Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I imagine that reviving a dreamself through a sprite after going god tier would be impossible, since the Dream-self body is the one that takes over after the God-Tier fusion: there's no dream self body left to throw into the sprite. Even when Aradia ascended, her sprite body vanished (in a huge explosion), so presumably any normal-self remains vanish in the case of going god tier using the quest beds inside prospit/derse as Rose and Dave also did.

I do wonder if this means Jake is SOL when it comes to getting the got tiger since his dream self is the one that is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Dolash posted:

Here's a question about Aradiabot - we know that if a dreamself dies but is revived through a sprite, the original player can still go god-tier (like Jade did), but what happens if you revive a dead dreamself through a sprite after the person in question goes god-tier? Does the sprite just create a 'hollow' copy of the person rather than use their soul? Do you just get the base components (so throwing Aradiabot in one will just roboticize whatever else you put in)?

Mostly I'm hoping for an Aradia and Feferi sprite, since they both liked Sollux but nobody likes Eridan, for the awkward interactions between the two merged sprite entities. Also because Aradiabot's fatalism and Feferi's optimism would be pretty trippy if shaken up together.

Maybe a Nepeta and Feferi combo in order to make possibly the least relevant character in Homestuck history.

You couldn't revive your dreamself via sprite after going gotier. No matter what, the dreamself is the one that becomes godtier.

^^What he said.^^

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Prison Warden posted:

I imagine that reviving a dreamself through a sprite after going god tier would be impossible, since the Dream-self body is the one that takes over after the God-Tier fusion: there's no dream self body left to throw into the sprite. Even when Aradia ascended, her sprite body vanished (in a huge explosion), so presumably any normal-self remains vanish in the case of going god tier using the quest beds inside prospit/derse as Rose and Dave also did.

I do wonder if this means Jake is SOL when it comes to getting the got tiger since his dream self is the one that is dead.

If I'm not mistaken, when John went god-tier his corpse was left behind. The camera hung on it from WV's perspective after John's god-tier self appeared. That would suggest some corpse or other might be left behind to revive even after god-tiering. And Aradiabot may have exploded, but the robot built in her image might retain her personality if prototyped, but that's pretty much an unsubstantiated maybe.

Actually... what did happen with all the corpses left behind in the Incipisphere? Did John bury his dad (assuming his body wasn't vaporized in Rose's battle with Bec Noir)? Did he and Jade get their stuff back from their own bodies?

They actually have enough remains to do a full funeral for their whole group, minus grandpa.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Dolash posted:

If I'm not mistaken, when John went god-tier his corpse was left behind. The camera hung on it from WV's perspective after John's god-tier self appeared. That would suggest some corpse or other might be left behind to revive even after god-tiering. And Aradiabot may have exploded, but the robot built in her image might retain her personality if prototyped, but that's pretty much an unsubstantiated maybe.

Actually... what did happen with all the corpses left behind in the Incipisphere? Did John bury his dad (assuming his body wasn't vaporized in Rose's battle with Bec Noir)? Did he and Jade get their stuff back from their own bodies?

They actually have enough remains to do a full funeral for their whole group, minus grandpa.

Yes, but that corpse was not his dream self. It was just his regular self. It's probably still there, actually. Gross.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Finally, I can wear something Homestuck-related to work and not look like a complete juvenile prat.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I wonder what happened between Jake and Dirk. The iPhone wallpaper makes it sad.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
So clingy, Dirk.

I mean, considering Dirk has still only met three other people in his lifetime and spent 16 years without any personal contact with them it's understandable.

But clingy, nonetheless.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Jake has suddenly moved dramatically up in my favorite character rankings, without saying a word.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aww Dirk is an overly attached boyfriend. :(

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
An overly attached and controlling boyfriend.

I still like Dirk, but man, that's some uncool behavior, son

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

This update's a bit :smith:

Also, the Lion's Mouth?

I'm guessing that has something to do with Yaldabaoth since it is related to both fire and lions. Maybe the entrance is what we saw in Act 6-4?

Edit: Maybe it's a passage to the core of the planet, where Yaldabaoth resides, just like he/she/it does on far future Earth.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Aw, man. Dirk's end of the chat is just about one of the most :smith: things in Homestuck.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

McStephenson posted:

An overly attached and controlling boyfriend.

I still like Dirk, but man, that's some uncool behavior, son
Maybe it's because it's 2 AM but I'm not really seeing the controlling part? It mostly just seems :smith: to me.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Yeah, I'm not seeing controlling. Micro-managing and neurotic, sure, definitely clingy. Controlling does not seem like the type to send a slightly cringe-inducing amount of texts that essentially amount to "Hey, you still like me and want to do things with me, right? You didn't leave because I hosed up, right?"

Probably hard to not cling a little when you've been alone in the middle of Alien Sea Hitler's murderworld for your whole life, though.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Yeah, I don't really get controlling from his text. Dirk's just real excited to go out adventuring with his best bud. Even if that's pretty much all they've been doing for however long it's been.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Man, Dirk's insecurity kind of comes through here.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

DRAMA BOMB INCOMING!

EVERYONE TO THE SHELTER!

NEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWBAM!

DIRECT HIT!

There were no survivors. :|

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Nov 29, 2012

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Please tell me this leads to Jake talking to Sollerisprite about relationships, that would be pretty funny.

But yeah, this update was pretty :smith:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Please tell me this leads to Jake talking to Sollerisprite about relationships, that would be pretty funny.

Might work. Sollux getss double the ladies for some inscrutable reason, while Eridan balances out his excess of mojo. Combined they equal one regular dude.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Well Manicured Man posted:

Edit: The $100 pledge seems like something Hussie would spring for too:

Pledge $100 or more posted:

Full-size Cyberdwarf body pillow + all previous rewards. Share your cold nights and warm applebottom with a full-size Cyberdwarf body pillow (or dakimakura for my enlightened brothers). Horrendously burned in a fire, Cyberdwarf's life was saved only after having basketballs grafted over his skin. He's lonely and looking for love, but be careful - he bites! The Cyberdwarf body pillow comes with just the case, not the pillow.

Is... is this just a regular-sized pillow with a picture of Cyberdwarf on it? :allears:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Nov 29, 2012

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
This is the most insane theory I have ever heard.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Renaissance Robot posted:

Is... is this just a regular-sized pillow with a picture of Cyberdwarf on it? :allears:

Even better. It's a pillow case.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

"Hmm, can't be that bad there's been some pretty crazy theories out there"

"Roxy is based on Chell"

"We're done here."

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

quote:

Also, let us not forget that Roxy is technically adopted by Carapacians. Chell is implied to have been adopted by someone (Cave? Caroline? We may never know.)

You know, I think that this theory may be a bit of a stretch.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Crain posted:

"Hmm, can't be that bad there's been some pretty crazy theories out there"

"Roxy is based on Chell"

"We're done here."

To be fair i would play a mod of Portal 2 where Chell is drunk!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

MyFaceBeHi posted:

To be fair i would play a mod of Portal 2 where Chell is drunk!

Or a mod where you just play Roxy with her sniper portal gun. And drunkenness.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Admiral Goodenough posted:

beiing a kiid and growwing up
iit'2 hard and nobody under2tand2

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Boneless Jogger posted:

Even better. It's a pillow case.

Here's what I believe is the design:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Holy poo poo what a downer of an update. :smith:

Reene posted:

Man, Dirk's insecurity kind of comes through here.

Yeah, I feel bad for the kid, he's got zero people skills so that's just making it worse.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Aww man. I liked those two as a couple. :smith:

I guess it wouldn't be a story of teens and relationships if it wasn't also a story of relationships going wrong.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

Eiba posted:

Aww man. I liked those two as a couple. :smith:

I guess it wouldn't be a story of teens and relationships if it wasn't also a story of relationships going wrong.

I figured the fact that their relationship was kicked off by Dirk manipulating Jake into kissing his severed head in front of all his friends, and Jake kind of going along with it because he felt like it was the fair thing to do probably wasn't going to end up as totally smooth sailing forever.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I guess this is why you don't just rush to matching tattoos!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

The biggest problem for Dirk is that, as another poster pointed out, he has experience dealing with exactly 5, maybe 6 people. Jane, Roxey, Jake, Caliborn, and The Condense. And I say maybe 6 because I don't remember if he ever interacted with Calliope. Even then, those interactions were, up until very recently, purely in text format. That's not a relationship. You don't learn how to pick up on nonverbal cues. Hell you don't even learn how to pick up on most verbal cues. He's probably never heard what sarcasm even sounds like.

So I'm not really surprised that there's trouble in paradise after the novelty has worn off. We'll just have to see how things go from here. Jake could be sad about something entirely different.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

Fagtastic posted:

I find Hussies treatment of gay stuff exceptional in this regard. It's neither fetishistic, nor exclusively material for a joke, nor still does he make his gay relationships inevitably and excessively tragic. Which puts him in extremely rare company. Like, 'I can't think of a single example off the top of my head' rare.

I'm watching you Hussie don't let me down.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Fagtastic posted:

I'm watching you Hussie don't let me down.

We should really put a betting pool together of all the theories that have been posited.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I wonder how long it will go between the inevitable breakup and the inevitable ChibiSoma post parody. :haw:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Crain posted:

The biggest problem for Dirk is that, as another poster pointed out, he has experience dealing with exactly 5, maybe 6 people. Jane, Roxey, Jake, Caliborn, and The Condense. And I say maybe 6 because I don't remember if he ever interacted with Calliope. Even then, those interactions were, up until very recently, purely in text format. That's not a relationship. You don't learn how to pick up on nonverbal cues. Hell you don't even learn how to pick up on most verbal cues. He's probably never heard what sarcasm even sounds like.

His "interactions" were also mostly one-way, since in text he could get away with acting aloof and reserved and no one could do anything about it. Now that he's actually invested in a relationship he's forced to open himself up a little, and he has no idea how to work the pressure controls on his Emotions so it's like twisting the nozzle of a fire hydrant and getting blasted across the street by a spray of unfiltered Dirk.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

It doesn't help that Dirk is related to both Rose and Dave, who are similarly known for their issues with trust and keeping their feelings behind a facade, and those two actually had the benefit of comparatively normal childhoods and interactions with others. (Comparatively to being the last of humanity in an evil alien waterworld, for certain.)

For Dirk and Roxy, who didn't have the buffer of getting to really interact with others at all, it's obvious where their deep-seated issues with dealing with people and loneliness were cranked up to 11. Dirk's irony barrier is hefty enough to where even he might have no idea where his real self is. (Meanwhile, Roxy coped in the exact opposite manner, by letting her filter completely turn off, which is generally a little more endearing and maybe a little healthier, except for the drinking part.)

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Also, it's a pretty minor thing, and there's not much supporting evidence beyond the tattoos and a few lines of dialogue in this phone chat, but Dirk seems pretty obsessive with SBaHJ.

I could see how a relationship could strain if this was a continuous thing. Could be endearing at first, then become rapidly annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Gutsy
May 6, 2012

You love having a dead sister. Having a dead sister is an experience you would highly recommend to everybody.
Hey, it could be a good lesson for some of the more... devoted Homestuck fans.

("Let me tell you about Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.")