Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Anyone know where I can find a trainer (I think thats what its called) for GTA IV? I found a couple searching Google but the one I had from here was much more in depth and had a LOT of options to mess around with. Does that ring a bell for anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
That would be "Simple Native" - http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/gta-iv/script-mods/2115

And to load the trainer you just need http://www.hazardx.com/details.php?file=84

Unzip and throw those files into your GTA4 folder.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench posted:

Did anyone ever make a mod for GTAIV that makes all pedestrians hate/attack you including cars trying to ram you nonstop? That was one of my favorite cheats from GTA:SA and from Saints Row 2.
There's something like that. It's called the Ambient Wars mod. Doesn't turn all pedestrians into assholes, though.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 17, 2012

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Cage posted:

That would be "Simple Native" - http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/gta-iv/script-mods/2115

And to load the trainer you just need http://www.hazardx.com/details.php?file=84

Unzip and throw those files into your GTA4 folder.

That's it! Thanks a lot!

Dave Mustard
Jan 23, 2007
Let me introduce myself, I'm a social disease.
If I got EFLC from steam, how do I downgrade my EFLC from 1.0.3.0 to a moddable version

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I was under the impression that the versions beyond 1.0.3.0 are moddable.

EDIT: It seems to me, that there is only one version of EFLC. The vanilla game, however, has several versions with 1.0.7.0 being the last moddable version.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 17, 2012

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I'm trying the First Response mod, I haven't even arrested anyone yet but it's all setup.

I'm trying to get the ELS setup. It's installed but I have to download an ELS equipped car?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
For everyone wondering why GTA:VC is currently off of Steam: it's due to music licensing issues apparently.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Release date for Vice City Mobile:

quote:

Rockstar has announced a 6th December release date for its Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 10th Anniversary Edition.

The iOS and Android version will cost $4.99 (about £3.10) and follows a similar mobile edition of Grand Theft Auto 3 last year.

A new post on the Rockstar blog details a number of graphical tweaks set to be included. The developer has updated character models and lighting effects, added new and more precise firing and targeting options, a fully customisable control layout and native support for Retina display devices.

Vice City's 10th Anniversary Edition will be compatible with iPhone 4 and above, iPad and a long list of Android phones and tablets. See below for the full selection.

Apple iOS Devices: iPad, iPhone 4, 4S & 5, iPod touch 4th & 5th Generation

Android Phones: Motorola Razr, Razr Maxx, Razr Maxx HD, Motorola Atrix, Motorola Photon, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Rezound, HTC One X, HTC One S, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Sensation, HTC Droid Incredible 2, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy Note 1 & 2, Samsung S2, Samsung Galaxy R, Sony Xperia Play, Sony Xperia S, P, T & TL, Sony Walkman Z Series Media Player, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Google Nexus 4

Android Tablets: Acer Iconia, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime, LG Optimus Pad, Medion Lifetab, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 / 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Sony Tablet S, Sony Tablet P, Toshiba Thrive, HTC Flyer, Google Nexus 7, Google Nexus 10

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

I'm having a problem with my Steam version of San Andreas that I downgraded to v1.1. I finish the mission Drive-Thru at the beginning, and then answer the phone call from Sweet about the gym. When the screen cuts to the gym for the tutorial, the screen goes black and stops responding. Anyone else have this problem?

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
GTAVC coming to Android and IOS December 6th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4II0LikDKg

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Himuro posted:

GTAVC coming to Android and IOS December 6th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4II0LikDKg

It's a great ad but I just can't get over the graphics, and have no interest playing games on my phone. I'd pay $30 for a pc release that someone went back and redid all the textures and models in. I'm not saying they have to port everything to rage/euphoria, just replace the cars with better models like we all did manually with mods. Modern computers can handle that same engine with a lot more stuff thrown in I imagine.

I like that GTA4 and 5 are using the same general areas as 3 and San Andreas, but I don't just want Rockstar to keep essentially remaking the same 3 games. I want them to literally remake the same 3 games too :)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Looks fine to me for it's age.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Zedd posted:

Looks fine to me for it's age.

Yeah I can understand not wanting to play on a touchscreen, but complaining about the graphics? It's Vice City!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

marktheando posted:

Yeah I can understand not wanting to play on a touchscreen, but complaining about the graphics? It's Vice City!

Well that's what I'm saying, of course it looks as good as it ever did, just like Super Mario Brothers looks as good as it ever did. I'm just saying that if there were a market for it, they could make some money updating the graphics while keeping everything else the same. It's no different than companies releasing Street Fighter 2 with the redone animations. I really liked that Bionic Command rearmed, and that was something they completely redid the graphics in a 3D engine, but kept the gameplay the exact same so it still felt 2D. This rerelease is good for people who never played the originals, but how many people have GTA3 and Vice City for consoles or PC and don't see a need to repay for the same game but on a system you have to keep poking the screen? I'd be interested to know if a lot of people would rebuy the game on pc/consoles if they did nothing at all but update the graphics. The problem a lot of old 8 and 16 bit games have is even with updated graphics the gameplay or story mode aren't really deep enough to charge more than $10 for in today's competitive market, but I'd say the GTA ga

I'm old now. I have a dangerous mix of disposable income and nostalgia. Farm it out to a third party and take my money!

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
See something wrong in this picture?

Maybe it's mission replay!

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Holy poo poo. You're right.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What's wrong, his clothes?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

crazysim posted:

Is it He's wearing a leisure suit which you unlock later in the game which would therefore mean it's possible to replay missions?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
If GTA V doesn't have mission replay like in BoGT, I will quit this series forever and who am I kidding I'd preorder VI if it was available.

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

Coffee And Pie posted:

If GTA V doesn't have mission replay like in BoGT, I will quit this series forever and who am I kidding I'd preorder VI if it was available.

Chinatown Wars and TBoGT have had mission replay so far. It would seem it's a feature they've started with Chinatown Wars and included in TBoGT.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

What's wrong, his clothes?

They took Lance Vance out of the helicopter!!

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

crazysim posted:

I wouldn't read too much into this, San Andreas and IV both had trailers with characters wearing outfits they shouldn't be able to be.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Sapient Afro posted:

I wouldn't read too much into this, San Andreas and IV both had trailers with characters wearing outfits they shouldn't be able to be.

That's true but that's because they were still in development. Not in a trailer this close to release and of a game that was already released with the art "finalized", I think.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Sapient Afro posted:

Are you joking? Vice City is 10 years old. You get that suit on like the third mission of the game. I don't see any reason for them to replace game assets for a trailer of a game having its 10th anniversary celebration.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

They always do weird things like that in the trailers. Put me on the side of people who don't think there will be mission replay.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
They didn't bother with it in the port of GTA3 so I wouldn't get any hopes up for it this time around!

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Besides, that's not even a "mission," that's part of the opening cut scene of the game. If you're going to start conspiracy theorizin', at least go with New Game +.

Dave Mustard
Jan 23, 2007
Let me introduce myself, I'm a social disease.

davebo posted:

Well that's what I'm saying, of course it looks as good as it ever did, just like Super Mario Brothers looks as good as it ever did. I'm just saying that if there were a market for it, they could make some money updating the graphics while keeping everything else the same. It's no different than companies releasing Street Fighter 2 with the redone animations. I really liked that Bionic Command rearmed, and that was something they completely redid the graphics in a 3D engine, but kept the gameplay the exact same so it still felt 2D. This rerelease is good for people who never played the originals, but how many people have GTA3 and Vice City for consoles or PC and don't see a need to repay for the same game but on a system you have to keep poking the screen? I'd be interested to know if a lot of people would rebuy the game on pc/consoles if they did nothing at all but update the graphics. The problem a lot of old 8 and 16 bit games have is even with updated graphics the gameplay or story mode aren't really deep enough to charge more than $10 for in today's competitive market, but I'd say the GTA ga

I'm old now. I have a dangerous mix of disposable income and nostalgia. Farm it out to a third party and take my money!

Yeah, of course there is a market, I already posted about it. The original pc releases of Vice City and what not are not compatible with many modern controllers with analog triggers and what not or require a retarded amount of fiddling around to get them to work. If they re-released Vice City with these updates they've done and basic 360 controller support to something I actually own and would want to play games on (my PC) at a reasonable price $35-$25, then i'd buy that poo poo in a heartbeat.

Will they do it? Sadly probably not.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
How did iOS auto 3 play anyways? The controls felt off on a touchscreen and it was all around weird. That being said I've only played a grand total of 5 minutes on a friends iPhone playing it. Do you eventually figure it out?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Avocados posted:

How did iOS auto 3 play anyways? The controls felt off on a touchscreen and it was all around weird. That being said I've only played a grand total of 5 minutes on a friends iPhone playing it. Do you eventually figure it out?

Driving and running around was fine, but shooting basically required 3-4 thumbs (one to move, one to aim, one for the camera and another for the shoot button) so it was pretty annoying. I never played it enough to get used to it, but I'm sure some people did just fine.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Dave Mustard posted:

Yeah, of course there is a market, I already posted about it. The original pc releases of Vice City and what not are not compatible with many modern controllers with analog triggers and what not or require a retarded amount of fiddling around to get them to work. If they re-released Vice City with these updates they've done and basic 360 controller support to something I actually own and would want to play games on (my PC) at a reasonable price $35-$25, then i'd buy that poo poo in a heartbeat.

Will they do it? Sadly probably not.

How popular is playing PC games with a controller, anyway. I know about it, and a lot of people here do it, but SA obviously isn't really indicative of the entire game-playing public.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Avocados posted:

I thought the controls were about as good as you can expect being on a touchscreen. It was okay until you got into some of the gunfights, where it just becomes frustrating.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

Avocados posted:

I played the poo poo out of it. Somehow, I made it through all the missions with only dieing like a lifetime of 5 or 6 times. No idea how I pulled that off because the aiming was always hosed up, I think I adapted and used a car alot and was more concerned with gaining cover first.

I used the analog to drive for a while, but after 4 or 5 missions went to the D-pad steering. It was more predictable.

e: Also, thanks to that trailer I am now looking up Wave 103 songs.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

IV and LatD had mission replay as well. The problem was that IV never used checkpoints. LatD actually had checkpoints, but I died in that game way less than I did in Ballad, so I only know of a couple of missions that have them.

You know what the thing about mission checkpoints in GTA IV that really bugs me? Why I don't think they're present. If you play Ballad, you'll fine one little quirk with the checkpoint system. The checkpoints will always bring you back to the time when you started the mission. So, you can have a mission that began at 8 AM, took eight in game hours, but if you have to bounce back to a checkpoint towards the end of the mission, it will go back to being 8 AM. I really wonder if they didn't have checkpoints in GTA IV because of that little quirk, and then just decided it was worth the trade-off of immersion when it came for the DLC.

I really hope that GTA V just goes to a reload screen if you gently caress something up, get busted, or die in a mission. Hell, I'm okay with them eliminating the whole tradition of spawning outside of a hospital or police station if you're wasted or busted since autosave ruined any sort of gameplay value those things ever had.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Wait. IV had them? Pretty sure it didn't unless I missed a patch that did have them.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Oh, dang. Misunderstood what he was talking about. Thought he meant retrying missions.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Shindragon posted:

Wait. IV had them? Pretty sure it didn't unless I missed a patch that did have them.

It would pop up your phone after you fail a mission asking if you would like to replay it. The episodes only added mid-mission checkpoints.

edit: oooohhh, he meant playing a mission after you beat it. I didn't even realize BoGT added that.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So, GTA4 modding question...

I installed the iCEnhancer mod thing to make everything look super good, but am realizing I don't really NEED it installed, and the older version of Rockstar Social Club is kind of annoying since it runs. All the time. What is the quickest and easiest way to reset GTA4 back to normal without losing my save? I've been playing for about 19 hours and don't want to lose it.

And another modding question, are there any mods that deal with car handling? I know the handling debate took place a couple pages back, but any links would be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

bagmonkey posted:

So, GTA4 modding question...

I installed the iCEnhancer mod thing to make everything look super good, but am realizing I don't really NEED it installed, and the older version of Rockstar Social Club is kind of annoying since it runs. All the time. What is the quickest and easiest way to reset GTA4 back to normal without losing my save? I've been playing for about 19 hours and don't want to lose it.

And another modding question, are there any mods that deal with car handling? I know the handling debate took place a couple pages back, but any links would be cool.

Just reinstall the game and emptythe folder, this won't remove your saves.

• Locked thread