Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

apple posted:

Don't forget SFxT2013, PSA and Injustice :unsmigghh:
Those can be some fun side tournaments or show openers, but definitely not the big money games.

What about DOA5? Last I heard it didn't suck as much as previous installments.

Liar Lyre fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Liar Lyre posted:

Those can be some fun side tournaments or show openers, but definitely not the big money games.

Yeah, it's not like Capcom would want a game they are activley supporting to be at EVO. Isn't that what happened already? I would be surprised if SFxT 2013 wasn't there.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
You're aware that Capcom doesn't run Evo, right?

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Brosnan posted:

Sony has all but grabbed Evo by the balls, so not seeing PSA would be a surprise, honestly!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

apple posted:

Sony has all but grabbed Evo by the balls, so not seeing PSA would be a surprise, honestly!

I think S-kill was pushing PSA to be a evo game for a while now after reading some interviews with him about the game.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Ahahahahahahaha everybody forgot about Skullgirls.

:smith:

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
I give Injustice a better chance of making it because it has a shot at being a decent game and/or interesting for spectators, the ship has pretty much sailed on the first version of PSAS.

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

And nobody mentioned +R even as a joke :(

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
Mr. Wizard already said Sfxt will not be returning.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

The patch was a dollar short and many, MANY days late; but if the PC version still happens I think a solid community will spring up. Seriously, people are still playing SFxT PC.

I say "if" because I'm pretty sure it's a one-man team in charge of the port

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.
If KOF XIII doesn't come back, I may as well not bother watching. Nothing else is as fun to watch as that game.

edit: I still find it really weird that Skullgirls didn't release on PC before console. Indie games on console never have legs after the first week, ever. If they went for Steam first, we'd be getting patches on time as well as all their planned DLC characters :smith:

Bovineicide fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 28, 2012

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Mio Bison posted:

And nobody mentioned +R even as a joke :(

I love myself some Guilty Gear, but not even a general time period for the release of the +R Patch has been given out. Plus, the console port of AC+ most likely didn't get enough new people into the scene to warrant it being an EVO game once again.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They're not gonna run two Atlus games or two NRS games, so they'll probably end up picking Persona and Injustice respectively. Ideally they'd give VF/KOF another run, but I'm not optimistic.

Brosnan posted:

Do you really think there's a bigger determining factor than money? I sure as hell don't.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Do you really think there's a bigger determining factor than money? I sure as hell don't.

C'mon, that's a pretty cliché response. MrWizard is batshit and his motivations at any given moment range from money to personal taste to egomania to a game's popularity to the current weather conditions. He pretty openly talked poo poo about SFxT but gave it a shot anyway since it was obviously going to be a popularly played title (even if not a well-liked one), although it was such a bad game that it was relegated to 2v2 gimmicks just to try to make it interesting. Sony Smash has a better shot than SFxT if only because there are a couple of strong community ties there (Seth and Clock), and they're probably hoping to get at least a little traction with the fighting game scene to save it from abysmal sales, so they're gonna be bringing it to streamed weeklies and trying to get people into it.

Maybe the patch and whatever other changes will make SFxT a little less dogshit, but usually the Evo lineup is announced so far in advance that it might not end up mattering.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I spent a little bit playing Playstation Allstars today. While I think the 4 player modes(ffa and 2v2) need some balancing I find the 1v1 to be pretty solid and entertaining. I'm not sure if they would want 1v1 for EVO but I would rather see that over SfxT.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Brosnan posted:

I would be down with that list, although I'm not confident that KoF13 will make a return appearance. Would be awesome if it did, though.

IMO KoF is a lock. Other than AE, it has easily the most competition internationally and I feel like that's a big thing they want at EVO. Persona is probably the game on my list I'm least certain about, but I feel like MvC3/SF4/KoF/Tekken are locks.

E: Speaking of PSA, isn't it gonna be at Wednesday Night Fights tonight? That's gonna be a fun trainwreck to witness.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

IMO KoF is a lock. Other than AE, it has easily the most competition internationally and I feel like that's a big thing they want at EVO. Persona is probably the game on my list I'm least certain about, but I feel like MvC3/SF4/KoF/Tekken are locks.

E: Speaking of PSA, isn't it gonna be at Wednesday Night Fights tonight? That's gonna be a fun trainwreck to witness.

It was at WNF last week also.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Jmcrofts posted:

It's probably going to be at WNF for awhile because Valle's testing it there before SCR.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PonchAxis posted:

It was at WNF last week also.

I didn't see it, how'd it go?

Antillese
Feb 16, 2006

Yaya posted:

I think I recall Mr. Wizard saying only 4 games would be run this year. If this is the case, the line-up would most likely be:

UMvC3
SSF4:AE
KoF13
TTT2

Edit: If my memory sucks and there are more than 4 games, the 5th one will probably be Persona.

It seems very probable that there won't be an Arc game if there are only four games being played officially. P4A came out at kind of a weird time with respect to Evo 2013 and BB:CP isn't even announced for consoles yet. I suspect that it will fall into the same autumn 2013 release window that P4A did this year.

And though it's probably an unpopular opinion, I really enjoyed watching the SCV tournament at Evo. Tekken's parade of characters just doesn't do it for me. I am indeed very aware that it's in no way going to come back for 2013, but my soul still :supaburn:s!

Edit: And though it's tangentially related, no DoA5 at Evo since Team Ninja granted exclusivity to the IGN Pro League. :shrug:

Antillese fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 29, 2012

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

I didn't see it, how'd it go?

I think it went alright actually. They may need to put a timer down because there was a few matches that went on forever.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Liar Lyre posted:

DOA5 owns hard, y'all should buy + play it.

Shingin
Apr 14, 2005

Not the Red Comet

PonchAxis posted:

I think it went alright actually. They may need to put a timer down because there was a few matches that went on forever.

This week we are doing 2v2, items on, kill count 5(?), stage hazards off(?) for allstars.

I want to do time limit but then people will get 2-3 kills and then run away all day.

Shingin fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Nov 29, 2012

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Jmcrofts posted:

IMO KoF is a lock. Other than AE, it has easily the most competition internationally and I feel like that's a big thing they want at EVO.
In the ballroom, KoF was pretty close to UMvC3 hype levels I felt. There's no way it's not back in my mind. My guess is that Evo's only going with SF4, UMvC3, KoF, and TTT2.

Wizard tweeted that the Evo 2013 trailer will be shown this weekend during NEC, so it won't be too long until the details are out.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Shingin posted:

This week we are doing 2v2, items on, kill count 5(?), stage hazards off(?) for allstars.

I want to do time limit but then people will get 2-3 kills and then run away all day.

I think it should be a 3 kill count then but yeah I don't know.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iPodschun posted:

In the ballroom, KoF was pretty close to UMvC3 hype levels I felt. There's no way it's not back in my mind. My guess is that Evo's only going with SF4, UMvC3, KoF, and TTT2.

Agreed, other than grand finals which was kind of a blowup, KoF top 8 was incredible and everyone was losing their poo poo.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
When does WNF actually happen?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mango sentinel posted:

When does WNF actually happen?

Usually around 11 EST I think.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Without KOF, the genre is pretty much dead to me.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Jmcrofts posted:

Agreed, other than grand finals which was kind of a blowup, KoF top 8 was incredible and everyone was losing their poo poo.
It was great when Bala gave in to the crowd and picked Clark, though. I was 2/3 way back and there was me+a few others yelling for Clark.

edit: Just remembered that VF5 top 3 and an Injustice demo were on stage on Sunday. I think PSAS (Maj worked on it too) and Injustice top 3-4 will get that treatment next year.

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Nov 29, 2012

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

Jmcrofts posted:

i honestly thought grand finals was amazing, watching unstoppable awesome man bala being legitimately flustered and confused was a fun new experience especially after being tangentially around the socal kof scene for a while

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I haven't watched much KoF but the finals at evo were legitimately the hypest thing I have ever seen in my life.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
I thought mk had a pretty solid following still. I don't get why but I thought it did.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I thought mk had a pretty solid following still. I don't get why but I thought it did.

It does, but the expectation is that NRS will stop supporting MK once Injustice is out, which will give EVO and others an excuse to finally drop it. The playerbase between the two game will probably be 90% identical anyway.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I'd be really OK if they dropped Marvel for pretty much anything. It has so long eclipsed its halflife of being interesting or fun to watch that I would rather watch SC5 or DOA5.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
I've enjoyed watching Melty Blood when it was included in EVO2K10. Shame that it won't ever happen again.

But hey, at least it'll be featured in NECXIII

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it would be way better if they dropped the biggest game in the FGC for two other games that have literally never been exciting to watch.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Drop all the games and put in WWE '13.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

flatluigi posted:

Drop all the games and put in WWE '13.

Yeah just do that, make CAWs of all the important FG characters, and then nobody has to worry about learning different systems anymore.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

flatluigi posted:

Drop all the games and put in WWE '13 WWE All-Stars.

The Mad Catz booth could empty out their stock of Brawl Sticks in one weekend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

AndyElusive posted:

The Mad Catz booth could empty out their stock of Brawl Sticks in one weekend!
I still love to look at Triple H's face and yell "HUNTER!" :stare:

• Locked thread