Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Oh man, awesome. Wasn't expecting that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Thirty-Five Minutes posted:

I've enjoyed a lot of this thread's recommendations, so I thought I'd give one in return!

Horimiya is a series about a popular girl who's secretly kind of housewifely, and a nerdy-looking boy who's secretly outgoing. Six chapters have been translated so far.

http://mangafox.me/manga/horimiya/

It's one of the most :3: series I've read in a while, and both the characters are really endearing.

This is a really cute series. :3: Too bad there's only 6 chapters out right now.

Bonnouji is still nice as well.

Mura
Feb 3, 2008
If you're not reading Hibi Chouchou, then you're really missing out.

It's probably my favorite series right now.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Hourou Musuko! Yeah!

Can someone refresh my memory on where this father character originally entered the story? It feels like it just happened suddenly a handful of chapters ago and I can't recall what "reason" was. Simply a new character suddenly thrown into the mix without an intro?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Hourou Musuko! Yeah!

Can someone refresh my memory on where this father character originally entered the story? It feels like it just happened suddenly a handful of chapters ago and I can't recall what "reason" was. Simply a new character suddenly thrown into the mix without an intro?

That character showed up for the first time when Shuu was being interviewed by that girl.

coathat
May 21, 2007

New Bonnouji yall.

A volume of one shots by the Taiyou no Ie mangaka http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Shoujo-no-Melancholy. Not her best work but some good stuff in there.

And as a heads up Rose of Versailles is one volume away from being completely scanlated!!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
How is Bonnouji so consistently god drat good?!

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Captain Invictus posted:

Treats anime characters like adults. Foreign concepts.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Hourou Musuko 115

I like this couple, I really do. Stay strong, young'uns. Chiba brings up what a lot of us have been speculating regarding Yoshino, but we'll just have to see I guess. She at least seems to enjoy modeling. And something big could be coming up for Makoto too, depending on how this heart-to-heart goes.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Hourou Musuko 115

I like this couple, I really do. Stay strong, young'uns. Chiba brings up what a lot of us have been speculating regarding Yoshino, but we'll just have to see I guess. She at least seems to enjoy modeling. And something big could be coming up for Makoto too, depending on how this heart-to-heart goes.

That was adorable, and confusing, and :ohdear: and everything else that Wandering Son generally is.

So is this: Aoi Hana ch: 47. And let me just say that as happy as I am that it'll be available in legal format for my to buy and read, the wait for the next chapter is going to be practically unbearable.

E: I totally forgot to mention that Aoi Hana should be on jmanga on Nov. 29th!

a kitten fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Nov 17, 2012

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Well there's raws out for 48 so it's entirely possible someone else picks it up.

Also I sincerely hope Aoi Hana is going to end pretty soon and she doesn't drag things out forever like she does with HM :argh: (I love it but gosh she goes slower than an iceberg at times).

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

New Kimi ni Todoke 74
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/142580/kimi-ni-todoke_ch74_by_s2scans
:3:

And I just learned there's an AnoHana movie coming out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sMH1gUWUyU

ANN posted:

The official website of the anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day anime announced on Sunday that a film will open in Japan next summer. The film will retell the anohana story from Menma's point of view. The announcement was first made at Sunday's anohana event.

e: I guess I don't really know if that goes here or not, just didn't know where else to put it. :shrug:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 23, 2012

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 35

Some pretty funny details in the background of some of the panels.

coathat
May 21, 2007

The new Kimi ni Todoke was real good! Can't wait for more girl talk!

Tonari was great as always. I really hope that the manga gets licensed soon. Also a second season because we need Iyo animated.

Orange is pretty good. Check it out. http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/orange-r4149

The spring she turns sixteen, Takamiya Naho receives a strange, but detailed letter from herself, ten years in the future. At first she thinks the letter is a prank, but then the things written in the letter actually happen, including the arrival of the new transfer student who sits next to her in class, Naruse Kakeru. The letter reads just like her diary entries, down to the same characters. It is not until two weeks later, when Kakeru shows back up at school, that Naho finishes the letter. In the letter, her twenty-seven year old self tells her sixteen-year old self that her biggest regret is that Kakeru is no longer with them in the future, and asks her to watch him closely.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I've just found a promising new (-ly scanlated) shoujo manga titled Ore Monogatari. It's about this big and tough bully-looking (bara material) student thinking the new girl he fancies actually likes his friend, who was always popular with girls. I like it because it focuses on the handsome guy's less-handsome friend, something I have never seen before. Sadly there's only three chapters so far.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
My wife and I randomly watch anime that we can legally get to online. We have loved a few things people here have mentioned - Kimi no Todoke, Toradora, Love Com, etc.

We recently finished and loved one that I haven't seen anyone mention, though - B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First Time. Despite it being more risqué than some other anime we though it was great. Check it out.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Aoi Hana volume 1 is up on Jmanga today, they're having a drawing for a bunch of swag too.

E:
While the translation seems good and I love being able to have an official copy that I can read--the translator really, really needs to lay off of doing this~~~~~~~ for no readily apparent reason.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 30, 2012

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Skychrono posted:

We recently finished and loved one that I haven't seen anyone mention, though - B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First Time.

Seconding this. Also you should continue to read the ending in the manga.

coathat
May 21, 2007

toanoradian posted:

I've just found a promising new (-ly scanlated) shoujo manga titled Ore Monogatari. It's about this big and tough bully-looking (bara material) student thinking the new girl he fancies actually likes his friend, who was always popular with girls. I like it because it focuses on the handsome guy's less-handsome friend, something I have never seen before. Sadly there's only three chapters so far.

Yeah it's pretty fresh, although it does remind me of something I can't really place. Which is weird because I haven't read anything by the author or artist before.
It's only really one chapter out right now, the scanlator just released it in three chunks. Here's to hoping more chapters come sooner rather than later.

Volume 10 of Kuragehime is finally translated. Sadly the afterword isn't nearly as great as the last couple ones. Next volume is coming in February or March.

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!

toanoradian posted:

I'm really liking this one so far. It's rare to see a love story with a guy looking like that, and it makes his insecurities feel justifiable and real.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

coathat posted:

Yeah it's pretty fresh, although it does remind me of something I can't really place. Which is weird because I haven't read anything by the author or artist before.
It's only really one chapter out right now, the scanlator just released it in three chunks. Here's to hoping more chapters come sooner rather than later.

I haven't read it, but to me the premise sounds like Angel Densetsu.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

toanoradian posted:

Seconding this. Also you should continue to read the ending in the manga.
Not sure why I ignored this series before, it's pretty good.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Chapter 39 of My Girl is out. Things are getting more depressing. :smith:

At least Koharu had her friends to cheer her up though. :unsmith:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, what is it, 44 chapters? It would suck to get a downer ending with that series.

bobomb
Jul 22, 2005

Undisputed
Moe Master

Captain Invictus posted:

I just started reading Bonnouji, and I couldn't agree more! It's a refreshing breath of fresh air.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

toanoradian posted:

I really like the main character in this. Thanks for linking it.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Shonen Jump Alpha just started running Nisekoi but they started fifty chapters in... how is it? It seems like a cross between Love Hina and Ranma from the preview.

And thanks for the recommendation on the B Gata manga before, it's great so far. Is there anything else out there like it?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Chihayafuru season two premiers on January 11:neckbeard: original cast and staff confirmed!

quote:

The official website for Chihayafuru 2 updated with the sequel's premiere date on Friday. The second season of the karuta-focused series will premiere on January 11.

Yuki Suetsugu's original manga follows a schoolgirl competing in the Japanese card game of karuta. Chihaya enters her second year of high school in Chihayafuru 2.

The original cast and staff are returning for the second season along with additional cast members Miyu Irino and Megumi Han.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Skychrono posted:

Shonen Jump Alpha just started running Nisekoi but they started fifty chapters in... how is it? It seems like a cross between Love Hina and Ranma from the preview.

Eh. Main "story" love interest is a mega tsundere, the plot keeps blueballing on the mcguffin, the childhood crush is the best character by far, and it's just a lot of filler.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Yeah, Nisekoi isn't that great in terms of romance. I especially hate just how manipulative the cliffhangers could be. On the other hand, I really love the art.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

a kitten posted:

Chihayafuru season two premiers on January 11:neckbeard: original cast and staff confirmed!

Yesssss. I've been looking forward to this so much.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Skychrono posted:

Vaguely standard gag harem series, I enjoy it. As usual for that kind of series, the side characters are the best parts. Mostly I'm just happy the creator of Double Arts is getting work.

coathat
May 21, 2007

I've been reading Gakuen Babysitters and it's cute as all get out, pretty funny too. Jump on it.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
My Girl chapter 40

I just want everyone in this manga to have happy endings.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

quote:

Hello,

Congratulations! You just won a Sweet Blue Flowers gift pack!!

Thank you for participating in our "Sweet Blue Flowers Contest".

*Anyone who purchased "Sweet Blue Flowers" vol. 1 between 11/29/2012 and 12/5/2012 was automatically entered into this special drawing for rare Sweet Blue Flowers' merchandise straight from Japan.

All this really proves to me is that hardly anyone is actually using their site. I don't care though, yay stuff! :neckbeard:

They have another series by Shimura up too called The Devil Is So Cute; which I don't know anything about other than it doesn't look much like either Aoi Hana or Wandering Son. It's listed as shoujo, no idea if it's romance at all or what.

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010

a kitten posted:

All this really proves to me is that hardly anyone is actually using their site. I don't care though, yay stuff! :neckbeard:

They have another series by Shimura up too called The Devil Is So Cute; which I don't know anything about other than it doesn't look much like either Aoi Hana or Wandering Son. It's listed as shoujo, no idea if it's romance at all or what.

It's a collection of a bunch of shorter stories she's done, don't think any of them have been translated unofficially. I think the main story in it is a series that got canceled after a few chapters in a seinen magazine.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Here's some magazine list of its top ten female oriented manga for the year. Makes me sad because so many of the series look cool and I'll probably never get to read them.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-12-10/top-manga-ranked-by-kono-manga-ga-sugoi-2013-voters

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
http://www.mangareader.net/my-girl-sahara-mizu/42

My Girl 42's out, only a couple more to go I believe. We seem to be headed for a happy ending after all. I'm so glad! This chapter was really adorable and heartwarming.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Captain Invictus posted:

http://www.mangareader.net/my-girl-sahara-mizu/42

My Girl 42's out, only a couple more to go I believe. We seem to be headed for a happy ending after all. I'm so glad! This chapter was really adorable and heartwarming.

Haha, page 8 was great. Wasn't expecting Kazama to get punched in the gut.

This whole chapter was pretty great, actually. The part where the policeman agrees to help Koharu was just pure :3:

I'll be sad to see this series go, but it's been a nice experience reading it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Does anyone know what's up with the recent slew of Harry Potter doujinshis (shonen ai or otherwise) being uploaded? I don't think this has ever happened before. I didn't even know there are doujinshis of Harry Potter.

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 14, 2012