Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Suh has a pretty big reputation as a dirty/cheap player.

Although there was absolutely nothing dirty about his hit on Cutler last night...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Suh has a pretty big reputation as a dirty/cheap player.

I think its more that whenever someone criticizes Suh, it always uses uncomfortable dog whistle racism.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Well ADOLF is right that Suh has pretty much gained a reputation now, fairly or unfairly. Especially with the recent "hit and run" thing or whatever it was. It's getting to James Harrison levels of disgust in some people.

I think Suh is pretty cool, that hit last night was amazing and totally legal.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a level highway.
The difference between Suh and Harrison is that Harrison makes his illegal hits in the course of a football play, while Suh stomps on guys heads after the play is over.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The Incredible Ed posted:

The difference between Suh and Harrison is that Harrison makes his illegal hits in the course of a football play, while Suh stomps on guys heads after the play is over.

He's also only done that once, he stomped on his arm, and got suspended for it. Haynesworth's stomp was 10 times worse. Harrison is still doing it. That thing by Suh was really, really dumb and I'm glad he got punished but I still think Suh isn't quite as bad as Harrison.

Maybe because Suh once said hi to me in trader joes, so Im biased.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

quote:

A spouse has every right to bang the neighbor if they wish. That doesn't mean it is the right thing to do.

A patsfan.com poster on why you should never boo.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A patsfan.com poster on why you should never boo.

That's usually where my mind goes when talking about cheering at a sports venue.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

haljordan posted:

On Mark Sanchez:

JESUS CHRIST YES. PLEASE GIVE THE JETS EITHER ONE OF THE MANNINGS.

My favorite part about that quote is that is exactly what the Giants had last year (well, the WRs were good but look up the thoughts on Nicks and Manningham in their rookie years...ugh)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I could post this guys long rant on why the Miami dolphins are currently a top five NFL team when you grade on a rookie curve or some weird justification but it just depressed me. He wrote like three pages on it.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
show

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I could post this guys long rant on why the Miami dolphins are currently a top five NFL team when you grade on a rookie curve or some weird justification but it just depressed me. He wrote like three pages on it.

You can't drop a post like this and not at least give us a link.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=75138&page=2

When asked "Which player should the Jets defense injure this week?"

quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
Bush even if he's on the sideline in sweats. Maybe one of our gunners can accidentally hit him on purpose.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
Somebody is mad after the Jets loss:

quote:

Congrats to the Dolphins on their Superbowl win
Because seemingly, this is what this game was to that shitbag franchise. They talked crap for weeks about the Jets trying to injure Bush in game 1 (we weren't!) act like classless pricks on the field (that tattoed POS dolphin OT gesturing at the Jets bench, among other things) They were coming off a bye while we have half a team on IR and were coming off a brutal OT game in New England.

Those idiots dance around like it's the super bowl. No wonder this team is practically NFL siberia with 10 fans nationwide. Those dopes don't even have an OUNCE of class. Reggie Bush did nothing today and had a fumble, watch him open up his heisman-less trap and talk. 200 yards of Miami total offense and they'll be talking up a storm I'm sure

Nice to see Tannenhill get some hot sauce. As well as some Miami D-line players.

Fish will be dissapointed no lombardi trophy in the locker room. But congrats on this franchises greatest accomplishment in 12+ years as they improve to a mighty 4-3

Dolphins like to pretend they matter. Newsflash, it's not 1984, nobody cares about you anymore

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I wouldn't be bringing up 4-3 when you're 3-5...

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wait so not only does he say "NO. gently caress THAT. MIAMI WAS CLASSLESS" in the exact same post as "SO GLAD TANNEHILL GOT THE HOT SAUCE" (code for injured on purpose) but he continues to bullshit on saying that Miami has no fans.

Okay. Brilliant.

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Holy poo poo: http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-10-most-confusing-things-about-football-to-outsider/

Those are certainly some funny observations! :suicide:

Cracked is the same site that refused Febreeze's fan comics which were pretty clever and drawn well.

Cracked paid money for this article.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

pasaluki posted:

Holy poo poo: http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-10-most-confusing-things-about-football-to-outsider/

Cracked is the same site that refused Febreeze's fan comics which were pretty clever and drawn well.

"...and what's the deal with airline food anyway?"

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

pasaluki posted:

I was hoping against hope they'd take my stuff, but the response mixed in with the fact that it took them 2 weeks to get back to me made it obvious they were more determined to pander to their nerdy fanbase then put up any sort of original content. They used to use guest articles all the time, but now they just do photoshop contests and let their writers come up with stupid poo poo. This is hardly the first anti-sports thing they've done: look at the sour grapes on this puppy:http://www.cracked.com/article_19670_the-5-most-annoying-things-about-sports-to-non-sports-fans.html

When I used to read cracked when it started to go to hell that particular writer was one of the worst offenders of "Hey lets write an article about small things that I get mad about". I see she hasn't gotten any better. She literally wrote two full articles about "small but annoying driver habits she doesn't like"

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 31, 2012

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
She talks about the safety as a defensive position and then a safety as a play, giving fairly straightforward, simplified definitions of both, and then says "Why are these terms so confusing?". That's comedy right there. I guess?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
God it's like every negative stereotype about girls and sports gained sentience and posted on the internet. I refuse to believe it's real. It's some extremely sophisticated social satire about gender roles that I'm just not intellectually equipped to understand.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

God it's like every negative stereotype about girls and sports gained sentience and posted on the internet. I refuse to believe it's real. It's some extremely sophisticated social satire about gender roles that I'm just not intellectually equipped to understand.

A Midfield Proposal

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Arschlochkind posted:

She talks about the safety as a defensive position and then a safety as a play, giving fairly straightforward, simplified definitions of both, and then says "Why are these terms so confusing?". That's comedy right there. I guess?

And does the same thing with the phrase "running down hill". At least she's right about the Redskins being a terrible name.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Good god Cracked got worse since I stopped reading it?

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

purkey posted:

And does the same thing with the phrase "running down hill". At least she's right about the Redskins being a terrible name.

Damning with the faintest of praise.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This isn't anything except idiotic rivals puns, but...well.

quote:

So, did PeeHolee and Cranial get fired?

How the hell is Cranial even an insult? I guess you're probably not the sharpest pencil in the box if you come up with PeeHolee and think it's a good idea to share, but surely you can come up with something else for Romeo.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I hate to post an entire thread but I can't get over this thread on FinHeaven.

This guy on there is a hardcore conservative, and has consistently been dropping little hints and nods that he's pretty much more Republican than George Bush, right down to thinly veiled racism.

I think he decided to finally drop the act. There is every cliche in this thread.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?329383-United-States-of-Racism

Statler Waldorf. Read his posts. It's incredible. Oh and bonus feature, some other guy genuinely trying to argue that he should be able to say whats up niggas to black people because THEY SAY IT TO EACH OTHER GUYS.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

What the hell is with his sig?

code:

Total Depravity
Unconditional Election
Limited Atonement
Irresistible Grace
Perseverance of the Saints

TULIP? That's Kyoon-esqe

Also, that guy is like rushtalkingpoint.txt, I'm almost glad I can't see pictures because I have less than 10 posts.

He wasn't an idiot who was justly called out at the time! He was just using data from past elections where Romney won!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

What the hell is with his sig?

code:
Total Depravity
Unconditional Election
Limited Atonement
Irresistible Grace
Perseverance of the Saints
TULIP? That's Kyoon-esqe

Also, that guy is like rushtalkingpoint.txt, I'm almost glad I can't see pictures because I have less than 10 posts.

He wasn't an idiot who was justly called out at the time! He was just using data from past elections where Romney won!

Those are the five points of Calvinism, the doctrines of grace.

Total Depravity: Sin has affected all parts of man.
Unconditional Election: God does not base his salvation on anything He sees in the individual.
Limited Atonement: Jesus died only for the saved and bears only their sins.
Irresistible Grace: God calls his saved and it cannot be denied. God delivers the gospel to all, the eternal call. But to the saved, there is a second internal call that cannot be resisted.
Perseverance of the Saints: The saved cannot lose this status and are eternally secure in Christ.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 30, 2012

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I hate to post an entire thread but I can't get over this thread on FinHeaven.

This guy on there is a hardcore conservative, and has consistently been dropping little hints and nods that he's pretty much more Republican than George Bush, right down to thinly veiled racism.

I think he decided to finally drop the act. There is every cliche in this thread.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?329383-United-States-of-Racism

Statler Waldorf. Read his posts. It's incredible. Oh and bonus feature, some other guy genuinely trying to argue that he should be able to say whats up niggas to black people because THEY SAY IT TO EACH OTHER GUYS.

Why the hell can't you see links or images if you don't have 10 posts? I feel I am missing out on his rantings.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ah drat. Does it show up now?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Ah drat. Does it show up now?

drat Crazy, that's some racist poo poo, you sure you should be posting that here?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He's an absolute beauty. I love reading arguments from people who are so full of themselves that they simply flat out refuse to admit they could possibly be wrong.

I'm not political whatsoever yet I found myself going to that forum just to read his huge rants. He was obnoxious about Obama vs Romney, and guaranteed victory for Romney. Wrote out this huge post.

Then gave his "breakdown" and stated how he (which it turns out, some random website) was 98% accurate in the 3 previous elections.

He got 8 out of 10 "swing states" wrong. It's beautiful. He just stopped going to the thread haha

Oh there's also another guy who has "SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO IS A TRUE AMERICAN" with a picture of him next to a flag in his signature. Its huge. He also called Obama's kids "crack babies" once. Its beautiful. And these guys aren't even from Florida.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Febreeze posted:

When I used to read cracked when it started to go to hell that particular writer was one of the worst offenders of "Hey lets write an article about small things that I get mad about". I see she hasn't gotten any better. She literally wrote two full articles about "small but annoying driver habits she doesn't like"

I love how every time I try to read one of these cracked lists, it doesn't show up. It just straight from the title with their dumb banner picture to "other articles you may like". I can turn off all my ad-blocking and it still just doesn't show up.

Well done, idiots.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kalli posted:

Those are the five points of Calvinism, the doctrines of grace.

Total Depravity: Sin has affected all parts of man.
Unconditional Election: God does not base his salvation on anything He sees in the individual.
Limited Atonement: Jesus died only for the saved and bears only their sins.
Irresistible Grace: God calls his saved and it cannot be denied. God delivers the gospel to all, the eternal call. But to the saved, there is a second internal call that cannot be resisted.
Perseverance of the Saints: The saved cannot lose this status and are eternally secure in Christ.

Learned something new! Didn't realize Calvinism was so much about the elevation of the self but eh, he probably also believes in the Prosperity Gospel from the sound of things so that's not even the worst.

You should direct him to the Right Wing Media thread in D&D, that would liven up an overall depressing thread.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Comments about Auburn's hiring Ellis Johnson as DC:

Alabama fan posted:

I will have to give you barners an "A" for effort. You are really trying to come back and have a decent team. Here is the problem :

You are always trying to measure yourselves against the Greatest Organization in the History of Human Athletic Competition, THE Alabama Crimson Tide. Compared to Bama, the NY Yankees are an expansion club.

Thus you are doomed to failure no matter how hard you try.

Enjoy!

Saban Rules !

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He's probably a doctor too

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
For the sake of equal opportunity stupid:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Morby posted:

Comments about Auburn's hiring Ellis Johnson as DC:

I mean, I know there are a sizable amount of Southerners that see all sports other than NCAAFB as some sort of silliness. But holy gently caress, it takes a special kind of disconnect from reality to believe that Bama is the "greatest competitive team in human existence".

loving Christ.

I live in Alabama and I didn't think that this level of insanity was possible. (PAWL)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

JetsGuy posted:

I mean, I know there are a sizable amount of Southerners that see all sports other than NCAAFB as some sort of silliness. But holy gently caress, it takes a special kind of disconnect from reality to believe that Bama is the "greatest competitive team in human existence".

Especially since Alabama would lose by 10 touchdowns to the shittiest NFL team.

• Locked thread