Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
random pics because my stuff was all clean before a series race in Omaha this weekend :)

After practice, nitro car got a new lid.

Ended up being a great race! Strong turnout for the area and weather with three full heats each of e buggy and nitro buggy. Even though Omaha's new building is "indoor", they have to open up many of the 16 overhead doors around it to clear out the smoke. Gets pretty chilly in there, not really looking forward to the dec/jan/feb races :suicide:.

I ended up setting a TQ run with the Tekno car. Every time I drive that thing I'm amazed at how incredibly good it is. Lead the 10min main from start to finish :).

Qualified 4th in gas. I was one of three drivers running a 10min fuel strategy. This the first time I've tried to eek that much out of a tank and it worked beautifully. The track was pretty blown out so the conservative approach I was taking to try and make 10min stops really played in my favor. By no means was I the fastest driver out there, but running smooth lead to very few mistakes. After the first round of normal 7-8min pit stops I had the lead and held it all the way to the end of the 30 minute main!

Nitro is loving awesome when your poo poo works like it should! I highly doubt I'll be able to make 10min when the weather gets much colder due to the richer tune required, but it's great to know it's an obtainable option for reasonable temps.

needknees fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Nov 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Glad you did well, very cool that nitro races require fuel strategy. I'm going to assume that modern nitro engines are much better than 10 years ago? I remember I had a Hyper .21 that I put into my savage that I carefully broke in to never die and wound up winning quite a few monster truck races just be being able to not flame out.

EDIT - My Wraith came today and thus far the build has been extremely high quality and fun.....until I found out that I have no steering knuckles in the kit. Looks like someone gave me extra C hubs instead of knuckles. Luckily a guy in my crawling club has a pair he's giving me. I know poo poo happens sometimes in mass production but it's still obnoxious. Other than that I've been having a load of fun.

ColonelJohnMatrix fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 27, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Airbone Operation posted:

I am very new to the RC car hobby as an adult. I had a neato 1/10 scale car when I was like 10 that cost a whole bunch of money and was very fast but I was 10 and played with it like a toy. Now that I am much older I got bored and bought a Traxxas Stampede xl-5. I didn't want to go overboard in case it wasn't as much fun as I remember and I didn't want to learn how to do nitro. All in good time. Right now I am trying to learn about batteries and electric motors and what makes one thing better than the other. The truck came with a charger and a NiMH 3000 mah battery. It takes forever to charge so I bought a traxxas peak charger and an NiMH 3300mah battery. I think this should work for me for awhile.

It has a 12t 550 motor. I am not really sure what this means. I think 12t means it has 12 turns of wire in it. I don't know if more is better or if it means it makes more power. I have no real intentions on upgrading things but I would like to figure out how things work and how they relate to each other. With regards to brushless motors, do they make more power? Use less battery? More battery? I guess they operate at much higher temps but other than that it doesn't mean much to me.

I was hoping the OP to this thread had all the answers but it is pretty simple. Is there any place to start with reading to get a better grasp on this new hobby?

Congrats, the Pede is an awesome truck and highly recommended around here.

I posted a big thing a while back on batteries and motors, let me see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here you go http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3125553&pagenumber=69&perpage=40#post408130979

As for your direct questions, a brushless system will make MUCH more power, and actually use the same or less battery. They are much more efficient.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 27, 2012

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Is A-main hobbies usually pretty slow to ship things? I got a Axial Exo and a battery pack with their black Friday %10 off thing and haven't received a shipping update yet.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Mcqueen posted:

Is A-main hobbies usually pretty slow to ship things? I got a Axial Exo and a battery pack with their black Friday %10 off thing and haven't received a shipping update yet.

They normally are pretty good. It's a bit odd that it's Weds and still no ship but I bet they were slammed over the weekend with orders.

My Wraith is pretty much built now I just have to paint the interior and mate the chassis to rollcage. This truck is built like a brick shithouse minus the steering knuckles. Going to definitely upgrade to aluminum ones.

EDIT - congrats on the exo. Those things look incredibly badass.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Mcqueen posted:

If they had any kind of response like we did with our Black Friday sale it's going to take a couple of days. We will be caught up tomorrow from all the orders we got :stare: it has been quite the week for us. You're going to love your EXO. I had a blast building mine. I would suggest painting your body panels first before building. The cage is an integral part of finishing the car and having to stop the build half way through to paint sucked balls and ended with me having the most half assed paint job I've done in a looong time. Did you do any upgrades? I did the axial hard ano f/r towers and steering rack. Also know it only comes with a 12T pinion with the 3mm bore. If you're using a 1/8 motor (I'm using a novak 4.5T ballistic 550) you'll need to get a 5mm bore pinion. I'm using 2S and using a 12T pinion for what it's worth.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Glad you did well, very cool that nitro races require fuel strategy. I'm going to assume that modern nitro engines are much better than 10 years ago? I remember I had a Hyper .21 that I put into my savage that I carefully broke in to never die and wound up winning quite a few monster truck races just be being able to not flame out.

Thanks!

I haven't really been in r/c long enough to comment on older engines, but from the races (bigger events and club races alike) it's still tough to make a car go the distance. There's still quite a bit of tweaking on the tune and of course, if your car isn't maintained there's a good chance you'll DNF. But definitely... if you can keep your car running for the whole length of the main you'll probably finish decently well.

It seems most of the advances are in making more power... of which is difficult to used because the engines are overpowered already! Fuel keeps getting better too. A better oil package can provide the same or better protection and lube to an engine with less overall oil content, and those extra few % of methanol can increase runtime if you tune for it. That said, I'm still running 11% oil to have more of a cushion for tuning flubs. The engine still makes MORE than enough power and still has great run time.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
At some levels of nitro racing, just finishing is enough to get you on the podium. Look at the Worlds - even in the Main Final guys are flaming out and losing many spots. That's partly because the racing is so close, but the range between the winner and the lowest finisher can be a couple of dozen or more laps.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

Somewhat Heroic posted:

If they had any kind of response like we did with our Black Friday sale it's going to take a couple of days. We will be caught up tomorrow from all the orders we got :stare: it has been quite the week for us. You're going to love your EXO. I had a blast building mine. I would suggest painting your body panels first before building. The cage is an integral part of finishing the car and having to stop the build half way through to paint sucked balls and ended with me having the most half assed paint job I've done in a looong time. Did you do any upgrades? I did the axial hard ano f/r towers and steering rack. Also know it only comes with a 12T pinion with the 3mm bore. If you're using a 1/8 motor (I'm using a novak 4.5T ballistic 550) you'll need to get a 5mm bore pinion. I'm using 2S and using a 12T pinion for what it's worth.

Wow, good info thank you! Ya, I haven't had an RC car since I worked at a hobby shop in high school. I was looking for something for just bashing and the EXO looks stout and cool. I went with this http://www.funshobby.com/index.php/...E+SHIPPING.html motor/esc combo and scavenged some old RC cars for an old JR radio and a high torque servo. Going to be upgrading as I get paid...learn more about LiPo and what kinds of new RX's people are into. Good thinking on the pinion bore, I'll have to get that and some lexan paint. Luckily I have plenty of time before that motor/esc gets here.

I purchased the 4.5Y version under the impression it would be simmilar to a 4.5 turn, or maybe some dude in China just made a mistake with his Y's and T's. Does that sound right? My buddy hooked me up with a couple 3300 NiMH packs until I decide on the LiPo setup I want, not ideal, but hopefully ok for just dicking around.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Mcqueen posted:

I purchased the 4.5Y version under the impression it would be simmilar to a 4.5 turn, or maybe some dude in China just made a mistake with his Y's and T's. Does that sound right? My buddy hooked me up with a couple 3300 NiMH packs until I decide on the LiPo setup I want, not ideal, but hopefully ok for just dicking around.
It will be similar compared to a 4.5 turn. The 'Y' is actually not a typo. In motor speak, you have a 'wye' winding technique and a 'D' or delta technique. Generally speaking, plebeians like us will not notice a difference for the most part, but delta winds need a lot more precision to operate correctly so apparently that makes for a 'better' motor. For what you're doing the motor speedo combo you got will work great. You'll need lipos soon though! It's the only way you will really unlock the power

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

My Wraith is finished and ready for the rocks this weekend. The build was great (minus Axial not including steering knuckles in the kit and a buddy giving me an extra set) and everything is extremely high quality with a great finish. Installing the interior was a bitch but it came out great!

The Wraith is gigantic and makes my scx10 look small in comparison. It's also pretty drat heavy. I reversed the 4 link bars and shock mounts to give it a lower CG and now it sits low and long. I have my scx10 dialed in to where it's one of the top performing trucks in our club so I'm excited to start zeroing in the Wraith.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

My Wraith is finished and ready for the rocks this weekend. The build was great (minus Axial not including steering knuckles in the kit and a buddy giving me an extra set) and everything is extremely high quality with a great finish. Installing the interior was a bitch but it came out great!

The Wraith is gigantic and makes my scx10 look small in comparison. It's also pretty drat heavy. I reversed the 4 link bars and shock mounts to give it a lower CG and now it sits low and long. I have my scx10 dialed in to where it's one of the top performing trucks in our club so I'm excited to start zeroing in the Wraith.

Holy poo poo, I thought that was a ghost buster logo on the hood and I was going to give you a high five.

That truck looks amazing, drat RC cars have gone nuts.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Not helping my desire to pick one of these up for messing around on my trials bike area.

Actually never seen on in person though, could you post it next to a common sized vehicle for reference? Something like a 1/10 car/truck/buggy/whatever.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

Not helping my desire to pick one of these up for messing around on my trials bike area.

Actually never seen on in person though, could you post it next to a common sized vehicle for reference? Something like a 1/10 car/truck/buggy/whatever.

I'm going to have the truck out at a meet tomorrow so I'll post pics next to several other trucks. I've said this before and I'll say it again, the Wraith looks cool in pics but it looks really loving cool in person. Despite thinking they looked neat in pics I had never wanted one until I saw one in person for the first time. More and more of them are starting to pop up in our club and I'm happy I got one for Christmas. Mine is setup with a 27t motor and I've lowered the CG quite a bit because I just will be using it for trailing/climbing/crawling. I wouldn't recommend one if you were going to jump it a ton. The truck is heavy as poo poo and is sort of a pain to work on. If you want something to hit your local creek or trail though, go for it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

I went yesterday morning and picked up these

I have more coming, building a course in the back yard for the trials bike and I think something like the Wraith would be perfect for that. Just want something slow and toruey for climbing rocks and logs. At this point it's between the SCX10 and the wraith really, both look like great slow climbers one just looks more scale than the other.

I have an old .21 t-maxx if I need to jump and bash.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Dec 2, 2012

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

NitroSpazzz posted:

I went yesterday morning and picked up these

I have more coming, building a course in the back yard for the trials bike and I think something like the Wraith would be perfect for that. Just want something slow and toruey for climbing rocks and logs. At this point it's between the SCX10 and the wraith really, both look like great slow climbers one just looks more scale than the other.

I have an old .21 t-maxx if I need to jump and bash.

That is beyond awesome. You talking pedalbike trials or the motorized variety? Can't wait to see pics of the final course!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

needknees posted:

That is beyond awesome. You talking pedalbike trials or the motorized variety? Can't wait to see pics of the final course!

I'm lazy so motorized for me. Brother's shopping for a cheap pedal one.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Had my Wraith out on the trails today and it's a fuggin' beast. My low CG setup with lots of weight up front made in nearly unstoppable. It also fell off a cliff (we were on top of some caves) into a tree and came out with barely a scratch. That roll cage is as functional as it is for looks. Here is a youtube video I shot of today's run. We also had a guy with a new SCX10-JK and it was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I8br-FpM2E

Awesome that you're building a course Nitro. As for SCX10 vs. Wraith that's hard to say. I love both trucks and both are extremely capable when setup properly. If you are talking straight up bang for the buck as a RTR I'd go scx10. The tires are awesome and out of the box it's ready to crawl/trail. The RTR Wraith has poo poo tires that are hard as a rock so you'd have to change that. You'd also want to lower the CG through a couple easy mods. If you are going SCX10 I'd recommend the RTR, but if you are getting a Wraith then do the kit due to the needed included upgrades. I LOVE my R35 2.2 Ripsaws.

Here is the shot you requested of a Wraith next to another SCX10. The SCX10 JK is long wheelbase and is pretty big for a 1/10 scale and the Wraith still dwarfs it. Both are fantastic products. You can't go wrong either way. If you need anything else feel free to send me a PM.

EDIT - If you watch that video I linked, the orange Dingo that keeps flipping was driven by a 5 year old! That little dinky r/c fording the water is a 30 dollar Maisto toy (driven by another 5 year old). That little toy grade actually did great for what it is!

ColonelJohnMatrix fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Dec 3, 2012

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The wraith looks great. The axel design is particularly cool. It'd be nice if they offered a narrow track version as an upgrade for the SCX10.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a brushed motor for my M-05? The Reedy Radon I replaced the stock motor with seems to be going dead. They're only $20 so I could just get another one, but I'd like to get a little more longevity out of it.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
Welp, just got my Losi 2.0 Buggy in the mail.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

OnlyJuanMon posted:

Welp, just got my Losi 2.0 Buggy in the mail.

BRAAAP.

Grats! If you have any questions on it I'll be happy to help. What engine/pipe and servos are you going with? You'll love the car!

Edit: This is a great setup to start with. I've found it to work well on a variety of tracks. http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Files/DrakeROARFuelNats.pdf

Only changes I've really made were not drilling the front 54 pistons out and using 37.5w oil in the front shocks instead of drilled 54s with 40w, and running 3k diff fluid in the rear (v. 2k) to calm it down a little on corner entry. Get tires that work on your track and let it rip :)

needknees fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 4, 2012

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Double post :saddowns:

HoWSeR posted:

any word on your replacements? i might be interested in one of those Rx8s

Better late than never... Should have these by the end of the week if you, or anyone else, is interested in a brand new RX8. They replaced both of them with BNIB units. Looking to get $175ea shipped in the US. I will post a SAmart thread with pics when they show up, but if someone wants to call dibs on one shoot me a PM.

edit: one spoken for, one left.

needknees fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Dec 6, 2012

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

needknees posted:

BRAAAP.

Grats! If you have any questions on it I'll be happy to help. What engine/pipe and servos are you going with? You'll love the car!

Edit: This is a great setup to start with. I've found it to work well on a variety of tracks. http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Files/DrakeROARFuelNats.pdf

Only changes I've really made were not drilling the front 54 pistons out and using 37.5w oil in the front shocks instead of drilled 54s with 40w, and running 3k diff fluid in the rear (v. 2k) to calm it down a little on corner entry. Get tires that work on your track and let it rip :)

Well, I sold a car I fixed up for 1200 bucks, so I just went to town on the RC TECH Buy/sell section. I bought the 2.0 buggy for 250, and he threw in 3 sets of tires, all different tread patterns.

I bought a Dynamite Platinum 21xp motor, with tuned race pipe for 120

2 4s lipos' for my bump box for 45 bucks FOR BOTH.

A bump box for 35.

6 more sets of tires glued to wheels for 55 bucks.

A Lipo charger AND power supply for 50 bucks.

The Hitec 7955TG servo for steering, 65 bucks.

the Savox 1257TG servo for throttle, 55 bucks.

So yeah, all the rest of that stuff is en route, and I'll be good to go!

HoWSeR
Sep 9, 2004

needknees posted:

Double post :saddowns:

Better late than never... Should have these by the end of the week if you, or anyone else, is interested in a brand new RX8. They replaced both of them with BNIB units. Looking to get $175ea shipped in the US. I will post a SAmart thread with pics when they show up, but if someone wants to call dibs on one shoot me a PM.

edit: one spoken for, one left.

Yes man I think ill take yer rx8. Just let me know where to send the paypal?

Man I LOVE my Mugen mbx6 buggy,so much that i got a used mbx6t! Even better news the new track here opened!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1wIoTtYPw4

Also look what Tekno are releasing.
http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5500-sct410-110th-4wd-short-course-truck/

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

HoWSeR posted:

Yes man I think ill take yer rx8. Just let me know where to send the paypal?

Man I LOVE my Mugen mbx6 buggy,so much that i got a used mbx6t! Even better news the new track here opened!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1wIoTtYPw4

Also look what Tekno are releasing.
http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5500-sct410-110th-4wd-short-course-truck/

Shoot an email to 'my SA username' @ the geemails and I will get you my paypal address :).

Truggys are awesome. If I thought I had the time to maintain two nitro cars I'd definitely get one. Trying to stay on top of maintenance for two 1/8ths is a lot of work PERIOD, let alone two nitros. I like running both buggies (gas and e) though, they drive pretty similar. From my experience it's hard to go back and forth between buggy and truggy because you can drive the truck so much harder. Not to mention the cost of truggy tires :gonk:.

I saw that Tekno 4x4sct a little while back. Like their e buggy, that's going to be a game changer in the 4x4sct class. Good to see they responded to demand so quickly! I hope at some point they release a nitro conversion for the EB48. Oh, the irony.

That track is freaking awesome, you're lucky to have something like that close by!

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I picked up an RC10R5 Oval last week and have been racing carpet oval. I really, really enjoy it - possibly more than off-road, though I'll have to stick with it longer to see if it's not just the novelty of it. I've always enjoyed NASCAR sims and oval racing in general, and I wanted to get into on-road originally, anyway.

I'm racing the 27T Brushed stock class for now (using loaner electronics) and I'm pretty consistently taking 2nd, with a couple of leads during qualifiers. I borrowed a friend's Customworks Aggressor and did OK with it, so I was expecting to do a little worse with my own RC10, since I built it and set it up without really knowing what I was doing. I've done a lot of reading and discussion with my stepdad (who mechanics for full-scale late model dirt oval cars and go-karts) I've got a set up that's working pretty well. I still turned 63 laps with it my first time out (up from 61 with the Customworks), with the winner doing 66 (up from 62 the previous race).

My son's been racing with me, and he's really enjoying it, too. He's been doing pretty good at short course with the XXX-SCT I put together for him, so I figure if he can get good with oval he'll be better all around.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Mike Reedy told me once how he told all his on-road drivers that they should race off-road, because of learning how to control rear slide and work the throttle, etc., so you might be onto something there.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

I used to race oval pan cars at a 1/4 midget banked oval. That poo poo was nuts.

This exact track actually:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDpLGiucAMw

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

krushgroove posted:

Mike Reedy told me once how he told all his on-road drivers that they should race off-road, because of learning how to control rear slide and work the throttle, etc., so you might be onto something there.

I definitely think it's good to be well-rounded! I figure oval racing will help me be more consistent and to get better at working traffic at speed. Our track's fast-guy races at both (same guy who loaned me the stuff), and while he dominates on dirt, on oval it's always close between him and the top 2 or 3. There's definitely a whole different challenge to it and I'm really enjoying it!

OnlyJuanMon posted:

I used to race oval pan cars at a 1/4 midget banked oval. That poo poo was nuts.

That's awesome! I race only on a flat carpet oval, and practice on an even smaller concrete oval (paint mixed with sand on the track surface).

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

OnlyJuanMon posted:

This exact track actually:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDpLGiucAMw

Do you have any video of the pan cars on that track?

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

I really can't find one, but they also raced the big quarter scale when I was there too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pwcwblt0Ok

By the way, I STILL have that Hyper 7 roller for only 100 bucks if anyone wants it, hell I'll take less money than that for it. I want it gone! I can sell a bump box to go with it also.

This is the old pavement tri oval near my house we used to race at. It shut down 8 years ago :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1aeTCwLMEg

This is the road course right next to the oval that people still race at with club meetings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaMoZnwTluw&NR=1&feature=endscreen

And of course, the big race in Atlanta every year is the Psycho Nitro Blast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJzTBglnUv0

OnlyJuanMon fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 7, 2012

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

OnlyJuanMon posted:

And of course, the big race in Atlanta every year is the Psycho Nitro Blast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJzTBglnUv0

Dude! I was at the last two and I'm going again this year. Definitely THE event to hit, and it lives up to the name. They're holding it in Unadilla now (just south of Macon), bigger venue and all. Dave and Ollie are awesome and put on a hell of an event.

I raced (well, tried to race) 4WD SCT and novice buggy last year. Unfortunately the dude I was there with broke his foot the first night we were there trying to marshal my car during practice so we were all pretty much exhausted the whole weekend, but I still had a great time.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

I've never been, but I just got my Losi 2.0, and I'm ready to race it in March! Maybe we can hook up and pit together bro.

Sorry for the bad quality, but here's my 2.0 that came in the mail.

Still waiting on the motor, pipe, and two servos!

It has the Gen 3 radio tray.

OnlyJuanMon fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 7, 2012

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Oval is the poo poo. I mainly have done dirt but i enjoy carpet as well. The racing is ultra tight.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat
Holy poo poo the EXO is fun, tons of turn in with the stock setup yet stable at speed. I've never had a 4WD off road car though, so maybe its just normal.

A standard 7.2 NiMH pack isn't anywhere near enough juice for the motor/ESC I got. It bogs down feels slow so I ordered these things from hobby king today:

Charger

Power Supply

3S pack

2S pack

Hopefully I can find a happy medium.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Just finished putting the video together for our annual Colonel's Winter Classic... if any of you guys are in/near Savannah in January, come on out!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhvRJFxkZyg

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Killer video and that looks like a badass track.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Man I wish I lived closer... would totally hit that up. There's a few of us in my area who are looking to travel to some bigger nitro races next year but that's probably out of our range :(.

Got my OS speed .19 back from being serviced at rcrenew.com. New ceramic bearings front and rear and a piston/sleeve pinch. Started breaking it in on Monday, it's basically like a new engine! Starting to get close to the point I can put a race tune on it, hope it performs this weekend. Love that little engine.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Doublepostin up in dis

Now that it's cold have you all shelved your toys till next spring?! Time to get out there and race! Support your local (or semi local) indoor tracks and go burn some laps!

Wintertime can get intensely competitive at warm indoor tracks :). And cold ones for that matter...

And, because I'm an idiot, I'm changing platforms AGAIN. See this RCtech post for more details. PM me on SA or send an email to 'my SA username' @ the gee mails with any questions.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/11590538-post4181.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

needknees posted:

Doublepostin up in dis

Now that it's cold have you all shelved your toys till next spring?! Time to get out there and race! Support your local (or semi local) indoor tracks and go burn some laps!

Wintertime can get intensely competitive at warm indoor tracks :). And cold ones for that matter...

And, because I'm an idiot, I'm changing platforms AGAIN. See this RCtech post for more details. PM me on SA or send an email to 'my SA username' @ the gee mails with any questions.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/11590538-post4181.html

After a few weeks being busy I got back at it this weekend. I put a new set of Pitbulls on my Wraith and it was a beast.

Here's the video I shot. Finally got an HD cam. The hills in this were super steep and were soft river bank sand. I love my Wraith so much!

http://youtu.be/YPgLIe05WT8

ColonelJohnMatrix fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 25, 2012