Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blurry!
Jun 14, 2006

Sorry for Party Flocking
Pledged to my first Kickstarter. I'm a psycho gamer mercenary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I have seen a post similar to it long ago. If it is not a straight copy and paste it is a real post for another game. Maybe a stretch goal will be to reveal where the post is from.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Robotnik DDS posted:

No, but I guess a lot of dudes/another dude have this avatar and post a lot more than me!

I'm super excited to be working with the team and look forward to making some fun audiovisual stuff for the game. Like everyone, I was a huge fan of Barkley 1, so it's an honor to join up and I'll do my best to help bring the world to life!

Thank you for Django Unchained Season 3 opening. I have nothing but faith in you.

Gaspar Lewis fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Dec 1, 2012

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Yaos posted:

I have seen a post similar to it long ago. If it is not a straight copy and paste it is a real post for another game. Maybe a stretch goal will be to reveal where the post is from.

Those pump rants are actually real forum posts?

I always thought that was a joke.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Wheeee posted:

Those pump rants are actually real forum posts?

I always thought that was a joke.

Half of them are fake but there's at least two or three that are real. Plus that one guy in the dating service who lists like 8 specific, weird traits that his girlfriend must have is from sonic-chu or something.

The one about banging girls and high-fiving your bros instead of enjoying the immaculate world of Final Fantasy VII is from our very own Games forum.

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Dec 1, 2012

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Dreylad posted:

Half of them are fake but there's at least two or three that are real. Plus that one guy in the dating service who lists like 8 specific, weird traits that his girlfriend must have is from sonic-chu or something.

The one about banging girls and high-fiving your bros instead of enjoying the immaculate world of Final Fantasy VII is from our very own Games forum.

Fragmaster read off that post, but im almost positive it wasnt in Barkley.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

The only truck pump post that "breaks character" and is just an off-topic diatribe is the one in the b-ball dimension. I'm pretty sure that's the only one that was actually ripped wholesale from a forums post.

Truck pump's posts are just super well-written.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

CuddlyZombie posted:

The only truck pump post that "breaks character" and is just an off-topic diatribe is the one in the b-ball dimension. I'm pretty sure that's the only one that was actually ripped wholesale from a forums post.

Truck pump's posts are just super well-written.

From what I remember, Chef said that there were two rants that weren't written by him. One was by a guy who played the demo and thought the rants were serious. The other was from SA, I think.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
The only thing I fear about this sequel is the loss of my favorite running gag in the first one, where every person dribbling a basketball is depicted by the same terrible sprite.

Also I am also deeply afraid this game won't sell ten million copies and change the face of video gaming forever. The edutainment genre sorely needs a game changer like The Magical Realms of Tr na ng: Escape from Necron 7 - Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa (or TMRoTnn:EfN7RoCTOGotMC2otHBS for short) to revitalize it and advance it. Too long has the title of "greatest edutainment title" been held in the ruthless clutches of the cuthroat bastards behind Oregon Trail.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Still haven't got around to playing the first game, but the theme song alone has given me hours of enjoyment.
Chucking down some money because the whole kickstarter page is hilarious and if that's any indication of how the game will end up I'm pretty confident I'll get my money's worth.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm looking to spend my hard earned bitcoins upon a vidcon of great aptitude.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
If the 'start from Barkley 1 save' goal is reached, don't forget to have there be a flag in the Barley 2's save system that's set when a game is started from a Barkley 1 save, in case you ever make a third game. That way, it'll be easy to tell if someone has taken a save all the way through the series. Such people deserve to be rewarded.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Dec 1, 2012

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider
First-time kickstarter pledge. This TRUE DOOM-MURDERHEAD is ready to be edutained into a ballin' coma.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Hey guys, im one of the artists on this. Character sprites and animated bits mostly.

Cant believe how quickly we reached the goal, gat drat. This is nuts. Thank you so much everyone!!

I was pretty hard on the last few games you worked on that you posted about here (Not that you'd likely remember :v:) but I've got to say, the art is always wonderful. :allears:

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The only thing that could make me want this game any more is if it were playable on an actual SNES.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

The only thing that could make me want this game any more is if it were playable on an actual SNES.

Clearly, Barkley 2 should be for the Genesis. Only with blast processing can we truly experience the cyberpocalypse.

sharts
Jul 3, 2008

a̸ ̕s̡cŗeam͟i͠ng͞ ͘sk͏u̢l̨l i̡s y͝o͡ųr o͡n͟l͞y ͢comp̛ani̡o͞n͝

The Rokstar posted:

Is there a textdump of the truck pump rants from the first one anywhere? They were all hilarious.

Here, I transcribed it for my own amusement a long time ago: http://pastebin.com/Khf05qn4

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Just downloaded and played a chunk of the first game. If the sequel has as much effort put into it, it'll be worth the purchase. This is pretty edutaining.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
Put me down for $15. I can't wait to see what my hint is!

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Kleptobot posted:

Put me down for $15. I can't wait to see what my hint is!

This hint's on the house... Believe in yourself.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009

Chef Boyardee posted:

This hint's on the house... Believe in yourself.

Thank you good sir, I shall take that advice to heart once I mouse over that spoiler tag and see what it is.

Also, according to some arbitrary predictions this Kickstarter is on trend to break $400K. You guys should have no trouble thinking of more stretch goals, like buying stretch pants for one random backer, or a video of you rolling around in that kickstarter cash in front of some poor orphans.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
I don't donate to Kickstarters because I am a poor man with naught in my bindle but my laptop. That said, I loved the first Barkley and eagerly await the release of this one.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Kleptobot posted:

Thank you good sir, I shall take that advice to heart once I mouse over that spoiler tag and see what it is.

Also, according to some arbitrary predictions this Kickstarter is on trend to break $400K. You guys should have no trouble thinking of more stretch goals, like buying stretch pants for one random backer, or a video of you rolling around in that kickstarter cash in front of some poor orphans.

The "trend" listed on their site is more or less worthless. It's just drawing a line through the last few hours' donations out to the end. It'll slowly converge the actual value as time goes on but I wouldn't expect it go get anywhere near that high without some major propaganda going on.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

It'll slowly converge the actual value as time goes on but I wouldn't expect it go get anywhere near that high without some major propaganda going on.

Update: Barkley 2 now planned to include the entire Homestuck.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
This is the first and only kickstarter I have ever donated to, I want that goddamn movie theatre

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

DeclaredYuppie posted:

Charles Barkley isn't real anyways.

He's inside all of us.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

SerSpook posted:

He's inside all of us.

i wish

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Sex Vicar posted:

Game of all the years. Donating right now, just for this.

This makes me so loving giddy. This whole project does. I feel like a child.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden 2? As an action RPG? TAKE MY MONEY.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

The Kickstarter reminded me that I never actually got around to playing the first game, but I'm having trouble with getting the music to work. I'm running the latest version (1.10) on Windows 7. Anyone know anything about this?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I'm having trouble with the first Barkley on Windows 8. I reach the cutscene where the janitor causes a chaos dunk but within a second of the effect starting, the game just crashes. Is there any way to get around this?

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 2, 2012

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ryanbomber posted:

The Kickstarter reminded me that I never actually got around to playing the first game, but I'm having trouble with getting the music to work. I'm running the latest version (1.10) on Windows 7. Anyone know anything about this?

Issue with a sound .dll apparently. Try restarting your computer.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Ryanbomber posted:

This is because of supersound.dll and it's a pretty rare problem, but it's fixed by restarting your computer. We have no idea why this happens.

YourAverageJoe posted:

I'm having trouble with the first Barkley on Windows 8. I reach the cutscene where [spoiler]the janitor causes a chaos dunk[/url] but within a second of the effect starting, the game just crashes. Is there any way to get around this?
Wait, what? Janitor causes a chaos dunk? I'm not sure which part you're talking about. Is this in the beginning or the end of the game?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

YourAverageJoe posted:

I'm having trouble with the first Barkley on Windows 8. I reach the cutscene where the janitor causes a chaos dunk but within a second of the effect starting, the game just crashes. Is there any way to get around this?

The crash you just experienced was canon.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Chef Boyardee posted:

I'm not sure which part you're talking about. Is this in the beginning or the end of the game?

It's in the Spalding building, during a flashback, the one where Dr. Davis reveals he's putting in more manufactured slamium and Dr. Cosby leaves.

EDIT: I also had crashes happen sometimes in battle when Vinceborg's laser was on screen, and when a lot of balldroids died at once. They didn't happen 100% of the time, but frequently enough to force me to restart a few times, and avoid drawing out battles.

Thanks for the workaround, though. :)

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 2, 2012

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
OH. We'll investigate this, we've never heard of this crash before but it is possible to skip cutscenes by pressing the cancel button a few times. I'd recommend that for now.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
I'm so exited for this I'm replaying Barkley 1 and NBA jam on fire. we get all the bonus stuff like the extra games and soundtracks at the end of the kickstarter, right? I want to set the mountain of debt song as my ringtone.

Malseth
Aug 18, 2008
Fun Shoe
So I just finished Barkley 1, loving fantastic. The combat was really fun though I never mastered passing.

Upped my donation from 25 to 40.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I just threw fifteen Neo-Shekels at my first kickstarter donation.. Thanks, Tales of Game's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

helopticor posted:

So I guess Shalinor owes me a custom title

SerSpook posted:

He's inside all of us.
Apparently.