Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011
Reading all of Gunnerkrigg Court a couple of months ago got me motivated enough to actually complete the first page of a comic I'd had in mind for ten years.

So that's pretty awesome. Thank you Tea-San for inspiring me to go ahead and make my silly picture book a reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Just reposting from the webcomics thread as PleasingFungus said :)

I work in a Nursing home, in the activties department. One of the perks of my job is that I can do something like this.

Its fat Coyote!

I can't talk about any of the residents that helped me with this, but its clear to say that they are all really cool people.

Sometimes I have the best job :D

BoneMonkey fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 29, 2012

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

BoneMonkey posted:

I work in a Nursing home, in te activties department and one of the perks of my job is that I can do some like this.

Its fat Coyote!

I can't talk about any of the residents that helped me with this, but its clear to say that they are all really cool people.

That's fantastic and so are you! I'm trying to figure out how to make a Coyote kinder egg but I would also love to buy some Coyote art from the man himself.

Tea-san
Nov 6, 2003

BoneMonkey posted:

I work in a Nursing home, in te activties department and one of the perks of my job is that I can do some like this.

Its fat Coyote!

It looks great! Thanks for showing me a picture of it!

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Tom's tumblr posted:

Working on a winter wallpaper! It should be available on my site on Monday.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That's a great picture of Anne. Love it!

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Is that Annie? I thought it was Surma at first glance. Either way it looks awesome.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Cozz posted:

Is that Annie? I thought it was Surma at first glance. Either way it looks awesome.
That's the best/worst part about how Tom currently draws Antimony:

"Oh! She looks more like her mother with every chapter! :)"
*realization as to what that means*
"Oh... She looks more like her mother with every chapter... :("

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Hey Mort!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Mortsy.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Ammunition for the Avatar Fairy:

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Flippin' gorgeous page, exposition AND our buddy Mort!

Though I wonder about him being positioned across from Coyote, foreshadowing for the GC endgame?

Coyote vs... MEGAMORT

Edit: Boohammed Mortsy

ATP_Power fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Nov 30, 2012

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

MORT EXISTENTIALISM TIME

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I guess Mort is just a humans belief in Ghosts, then. Poor Mort, he never even had a chance to live. :(

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Can the ether and the human mind combine to create beings as strong as Mort?

Alternatively

Can the ether and the human mind combine to create beings as strong as Mort or myself?

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nettle Soup posted:

I guess Mort is just a humans belief in Ghosts, then. Poor Mort, he never even had a chance to live. :(

Did Mort ever specify that he was the ghost of a dead person, or just that he's a ghost?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Oh man, I just finished reading Gunnerkrigg after starting earlier this week and :iia:

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
I started reading Gunnerkrigg after seeing a few avatars from it and drat this is a good comic. Yeah the first few stories weren't that great and the hook was really the school for me, but it's been awesome to see how the art and story get better over time.

Plus this is probably one of the most gorgeous looking comics I've ever read.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Crossed arms is usually a gesture to indicate implicit disapproval. Given what we know about Jones, she must be intentionally doing this. Interesting!

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

BoneMonkey posted:

I work in a Nursing home, in the activties department. One of the perks of my job is that I can do something like this.

Its fat Coyote!

It looks great. Makes me want to do something similar, have a Coyote painting to hang somewhere, or one of Ysengrm, though a print from the man himself would be even better.

Hopefully we'll get more City Face pages soon! This chapter has been great, it will be even better to read through it in one go in the book.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jones knows more about this thats she's letting on. Also I kind of see a flaw with Coyote's hypothesis here. The fact that Coyote came up with it doesn't mean its the "truth", but maybe he himself can warp the ether subconsciously and make it the truth. Wouldn't him coming up with this answer entail that he suffers from humanities curse as well?

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Roger Explosion posted:

Crossed arms is usually a gesture to indicate implicit disapproval. Given what we know about Jones, she must be intentionally doing this. Interesting!

In addition to that, she's always referring to it as "Coyote's theory". "Coyote says". "Coyote claims".

Seems to me that Jones doesn't buy into this "humans can retcon the world using the ether" business.

AntimatterSpork
Apr 23, 2008

Modéré, je vous prie.
it turns out gunnerkrigg was about mort the whole time

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Welcome to Gunnerkrigg Mort

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I would actually be kind of disappointed if Coyote's theory was true. It seems like, "really humans made the gods through belief!!!!" is an overplayed idea.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Are we sure Mort is there as an example of what's being discussed and isn't just actually there? He could just be behind Jones, passing through, and is like, "oh hey it's Annie". At least it amuses me to think this is what's happening, that or he's behind Jones and actively mocking her.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Panel 3 looks like a profile photo.

"hi im coyote and welcome to my tumblr ^^ wanna giv a shoutout to my bff RENARD <3<3<3 miss u bbz talk more!! just so u know this is mostly a homestuck blog so if youre not into that you might wanna... give this a miss XD"

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Edward_Tohr posted:

In addition to that, she's always referring to it as "Coyote's theory". "Coyote says". "Coyote claims".

Seems to me that Jones doesn't buy into this "humans can retcon the world using the ether" business.

Well to be fair she's always been neutral in referring to things. Antimony pointed out she never refers to the Court or the forest as us, just 'The Court thinks', or 'The Court says'.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

So a few things.

This really seems to be tying back to what Coyote explained the court as, "It is man's endeavor to become God" (http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=499). Coyote's views of man's God is that 'driving force that bested him' that he might see at death, or the reason that a mountain crumbles (http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=1072, http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=1073). But really what does this mean for man to become God? Certainly it must go beyond just understanding why these things happen, but the desire to become that force itself

Another part from this:
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=1072
"It causes him to not see a stone when it is just a stone." Which is more or less what Jones reduces herself to. The striking part of it is that his example of what man might see there: the shape of a woman.

Now Jones is questioning if the mind is strong enough to create someone like coyote or herself. But the beings manifested seem to have a strong connection to the ether. Even Mort has some ability to change to the real world (Messing with doors when he tries to scare people). Yet now Jones says she has no connection to it at all. Coyote really seems to hint that Jones is another product of man's mind, but how would she not have some sort of connection to the ether if that was the case?

In summary: :spergin:

edit:

Freudian posted:

"hi im coyote and welcome to my tumblr ^^ wanna giv a shoutout to my bff RENARD <3<3<3 miss u bbz talk more!! just so u know this is mostly a homestuck blog so if youre not into that you might wanna... give this a miss XD"

"yo b sure to check out my post on my GREAT SEKRET!!!!"

RME fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 30, 2012

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Dodgeball posted:

This one is awesome.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Freudian posted:

Who wouldn't read a Homestuck blog written by Coyote?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

AE-35 Unit posted:

This one is awesome.

Where the heck did that thing come from

(If we ever need to replace :iia:...)

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Impermanent posted:

I would actually be kind of disappointed if Coyote's theory was true. It seems like, "really humans made the gods through belief!!!!" is an overplayed idea.

What if humans actually didn't make the gods with their belief, but enough people believed in the theory that humans made the gods with their belief?

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.

I would buy this one if I had the money to spare :(

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Dogbutt posted:

I would buy this one if I had the money to spare :(

Lucky you that the avatar fairy grants avatar wishes.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.

Yonic Symbolism posted:

HOLY. poo poo. Thank you Avatar Fairy!! You're the best!

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

GodFish posted:

Alternatively

Can the ether and the human mind combine to create beings as strong as Mort or myself?

This one made me laugh my rear end off. MORT PHOTOBOMB!

damn chimera
Jan 31, 2007

EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY

Dodgeball posted:

Oh man this one is great, I can't decide if I like this or the panel of him from Monday more.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Dodgeball posted:

I know it makes me a big gay softy but daww look how cute he is I just want to snuggle him :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Yonic Symbolism posted:

What if the Avatar Fairy doesn't exist, except by our collective belief in it?