Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Thanks Lamb for the card! Man I've gotten something like 4 cards in 2 weeks! More Goon Mail than I would have ever imagined!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you Jimmy da Fish for the awesome postcard. I decided to hang it up on the fridge for the meantime before I add it to the rest of my goonmail.

I'm hoping to send out 50 cards for christmas. Yup! Fifty! My hands are going to be sore from writing so much, so I hope people don't mind if the cards aren't too personal as I will probably run out of things to write. I just want to send out to as many people as I can, and since I have a job now I will most definitely be able to afford it. I'm definitely going to need to order some return labels for such an endeavour. I think it'll give me that much more of an appreciation for those of you who already send out mass bunches of mail each time (not that I don't already appreciate it immensely!).

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I got my first Christmas card yesterday from PezMaster! The card was so cute, and you can tell your husband and student that they're wonderful artists :3:. Now I am in full swing Christmas spirit, yay! Thank you!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I have dozens of Christmas cards to send out, but no stamps. :ohdearsass:

satiat
Sep 17, 2009
Making mine while bored over the holidays. I love this mess.

Moyer
10124 Windburn Trail
Converse, Texas

I love getting snail mail, snail mail buddies are awesome.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
Blazek
12901 Grenade Lane
Spotsylvania, VA 22551

I have done this before and loved the results.

novak
Aug 8, 2006

Turnin' on the screw
nvm

novak fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Nov 24, 2012

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
Next to Valentine's Day, Christmas is my favorite holiday so I love sending and receiving cards!

Shoozy Kopp
702 W Gordon Ter.
Chicago, IL 60613

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Hey guys! So, I feel kinda shameless asking this, but I'm gonna go right on ahead and say it anyways! I would love to have some congratulatory goonlove to post around my desk now that I've successfully lost 30lbs. I started trying to lose weight about three and a half months ago now, and have stuck to it so religiously that I've managed to reach my halfway point right on track. 15 weeks, 30 pounds, one retardedly happy goon.

I still have a little way to go, but I'm well over the halfway mark! So, if you're thinking of sending me Christmas mail this year, feel free to tell me how not-fat I am now. :dance:

I'm sending out some goonmas cheer as well, and as always I'll reply to everything I receive.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Hey guys! So, I feel kinda shameless asking this, but I'm gonna go right on ahead and say it anyways! I would love to have some congratulatory goonlove to post around my desk now that I've successfully lost 30lbs. I started trying to lose weight about three and a half months ago now, and have stuck to it so religiously that I've managed to reach my halfway point right on track. 15 weeks, 30 pounds, one retardedly happy goon.

I still have a little way to go, but I'm well over the halfway mark! So, if you're thinking of sending me Christmas mail this year, feel free to tell me how not-fat I am now. :dance:

I'm sending out some goonmas cheer as well, and as always I'll reply to everything I receive.

Thats fantastic, Thermo! Did you have a fitness log here on SA? I just started that journey myself!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

cuntvalet posted:

Thats fantastic, Thermo! Did you have a fitness log here on SA? I just started that journey myself!

I was wondering this as well!! (Thinking about starting this process myself :ohdear:)

Abby Normal
Oct 3, 2003

Is it bad that I enjoy Goon Holiday Mail so much more than sending things to my actual friends and family? Those jerks hardly ever send anything back.

Abby Normal
5525 N. Winthrop Ave. Apt. 519
Chicago, IL 60611
USA

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Are postcards alright, or is that gauche for some reason? I don't have a ton of spare money for cards and postage and whatnot, but I'd like to make some goons happy and at the same time I have just under 1000 postcards I got printed up for work/marketing purposes and would be glad to get rid of some of them. I'll totally holiday them up with my own *expert drawing abilities* (note: these may not be great abilities) but I wanted to see if people here would just be disappointed or think it in poor taste to receive a postcard with my face plastered across the front of it, or if you're all of the "more the merrier" camp regardless. What do you think?

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

blinkeve1826 posted:

Are postcards alright, or is that gauche for some reason? I don't have a ton of spare money for cards and postage and whatnot, but I'd like to make some goons happy and at the same time I have just under 1000 postcards I got printed up for work/marketing purposes and would be glad to get rid of some of them. I'll totally holiday them up with my own *expert drawing abilities* (note: these may not be great abilities) but I wanted to see if people here would just be disappointed or think it in poor taste to receive a postcard with my face plastered across the front of it, or if you're all of the "more the merrier" camp regardless. What do you think?

Postcards are always fantastic! A few of us (such as myself) collect postcards, and all of us obviously love mail, so I don't think you'll get any complaints. :)

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Niemat posted:

Postcards are always fantastic! A few of us (such as myself) collect postcards, and all of us obviously love mail, so I don't think you'll get any complaints. :)

Okay, great! Then I'm gonna get started right now! Yay!!

And my address, for those who are so inclined:

Melanie
1449 Broadway, Apt. #1B
Hewlett, NY 11557

I LOVE bunnies! I have two dwarf bunnies named Fluffy and Pia and they're adorable. Feel free to send them a card, though be forewarned that they will most likely show their appreciation by eating it. I also like anything Korean (I lived there for a while and speak it decently enough) and would love to get anything in Korean! That would actually be really awesome if you happen to know Korean. For the holidays, please note that I am Jewish and therefore celebrate Chanukah!

Otherwise, anything I may get would make my day! Don't hold back!

Edit: Feel free to address mail to Seymour Butts because I think it would be funny to get mail addressed to Seymour Butts. Also I am five years old.

Edit 2: My birthday is May 21st!

blinkeve1826 fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 25, 2012

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I send postcards out now and then. Sometimes I get them while traveling, or I just feel like sending them between holidays. I have tons of cheap and tacky Christmas cards, though. I like plastering the envelopes with stickers when I send them out.

Also, if we're talking birthdays, mine is at the end of the week, and I like fishies. All I asked for this year is a trip to the aquarium since I haven't been there in years. :3:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

cuntvalet posted:

Nope, no log for me! Things were a little shaky at first, but it turns out that I'm a pretty hard taskmaster when it comes to eating healthy. I just counted the crap outta some calories, and took my food scale everywhere with me (yes, to bed), and somehow things just started happening! Once you get a little bit of success, hopefully you'll just become addicted to it like I am, and you won't need to make a log to keep you accountable. But, if that's your thing, then by all means!

I do keep a notebook for recording how many calories I'm eating per day, but I haven't done it too religiously for a long time now. Best advice I can give is to only weigh yourself once a week, and don't take a cheat day until you're at least a couple months in. YLLS forum here has the best information out there, and don't listen to random stuff people on the street tell you. :ohdear:

blinkeve1826 posted:

...though be forewarned that they will most likely show their appreciation by eating it.

Wait... how else are you supposed to show your appreciation for things? :confused:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 26, 2012

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I'm going to start sending out Christmas cards this week. My living room is in the middle of drywall sanding and I can't decorate until its done, so I need some Christmas cheer. :(

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Okay, as if this post if you have posted between like, the last time I posted in this thread and now, or if you're on the list, you are getting mail from me.

Some of the cards have confetti cancer. Open at your own (carpet's) risk.

E: Hell. Thermophonic, I think I didn't write YAY WEIGHT LOSS in yours like I intended to but YAY! Weight loss! I am also now completely out of stamps and stickers so I guess that's all I'll be sending. :smith:

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 26, 2012

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.
Thanks for my first ever goon card, Tremors!! I love the dino stickers.

Also, congratulations Thermophonic Joy on your weight loss!!! I've started that journey too, down almost 40lbs myself.

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...
Panorama_Change, I got the package you sent me and it is awesome!! Thank you!!! I tore it open and immediately read the comics right there where I sat, such a fun selection of issues! The card was both amusing and suitably creepy, the cat sticker actually happens to look exactly like one our house used to own, adding to the eerie stalker sentiment. You made my day, I was so excited when I got it. Thank you again!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cone of Tragedy fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 26, 2012

Miker525
Jan 2, 2011
Apparently I've gotten 3 pieces of goon mail recently! At school I haven't been checking my mail much, but I'm super excited to go back and read them! I'll post about it as soon as I can read em :D

Plan on sending out my own goonmail soon too!!!

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.

Cone of Tragedy posted:

Panorama_Change, I got the package you sent me and it is awesome!! Thank you!!! I tore it open and immediately read the comics right there where I sat, such a fun selection of issues! The card was both amusing and suitably creepy, the cat sticker actually happens to look exactly like one our house used to own, adding to the eerie stalker sentiment. You made my day, I was so excited when I got it. Thank you again!

You're very welcome, Happy Holidays!

Miss Areola Canasta
Oct 14, 2007

"You lookin' at me?"
Gawrsh, I love the holidays.

Makenna
1735 Peachtree St NE, Unit 218
Atlanta, GA 30309

If you send me something, I'll send something in return. :)

Miss Areola Canasta fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 27, 2012

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
Goon mail outgoing. Some of it's holiday and some of it is nonsense. ALL FUN.

Also, I guess it's too late, but my birthday is tomorrow (Nov 27). I think I posted that in my first post on this thread. If anyone likes to send late birthday cards, I would like that too.

Kitten Kisses
Apr 2, 2007

Dancing with myself.
I've done this the past two years and goon cards have become one of my fave holiday traditions, just bought a couple of boxes of cards tonight, so time to post that address. Our dog, buddy, loves getting mail too!

L and B Davis
11023 ne 125th ln v104
Kirkland wa 98034
USA

I try to send return cards to whoever sends me one, but eventually I will run out of supplies for this year's card budget :(

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...
They took a while to make, but sent some out today! Whoever gets them, I hope you like them! :)

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I've done this on and off for the past few years and LOVED it! I've moved a few times, so this is my updated address:

Dee P --- apparently my complex is strict with that stuff
5125 Palm Springs Blvd (Sorry,apparently I don't know my own address)
Unit 5206
Tampa, FL 33647

Happy Holidays, Goons! :-D

PS--- Most of my cards include rambling stories about nothing. It's the thought that counts, right?!

DLAO fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 15, 2012

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been eating... you.
Please be my pen pal?

Clarice, Mr. Clarice, & babby
211 S. Ellwood Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21224
US

We had a blast with this last year and can't wait to send some lucky goons a little bit of Baltimore (you too can live The Wire!).

We like robots, science, and random weirdness. :)

Cloyster
Jun 26, 2011
Let's be friends!!

Tink and Kit
C/O M. Feldman
16680 Center Way
Guerneville, CA, 95446
US

My life has gotten weird as of late and I've stopped making friends/going outside AND this is my first holiday without my family. Write me and I'll write you back and we can be pals!!

Send whatever you want. I enjoy cryptic death threats laced with holiday cheer, stories about how your day was and stick figure drawings of virtually anything. (also anything else would be lovely too)

Cloyster fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Nov 29, 2012

kittentits
Feb 16, 2009
if you use my colored pencils you better put them back in rainbow order
Hello again mail-exchanging goons!

I had my nieces draw up and write cards alongside with me this year. I tried to explain the concept of goons and card-swapping, and they loved it immediately; they're 11 and 13 years old and really excited about the prospect that we may receive mail from actual, real strangers from all around the world. Thus, to not have my brother disown me completely as a caretaker, I'd appreciate it if there was no :nws: or :nms: for any holiday cards directed at us. Any post that's safe for ages 11 and up will be replied to and loved by us all. If anyone's into putting incredible effort in their mailings, the youngest one of 11 years old is into anime, animating (she's good!) and the English language. She also enjoys cute animals of every sort. The 13 year old is a girly-girl, but introverted and has incredible wits and humor. We just lost my father, their grandfather, and some exciting post-cards from around the world would hopefully cheer us all up a bit for the coming holidays.

Since I don't want to give out their address, I've told them that all cards will be directed to and opened at my house, to which the address is:

T. Rasmussen
Tollbugata 46A
3044 Drammen
NORWAY

I have a bunch of ready-to-go cards that I'll start mailing out all over the world this weekend, and we'll be making more the next time they're over. I apologize in advance for the pre-teen nerd girl humor they will contain (pretty sure the youngest drew troll faces all over one of your cards). Huzzah!

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Got my first Christmas card of the year today from Fluffy Bunnies! Thanks. :3:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Tremors posted:

:3: I actually just got my thanksgiving card from you last night, so thank you too!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
As soon as December hits I'll be digging out ye olde cards to send. I refuse to send them before that time.

Christmas is December and November is for novel writing. :colbert:

That said, I am a little excited to be sending holiday cheer despite my tough girl bravado.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got two cards from goons today (and a couple cards from my mom) and now I'm super excited for the holidays. Thanks Fluffy Bunnies and Palette Swap! :3:

Cloyster posted:

Send whatever you want. I enjoy cryptic death threats laced with holiday cheer, stories about how your day was and stick figure drawings of virtually anything. (also anything else would be lovely too)

Oh man, do I have things to send you. :buddy:

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!
Thank you Kafka's Goldfish (I meant to thank you earlier, but forgot) and Palette Swap :)

Vixenella
Mar 24, 2009
Yay, Christmas cards! This is one of the best parts of the holidays! I'm digging out my Christmas stuff tomorrow so I'll start writing cards tomorrow night. My boyfriend is a goon too so if it can be to both of us that would be great! Our address is below

Nicole & Mike
311-2988 Silver Springs Blvd
Coquitlam BC
V3E 3R6
Canada

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

Tremors posted:

Same here! It was a great card!

JD
Jan 11, 2003
I'm recently dumped and living alone for the first time this Christmas so I could use some goon love

JD
952 E. Grand Ave
Escondido, CA

Send whatever, it'll make me smile.
I'll send out a few next week as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloyster
Jun 26, 2011

Mizufusion posted:

Oh man, do I have things to send you. :buddy:

I look forward to it! I'll be sending out cards and things when I track down where I put all my stamps