Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Sideshow sent out their arrival notifications for Hot Toys Avengers Cap. Surprised he'll actually be on time considering the three month delays on Nick Fury and Hawkeye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
For anyone else looking for it, the NECA Battle-damaged Predator 2-pack is out now, I just picked up my set today at Toys R Us. I'm loving the new articulation on the Jungle Hunter, as well as the new paintjob.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The NECA Dutch was posted to Facebook... tempted to get it as their sculpts are spot on.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jace Madan posted:

For anyone else looking for it, the NECA Battle-damaged Predator 2-pack is out now, I just picked up my set today at Toys R Us. I'm loving the new articulation on the Jungle Hunter, as well as the new paintjob.
Paging Nefud/why cookie rocket...

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Oh good the Engineer and Trilobite from Prometheus have hit too!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

therealjon_ posted:

Oh poo poo, seriously?

Then again my local TRUs haven't even gotten the new wave of Terminator figures so I'm not sure if I should be rushing to grab my car keys just yet.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

therealjon_ posted:

I didn't see that 2-pack when I got my Pred one, hopefully I'll find it soon.

Jace Madan fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 28, 2012

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just a reminder, the DC Direct Jim Lee Justice League 7 figure set comes out tomorrow. It's being heavily allocated so if you want one you should snatch it up. SRP is $100 which is a steal for all 7 figures AND the single Superman doesn't hit until January.

So go forth and spend money!

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
DCU Series 3 looks... um... like a thing:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Mattel just sells kitbashes now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So.. A different Darkseid to the New 52 one they already did, Superman in a Borat style swimsuit and regular Aquaman..?

liquidswordz
Mar 21, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

So.. A different Darkseid to the New 52 one they already did, Superman in a Borat style swimsuit and regular Aquaman..?

Act like you haven't been waiting YEARS for a comics-accurate Hydrocephalic Darkseid. It's about time, Mattel.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 6, 2014

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

loving Mattel. Apparently they have a half off USPS shipping cost right now, so I swapped it to UPS shipping to see if it was half off too, and hey guess what, it showed that it was! Then I hit order and it jumps in price by $10. I hate you Matty.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

This is a loving toy, apparently. I love Hot Toys but I've never wanted to pay anything close to that price point for an action figure. I think this may make me bend on that idea though, especially if I can get some kind of payment plan for this when it comes out.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

This is a loving toy, apparently. I love Hot Toys but I've never wanted to pay anything close to that price point for an action figure. I think this may make me bend on that idea though, especially if I can get some kind of payment plan for this when it comes out.

Sideshow preorders got their 14 day shipping notice on him a couple days ago, so if you're in the market, you should grab one now with their payment plan.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I was at a toy-show in San Jose the other day and the guy running the booth had some blind-buy toys (in this case a tokidoki marvel frenzies) and he was offering to help people get the ones they wanted without having to actually opening any. The dealer pulled out his phone and brought up a map of where each one was in the case. Someone picked out a box the dealer pointed to and sure enough it was the one he wanted.

Does anyone know where I can find these sort of maps online? I tried googling 'case maps' and a bunch of other stuff but couldn't find anything. I'd like to go into a store and just get the ones I want everytime...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

But what if people move them around when browsing? Now you'll never know.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Blackchamber posted:

I was at a toy-show in San Jose the other day and the guy running the booth had some blind-buy toys (in this case a tokidoki marvel frenzies) and he was offering to help people get the ones they wanted without having to actually opening any. The dealer pulled out his phone and brought up a map of where each one was in the case. Someone picked out a box the dealer pointed to and sure enough it was the one he wanted.

Does anyone know where I can find these sort of maps online? I tried googling 'case maps' and a bunch of other stuff but couldn't find anything. I'd like to go into a store and just get the ones I want everytime...

Every company runs a little differently. Some use product codes (not barcodes) others use a braille-type physical dot code. Other companies also just offer full blind boxes which may still be differentiated by weight or mass.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Jet Ready Go posted:

Every company runs a little differently. Some use product codes (not barcodes) others use a braille-type physical dot code. Other companies also just offer full blind boxes which may still be differentiated by weight or mass.

I know with Kidrobot and Vinylmation, there's no way of telling at all and usually each case is different. Something like the Knex Mario or Lego Minifigure bags, there is a some sort of code on the back of each.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Fish Of Doom posted:

I know with Kidrobot and Vinylmation, there's no way of telling at all and usually each case is different. Something like the Knex Mario or Lego Minifigure bags, there is a some sort of code on the back of each.

Yeah Kidrobot is full blind. Most Japanese companies are also full blind, unless the importer tags them because they figure (rightly so sometimes) that the American market can't handle / dislikes blind boxes.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I was out with friends doing some Christmas shopping and saw something I've been looking for for quite a while, so my buddy got it as his gift to me.

Subject 245: The Punk from Sideshow's The Dead line

The Dead was Sideshow's in-house zombie line, originally producing 12-inch figures beginning with the SDCC '05 exclusive Patient Zero, and totaling eleven figures (with seven color variants for four of them) by the time this aspect of the line ended in 2009.

It's since been retooled into a line of high quality Premium Format Figures which look awesome but are prohibitively expensive for the average collector, even those pieces that offer Flexpay (The Reaper figure coming out in January carries a whopping $1000 price tag, though you're getting an amazing three foot tall demon of metal and bone for it).

This guy was the last 12-inch figure released, and he came out at a time when I couldn't afford him, making him the last and only Dead I never had (I was lucky enough to find the first one for a reasonable price before they were all gone and the price skyrocketed). Compared to the first ones, this guy is fantastically well made, and because of the finite nature of the line you can easily see the quality improve as they grew more experienced with this stuff, particularly in getting the clothing to fit properly. Check out the metal earrings (nose ring is sculpted, though).

The printing for the clothing is really well done, and you can see he's got a nice bullet belt with dangling suspenders (which can be worn properly, but looks much more punk-ish with them down).

He gets some more details in the form of attitude-appropriate buttons and a skull ring.

Despite being a horror line, they knew how to have some fun with the figures, evidenced by the punk's mad air guitar skills, this Texas Chainsaw-esque promo for The Butcher, or the entire concept of a drunk mall santa as a zombie.

This version happened to be the exclusive, which came with a gory chunk of meat grasped in an alternate hand. Of course, if angled just right, that flailing bit of flesh looks oddly familiar:

ROCK ON

You can see more of them at Cool Toy Review, since the rest of my zombies are buried in a storage unit.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Dec 5, 2012

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
If any of you guys ordered the Figma Link domestically, you might want to check your orders. Diamond screwed up and it seems the entire American allotment is canceled so you're stuck with import shops.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Bandit64 posted:

If any of you guys ordered the Figma Link domestically, you might want to check your orders. Diamond screwed up and it seems the entire American allotment is canceled so you're stuck with import shops.

That suuuuuucks, it's a fantastic figure and having to import it means paying up the rear end.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Hey folks I haven't posted here in a while but are there any customizers interested in my scrap pieces? I had a bunch of various accessories I can't find homes for or diorama pieces that went unused as I liquidated my collection last year.

I'd like to get SOMETHING for it (aka not lose money shipping it and maybe a pizza). Let me know if interested. There were a few customizers I've helped in the past here but I don't even know who's around.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Louisgod posted:

That suuuuuucks, it's a fantastic figure and having to import it means paying up the rear end.

Actually I imported it and Link+Shipping cost me less than just the figure by itself would have at BBTS.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Other posted:

Actually I imported it and Link+Shipping cost me less than just the figure by itself would have at BBTS.

It was like this with the Samus that came out last summer. I think after shipping, it cost me like $40 from Amiami, which was less than any American retailers had it for.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Hey FYI the entire new wave of Marvel Legends is about 8 bucks a figure on Amazon right now. I just got the entire wave for 54 bucks shipped.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

When are the Marvel Legends running changes going to show up? I want my Dani Moonstar :qq:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cocks Cable posted:

When are the Marvel Legends running changes going to show up? I want my Dani Moonstar :qq:

One of my weird customers who's usually right says they hit 3rd week of Dec.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Cocks Cable posted:

I haven't seen any of them anywhere yet. I wouldn't imagine til next year. I am wanting the White Doom, Blade and Redpool myself. I'll probably pick up Dani too. I wish there were more New Mutants in the line. There has been what? Cannonball and.... Cannonball? I still have my Magik and Warlock from the Pre Legends line on display.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Djarum posted:

Hey FYI the entire new wave of Marvel Legends is about 8 bucks a figure on Amazon right now. I just got the entire wave for 54 bucks shipped.
Oh poo poo, good catch! I wonder why they're selling for so cheap?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Long shot here but would anyone have a set of Despero BAF legs sitting around?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Djarum posted:

Long shot here but would anyone have a set of Despero BAF legs sitting around?
Longshot as well. Can you find me a pic?
I also found two sentinels in my basement (baf).

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
OH poo poo GET DOWN HE'S GOT A GUN!

I'm digging SH Monsterarts.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Gammatron 64 posted:

OH poo poo GET DOWN HE'S GOT A GUN!

I'm digging SH Monsterarts.

I want one of those so badly. Is there anyway to get them cheaper than 70 bucks or whatever crazy price?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Bushifox posted:

I want one of those so badly. Is there anyway to get them cheaper than 70 bucks or whatever crazy price?

He's easily available for $60.
http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-69500-Godzilla-S-H-MonsterArts/dp/B005EVC1B6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354917262&sr=8-1&keywords=sh+monsterarts

I really want King Ghidorah, but I can't afford him right now at $125 and supposedly his wings like to break. :(

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

He's easily available for $60.
http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-69500-Godzilla-S-H-MonsterArts/dp/B005EVC1B6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354917262&sr=8-1&keywords=sh+monsterarts

I really want King Ghidorah, but I can't afford him right now at $125 and supposedly his wings like to break. :(

Yeah, I just have a hard time paying 60 bucks for a 6 inch figure...It pained me to pay 20 for a MOTUC figure.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Djarum posted:

Who am I missing from this wave?

Marvel legends Deadpool $9.37
marvel Legends Mystique $8.60
Marvel legends Punisher 8.97
Marvel legends USAgent 8.97

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Iron Man and Dr. Doom. Hopefully Moonstar and Blade come out sometime this century.