Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

Yeah, I use pomade. A lot of people use pomade. It's very common. It's just changed a bit since the 60's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This is probably in like 60% of the bathrooms of guys I know.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
My pomade was taken from me by the TSA. I want to write a rockabilly song about it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Pomade is pretty pro hair product.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Does anyone else read that as "jiggle?"

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Yeah, this is supposed to have a "deliberately cut-and-pasted wacky ensemble cast" look, but I'm not sure that excuses it for looking godawful:

I particularly like the woman on the right giving a "come and get it" motion with someone else's disembodied hand.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Tewratomeh posted:

Yeah, this is supposed to have a "deliberately cut-and-pasted wacky ensemble cast" look, but I'm not sure that excuses it for looking godawful:

I particularly like the woman on the right giving a "come and get it" motion with someone else's disembodied hand.

Each of those people look like they think they're in a completely different situation. Combined, they look pretty happy about their situation as well; "Teehee, let's block the door for a bit!"

Also, I thought Dave Foley chillin' on the ground there was Eric Roberts.

Hewlett fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 30, 2012

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Tewratomeh posted:

Oh boy...

I'm also 90% sure I've seen that Olivia Munn asset in like 4 other places.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think one of those fake cellphone pictures of her from a few months back used that face.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

zenintrude posted:

Maybe she just has one facial expression.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Well if you're gonna steal, steal from... the best?

But at least the Uncle Buck poster looks like it was only maybe two different shoots, John Candy separate and then the family also separate. It could've even been one shoot for all I know, with a hand-painted background.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Tewratomeh posted:

Hewlett posted:

Each of those people look like they think they're in a completely different situation. Combined, they look pretty happy about their situation as well; "Teehee, let's block the door for a bit!"

Also, I thought Dave Foley chillin' on the ground there was Eric Roberts.

zenintrude posted:

Oh boy...

Tewratomeh posted:

Well if you're gonna steal, steal from... the best?

But at least the Uncle Buck poster looks like it was only maybe two different shoots, John Candy separate and then the family also separate. It could've even been one shoot for all I know, with a hand-painted background.

This exact poster and comparison to Uncle Buck and general conversation happened a few months ago. It's deja-vu all over again.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This exact poster and comparison to Uncle Buck and general conversation happened a few months ago. It's deja-vu all over again.
Yea it's happened a couple times and I always have to check which page I'm on.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Tewratomeh posted:

Those bodies don't belong to those heads. Those hands, those legs, they come from different photos, a true army of Frankenstein's monsters!

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Tewratomeh posted:

For awhile there I thought the blonde's arm on the door was the shirtless guy's arm with a really awkward elbow placement.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Ez posted:

Maybe she just has one facial expression.

Taking a "sexy" dump?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

couldcareless posted:

For awhile there I thought the blonde's arm on the door was the shirtless guy's arm with a really awkward elbow placement.

:stare: Holy poo poo... I honestly did not even notice that it wasn't his arm. But then I'd look at her and see her holding the door too... that's some serious perspective mind-fuckery that you'd only get with the shittiest of copy-paste jobs.

And sorry about apparently starting another Freeloaders/Uncle Buck discussion.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Desperado Bones posted:

Those bodies don't belong to those heads. Those hands, those legs, they come from different photos, a true army of Frankenstein's monsters!

To be fair though, in the Uncle Buck poster that is in no way John Candy's left hand. It looks like it was just drawn. Also its not that clear but that could just be Candy's head posted on a body. The people on the other side of the door all look like it was from a real picture though.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

muscles like this? posted:

To be fair though, in the Uncle Buck poster that is in no way John Candy's left hand. It looks like it was just drawn. Also its not that clear but that could just be Candy's head posted on a body. The people on the other side of the door all look like it was from a real picture though.

That hand looks totally Terry Gilliam.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

The newspaper was also put in there, but yes, they win extra points for using a photo with real people on the other side. At least it looks more natural and less monstrous.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looking at that Uncle Buck poster, everything on the left side just looks more and more fake-y. The suitcase is totally fake, the cigar is obviously manipulated and the aforementioned racing form is totally just drawn.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Looking at that Uncle Buck poster, everything on the left side just looks more and more fake-y. The suitcase is totally fake, the cigar is obviously manipulated and the aforementioned racing form is totally just drawn.

Even his face looks like a painting if you look at it long enough.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

TheJoker138 posted:

Even his face looks like a painting if you look at it long enough.

Oh God, now I'm looking at things in real life and it all looks like paintings!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Can you show people on posters smoking anymore?

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mister Chief posted:

Can you show people on posters smoking anymore?

Nope, which leads to hilarity like the poster for a re-issue of Mon Oncle depicting the titular character with a pinwheel in his mouth.

Also, Goon-favorite Gravity Falls had a pretty awesome joke where a reanimated Groucho Marx wax figurine quips "Hey, why is my hand empty?" when they had to show him sans trademark cigar.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Noobz...with a z!

More like Boobz. She doesn't need eyes, a brain or a lower body, just a chest and a love of gamers. My dream woman :swoon:.

This was made in India and has now been dubbed with a star-studded cast! Considering it's sponsored by PETA I'm surprised the poster doesn't have a naked woman in a cage or covered in blood or something.

Also, check out the Michael Myers face on that topmost monkey :stonk:.

The perfect solution to the 'who gets top billing?' dilemma: Make a poster where you can barely see any of the cast or read their names. This one's not that bad overall, though. Unless you really hate instagram.

Nancy Grace: The Movie. From the trailer, this appears to be a found footage car-chase film. Yup.

And finally, a palette cleanser

Watch out lady, there's a train coming!

bowser fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Dec 1, 2012

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Having read the novel, that's intentional.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

They stopped trying to make Keira Knightley bustier, at least.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Why is Keira Knightley in so many bland adaptations of classic literature?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

WickedIcon posted:

Why is Keira Knightley in so many bland adaptations of classic literature?

I didn't think the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie was bland.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Alhazred posted:

I didn't think the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie was bland.

That was based on a ride at a theme park.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Mister Chief posted:

Yeah, but it stole more from Monkey Island than anything it took from the ride.

I can't believe Lucas didn't try to sue them over that one.

Holden McGroin
Oct 30, 2012

Mister Chief posted:

Yes, a ride that is in the Western canon.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, but it stole more from Monkey Island than anything it took from the ride.

I can't believe Lucas didn't try to sue them over that one.

According to his own words, when Dead Man's Chest was released, Ron Gilbert sat by his mail box for weeks, waiting for a royalty check that never came. It got really blatant when they introduced the mysterious voodoo lady in that one.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Forktoss posted:

According to his own words, when Dead Man's Chest was released, Ron Gilbert sat by his mail box for weeks, waiting for a royalty check that never came. It got really blatant when they introduced the mysterious voodoo lady in that one.

Good thing they then licensed On Stranger Tides, which Monkey Island also rips off heavily.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
It's ripoff pirates all the way down.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Monkey Island was originally inspired by the Pirates of the Caribbean ride anyway, sooooo...

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Are Monkey Island and POC the ONLY stories about pirates :psyduck:

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Are Monkey Island and POC the ONLY stories about pirates :psyduck:

Cutthroat Island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.
Don't you plebes know about One Piece? :nyoron: