and Sollux.

Welp :v:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

A big flaming stink posted:

Wait why is first guardian Becquerel in Jake's photo/thought bubble?

Presumably B1 Jade wrote about him at some point.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Jake's mental images of John and Jade are really cute, actually. I like that John is wearing a bowtie as well.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's the only creature in all of paradox space that hates itself more than Karkat.

This has disconcerting/hilarious implications for the state of Sollux' half ghost, too.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Trebuchet King posted:

Well, Eridan was cut in half...

I have no idea though, we'll probably see it soon.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

"What a STRONG guide for such a STRONG player. His glasses seem a little busted up though. Let's give him a new pair"

http://imgur.com/XKD0t

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

TheDemon posted:

Well, Eridan was cut in half...

I have no idea though, we'll probably see it soon.
Though if we see two of anyone, it's going to be Sollux. Didn't he leave behind two corpses? I forget what happened to them, and can't be bothered to check.

Feferi/Sollux makes sense too, given their relationship... In a way that Eridan/Sollux does not, come to think of it.

But honestly, I don't care about any of those jokers- I want to see Nepeta/Equius because I think their friendship is adorable, and I totally think a character that combined them would be absolutely hilarious.

Also, I like how Hussie explicitly said he has no idea why Gamzee prototyped his friends' corpses (he's just a loving clown- he does stuff no one understands), while (real) Hussie obviously does know what's going on to some extent as he's going on with the thing. It creates a weird dissonance where the author explicitly says he doesn't understand his own story, which kind of undercuts it's coherency... even while that's obviously not the case.

And lastly, I really like Jake's world. It's pretty. And the music goes well with it.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I'd complain about the fenestrated wall teasing, but I guess I didn't really expect that to happen just yet. And I'm glad more of Taste for Adventure is being used, I love that part.

Eiba posted:

Though if we see two of anyone, it's going to be Sollux. Didn't he leave behind two corpses? I forget what happened to them, and can't be bothered to check.

Sollux was first killed by the Vast Glub just as he entered. Feferi revived him, then we didn't see the corpse again; Gamzee was with Karkat on LOTAM at the time, but that needn't mean he didn't grab it at some point, though he'd have to have done it before he sobered up - and we never saw Sollux among his jury, for example. So probably not, unless he just wasn't using all of his corpse collection for some clownish reason. Later on, Sollux killed himself again with the psychic overexertion of propelling the meteor to the Green Sun, and Gamzee did make off with the resulting corpse (plus Vriska's).

In principle, there could be another corpse of his Prospit self somewhere; we didn't see what happened to that either, but I don't think Gamzee would have had any opportunity to get off the meteor and pick it up.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I think it's rather quaint how Jake's imagining John and Jade dressed in Grandma and Pop Pop clothes.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

I think it's rather quaint how Jake's imagining John and Jade dressed in Grandma and Pop Pop clothes.

Well, that is what they wore in B2.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Oh man, Jake's vision of his grandparents/descendants is downright adorable.

Cleretic posted:

The fact that Solleridansprite is managing to stay at least mostly cohesive, while Tavrisprite was so incompatible it exploded, is... almost concerning.

It's probably more of a testament to how universally opposed in personality Tavros and Vriska were, as opposed to saying that making sprites out of any two sapient beings was impossible or anything.

(Although both Sollux and Eridan were prone to being snarky, jerky, and melancholic at points, I guess.)

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I like the implication that Jake still doesn't quite get what the situation is. I guess there might not have been quite so many bubble meetups, with everyone busy searching for various things and/or getting rekilled by Lord English.

Maybe Dirk is about to try to clue him in again, if it comes up, but in any case I hope we'll hear a little about what's going on with their session. It seems comparatively peaceful now (not even any imps in sight!) and they've been hanging out there for several months, so what's the Condesce been up to?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sollux and Eridan hated each other but they weren't total opposites, so it worked. Sollux and Eridan both only ever spoke to Jade among the humans, so it makes sense that they'd be Jake's sprite (cf. Tavros and Vriska being most strongly associated with John who is parallel to Jane).

If a spare Aradiabot was lying around, then there are enough corpses for all four kids to have amalgamations. Equius and Aradia both met Dave, so that particularly... unsettling... combination would be Roxy's sprite most likely. By process of elimination, that leaves Nepeta and Feferi for Dirk, but I can't see that producing any especially interesting chemistry.

The best possible outcome, of course, would be for Equius and Sawtooth to have been prototyped into Dirk's sprite.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Man, that sprite is kind of rude. :mad:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Bongo Bill posted:

Sollux and Eridan hated each other but they weren't total opposites, so it worked. Sollux and Eridan both only ever spoke to Jade among the humans, so it makes sense that they'd be Jake's sprite (cf. Tavros and Vriska being most strongly associated with John who is parallel to Jane).

This is incorrect, as Eridan talked to Rose at one point. She blew up his computer, remember?

Since Roxy likes cats I could see her ending up with Nepeta and with Dirk liking horses he could get Equius, but I'm not sure where Feferi would fit in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

Technique posted:

Man, that sprite is kind of rude. :mad:

If you were a bi-polar douche stuck co-habitating a sprite with an Ampora, you'd be none too pleasant, either.